PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Ok Time 2 Start Talking Basketball Lakers Hire Jerry West's Son As Personnel Director

Koolaid_Man
08-24-2015, 06:14 AM
Lakers promote Ryan West to director of player personnel

The best thing they've done in years and its been paying off. His dad netted us Kobe with the 13th pick and now Ryan netted us Jordan Clarkson with the 46th pick.

West, formerly the team's assistant director of scouting, started as a scout for the team in 2009. He also worked as a scout for the Memphis Grizzlies for almost eight years.

A team spokesman confirmed West's change in title, although an official announcement won't be made until September.

Along with Jesse Buss, the Lakers' director of scouting, West was a driving force in the draft-day trade with the Washington Wizards for guard Jordan Clarkson.

The Lakers sent $1.8 million to the Wizards for the 46th overall pick in the 2014 draft. Clarkson proved to be one of the top players in his class, named to the all-rookie first team by the NBA.

West is the son of Lakers legend Jerry West, who won a title with the franchise in 1972. Jerry West was the general manager who in 1996 orchestrated the pairing of Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant.

DMC
08-24-2015, 06:16 AM
I think Kelly Clarkson would be a better fit for that group of sissies.

Koolaid_Man
08-24-2015, 06:23 AM
I think Kelly Clarkson would be a better fit for that group of sissies.

I thought you wanted to talk basketball? i thought yall complained I trolled too much..lets raise the bar together DMC. Dont be discouraging..help me bro..work with me to raise the bar....

RGMCSE
08-24-2015, 10:04 AM
I thought you wanted to talk basketball? i thought yall complained I trolled too much..lets raise the bar together DMC. Dont be discouraging..help me bro..work with me to raise the bar....

Ok what do you honestly think this guy brings to the table other than his daddy's name? You ever here the story of west sr growing up getting beat by his daddeh. That fucker had to be great. His life depended on it. Jr may just be a spoiled spoon fed tike. We'll see.

ambchang
08-24-2015, 10:29 AM
I am not that confident of sons of Lakers legends.

Dr Buss's kids - total failures
Magic's kid - Maybe a success from a social progress perspective, and maybe the goal of KAM's life, but from a basketball perspective?
Kareem's kid - reddit star, but doesn't even like basketball
AC Green's kid - does he have kids?
Wilt's kids - 20K women and not ONE single kid? And before contraception was the norm? You put 2 and 2 together on this.

Koolaid_Man
08-24-2015, 02:19 PM
I am not that confident of sons of Lakers legends.

Dr Buss's kids - total failures
Magic's kid - Maybe a success from a social progress perspective, and maybe the goal of KAM's life, but from a basketball perspective?
Kareem's kid - reddit star, but doesn't even like basketball
AC Green's kid - does he have kids?
Wilt's kids - 20K women and not ONE single kid? And before contraception was the norm? You put 2 and 2 together on this.

I thought you were interested in talking basketball...sounds like you have a different agenda

Koolaid_Man
08-24-2015, 02:22 PM
Ok what do you honestly think this guy brings to the table other than his daddy's name? You ever here the story of west sr growing up getting beat by his daddeh. That fucker had to be great. His life depended on it. Jr may just be a spoiled spoon fed tike. We'll see.

For starters he helped select and draft Mike Conley Jr.and he's directly responsible for drafting Jordan Clarkson at 46th whom he just turned into a All Rookie First Team Player....thus far West Jr is batting .1000

ambchang
08-24-2015, 03:29 PM
I thought you were interested in talking basketball...sounds like you have a different agenda

Laker's legends and their kids, if it ain't about basketball I am not sure what is.

BTW, your buddy Buddy Mignon had a close one.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/boston-police-thwart-possible-shooting-pokemon-game-competition-235530158.html#?vp=1

Lucky for him (and you) the police thwarted that attack.

Silver&Black
08-24-2015, 03:37 PM

I do salute you Kool for actually starting a Lakers basketball thread.

I just wonder how long it will last for.

ambchang
08-24-2015, 04:20 PM
For starters he helped select and draft Mike Conley Jr.and he's directly responsible for drafting Jordan Clarkson at 46th whom he just turned into a All Rookie First Team Player....thus far West Jr is batting .1000
Julius Randle
Ryan Kelly
Robert Sacre
Darius Morris
Andrew Goudelock
Chukwudiebere Maduabum
Ater Majok
Devin Ebanks
Derrick Caracter

These players actually only get to play because they are on the Lakers. Most of them would be out of the league before they even step foot on the court (well, true for a couple despite them being drafted by the Lakers).

If you call that batting at 1.000, that's a pretty low standard.

Biernutz
08-24-2015, 04:31 PM
It looks like you are giving Ryan too much credit for Clarkson and Conley. He was assistant director of scouting along with another Buss
kid. I'm sure he didn't have final say as he will now have as director of personal. On a lotto team that had more losses than any Laker
team in 30 years both kids had to have the green light to throw up all the shots they wanted. The real test will be this year as to
be how they will play with Kobe. Will Kobe go back to playing point again and his rep. for holding the ball? Will Kobe mesh with
all the young ones on the team. This is important as Kobe has indicated he could play more than this year..It's still his team.....

Silver&Black
08-24-2015, 05:07 PM
thus far West Jr is batting .1000

10%?

That sounds about right...

Biernutz
08-24-2015, 05:17 PM
It's hard to understand why the Lakers let Jerry West go work for G.S. Look what he did for them.
They should have never let him go. It's like the Texas Rangers showing Nolan Ryan the door. Look at the
Astros now.....West had the same effect on the Lakers....