PDA

View Full Version : OT: Larry Bird: Best All Around Player Ever

Spurtacular
08-23-2015, 04:00 AM
Larry Bird: The only player in NBA history to be Top 50 in points, assists, and rebounds.

Also, the first player to shoot 50 FG 40 3FG 90 FT.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/003/794/425/hi-res-8f41f38a67bf49ba55834b45f59c49f3_crop_north.jpg?w= 630&h=420&q=75

TDMVPDPOY
08-23-2015, 05:03 AM
wattabout defense clown?

BD24
08-23-2015, 08:51 AM
wattabout defense clown?

Kool Bob Love
08-23-2015, 09:24 AM
wattabout defense clown?

SpursforSix
08-23-2015, 09:47 AM
Larry Bird - best white player ever

SuperCam
08-23-2015, 09:56 AM
He wouldn't get destroyed by Matt Barnes, that's for sure

DarrinS
08-23-2015, 10:51 AM

Who ever got destroyed by Matt Barnes?

Thread
08-23-2015, 11:02 AM
He permitted Magic in...once in, Magic broke his hole, took his cookie, & left him dead in the ground. It's akin to that Trojan horse thing.

TDMVPDPOY
08-23-2015, 11:42 AM
He permitted Magic in...once in, Magic broke his hole, took his cookie, & left him dead in the ground. It's akin to that Trojan horse thing.

explain the aids clown

disciple
08-23-2015, 11:58 AM
wattabout defense clown?

It simply amazes me how bold some can be without knowledge.

Bird was awarded NBA 2nd team All-Defensive Team three years in a row.

Thread
08-23-2015, 12:00 PM
explain the aids clown

Already have. You were too busy running ragged to read it.

BD24
08-23-2015, 12:03 PM
It simply amazes me how bold some can be without knowledge.

Bird was awarded NBA 2nd team All-Defensive Team three years in a row.
Wow 2nd team? I wish Jordan had a 2nd team all defense award. Oh wait..he has a bunch of first teams and a dpoy.

Fabbs
08-23-2015, 12:17 PM
Wow 2nd team? I wish Jordan had a 2nd team all defense award. Oh wait..he has a bunch of first teams and a dpoy.
Ya that means you were only voted in the top 10 defensive players, not the top 5.
Out of 300+ players, that really sucks. :rolleyes

BD24
08-23-2015, 01:26 PM
Ya that means you were only voted in the top 10 defensive players, not the top 5.
Out of 300+ players, that really sucks. :rolleyes
If you are being called the best of all time you should be a top 5 player on both sides of the ball throughout a long duration of your career. Bird was not. There is a big difference, don't pretend there is not.

Spurtacular
08-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Larry Bird Defense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpEAZMT5t_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Ixy8Uttq0

AlexJones
08-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Who's Larry Bird? HarlemHeat37 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11597)

Fabbs
08-23-2015, 03:01 PM
If you are being called the best of all time you should be a top 5 player on both sides of the ball throughout a long duration of your career. Bird was not. There is a big difference, don't pretend there is not.
I agree he is not top 5 all time both sides.
But then who is?

Mnky
08-23-2015, 04:03 PM

I know you're old enough to actually have seen those games. Magic's teammates could make buckets, Bird's were nowhere near as consistent, but they were tougher mentally and physically. Those were some great series.

If anyone had Magics #, it was Bird. Bird always had to carry a lesser team. Real talk, Parish/McHale vs Kareem down low.. Who you taking 9 out of 10 times? Running with Cooper didn't hurt either.

Thread
08-23-2015, 04:32 PM
I know you're old enough to actually have seen those games. Magic's teammates could make buckets, Bird's were nowhere near as consistent, but they were tougher mentally and physically. Those were some great series.

If anyone had Magics #, it was Bird. Bird always had to carry a lesser team. Real talk, Parish/McHale vs Kareem down low.. Who you taking 9 out of 10 times? Running with Cooper didn't hurt either.

That's a cop out. Magic met him on the square and left him where he found him. The Celtics were always the best until we beat 'em, then they played the injury card, Media holding the banner high. That's pussy. That's chickenshit.

Wilt Chamberlain
08-23-2015, 05:02 PM
LBJ

Mnky
08-23-2015, 05:41 PM
That's a cop out. Magic met him on the square and left him where he found him. The Celtics were always the best until we beat 'em, then they played the injury card, Media holding the banner high. That's pussy. That's chickenshit.

It's a cop out that one team was better than the other? I thought that was the point of your argument? :lol

I wasn't a big fan in the 80s, I thought the Lakers were reigining before the Celtics? Didn't Kareem have 1 before bird or magic came on the scene?

Proxy
08-23-2015, 06:00 PM
It's a cop out that one team was better than the other? I thought that was the point of your argument? :lol

I wasn't a big fan in the 80s, I thought the Lakers were reigining before the Celtics? Didn't Kareem have 1 before bird or magic came on the scene?

with the bucks

Spurtacular
08-23-2015, 06:38 PM

I don't think the Celts teams were worse than the Lakers; better if anything. But the C's had to hoe a much tougher road. The WC playoffs from 80-88 were probably the easiest in the history of the sport. Lakers were rested and waiting for whatever worn down eastern opponent.

m>s
08-23-2015, 07:51 PM
Birds defense was very tenacious, scrappy and underrated.

Thread
08-23-2015, 08:10 PM

& because he was white & a Celtic he was feted & lofted. I can boil this fucker down as well:::

Magic: 5

Bird: 3

Yeah, they thought they was gonna get him 1 there in '00. tee, hee. Uh, uh.

Nope.

Spurtacular
08-23-2015, 08:18 PM

How many players have made a steal to propel their team to a Finals? If it's more than one, the list isn't long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNpJXDPnQTE

Spurtacular
08-23-2015, 08:19 PM
& because he was white & a Celtic he was feted & lofted. I can boil this fucker down as well:::

Magic: 5

Bird: 3

Yeah, they thought they was gonna get him 1 there in '00. tee, hee. Uh, uh.

Nope.

Horry: 7

I guess you know whose joystick you'll be riding tonight.

Thread
08-23-2015, 09:10 PM
Horry: 7

I guess you know whose joystick you'll be riding tonight.

I got no problem with Horry at 7. Without him I'm at 7 & I'm at 15 & 4.

Spurtacular
08-23-2015, 09:20 PM
I got no problem with Horry at 7. Without him I'm at 7 & I'm at 15 & 4.

15 & 4?

Thread
08-23-2015, 09:24 PM
15 & 4?

Yes, 15 & 4.

Kool Bob Love
08-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Yes, 15 & 4.

Meet me on the square MFer.

Spurtacular
08-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Yes, 15 & 4.

Okay, don't explain your numbers. Dafuq if I care.

Thread
08-23-2015, 09:59 PM
Okay, don't explain your numbers. Dafuq if I care.

I shouldn't have to explain it, gd it. Common fuckin' sense. Without Horry I'd only have 15 NBA Ttitles instead of 16 and Kobe would only have 4 instead of 5.

Damn Spurts, use your head for something other than a hat rack.

Spurtacular
08-24-2015, 12:13 AM
I shouldn't have to explain it, gd it. Common fuckin' sense. Without Horry I'd only have 15 NBA Ttitles instead of 16 and Kobe would only have 4 instead of 5.

Damn Spurts, use your head for something other than a hat rack.

I wouldn't have been confused if you knew your sh**.

The Los Angeles Lakers have 11; not 16. The Minnesota Timberwolves have 5 that you're trying to claim.

And if you're trying to say Horry got ya'll the ring in 02; well, he didn't. You can thank Bavetta, Bernhardt and Delaney for that one.

spurraider21
08-24-2015, 01:16 AM
wattabout defense clown?
why is there an assumption that bird was a poor defender?

Spurtacular
08-24-2015, 01:38 AM

It's easier to stereotype than to know knowledge like that Bird is 27th all-time in defensive win shares.

And on a tangent, Pierce is 24th and Kobe is 43rd.

And....

Pierce: 1.4 Stls per 36 min, 0.6 Blks per 36 min
Kobe: 1.4 Stls per 36 min, 0.5 Blks per 36 min

Pierce: ZERO All NBA Defensive Teams
Kobe: 9X All NBA 1st Team Defensive Teams, 3X All NBA 2nd Team Defensive Teams

In case anyone wonders if the award means sh**. It's just a David Stern marketing gimmick.

therealtruth
08-24-2015, 02:00 AM
Who ever got destroyed by Matt Barnes?

It's a reference to Kawhi getting outplayed by Barnes in game 7.

SAGirl
08-24-2015, 02:02 AM
Larry is one of my all time old favorites. He was so clutch, had such a competitive fire, terrific shooting, rebounding, versatile. One of the most creative passers as a forward. Basically, he impacted the game in all aspects. Very exciting to watch because he was unpredictable. If not for his back problems he might have had a longer career. I'd love for another forward like him to come along.

Thread
08-24-2015, 06:48 AM
I wouldn't have been confused if you knew your sh**.

The Los Angeles Lakers have 11; not 16. The Minnesota Timberwolves have 5 that you're trying to claim.

And if you're trying to say Horry got ya'll the ring in 02; well, he didn't. You can thank Bavetta, Bernhardt and Delaney for that one.

Only pussies & assholes play the another city card.

Only pussies & assholes play the officiating card.

Spurtacular
08-24-2015, 07:38 AM
Only pussies & assholes play the another city card.

Only pussies & assholes play the officiating card.

:lol

Desperate for whatever you can get?

I was an LA Rams fan. When the St. Louis Rams won a SB, I didn't say well now we've done it!

Don't let those 'official' statistics fool you. The Sacramento Kings were the real 02 champs. We all know it. Your Los Angeles Lakers have 10. The BOSTON Celtics have 17.

DarrinS
08-24-2015, 08:02 AM
It's a reference to Kawhi getting outplayed by Barnes in game 7.

It was pretty obvious that the strategy was to ignore Matt Barnes in that series. Kawhi spent most of his time chasing Reddick around. Lol, "destroyed".

TDMVPDPOY
08-24-2015, 09:54 AM
talking about birds defense

why didnt he defend the himself from the punches of drj? another bs artists living on some reputation like he played defense just like enrique who didnt even put a hand up to defend himself from a bottle...

Brazil
08-24-2015, 11:51 AM
Larry Bird has a better defense rating than Scottie, Lebron, Jordan, Bowen... since when Bird is a no defense player tbh ? :rolleyes

Brazil
08-24-2015, 11:52 AM

exactly :lol

baseline bum
08-24-2015, 12:10 PM
Even in the 80s Bird was known as a so-so defender. Still, you can make a good argument he is the best forward to ever play the game (though you can make good arguments for Duncan and James too), and he has become criminally underrated while McHale and Parish have become hugely overrated, like they were equal parts of a big 3 in Boston. Bird was one of the most fun players to watch, he could pass like Diaw, shoot like Ray Allen, and hustle like Ginobili, the ultimate classball player.

therealtruth
08-24-2015, 06:16 PM
It was pretty obvious that the strategy was to ignore Matt Barnes in that series. Kawhi spent most of his time chasing Reddick around. Lol, "destroyed".

Barnes dunked and was fouled by him. That caused Pop to pull Kawhi for Beli. Then Barnes knocked him on his but on that last play. As much as I like Kawhi, Barnes clearly got the better of him that game. Is "destroyed" too strong? I don't know but it didn't look that good.

therealtruth
08-24-2015, 06:17 PM
There's individual defense and team defense. It seems like Bird excelled as a team defender. Yet he would probably struggle to stay in front of some of the quicker guys in the league.

Mnky
08-24-2015, 06:53 PM
with the bucks

Did not know that.

lefty
08-24-2015, 07:00 PM

Jordan's D is overrated

:lol played against shitty as SG's

Pippen is actually the one who got to guard the other teams' star perimeter players

K...
08-24-2015, 08:40 PM
Tim Duncan is the best all around player ever tbh. It's cute y'all had a debate. Jordan is also a good candidate but if we look at defense i think you'd go with the top5 all time bigman who defined fundamental basketball in two decades.

Thanks everybody for being a good sport and pretending this was ever a debate.

PS OP is a white supremacist. He is the main guy in the "play jimmer" thread upstairs and supporting a scrub like Jimmer is obv a white sup propaganda manuever.

Thread
08-24-2015, 09:01 PM
Tim Duncan is the best all around player ever tbh. It's cute y'all had a debate. Jordan is also a good candidate but if we look at defense i think you'd go with the top5 all time bigman who defined fundamental basketball in two decades.

PS OP is a white supremacist. He is the main guy in the "play jimmer" thread upstairs and supporting a scrub like Jimmer is obv a white sup propaganda manuever.

Because he brought his home life into a Finals it cost him and the Spurs their 1st 5th. If you think we're forgettin' about that, Lachance, you're wrong. That's big time, baby.

spurraider21
08-24-2015, 09:04 PM
There's individual defense and team defense. It seems like Bird excelled as a team defender. Yet he would probably struggle to stay in front of some of the quicker guys in the league.
you did not watch larry bird play

Spurtacular
08-24-2015, 09:22 PM

National Player Of The Year, Kuck.

BD24
08-24-2015, 10:00 PM

Your right, it isn't a debate. Jordan is clearly the best of all time and I hate the sociopath. Pretty hard to find much fault with his resume. Really have to get nitpicky tbh.

Spurtacular
08-24-2015, 10:49 PM
In no particular order, Duncan, Jordan, Pippen, LBJ, Bird would probably be my top five.

Spurtacular
08-24-2015, 10:51 PM
Your right, it isn't a debate. Jordan is clearly the best of all time and I hate the sociopath. Pretty hard to find much fault with his resume. Really have to get nitpicky tbh.

Yea, if you consider Bird beating Jordan 14X in a row nitpicky. And yes, it's a team game; but what kind of undisputed GOAT loses 14X in a row when you think about it?

HemisfairArena
08-25-2015, 12:50 AM

C'mon, Bread,,,the biggest cop out is abandoning your team because they never win shit(Phoenix Suns),,and latching onto Kobricks cock for dear life like he latched onto Shaq's for a 3 peat,,,it's pussy and chickenshit,,,

Infinite_limit
08-25-2015, 02:33 AM
PS OP is a white supremacist.
Where do I rep OP?

BD24
08-25-2015, 06:29 AM
Yea, if you consider Bird beating Jordan 14X in a row nitpicky. And yes, it's a team game; but what kind of undisputed GOAT loses 14X in a row when you think about it?
Who was jordans second best player during this time? Who was Birds supporting cast? Yea lets just throw out the amount of loses without context.

By the time Jordan got help bird was on the decline.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
08-25-2015, 07:04 AM

Considering how athletic Bird wasn't, shit that is just a testament to how intelligent Bird was as a player. Was always in the top 10/top 5 in steals each season almost every year of his career.

And the Magic Bird comparison, Please the WC was a joke in the 80's. Basically flip the roles it is now. Lakers were the Heat/Cavs of the West, while the Celtics were the Spurs of the loaded East. There is a reason why the Lakers made 9 finals in Magic's career, something they wouldn't have done if they were in the Eastern Conference in the 80's.

Thread
08-25-2015, 08:26 AM
C'mon, Bread,,,the biggest cop out is abandoning your team because they never win shit(Phoenix Suns),,and latching onto Kobricks cock for dear life like he latched onto Shaq's for a 3 peat,,,it's pussy and chickenshit,,,

I never defend my fandom.

It's my religion.

DarrinS
08-25-2015, 02:57 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252088&p=8172661&viewfull=1#post8172661

Stop repeating yourself, faggot. :lol

Spurtacular
08-25-2015, 04:01 PM
Who was jordans second best player during this time? Who was Birds supporting cast? Yea lets just throw out the amount of loses without context.

By the time Jordan got help bird was on the decline.

Bulls were a playoff team, dude.

BD24
08-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Bulls were a playoff team, dude.
Yea, because of Jordan. Thanks for supporting my arguement.

lefty
08-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Yea, because of Jordan. Thanks for supporting my arguement.

In 86, the Bulls clinched a playoff spot with MJ missing most of the regular season.

MJ comes back just in time for the playoffs, wrecks the team chemistry with his Enriquing and the Bulls get swept

Venti Quattro
08-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Even in the 80s Bird was known as a so-so defender. Still, you can make a good argument he is the best forward to ever play the game (though you can make good arguments for Duncan and James too), and he has become criminally underrated while McHale and Parish have become hugely overrated, like they were equal parts of a big 3 in Boston. Bird was one of the most fun players to watch, he could pass like Diaw, shoot like Ray Allen, and hustle like Ginobili, the ultimate classball player.

Plus he's white and he hated the spotlight, so he would be the embodiment of classball

disciple
08-25-2015, 07:56 PM

Nice try at a diversion. Even 2nd team illustrates he was one of the best defenders in the league.

disciple
08-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Your a joke. You have 15?, LOL. How was Minneapolis?

Thread
08-25-2015, 09:10 PM
Your a joke. You have 15?, LOL. How was Minneapolis?

Like shaved pussy.

Spurtacular
12-20-2015, 06:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMJk4DyW8AAUA3T.jpg

Spurtacular
01-23-2016, 04:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ww9qMia8MA

Kawhitstorm
01-23-2016, 05:33 PM
KG was also a better all-around player than Tim but he wasn't a better player.:wakeup

DMC
01-24-2016, 01:37 AM
KG was also a better all-around player than Tim but he wasn't a better player.:wakeup

lol that's some shitty logic right there. Better all around is all around better.

spurraider21
01-24-2016, 06:17 AM

lol that's some shitty logic right there. Better all around is all around better.
indeed. perhaps "more versatile" is a better description than "better all around" in some of these cases

Kawhitstorm
01-24-2016, 01:36 PM

No it's isn't. Iggy is a better all-around player (more versatile) than Curry but Curry is elite at his craft.

Spurtacular
01-24-2016, 02:51 PM

An interesting thought. Of course, KG may have been better than Duncan many years. I know Spurs fans don't want to admit that. Except, Duncan was a better big game player.

Kawhitstorm
01-24-2016, 03:09 PM
An interesting thought. Of course, KG may have been better than Duncan many years. I know Spurs fans don't want to admit that. Except, Duncan was a better big game player.

You could say the same for Admiral (KG) & Hakeem (Tim).

SpursforSix
01-24-2016, 05:09 PM
You could say the same for Admiral (KG) & Hakeem (Tim).

I'm not sure I get that analogy. DRob was great but Hakeem was better any way you sliced it.

HarlemHeat37
01-24-2016, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure I get that analogy. DRob was great but Hakeem was better any way you sliced it.

Not during the regular season, tbh..

ambchang
01-24-2016, 07:10 PM

Yeah, with a bunch of three point shooters opening up the lane instead of having a point guard who's greatest accomplishment was making a wide opened 15 foot jump shot. Who was a third string point guard for Hakeem. Who is a PG who made 1 three pointer in his entire playoff career.

You know what happened when Hakeem wasn't surrounded by three point shooters and having an entire system built around him? He was missing playoffs and getting bounced. Not winning 50 plus games with Avery Johnson and Ginny deal negro next to him.

Phillip
01-24-2016, 09:32 PM
Hakeem > Robinson

Fact.

DAF86
01-24-2016, 10:18 PM
Bird was trully great. I don't get this new shit some folks are trying to establish about him being overrated or a product of his era. Bird is a great versatile player that would have beasted on any era. Magic (a guy that couldn't shot and didn't defend) is a better player to try and pull that troll attempt, tbh.

Spurtacular
01-24-2016, 10:27 PM
Bird is a great versatile player that would have beasted on any era. Magic (a guy that couldn't shot and didn't defend) is a better player to try and pull that troll attempt, tbh.

Agreed. Though, Magic is arguably the best transition offense player of all-time.

HemisfairArena
01-24-2016, 10:34 PM
Bird is a great player but I wouldn't put him top 5,,,,I would put Duncan in there ahead of him. Duncan has him beat in every category but regular season MVP's. Duncan has more titles, Finals MVP's, points, rebounds, 1st team all nba,,,,,

Spurtacular
01-24-2016, 10:35 PM
I don't get this new shit some folks are trying to establish about him being overrated or a product of his era.

White guilt / derivatives or anti-derivatives thereof, tbh.

Spurtacular
01-24-2016, 10:37 PM
Bird is a great player but I wouldn't put him top 5,,,,I would put Duncan in there ahead of him. Duncan has him beat in every category but regular season MVP's. Duncan has more titles, Finals MVP's, points, rebounds, 1st team all nba,,,,,

If you're trying to argue that Duncan accomplished more, then fair enough. But accolades don't always tell the story. Bird basically dominated 'til injuries hit.

HemisfairArena
01-24-2016, 10:44 PM
If you're trying to argue that Duncan accomplished more, then fair enough. But accolades don't always tell the story. Bird basically dominated 'til injuries hit.

Duncan dominated as well,,,he's not considered the best PF of all time for no reason,,,,

TDfan2007
01-24-2016, 11:03 PM

Uh, no. He was the more versatile player, but definitely not better all around.

Spurtacular
01-24-2016, 11:11 PM
Duncan dominated as well,,,he's not considered the best PF of all time for no reason,,,,

Apples and Oranges at best, tbh.

HemisfairArena
01-24-2016, 11:28 PM
Apples and Oranges at best, tbh.

How so?,,,

Spurtacular
01-25-2016, 12:29 AM
How so?,,,

You can't say that prime vs. prime, Duncan dominated more. You could make a case he's in Bird's stratosphere.

HemisfairArena
01-25-2016, 12:37 AM
You can't say that prime vs. prime, Duncan dominated more. You could make a case he's in Bird's stratosphere.

Absolutely I can,,,I still waiting for you to make a fact and prove it,,,,,

Spurtacular
01-25-2016, 01:25 AM
Absolutely I can,,,I still waiting for you to make a fact and prove it,,,,,

I respect Duncan. Like I say, perhaps he's in Bird's stratosphere. But I haven't seen you point to anything to say he's better than Bird, prime vs. prime.

HemisfairArena
01-25-2016, 01:28 AM
Still waiting for you,,,I pointed out how he is better than Bird,,,he has more titles, Finals MVP's, points, rebounds, first team nba,,,,you want to make these silly apples and oranges claims but cant back it up. Let me hear your argument,,,otherwise you are a joke,,,,

Spurtacular
01-25-2016, 01:51 AM
Still waiting for you,,,I pointed out how he is better than Bird,,,he has more titles, Finals MVP's, points, rebounds, first team nba,,,,you want to make these silly apples and oranges claims but cant back it up. Let me hear your argument,,,otherwise you are a joke,,,,

You pointed to the fact that he has arguably more career accolades. We were talking prime vs. prime; and you've made no such argument in that regard. The "joke" is that you can't keep track of fundamental realities in the middle of a debate.

Spurtacular
09-25-2016, 02:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI7wHPQE6d4

lefty
09-25-2016, 08:39 PM
Larry shits on MJ tbh

Spurtacular
09-25-2016, 08:42 PM
Larry shits on MJ tbh

TBQFH.

djohn2oo8
09-25-2016, 09:29 PM
Yall are gonna fuck around and cause that neggeh Harlem to have a coronary.

TheGreatYacht
09-26-2016, 12:43 PM
Bird was white. Therefore that puts him out of the Top 50

Edit: gotta make it blue font just in case some genius thinks I'm serious

lefty
09-26-2016, 01:07 PM
What if he was mexican tbh?

TheGreatYacht
09-26-2016, 03:53 PM
What if he was mexican tbh?
Top 2. Right next to MVParker

Spurtacular
09-27-2016, 11:18 PM

Edit: gotta make it blue font just in case some genius thinks I'm serious

Magic and Kareem might as well have been white; it's not like they were that athletic.

Spurtacular
07-23-2020, 03:50 PM
1:24:02 Bird knocked down. Okay. I'm just gonna grab you by the nuts and help myself up. :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxPdKPVpF9g

FrostKing
07-23-2020, 03:58 PM
Top 3 GOAT

Dirks_Finale
07-24-2020, 07:29 AM
Would have loved to hear all the shit he was talking during that sequence :lol

1:24:02 Bird knocked down. Okay. I'm just gonna grab you by the nuts and help myself up. :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxPdKPVpF9g

lefty
07-24-2020, 09:37 AM
There are a lot of great Bird stories

The one that made me chcuckle is the Clyde Drexler one

:lol Bird was such a troll

The Rodman trash talk was pretty funny too

Spurtacular
07-28-2020, 08:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9DGVMu6O0A

lefty
07-28-2020, 10:13 PM
Too lazy to embed but holy shit :worthy:

https://youtu.be/OEMbEanJdXc

Spurtacular
07-29-2020, 03:44 PM
:worthy:

https://youtu.be/OEMbEanJdXc

Mo Cheeks, Cornbread Maxwell, others have called 81 ECF the best series ever.

Spurtacular
07-30-2020, 03:11 AM
lefty (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896)

C's missed Tiny in this series. Still should've won.
F'ing Lakers got a free pass to the Finals for the entire 80's.
Earvin's ring count is a fraud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILmINzzp1WE

Spurtacular
07-30-2020, 03:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SbzmUW_Dig

lefty
07-30-2020, 06:53 AM
lefty (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896)

C's missed Tiny in this series. Still should've won.
F'ing Lakers got a free pass to the Finals for the entire 80's.
Earvin's ring count is a fraud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILmINzzp1WE

Tragic’s Lakers have the most *
tbh

Spurtacular
07-30-2020, 07:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqpJwJKNRi4

Spurtacular
08-02-2020, 02:45 AM
Stockton probably the closest all-around player to Bird. Duncan after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co5Cxt8u2Xg

Killakobe81
08-09-2020, 01:30 AM
Stockton probably the closest all-around player to Bird. Duncan after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co5Cxt8u2Xg

Luka may be better than both some day ...and he aint the GOAT either...

Spurtacular
08-09-2020, 01:44 AM
Luka may be better than both some day ...and he aint the GOAT either...

Luka's a product of the pussification of the NBA, tbh.

JamStone
08-10-2020, 08:28 AM
The NBA may be soft. But no other young highly touted draft pick in recent years is doing what Luka has done by his second season in the league. Not Simmons, not Tatum, not Ingram, not Trae, not Wiggins, certainly not Lonzo, and Zion and Ja aren’t going to do that next season. 29/9/9 and it’s not stat padding on a bad team. The team actually needs him to produce like that to win. A pussified NBA or not, what Luka is doing is historic. It’s the type of production Russ and Harden put up after 8, 9 years in the league. The only historical comparables are Oscar, LeBron. Not even Magic or Larry. And when you compare second seasons, realize Oscar and LeBron were playing 42+ minutes a game in their seasons, while Luka is doing this in just under 34 minutes a game.

Luka has a long way to go to be legitimately mentioned with some of the all time greats. But if we go by what he’s done to this point, at his age and by his second season in the league, the only worthy comparisons are Oscar and LeBron. And that’s saying a lot about his potential career trajectory, pussified NBA or not.

lefty
08-10-2020, 10:14 AM
IDK why people compare Luka to Bird

Jokic is actually the one who reminds me of Larry

Neo.
08-10-2020, 12:35 PM
IDK why people compare Luka to Bird

Jokic is actually the one who reminds me of Larry

fearless aggression

vision/passing skill

ability to hit difficult shots or finish with contact

good use of body/angles to get separation against more athletic players

touch around the rim

timing on rebounds

theres definitely a lot of similarities. if luka would use his post-up game more often then it would be even closer.

lefty
08-10-2020, 12:37 PM
fearless aggression

vision/passing skill

ability to hit difficult shots or finish with contact

good use of body/angles to get separation against more athletic players

touch around the rim

timing on rebounds

theres definitely a lot of similarities. if luka would use his post-up game more often then it would be even closer.
In term of passing, look again, Jokic's passing is much closer to Bird's than Luka's

Neo.
08-10-2020, 12:44 PM
In term of passing, look again, Jokic's passing is much closer to Bird's than Luka's

yes because he works out of the post much more than luka, which is more similar to bird

i wasnt disagreeing that jokic arguably is more similar to bird than luka

but to say "IDK why people compare Luka to Bird", i think theres plenty of similarities between them that its a pretty solid comparison (aside from being white lol)

tbh, i feel luka reminds me mostly of manu and harden right now. but later in his career, we may look at him being more similar to bird as he will likely have to convert to using his post-up skills much more.

lefty
08-10-2020, 01:15 PM
yes because he works out of the post much more than luka, which is more similar to bird

i wasnt disagreeing that jokic arguably is more similar to bird than luka

but to say "IDK why people compare Luka to Bird", i think theres plenty of similarities between them that its a pretty solid comparison (aside from being white lol)

tbh, i feel luka reminds me mostly of manu and harden right now. but later in his career, we may look at him being more similar to bird as he will likely have to convert to using his post-up skills much more.
ah ok ok
good point

pgardn
08-10-2020, 01:17 PM
Magic and its not even close.

Bird playing Center and scoring 40+ in a playoff and playing D?

No fckn way.

Bird playing point?

Magic playing forward... Yes.

End of discussion and I despise the Lakers.

lefty
08-10-2020, 01:29 PM
Magic and its not even close.

Bird playing Center and scoring 40+ in a playoff and playing D?

No fckn way.

Bird playing point?

Magic playing forward... Yes.

End of discussion and I despise the Lakers.
So Magic with a jump shot

For the record, Magic started at the C, he didn't play C the whole game, that myth needs to die
And when did Earvin play D? :lol

And despite not playing PG, Bird was still a better passer than Magic

David Hogg
08-10-2020, 01:33 PM
Luka is definitely more comparable to Harden/Manu than Bird. He has Manu’s creativity and Harden’s strength & handle. Better passing vision than either tbh. Too bad he doesn’t have either of their outside shooting yet :lol

Killakobe81
08-10-2020, 07:22 PM
The NBA may be soft. But no other young highly touted draft pick in recent years is doing what Luka has done by his second season in the league. Not Simmons, not Tatum, not Ingram, not Trae, not Wiggins, certainly not Lonzo, and Zion and Ja aren’t going to do that next season. 29/9/9 and it’s not stat padding on a bad team. The team actually needs him to produce like that to win. A pussified NBA or not, what Luka is doing is historic. It’s the type of production Russ and Harden put up after 8, 9 years in the league. The only historical comparables are Oscar, LeBron. Not even Magic or Larry. And when you compare second seasons, realize Oscar and LeBron were playing 42+ minutes a game in their seasons, while Luka is doing this in just under 34 minutes a game.

Luka has a long way to go to be legitimately mentioned with some of the all time greats. But if we go by what he’s done to this point, at his age and by his second season in the league, the only worthy comparisons are Oscar and LeBron. And that’s saying a lot about his potential career trajectory, pussified NBA or not.

All of this ...100%.
magic and Bird may have reached greater heights especoally in his rookie Finals game 6. Bird won MVP early ...but Luka doing historic numbers.

pgardn
08-10-2020, 09:14 PM
So Magic with a jump shot

For the record, Magic started at the C, he didn't play C the whole game, that myth needs to die
And when did Earvin play D? :lol

And despite not playing PG, Bird was still a better passer than Magic

He played C most of the game and baby hooked the hell out of the sixers.
And he played D down low which he was good at.

Magic learned to hit the 3 and was it was a weapon.
No comparison.

Magic could really play ANY position.

lefty
08-10-2020, 10:24 PM
He played C most of the game and baby hooked the hell out of the sixers.
And he played D down low which he was good at.

Magic learned to hit the 3 and was it was a weapon.
No comparison.

Magic could really play ANY position.
:lol no he didn’t play center the whole game stop

and imagine Magic playing 48 minutes against Moses Malone or Hakeem :lol

Spurtacular
08-24-2020, 10:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ljZqKGqhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep-Edq2W4Us

lefty
08-25-2020, 12:07 AM
so much GOATness :cry

swrowe78
08-25-2020, 02:28 AM
I remember him choking in 1985 and 1987 finals. Wasn't even the best player on his team in the 1985 finals. GOAT my ass

lefty
08-25-2020, 06:51 AM
I remember him choking in 1985 and 1987 finals. Wasn't even the best player on his team in the 1985 finals. GOAT my ass

Tragic and Duncan choked

Spurtacular
08-25-2020, 11:39 AM
Tragic and Duncan choked

Bird played with a bad elbow in 85 / Stern stealing Game 5 out of Boston midseason.

In 87 it took a bad out of bounds call to set up that hook shot winner.

Bird really should've been 3-0 against Tragic all things being equal.

lefty
08-25-2020, 12:31 PM
Bird played with a bad elbow in 85 / Stern stealing Game 5 out of Boston midseason.

True true

Killakobe81
08-25-2020, 05:23 PM

Excuse making ...thought Spur fan was better than sounds like Blazers or Suns fan tbh

Spurtacular
09-06-2020, 11:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoXOAs4Gz5A

lefty
09-07-2020, 12:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoXOAs4Gz5A

Larry GOAT just GOAT’ing as usual

Spurtacular
09-07-2020, 09:12 AM
Larry GOAT just GOAT’ing as usual

The high five at the end was an epic trolling.

lefty
09-07-2020, 09:35 AM
The high five at the end was an epic trolling.

Bird was the got trash talker

And also an epic troll, just ask Drexler :lol

Dirks_Finale
09-07-2020, 09:48 AM
That passing ability, though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baBdnA7cui0

lefty
09-07-2020, 10:41 AM
That passing ability, though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baBdnA7cui0

Jokic says his idol is Magic but his passing closer to Bird’s tbh

Spurtacular
09-07-2020, 11:13 AM

He should've idolized Bird. He might be a more clutch shooter.

Dirks_Finale
09-07-2020, 11:42 AM

Agreed. Honestly looks like he has been watching Larry Bird film tbh