PDA

View Full Version : IPOD Mini

SequSpur
09-14-2005, 09:07 PM
WTF is wrong with my daughter's IPOD Mini??????????????

The got damn thing is locked up with some sad face and an exclamation point or some crap like that.

I called Apple and they said to go to an Apple Store.

No shit?

Why not Circuit City where I got the mofo?

How do you fix that sheyitt?

:pctoss

Ginofan
09-14-2005, 09:09 PM
I've never heard of that happening before...but isn't there an apple store in the new La Cantera shopping center?

Have you tried resetting it and reinstalling it's software?

spurs=bling
09-14-2005, 09:11 PM
that has not happend to mine

Zombie
09-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Get a hammer, that'll get rid of that sad face.

spurs=bling
09-14-2005, 09:14 PM
:lol

SequSpur
09-14-2005, 09:14 PM

Great Idea!

Well, from what I heard from the Apple Tech is that its pretty common and unfixable, so we are going to have to exchange it.

spurs=bling
09-14-2005, 09:20 PM
don't tell me that.

duncan_21
09-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Should be called the horseapple mini. :lol

NZHayden
09-14-2005, 10:02 PM
i pods suck, well mine does cause i got drunk and put it in the wash for some reason, it still works as a usb disc though

Vashner
09-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Maybe the battery is bad... or it failed it's POST test (power on self test)...

spurs=bling
09-14-2005, 10:04 PM
, i got drunk and put it in the wash for some reason, it still works as a usb disc though
:nope :wow :rollin :huh

MannyIsGod
09-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Man, I'm torn between getting a Nano or getting a just waiting and getting a regular Ipod.

I'll probably end up getting neither.

Vashner
09-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Creative Labs just won a major court case on mp3 players.. look for some stuff from them soon..

TheWriter
09-14-2005, 10:17 PM
My MP3 player:

http://pocketcalculatorshow.com/walkman/aiwa/graphics/hs-p06.jpg

SequSpur
09-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Man, I'm torn between getting a Nano or getting a just waiting and getting a regular Ipod.

I'll probably end up getting neither.

Dude.

My daughter has the mini with the FM modulater thingy and it fuckin rocks.

The only problem is the mofo doesn't work now.

:cuss

Ginofan
09-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Get the regular one, Manny. It doesn't look like they are promoting the mini anymore (can't find it on Apple's site) they might stop making it.

spurs=bling
09-14-2005, 10:29 PM
My MP3 player:

http://pocketcalculatorshow.com/walkman/aiwa/graphics/hs-p06.jpg

spurs=bling
09-14-2005, 10:31 PM
http://scd.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/347257349
this is mine

http://scd.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/4755624

i used to have one of these but it fell and broke. ^

MannyIsGod
09-14-2005, 10:35 PM
The Nano seems pretty bad ass. It's Apples new replacement for the Mini. But for a 100 bucks more I can get a 20g Ipod, so why even fuck with a 2gb Nano? But then again, that is a 100 bucks.

T Park
09-15-2005, 12:42 AM
isnt the nano almost as thick as like 4 credit cards stacked on top of each other?

Im a sap, I have napster, and bought the YP 10 Samsung.

midgetonadonkey
09-15-2005, 12:47 AM
I got a 20 GB Dell Music Jukebox for $219. It is the greatest thing I have ever bought. I have 1800 songs on there at 192 kb and still have 7 GB left.

Vashner
09-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Bling yours is pink?

T Park
09-15-2005, 02:04 AM
I have 1800 songs on there

damn music junkie.

I dont think ive heard 1800 songs in my life!

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-15-2005, 03:52 AM
I got my Dell Pocket DJ for free when I re-upped my apartment lease, which I was going to do anyway.

I like it.

SpursWoman
09-15-2005, 06:00 AM
Bling yours is pink?

So was the one I unloaded to some sucker on ebay for just about what I paid for it. I hated that stupid thing.

:fro

NZHayden
09-15-2005, 06:44 AM
i just saw a commercial for one of those nano's they look f**ken mean

2Blonde
09-15-2005, 12:54 PM
So what's the diference between the Nano, the Mini & the Shuffle?

MannyIsGod
09-15-2005, 12:57 PM
damn music junkie.

I dont think ive heard 1800 songs in my life!
I know Jess and I both have more than that on each of our computers.

MannyIsGod
09-15-2005, 12:57 PM
The Shuffle sucks, The Mini is ok, and the Nano is better than the mini.

2Blonde
09-15-2005, 01:02 PM
Oh that really clears it up.

SpursWoman
09-15-2005, 01:07 PM
They all still have that shitty controller, though. :fro :lol

Ginofan
09-15-2005, 01:13 PM

Nano (basically replacing the Mini) super small (about a quarter of an inch thick) available in the 2gig (about 500 songs) or the 4gig (about 1000 songs) models. Color screen, able to hold photos, slideshows, world clock, screen lock feature. USB 2.0 only no firewire. 14 hour continuous play battery. None of the accessories for the iPod or iPod mini will work with this one just yet.$199 - $249

Mini, smaller than a regular iPod. Available in 2gig, 4gig, and I believe 6gig models. Monochrome screen, USB & Firewire capable. Most of the regular iPod accessories will work with the Mini. 18 hours continuous play battery. $149 - $249

Shuffle, 512MB (120 songs) and 1 gig (240 songs) models available. No display, small (about 78 oz). 12 hour continuous play battery. $99 - $129

FromWayDowntown
09-15-2005, 01:15 PM
I have a 40GB iPod and haven't had any problems with it at all. I have something like 1800 songs on mine and haven't used 20% of its memory. When I've taken trips, I've loaded books on tape onto the thing and have my choice of a book or music. It's been just great for me.

I don't really understand the point of the nano. I've never run into a situation where my iPod was too big or burdensome to carry around. I'd much rather pay a bit more to have more memory than cut my price in half and cut the memory by something like 10 times.

MannyIsGod
09-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Well, I think the Nano is marketing and pricing genius. Its a more affordable Ipod, but it is just enough to make you consider getting an Ipod as well (because for 100 bucks more you get 16 more gigs).

Apple's marketing department is brilliant with the Ipods and how they price and market them.

Ginofan
09-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Well, I think the Nano is marketing and pricing genius. Its a more affordable Ipod, but it is just enough to make you consider getting an Ipod as well (because for 100 bucks more you get 16 more gigs).

Apple's marketing department is brilliant with the Ipods and how they price and market them.

Actually it's just 50 bucks more for 16 more gigs. The 20gig regular iPod is $299 on Apple.com. I think the Nano is great with how small and seemingly durable it is (based on that article you showed me). The only things I don't like about it are the in ability to use iPod accessories, there's no hook up like on the regular iPod where you can view your photos on a TV, and it not being firewire capable. Not that I use firewire but it would suck for those users who do, why make an apple product that doesn't use firewire???

Kori Ellis
09-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Okay, maybe I'm stupid but do you guys just buy iPods etc to be trendy? Or do you actually use them on a regular basis? Where do you go that you actually need to use it? If your home, don't you listen to music on your stereo or computer? If you are in the car, then on your sound sytem? Where do you even use your iPod (other than maybe working out)?

I just don't get the mass appeal.

Ginofan
09-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Okay, maybe I'm stupid but do you guys just buy iPods etc to be trendy? Or do you actually use them on a regular basis? Where do you go that you actually need to use it? If your home, don't you listen to music on your stereo or computer? If you are in the car, then on your sound sytem? Where do you even use your iPod (other than maybe working out)?

I take mine pretty much everywhere. In the car i have a hook up to listen to it through the radio. I take it to work and hook it up to the computer speakers, and I take it on my nightly walks in the neighborhood. Not to mention when we go on trips and stuff, it's worth it to me to not have to burn CDs and then lug a huge case around.

Kori Ellis
09-15-2005, 03:10 PM
I take mine pretty much everywhere. In the car i have a hook up to listen to it through the radio. I take it to work and hook it up to the computer speakers, and I take it on my nightly walks in the neighborhood. Not to mention when we go on trips and stuff, it's worth it to me to not have to burn CDs and then lug a huge case around.

Interesting.

I understand on trips, and when working out. But I doubt most people use them on a daily basis. Maybe I'm wrong.

MannyIsGod
09-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Interesting.

I understand on trips, and when working out. But I doubt most people use them on a daily basis. Maybe I'm wrong.
Everyone I know who has one uses it all the time. I think its easier having all of your music in one location and just having to use that instead of accessing all the cds. Our mp3s on the computer are there, but you can hook up an Ipod to a regular stereo which is a big advantage.

But I know I'd use it all the time if I ever get one. It would retire my discman which gets hours of use each day.

Kori Ellis
09-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Everyone I know who has one uses it all the time.

Everyone I know who has one, it sits in their luggage waiting for next time they go on a trip. :lol

MannyIsGod
09-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Everyone I know who has one, it sits in their luggage waiting for next time they go on a trip. :lol
Seems like such a waste of money to me. I like the idea of having my entire music collection in the palm of my hand. Thats probably why the mini never appealed to me and the regular Ipods do.

Kori Ellis
09-15-2005, 03:40 PM
I know that I would never use one; that's why I don't buy one. We listen to music all day, every day at home. But we have 1000's and 1000's of mp3's on our computers. So we just listen to those. In the car, we don't listen to music much -- we talk to each other.

spurs=bling
09-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Bling yours is pink?
yes :spin

spurs=bling
09-15-2005, 04:37 PM
i use mine at school, wait i should not be saying that.

ducks
09-15-2005, 04:50 PM
a ipod is nice because you can play it on your car steroe and not have the hot sun melt it.
the only problem is you should take the ipod in side a store instead of getting VERY hot in the car

I think more people get the ipods because their peers have one

mookie2001
09-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Nick Cannon has one

spurs=bling
09-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Nick Cannon has one
like i give a rats ass if he has one.

mookie2001
09-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Roflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl

spurs=bling
09-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Roflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl
:sleep :sleep :sleep

sickdsm
09-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Been thinking of getting my GF one for her birthday but i was wondering how many people get their music legally?

I don't really listen to music much anymore and if i do the radio's usually fine for me but how safe is downloading now? I haven't burned jacked MP3's in over a year now. Does everybody shut off sharing and just get the MP3's they want?

I can't see me shelling out that much if the only thing thats safe to put on there is her CD collection.

SequSpur
09-15-2005, 08:07 PM

Exactly. I don't understand why I paid >$200 for an overpriced walkman.

:pctoss

Useruser666
09-15-2005, 09:23 PM
If you only use the thing for music, or need one that's really tough, has tons of battery life......

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/7221/7221767_ra.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7221767&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat63100050013&id=1114639462445

Nbadan
09-16-2005, 03:24 AM
Ipods are great because they play almost every kind of unprotected music format, except WMF files, and it plays them very well if you invest in priceier ear buds. The ITunes software allows for easy purchase of songs from Itunes online, plus also allows for easy transferability to your mobile player. With an IPOD you can also Podcast, with a inexpensive add-on you can podcast to your car or home stereo or to other IPODs. Fashionable? yes, but they became the industry standard because they are good.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-16-2005, 03:29 AM
I'm in Kori's camp.

I rarely listen to my Dell DJ. I have the FM hookup so I can listen to it on my drives to SA/San Marcos/Austin, but that's mainly it.

It's rare that I will use it, even when I'm walking or taking the bus to class. I just don't have the want to hook the damn thing up all the time. I thought I could do it at work, but I just can't. I'm usually answering a phone or looking over pages or something.

SpursWoman
09-16-2005, 06:05 AM
Ipods are great because they play almost every kind of unprotected music format, except WMF files, and it plays them very well if you invest in priceier ear buds. The ITunes software allows for easy purchase of songs from Itunes online, plus also allows for easy transferability to your mobile player. With an IPOD you can also Podcast, with a inexpensive add-on you can podcast to your car or home stereo or to other IPODs. Fashionable? yes, but they became the industry standard because they are good.

But once you buy a song from iTunes, it's not "yours"...you can only transfer it to your iPod, or burn it a limited number of times on a CD. I wanted to put some songs I purchased from iTunes on my cell phone but couldn't. That's one of the reasons why I ditched it....I was mad. :)

And I still hate the control. :lol

Useruser666
09-16-2005, 07:38 AM
I'm in Kori's camp.

I rarely listen to my Dell DJ. I have the FM hookup so I can listen to it on my drives to SA/San Marcos/Austin, but that's mainly it.

It's rare that I will use it, even when I'm walking or taking the bus to class. I just don't have the want to hook the damn thing up all the time. I thought I could do it at work, but I just can't. I'm usually answering a phone or looking over pages or something.

The player I posted has FM built in, runs 45 hours on a single AA battery, and is tough as nails.

duncan_21
09-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Been thinking of getting my GF one for her birthday but i was wondering how many people get their music legally?

I don't really listen to music much anymore and if i do the radio's usually fine for me but how safe is downloading now? I haven't burned jacked MP3's in over a year now. Does everybody shut off sharing and just get the MP3's they want?

I can't see me shelling out that much if the only thing thats safe to put on there is her CD collection.

I go to www.allofmp3.com. I don't trust peer to peer or bittorrent. You can get a song at any quality or any format for 192kbps an average song is about 15 cents. For about $30 I got about all the newer music I've been wanting to get. It's illegal for them to sell music, I'm just not sure it's illegal to download the music as long as you don't copy your purchased files and give them to someone else.

duncan_21
09-16-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm also thinking about getting a regular ipod and hooking it up to an aux in on a new car stereo. Just don't know if I want to get a new car stereo AND a new ipod.

It would be cool to have all my music in one spot.

MannyIsGod
09-16-2005, 10:24 AM
I don't think MP3 players are for everyone. Some people won't use them. But considering how much I use my discman, and how many times I don't have a cd I want to listen to with me, I'm sure I'd love an Ipod.

pseudofan
09-16-2005, 03:06 PM
I am in possession of a new ipod! They couldn't fix hers (that she just got in May, BTW)at the Apple Store. My daughter will be thrilled! But it came at a high price.....

Opening day at The Shops at La Cantera :spin

It was the most horrible experience ever! I never want to go back... :oops I know... I know.... It shames me as a woman to have to say that, but it's true :depressed

SHE OWES ME! SEQU TOO! THEY BOTH MADE ME GO......

Kori Ellis
09-16-2005, 03:17 PM
It was the most horrible experience ever! I never want to go back... I know... I know.... It shames me as a woman to have to say that, but it's true

What!?! Why was it so horrible? Just the crowd?

pseudofan
09-16-2005, 04:02 PM
The crowd, the parking (or lack of), the people (rude)....

The place is absolutely gorgeous! It is beautiful. I am so sad that I never want to go there again

Kori Ellis
09-16-2005, 04:09 PM
The crowd, the parking (or lack of), the people (rude)....

The place is absolutely gorgeous! It is beautiful. I am so sad that I never want to go there again

Oh, you'll want to go again.

Let the shock wear off.

I'll go when it's not so crowded. And then I'll come home and tell you fairytales of Coach purses on discount and Manolo Blahnik shoes at cost. Your eyes will light up and we'll be on our way to find shiny things at Tiffany.

MannyIsGod
09-16-2005, 04:49 PM
You don't need an Ipod to hear the sound of CHA CHING.

Duff McCartney
09-16-2005, 05:19 PM
I want to buy an ipod 60 GB one. I never realized how quickly I'd fill up my stuff. I even stopped downloading stuff because I filled up my entire D drive which is 45 GB. I have to wait to get my ipod so I can transfer the songs all the way to there and then download some more.

SequSpur
09-16-2005, 05:28 PM
I am in possession of a new ipod! They couldn't fix hers (that she just got in May, BTW)at the Apple Store. My daughter will be thrilled! But it came at a high price.....

Opening day at The Shops at La Cantera :spin

It was the most horrible experience ever! I never want to go back... :oops I know... I know.... It shames me as a woman to have to say that, but it's true :depressed

SHE OWES ME! SEQU TOO! THEY BOTH MADE ME GO......

So do you want me to stop at Baskin Robbins on the way home?

:oops

pseudofan
09-16-2005, 05:31 PM
:) :) :) :angel

you know the way to my heart honey! :elephant :elephant

BIG :makeout

spurs=bling
09-16-2005, 05:58 PM
i can't use mine at school any more :depressed , they found out i would take it.

Horry For 3!
09-16-2005, 06:02 PM
I don't have a IPOD, I don't think I want one either...

spurs=bling
09-16-2005, 06:02 PM
I don't have a IPOD, I don't think I want one either...

WHY??

Horry For 3!
09-16-2005, 06:08 PM
WHY??
Because I have a cd player if I want to listen to music...

spurs=bling
09-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Because I have a cd player if I want to listen to music...
okay, but they only bad thing about a cd player is that the music will skip,and you can't put it in your pocket.

Horry For 3!
09-16-2005, 06:13 PM
okay, but they only bad thing about a cd player is that the music will skip,and you can't put it in your pocket.
My music never skips and I can put it in my pocket :smokin

spurs=bling
09-16-2005, 06:14 PM
My music never skips and I can put it in my pocket :smokin
well how big is your pocket??

Horry For 3!
09-16-2005, 06:17 PM
well how big is your pocket??
I don't know, its a pocket

spurs=bling
09-16-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't know, its a pocket