PDA

View Full Version : Ellen Page BTFO by Ted Cruz

Pauly D
08-21-2015, 05:59 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ellen-page-confronts-ted-cruz-gay-rights-iowa/story?id=33231236

He gives her the ol Cruzin Bruisin WHILE making lunch. Probably so impressed she begged him to take her out to the cornfield and give her the Cruz missile

Trainwreck2100
08-21-2015, 06:04 PM
"snuck her way up to the grill and asked the GOP presidential candidate about "the persecution of gays in the workplace and LGBT rights."

:lol they got their marriage and that's their new cause.
:lol persecution in the workplace

Blake
08-21-2015, 06:08 PM
Op gonna vote for Cruz?

Pauly D
08-21-2015, 06:21 PM
LGBTs still bitter against repubs even though they won and there's nothing the mean old white men repubs can do to them anymore

Op gonna vote for Cruz?

Cruz is like my 4th choice but that doesn't mean he wasn't alpha as fuck in this vid

Mark Celibate
08-21-2015, 06:26 PM
As much as I hate the democrats, I do have to admit that it's stupid of the repubs to care about frivolous stuffs like people's sexual orientations. I mean it's none of their business what someone wants to fuck, same sex or opposite sex, or nothing at all.

Trainwreck2100
08-21-2015, 06:30 PM
As much as I hate the democrats, I do have to admit that it's stupid of the repubs to care about frivolous stuffs like people's sexual orientations. I mean it's none of their business what someone wants to fuck, same sex or opposite sex, or nothing at all.
Actually it's fucking genius because it helped keep them in power in the south for years

Mark Celibate
08-21-2015, 06:40 PM
Then it's stupid of the Southern people to keep buying their craps imho. The republicans need to learn to respect LGBT rights as much as the rights of their own. The old guards have religious freedom of course, but such freedom should not become an excuse for infringing the rights and freedom of gay people tbh. Being gay isn't no sin, which is a simple truth that the republicans would never admit.

Pauly D
08-21-2015, 07:24 PM

I completely agree, but what are they doing that's imposing on gays now that same sex marriage is legal?

Then it's stupid of the Southern people to keep buying their craps imho. The republicans need to learn to respect LGBT rights as much as the rights of their own. The old guards have religious freedom of course, but such freedom should not become an excuse for infringing the rights and freedom of gay people tbh. Being gay isn't no sin, which is a simple truth that the republicans would never admit.

There is no issue anymore. The only concrete issue regarding LGBTs was gay marriage and now that's gone. Everyone shoukd shut the fuck up about it now

Mark Celibate
08-21-2015, 07:40 PM
Marriage is legal but the unfriendly atmosphere against gay people is still there and it is embedded in the culture. Some employers fire gay people for no reason, people treat you as a freak just because you're walking with someone of your same sex etc... It is fucking unfair and ridiculous. It's none of other people's business whether one wants to be gay or lesbian, or even celibate, tbh.

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 07:41 PM
I completely agree, but what are they doing that's imposing on gays now that same sex marriage is legal?

There is no issue anymore. The only concrete issue regarding LGBTs was gay marriage and now that's gone. Everyone shoukd shut the fuck up about it nowEmployment discrimination is probably the big issue now, so they won't shut up about that.

Reck
08-21-2015, 07:45 PM
Marriage is legal but the unfriendly atmosphere against gay people is still there and it is embedded in the culture. Some employers fire gay people for no reason, people treat you as a freak just because you're walking with someone of your same sex etc... It is fucking unfair and ridiculous. It's none of other people's business whether one wants to be gay or lesbian, or even celibate, tbh.

I dont know how it is over there in China scro but here, they get treated nicer than most people.

It's like a someone with a terminal desease. Everyone is nice around them.

Of course there are those few homophobes that will act a fool no matter what but I dare say they have even more oportunities to advance in society than your average guy.

It's like the thing with the Native Americans and the blacks. They got retribution plus more for what happened to them and they still want more.

Now that, is ridiculous.

SpursforSix
08-21-2015, 07:48 PM
Gays and blacks share one thing in common. They love fucking drama. It will never stop.

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 07:50 PM
Gays and blacks share one thing in common. They love fucking drama. It will never stop.White guys love drama too. See OP.

Mark Celibate
08-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Agree maybe it's just china. The gay percentage of chinese population might be even higher than US (considering the lopsided gender ratio here) but you rarely see them coming out bravely and overtly imho, they have to live under the shell all the time which is miserable tbh.

Even being a celibate here draws you considerable prejudice, meanwhile celibacy has been a popular lifestyle in Europe for decades (Never been there myself so it'd be highly welcomed if a native European can confirm it).

SpursforSix
08-21-2015, 07:52 PM
White guys love drama too. See OP.

You mean Pauly? Or Cruz?

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 07:53 PM
You mean Pauly? Or Cruz?BTFO!

Or is he not white?

Change it to straight guys then.

SpursforSix
08-21-2015, 07:59 PM
BTFO!

Or is he not white?

Change it to straight guys then.

I don't know what that means. Something the fuck something.

Reck
08-21-2015, 08:01 PM
Agree maybe it's just china. The gay percentage of chinese population might be even higher than US (considering the lopsided gender ratio here) but you rarely see them coming out bravely and overtly imho, they have to live under the shell all the time which is miserable tbh.

Even being a celibate here draws you considerable prejudice, meanwhile celibacy has been a popular lifestyle in Europe for decades (Never been there myself so it'd be highly welcomed if a native European can confirm it).

LOL those are the worst kind. I do look upon them with disgrace.

The flamboyant type gay dude is disgusting.

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 08:03 PM
I don't know what that means. Something the fuck something.Whatever it is, it's dramatic.

SpursforSix
08-21-2015, 08:12 PM
LOL those are the worst kind. I do look upon them with disgrace.

The flamboyant type gay dude is disgusting.

Here's the rub. Every gay on TV is an over the top flamboyant queen. But they want everyone to treat them the same. And then they fucking scream prejudice when someone dares to make fun of them as flamboyant.

Pauly D
08-21-2015, 08:17 PM

this is such a fucking myth

White guys love drama too. See OP.

making a thread on a dramatic celebrity is not dramatic

Whatever it is, it's dramatic.

So dramatic I can't contain myself!!!&'&;/£÷? $?)@(#&=

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 08:19 PM
this is such a fucking myth

making a thread on a dramatic celebrity is not dramatic

So dramatic I can't contain myself!!!&'&;/£÷? $?)@(#&=All caps dramatic.

You like the drama. It's not a crime, dude.

DJR210
08-21-2015, 08:53 PM
Who cares, Trump is gonna be the new POTUS.. America is so fucking stupid, I bet Mike The Situation would win the presidency if he ran.

spurraider21
08-21-2015, 08:55 PM
so she asks about discrimination here and he predictably deflected to "but isis does it worse!!"

it doesn't address the discrimination that goes on here. are we further along than isis and iran? yeah i sure hope so. doesn't mean we still can't improve upon where we are now

Pauly D
08-21-2015, 09:04 PM
so she asks about discrimination here and he predictably deflected to "but isis does it worse!!"

it doesn't address the discrimination that goes on here. are we further along than isis and iran? yeah i sure hope so. doesn't mean we still can't improve upon where we are now

And then she deflects to fucking Jamaica. What discrimination btw?! As much as liberals want there to be there is no institutional prejudice in this country anymore. Get over it

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 09:08 PM
And then she deflects to fucking Jamaica. What discrimination btw?! As much as liberals want there to be there is no institutional prejudice in this country anymore. Get over itSomeone can be fired from any job for being gay in many states.

The gays don't like that.

Pretty simple.

Pauly D
08-21-2015, 09:14 PM
Someone can be fired from any job for being gay in many states.

Pretty simple.

And when does that EVER happen?

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 09:18 PM
And when does that EVER happen?It happens and in about two thirds of the states it's legal.

SpursforSix
08-21-2015, 09:24 PM
It happens and in about two thirds of the states it's legal.

It happens way less than gays getting hired instead of a more qualified straight white male.

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 09:25 PM
It happens way less than gays getting hired instead of a more qualified straight white male.Where are you getting your statistics for this?

I'd love to see them.

SpursforSix
08-21-2015, 09:40 PM
Where are you getting your statistics for this?

I'd love to see them.

Show me enough instances of people getting fired for being gay to show it's a big problem across the nation.

Pauly D
08-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Where are you getting your statistics for this?

I'd love to see them.

I'd love to see the stats of "firings based on sexual orientation" and learn how they figure out that it's the reason. AND REGARDLESS, we should have the fucking libertarian mindset when it comes to private business anyway. Owners' rights

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Show me enough instances of people getting fired for being gay to show it's a big problem across the nation.How many people need to be fired to make it a "big" problem?

I'd love to see the stats of "firings based on sexual orientation" and learn how they figure out that it's the reason. AND REGARDLESS, we should have the fucking libertarian mindset when it comes to private business anyway. Owners' rights
So you have no stats?

Just say so.

Pauly D
08-21-2015, 10:03 PM
How many people need to be fired to make it a "big" problem?

So you have no stats?

Just say so.

Of course not because it's impossible to prove that just like the stats you couldn't find are impossible. So now we're back square one, there is no problem

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 10:05 PM
Of course not because it's impossible to prove that just like the stats you couldn't find are impossible. So now we're back square one, there is no problemI never claimed to have any stats.

You made up a bunch of shit and failed to back it up.

That's the difference.

SpursforSix
08-21-2015, 10:05 PM
How many people need to be fired to make it a "big" problem?

I don't know. Enough to show its not just an isolated incident or two. I haven't seen anything from the liberal media so I know it's not enough to be outraged.

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 10:07 PM
I don't know. Enough to show its not just an isolated incident or two. I haven't seen anything from the liberal media so I know it's not enough to be outraged.So you aren't going to look either.

Good for you.

It's not like you are going to give a shit about it in any case -- but some people do. Don't be surprised by it.

SpursforSix
08-21-2015, 10:25 PM
So you aren't going to look either.

Good for you.

It's not like you are going to give a shit about it in any case -- but some people do. Don't be surprised by it.

Look for incidents to back your statement? You're right for once...I'm not going to go look. It's as insignificant a problem as deaths by alligators. I'm sure it really sucks for the victim and family but it's not frequent enough that we need any movements started.

Pauly D
08-21-2015, 10:26 PM
I never claimed to have any stats.

You made up a bunch of shit and failed to back it up.

Lol neither did I

You claimed "it happens" and I claim it doesn't. My claim is based on never reading or hearing any specific cases. I'm assuming your claim is based on what you've read or heard about, right?

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 10:30 PM
Look for incidents to back your statement? You're right for once...I'm not going to go look. It's as insignificant a problem as deaths by alligators. I'm sure it really sucks for the victim and family but it's not frequent enough that we need any movements started.How do you know if you never look? it's not like it's difficult to do for any normal person.

But again, you're never going to give a shit in any case, so why pretend you would?

Lol neither did I

You claimed "it happens" and I claim it doesn't. My claim is based on never reading or hearing any specific cases. I'm assuming your claim is based on what you've read or heard about, right?No you made a comparison that should be quantifiable.
It happens way less than gays getting hired instead of a more qualified straight white male.Which means you claim to know the statistics for both.

You know neither.

And got called on it.

That's all.

I said it happens, and again all one needs to do is use Google to find out that it does. I won't expect you to look.

SpursforSix
08-21-2015, 10:44 PM
How do you know if you never look? it's not like it's difficult to do for any normal person.

But again, you're never going to give a shit in any case, so why pretend you would?

No you made a comparison that should be quantifiable.Which means you claim to know the statistics for both.

You know neither.

And got called on it.

That's all.

I said it happens, and again all one needs to do is use Google to find out that it does. I won't expect you to look.

This must be your night. You're right again...I don't give a shit. Because it's a non-issue. I'm more concerned about the episode I'm about to watch of Mr. Robot being subpar.

SpursforSix
08-21-2015, 10:48 PM
And pretend I posted the Willie Wonka, "Good day sir." meme.

Biernutz
08-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Page came in to Ted with a GLBT agenda when he was just talking about religious freedom.
He was gracious enough to talk to her alone even though he didn't know who she was.
She didn't get the answers from Ted she wanted so she started a number of sarcastic
tweets critical of Cruz. OH! she has a lesbian themed movie that is coming out .....No
link here....no way.....nothing to see here...move on....move on....

Pauly D
08-21-2015, 10:49 PM
How do you know if you never look? it's not like it's difficult to do for any normal person.

No you made a comparison that should be quantifiable.Which means you claim to know the statistics for both.

You know neither.

And got called on it.

That's all.

You need to look at who you're quoting. Your mixing our points. But I am like him in that if there truly was something for LGBTs to be concerned about we'd hear specifics. Since you can't help us out any more than the news or internet we're assuming we had it right. Keep throwing your bait cause I'm not biting anymore

08-21-2015, 10:50 PM
there to be there is no institutional prejudice in this country anymore. Get over it
lol

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 10:55 PM
This must be your night. You're right again...I don't give a shit. Because it's a non-issue. I'm more concerned about the episode I'm about to watch of Mr. Robot being subpar.

And pretend I posted the Willie Wonka, "Good day sir." meme.

You need to look at who you're quoting. Your mixing our points.I just figured you're the same person. So many posters do that and you're both saying the same thing.
But I am like him in that if there truly was something for LGBTs to be concerned about we'd hear specifics. Since you can't help us out any more than the news or internet we're assuming we had it right. Keep throwing your bait cause I'm not biting anymorelol demanding to be spoon fed news stories.

You're an idiot.

Just say you don't give a shit and quit whining about people who do.

Bobby Junk
08-21-2015, 11:20 PM
I don't know. Enough to show its not just an isolated incident or two. I haven't seen anything from the liberal media so I know it's not enough to be outraged.

One is one too many.

SnakeBoy
08-21-2015, 11:49 PM
Someone can be fired from any job for being gay in many states.

Pretty simple.

What states have laws that specifically allow people to be fired for being gay?

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 11:56 PM
What states have laws that specifically allow people to be fired for being gay?There doesn't have to be a law allowing it for it to happen.

There has to be a law against it to stop it from happening.

Jacob1983
08-21-2015, 11:57 PM
Does Ellen Page live in America?

Pauly D
08-22-2015, 12:01 AM
There doesn't have to be a law allowing it for it to happen.

There has to be a law against it to stop it from happening.

:lmao oh shit, and there it is. A liberal wanting more and more laws. That'll solve the problem that doesn't exist. Liberals and conservatives both claim to want small government and then you see shit like this

ChumpDumper
08-22-2015, 12:02 AM
:lmao oh shit, and there it is. A liberal wanting more and more laws. That'll solve the problem that doesn't exist. Liberals and conservatives both claim to want small government and then you see shit like thisYou're still here?

Why would you be against such a law if you think the problem doesn't exist?

Jacob1983
08-22-2015, 12:38 AM
That goober destroyed her. Good stuff. Someone was waiting for a cooked and ready to eat burger and bitch Ellen Page had to butt in and prevent someone from eating that burger.

Pauly D
08-22-2015, 01:06 AM
You're still here?

Why would you be against such a law if you think the problem doesn't exist?

Because the time and resources of our elected officials go into making laws. The last thing they need is more useless shit to do. And then even more importantly there's the enforcement of the laws. A waste of time and effort for businesses and the courts

ChumpDumper
08-22-2015, 01:10 AM
Because the time and resources of our elected officials go into making laws. The last thing they need is more useless shit to do. And then even more importantly there's the enforcement of the laws. A waste of time and effort for businesses and the courtsLawmakers have plenty of time and resources to make a simple law like that, and if there is no problem like you say, why would any money be spent to enforce it?

Oh, Gee!!
08-22-2015, 01:26 AM
Here's the rub. Every gay on TV is an over the top flamboyant queen. But they want everyone to treat them the same. And then they fucking scream prejudice when someone dares to make fun of them as flamboyant.

I base all my judgments on TV characters too.

Pauly D
08-22-2015, 02:28 AM
Lawmakers have plenty of time and resources to make a simple law like that, and if there is no problem like you say, why would any money be spent to enforce it?

Oh, I don't know, maybe because we have a problem with frivolous lawsuits in this country because we're a nation of victims? People look for reasons to sue all the time

Aztecfan03
08-22-2015, 04:33 AM
that's fine. But don't force others to go against their religion by being involved.

Insomniac
08-22-2015, 04:52 AM
He won't be losing any sleep over this. But there is too much pork in politics.

Gent
08-22-2015, 05:23 AM
Who cares, Trump is gonna be the new POTUS.. America is so fucking stupid, I bet Mike The Situation would win the presidency if he ran.

Flavor of the month.

The other side hasn't even started campaigning hard yet. If Trump is the best the reds have they are screwed. Heck they don't even want him. He threatened to go to a third party. What a dysfunctional bunch.

But it it does goes to show the majority of the American people are stupid to buy into the Trump making America great by building a wall and making Mexico pay for it. Delusions.

Warlord23
08-22-2015, 05:55 AM
Because the time and resources of our elected officials go into making laws. The last thing they need is more useless shit to do. And then even more importantly there's the enforcement of the laws. A waste of time and effort for businesses and the courts

It's not about making brand new laws but extending existing anti-discrimination laws to LGBT people. The Texas labor code, for instance, already protects people against discrimination based upon race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, and disability.

Cruz dodged the question by pointing to Christians being "persecuted". The classic "I feel discriminated against for not being allowed to discriminate on the gheys" which he probably knows is a stupid response, but goes down well with his support base.

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2015, 07:16 AM
Pauley D got his asshole ravaged in this thread by Chumpdumper.....Chump went in hard until he released....and then fell asleeep with his dick in Pauly D's ass....

Pauly D fell asleep too...:lol

Biernutz
08-22-2015, 08:06 AM
It's not about making brand new laws but extending existing anti-discrimination laws to LGBT people. The Texas labor code, for instance, already protects people against discrimination based upon race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, and disability.

Cruz dodged the question by pointing to Christians being "persecuted". The classic "I feel discriminated against for not being allowed to discriminate on the gheys" which he probably knows is a stupid response, but goes down well with his support base.

Cruz didn't dodge anything. Page was just there to promote her upcoming movie about a lesbian couple who has a healthcare issue. Pages tweets after meeting with Cruz just shows her intent.

man on wire
08-22-2015, 08:50 AM
Cruz didn't dodge anything. Page was just there to promote her upcoming movie about a lesbian couple who has a healthcare issue. Pages tweets after meeting with Cruz just shows her intent.
Well thank you mr. Obvious.

Warlord23
08-22-2015, 09:16 AM

Page might have a specific motive, but Cruz didn't answer her question and instead went on a tangent about Christians being victims. I don't blame him for dodging, because there is no rational answer that justifies his position on the matter.

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2015, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing ISIS get their hands on Cruz tbh. he's the worst kind of demogauge and does not belong in this country...tbh

Biernutz
08-22-2015, 09:51 AM
Page might have a specific motive, but Cruz didn't answer her question and instead went on a tangent about Christians being victims. I don't blame him for dodging, because there is no rational answer that justifies his position on the matter.
He was there to talk about religious freedom not gay and lesbian issues. Cruz answered her question and why should he let her hijack his presser so she could pimp her movie. He owes her nothing but he gave her time to listen to her. Did you read the story on the link?

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2015, 10:02 AM
He was there to talk about religious freedom not gay and lesbian issues. Cruz answered her question and why should he let her hijack his presser so she could pimp her movie. He owes her nothing but he gave her time to listen to her. Did you read the story on the link?

Yeah lets do it ya dumb drunk jackass...lets read shall we....lets start by reading the actual dates on Ellen's tweets...which obviously had nothing to do with her presence at the fair or her movie...all it shows is that she's criticized this circus clown for years....you morons :lol learn how to read b4 you criticize others...

Biernutz
08-22-2015, 10:09 AM
Yeah lets do it ya dumb drunk jackass...lets read shall we....lets start by reading the actual dates on Ellen's tweets...which obviously had nothing to do with her presence at the fair or her movie...all it shows is that she's criticized this circus clown for years....you morons :lol learn how to read b4 you criticize others...

she went there with a agenda asshole ... You read it your way and I read it mine......

Warlord23
08-22-2015, 10:43 AM

I read the story ... I agree that Cruz doesn't owe her an answer. But he chose to respond, and his response was to deflect to a different topic. He did not address the question that was asked. "Well, what we’re seeing right now, we’re seeing Bible-believing Christians being persecuted for living according to their faith.” ... This is a dodge, plain and simple.

I don't blame him. Better to dodge than try to defend a losing position.

ohmwrecker
08-22-2015, 10:50 AM
The pedophile has a problem with homosexuals... That's rich.

Koolaid_Man
08-22-2015, 11:04 AM
she went there with a agenda asshole ... You read it your way and I read it mine......

Why but of course..you're a fucking nuts tea party moron that equates tweets from 2yrs ago to a response from an answer made yesterday. :lmao

RD2191
08-22-2015, 11:06 AM
Lmao @ cruz missle.

pgardn
08-22-2015, 11:39 AM
LGBTs still bitter against repubs even though they won and there's nothing the mean old white men repubs can do to them anymore

Cruz is like my 4th choice but that doesn't mean he wasn't alpha as fuck in this vid

Says Mr. Beta who would have fun raping a girl if he could get away with it.
Fckn coward.

"So a black family on vacation is running around in the room above me, what do I do, can't sleep?"

Oh maybe go upstairs and ask them to stop... Mr. Alpha. Seriously, you are a slimy wimp. You got a big mouth and no guts.

Pauly D
08-22-2015, 12:32 PM

There's protection for all those things because at one point there WAS a problem of discrimination of those. There was no gay culture when this would've been a problem and now that there is a vocal culture there's also a complete acceptance across the fucking board. Ok, sure, if Big Bubbas Auto Shop in the middle of nowhere found out so and so was gay they might do something about it, but 99% of the country doesn't give a shit so why impose on what the religious people feel is their last stance against immorality or whatever, especially when there is no visible issue?

I read the story ... I agree that Cruz doesn't owe her an answer. But he chose to respond, and his response was to deflect to a different topic. He did not address the question that was asked. "Well, what we’re seeing right now, we’re seeing Bible-believing Christians being persecuted for living according to their faith.” ... This is a dodge, plain and simple.

I don't blame him. Better to dodge than try to defend a losing position.

He didn't dodge at all.

Page: "Discrimination against gays in the workplace...why"
Cruz: "Because it's their religion and it's their right in the private sector"

And btw, using my little example above, I think Bubba should be able to fire anyone he wants for any reason. Forget the religious aspect, it's a free market issue.

Says Mr. Beta who would have fun raping a girl if he could get away with it.
Fckn coward.

Lol wtf? Did I hit a nerve

Trainwreck2100
08-22-2015, 01:09 PM
And btw, using my little example above, I think Bubba should be able to fire anyone he wants for any reason. Forget the religious aspect, it's a free market issue.

We're in a right to work state, as much as I hate it if it's right to work than yes everyone one of the employers in those states can fire for whatever they want. But seriously this is an issue that would most likely only occur in a small town. If it's a small town they'd probably already know who the homos are before they hire them anyway.

Pauly D
08-22-2015, 01:20 PM
We're in a right to work state, as much as I hate it if it's right to work than yes everyone one of the employers in those states can fire for whatever they want. But seriously this is an issue that would most likely only occur in a small town. If it's a small town they'd probably already know who the homos are before they hire them anyway.

YES. And even if someone hasn't come out yet they're not going to want to work at Hickville Co.

SpursforSix
08-22-2015, 02:54 PM
YES. And even if someone hasn't come out yet they're not going to want to work at Hickville Co.

You know exactly what would happen if they made new laws. Some flamboyant gay would go to Palestine, Texas and apply to work at Zeds Garage. Then sue when he doesn't get hired. Forget the fact that he doesn't know shit about cars. And you can bet he'd probably have the whole ordeal on video in case there's a reality show premise.

Warlord23
08-22-2015, 03:42 PM
There's protection for all those things because at one point there WAS a problem of discrimination of those. There was no gay culture when this would've been a problem and now that there is a vocal culture there's also a complete acceptance across the fucking board. Ok, sure, if Big Bubbas Auto Shop in the middle of nowhere found out so and so was gay they might do something about it, but 99% of the country doesn't give a shit so why impose on what the religious people feel is their last stance against immorality or whatever, especially when there is no visible issue?

The first key point is the one that you make about cultural acceptance. I'm not convinced that there is 99% acceptance as you suggest. A significant proportion of the population still feels passionately about this issue, as evidenced by the existence of a number of well-funded anti-LGBT lobbying groups. Secondly, I don't believe legal protection should exist based on frequency of occurrence. As an example, I'm sure that 99% of the country is absolutely fine with treating women no differently than men. Based on that, if we were to remove anti-discrimination legislation, what would stop a fringe religious denomination or a Muslim group from discriminating against women?

He didn't dodge at all.

Page: "Discrimination against gays in the workplace...why"
Cruz: "Because it's their religion and it's their right in the private sector"

Any free market should have mechanisms that prevent a majority of market participants from discriminating against a minority. Having said that, in reality, business owners can and often do fire people for non-work reasons which are difficult to prove (e.g. disabled people). The law just ensures that they aren't open and blatant about it. If they are stupid enough to brag about not hiring someone for being "the wrong type" of person, IMO they deserve to be penalised. Finally, IIRC the Texas anti-discrimination labor code doesn't apply to very small businesses (15 or less employees), so Bubba should be free to do whatever he wants.

DarrinS
08-22-2015, 06:27 PM
So hard to be successful when you're a lesbian named Ellen. :cry

Lol, persecution.

You've already won the culture war, so I guess all that's left to do is shut down the small percentage of bakeries and wedding photographers who don't "think correctly".

Mark Celibate
08-22-2015, 06:47 PM
The point Cruz seemed to have missed, or intentionally ignored, was that it goes beyond "religious freedom" when an employer decides whether or not to hire someone based on his/her sexual orientation. Homosexuality has never been a legal issue, not even in the old days when gay marriage was still not legal, so it's none of the employer's business whatever type of life his employees choose to live. Homosexuality poses no threat or harm to the social order so the law has no interest banning it, but in some old guards' eyes it is obtrusive and unacceptable.

Discrimination ain't nothing new in the job market, involving a wide variety of elements such as gender, nationality, education and family backgrounds, as well as one's sexuality. If the feminists and people of minor racial groups are given green lights to complain about all the unfairnesses they encounter in the society, why deny gay people of the same rights? If you don't feel happy working with gay people, you can simply ignore their sexuality imho. The decision whether to hire someone should be based upon his/her capability, rather than sexuality, tbh.

jeebus
08-22-2015, 07:01 PM
Page is 28? She looks in her mid 40s in the picture. Sexually frustrated lesbians do not age well.

Mark Celibate
08-22-2015, 07:22 PM
Page is 28? She looks in her mid 40s in the picture. Sexually frustrated lesbians do not age well.

Agree and that makes the essential difference between gay people and celibates. Celibates age gracefully and we often look like 2/3 of our real ages. For example, a spinster at our school (de facto spinster imho, she once got married but her husband has been working in a remote military base so maybe they only get to see each other every few years. She lives with her mom and several cats, tbh) who is 60 this year but still looks like some fine lady in her early 40s. There ain't no loss that comes without any sort of gain, imho, live alone and live long.

Jacob1983
08-22-2015, 09:57 PM
So a Muslim couple can force a Rabbi to marry them? A Jewish couple can force a Catholic priest to marry them? My question is why give money to a business or store that doesn't agree with your lifestyle choices? Is it because you must get your way no matter?

Spurminator
08-24-2015, 10:44 AM
As we all know, once a Supreme Court decision is made, people and politicians who oppose that decision completely back off their opinion and do nothing to try to undermine it. I believe Ted Cruz's quote after the decision was "We must respect the Supreme Court's decision and abide by it in our policies." So yeah, why is this lesbo still bitching? The war is over!

Spurminator
08-24-2015, 10:46 AM
So a Muslim couple can force a Rabbi to marry them? A Jewish couple can force a Catholic priest to marry them?

No. Feel better?

My question is why give money to a business or store that doesn't agree with your lifestyle choices? Is it because you must get your way no matter?

Why did black people give money to a business that made them use a separate bathroom? Why didn't they go find another place to eat?

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 10:47 AM
Some really insecure males in this thread tbh.

Trainwreck2100
08-24-2015, 10:56 AM
As we all know, once a Supreme Court decision is made, people and politicians who oppose that decision completely back off their opinion and do nothing to try to undermine it. I believe Ted Cruz's quote after the decision was "We must respect the Supreme Court's decision and abide by it in our policies." So yeah, why is this lesbo still bitching? The war is over!

Because now people can finally stop having to give a fuck about the gays. After years of bullshit being shoved down our throats. They probably don't want to lose that attention

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 10:57 AM
Because now people can finally stop having to give a fuck about the gays. After years of bullshit being shoved down our throats. They probably don't want to lose that attentionWhen did you give a fuck about the gays?

Spurminator
08-24-2015, 10:57 AM
Because now people can finally stop having to give a fuck about the gays.

Yes, I definitely saw a lot of Republican office holders not giving a fuck once the Supreme Court made its decision.

JoeTait75
08-24-2015, 11:25 AM
So hard to be successful when you're a lesbian named Ellen. :cry

Lol, persecution.

You've already won the culture war, so I guess all that's left to do is shut down the small percentage of bakeries and wedding photographers who don't "think correctly".

At this point they're just going around the battlefield shooting the wounded, so to speak.

Pauly D
08-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Why did black people give money to a business that made them use a separate bathroom? Why didn't they go find another place to eat?

Useless argument only used to remind people of a different time. Because back then there wasn't 500 choices to choose from like there is now

Spurminator
08-24-2015, 12:35 PM
Useless argument only used to remind people of a different time. Because back then there wasn't 500 choices to choose from like there is now

You've never been to a place with a population of 5000 people or less, I take it.

Trainwreck2100
08-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Yes, I definitely saw a lot of Republican office holders not giving a fuck once the Supreme Court made its decision.

Pandering to their base at their base's weakest point. How many of them brought it up since those first couple weeks?

Pauly D
08-24-2015, 01:07 PM
You've never been to a place with a population of 5000 people or less, I take it.

Yes I have and there's usually a large black population in those areas and everyone knows each other anyway so go fuck yourself

Spurminator
08-24-2015, 01:41 PM
Pandering to their base at their base's weakest point. How many of them brought it up since those first couple weeks?

This is a thread about an argument between a lesbian celebrity and a candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States.

Spurminator
08-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Yes I have and there's usually a large black population in those areas and everyone knows each other anyway so go fuck yourself

You're missing the point. In a conservative town of 5000 people there's probably not 500 places to go get one specific service.

Jacob1983
08-24-2015, 02:12 PM
Wasn't this all stunt by Ellen Page so people would go check out news about a new movie she has coming out? How many movies has she been in the last 5 years? X-Men Days of Future Past? She and Michael Sam should team up and have a reality show as roommates.

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Wasn't this all stunt by Ellen Page so people would go check out news about a new movie she has coming out?What movie?
How many movies has she been in the last 5 years?Five plus some TV.
She and Michael Sam should team up and have a reality show as roommates.Why?

Pauly D
08-24-2015, 02:17 PM
This is a thread about an argument between a lesbian celebrity and a candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States.

a candidate confronted by an emotion driven celebrity. Was he supposed to go full fetal position like Bernie Sanders in Seattle?

You're missing the point. In a conservative town of 5000 people there's probably not 500 places to go get one specific service.

And I'm saying it doesn't matter anymore. You were trying to compare Jim Crow days to modern times

Pauly D
08-24-2015, 02:20 PM
What movie?Five plus some TV.Why?

You really ask the important questions, don't you? You contribute absolutely nothing, but dammit do you really get to the bottom of the issues

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 02:21 PM
You really ask the important questions, don't you? You contribute absolutely nothing, but dammit do you really get to the bottom of the issuesWhat are you contributing here?

Spurminator
08-24-2015, 03:02 PM
a candidate confronted by an emotion driven celebrity. Was he supposed to go full fetal position like Bernie Sanders in Seattle?

Did she hold a rally? I mean, who is the bigger whiner?
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/ted-cruz-warns-war-faith-religious-freedom-rally

And I'm saying it doesn't matter anymore. You were trying to compare Jim Crow days to modern times

If it didn't matter anymore, it's largely because of anti discrimination laws that politicians like Ted Cruz and the people who support him DON'T want to apply to LGBT's.

How rare the incidence is that a business owner refusing to serve certain people because of religious beliefs is irrelevant. As annoying as you may find it that gays use incidents like this to cry victimization, don't forget that conservatives also use them as rallying cries to claim that religious freedom is being undermined.

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 03:30 PM
:cry The real victims, brought to you by Ted Cruz. :cry
Iz0SnpuDb3c

Spurminator
08-24-2015, 04:12 PM
The "whining about whining" noise is substantially louder than the actual whining, as usual.

DarrinS
08-24-2015, 04:50 PM
The "whining about whining" noise is substantially louder than the actual whining, as usual.

I think her going to confront Cruz in person is louder than posts on this sub forum of ST.

Spurminator
08-24-2015, 05:02 PM
I think her going to confront Cruz in person is louder than posts on this sub forum of ST.

I'm not talking about SpursTalk.

Is her confronting Ted Cruz louder than Ted Cruz holding a Rally for Religious Liberty? Is it louder than the hours of news time devoted to a handful of persecuted Christians being forced to serve gays?

DarrinS
08-24-2015, 05:31 PM
I'm not talking about SpursTalk.

Is her confronting Ted Cruz louder than Ted Cruz holding a Rally for Religious Liberty? Is it louder than the hours of news time devoted to a handful of persecuted Christians being forced to serve gays?

Evidently, if you expressed the same view that was held by our president only a few years ago, you may not be able to do business. That's pretty loud.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28668633/denver-council-hits-pause-chick-fil-at-dia

Spurminator
08-24-2015, 05:35 PM
Evidently, if you expressed the same view that was held by our president only a few years ago, you may not be able to do business. That's pretty loud.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28668633/denver-council-hits-pause-chick-fil-at-dia

I didn't see Ted Cruz or Ellen Page mentioned in that article. Are we switching to a discussion about a $5-billion-dollar business being victimized by a city council discussion over their causes?

Mark Celibate
08-24-2015, 05:54 PM
agree with most of you here. If you don't feel comfortable seeing gays & lesbos being around, just ignore them tbh.

Pauly D
08-24-2015, 07:46 PM
agree with most of you here. If you don't feel comfortable seeing gays & lesbos being around, just ignore them tbh.

We're trying! I'm a libertarian that wants everybody to do what they want and I'm "comfortable" around anybody. I get tired of hearing about problems that could potentially exist despite all evidence contradicting any systemic prejudice

Jacob1983
08-24-2015, 08:20 PM
She's just pissed that she is a shitty actress that no one wants to work with anymore.

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 08:23 PM
She's just pissed that she is a shitty actress that no one wants to work with anymore.Five features this year and the next.

Mark Celibate
08-24-2015, 10:37 PM
She's just pissed that she is a shitty actress that no one wants to work with anymore.
Page is far from being a shitty actress imho. When she was only a teenager she got nominated for Oscar, a feat that even Scarlett hasn't achieved up to this day.

Trainwreck2100
08-24-2015, 10:50 PM
Page is far from being a shitty actress imho. When she was only a teenager she got nominated for Oscar, a feat that even Scarlett hasn't achieved up to this day.
The Academy had to do something to help bolster giving an award to a whore ass stripper

Mark Celibate
08-24-2015, 10:59 PM
The Academy had to do something to help bolster giving an award to a whore ass stripper
No need, Jennifer Lawrence has already won an Oscar imho.

Spurminator
08-24-2015, 11:19 PM
We're trying! I'm a libertarian that wants everybody to do what they want and I'm "comfortable" around anybody. I get tired of hearing about problems that could potentially exist despite all evidence contradicting any systemic prejudice

... except a Presidential candidate holding a rally to reinforce the fear that people's faith is under attack because of gay rights. If you're really tired of hearing about it, you're aiming at the wrong targets.

Trainwreck2100
08-25-2015, 12:06 AM
No need, Jennifer Lawrence has already won an Oscar imho.

jlaw ain't a stripper homie

Jacob1983
08-25-2015, 12:20 AM
Ellen Page is a skinny five head lesbo that no one wants to be around. And again, she's from Canada. They love gay people so why is she bitching about a country that she's not even from?

ChumpDumper
08-25-2015, 12:21 AM
Ellen Page is a skinny five head lesbo that no one wants to be around. And again, she's from Canada. They love gay people so why is she bitching about a country that she's not even from?You have taken a great interest in Ellen Page.

Pauly D
08-25-2015, 12:36 AM
... except a Presidential candidate holding a rally to reinforce the fear that people's faith is under attack because of gay rights. If you're really tired of hearing about it, you're aiming at the wrong targets.

They're fucking old people and they'll be dead soon. The others who buy into that specific talking point are rare and still courteous and decent to the people they "fear". Trust me, I'm aiming at the right people.

Pauly D
08-25-2015, 12:37 AM
You have taken a great interest in Ellen Page.

Bringin the goods to the thread once again. The meat and potatoes of the conversation

ChumpDumper
08-25-2015, 12:56 AM
Bringin the goods to the thread once again. The meat and potatoes of the conversationwhat have you added?

You never said.

Jacob1983
08-25-2015, 01:47 AM
Dumper, what's your favorite Ellen Page movie?

Mark Celibate
08-25-2015, 02:12 AM
Ellen Page is poor man's Becky Hammon imho, neither of them has ever had any dick stuck inside their crotches. Page is younger but still Hammon, who is a celibate, wins out.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2015, 08:07 AM
Dumper, what's your favorite Ellen Page movie?Inception. Super was pretty good too.

What's yours?

Jacob1983
08-25-2015, 08:56 AM
I would say Inception even though five head was not needed in the movie. I would have rather seen Scarlett Hohansson or Keira Knightley in that role.

Spurminator
08-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Trust me, I'm aiming at the right people.

Celebrities. Well, keep fighting the good fight, FOX.

Pauly D
08-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Celebrities. Well, keep fighting the good fight, FOX.

I hate fox. You need better ammo, Jon Stewart

Spurminator
08-25-2015, 11:13 AM
I hate fox. You need better ammo, Jon Stewart

Fox appeals to people whose anger reflex is often triggered by celebrity opinions. Maybe you should check it out.

On the other hand, if stuff like this annoys you so much, you should reconsider where you're getting your news from altogether. It's not inescapable. I wouldn't have even known Ellen Page confronted Ted Cruz if not for this thread.

Pauly D
08-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Fox appeals to people whose anger reflex is often triggered by celebrity opinions. Maybe you should check it out.

On the other hand, if stuff like this annoys you so much, you should reconsider where you're getting your news from altogether. It's not inescapable. I wouldn't have even known Ellen Page confronted Ted Cruz if not for this thread.

Her celebrity is secondary. I hate phony victims and SJWs.

You saw it through the same means I did. For me it was 4chan, /tv/ to be specific. It's an ABC News link anyway :lmao

DMC
08-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Two wealthy white people getting media attention for their upcoming stints.