PDA

View Full Version : Wikileaks: China ready to ditch DPRK

Winehole23
08-24-2015, 08:40 AM
• South Korea's vice-foreign minister said he was told by two named senior Chinese officials that they believed Korea should be reunified under Seoul's control, and that this view was gaining ground with the leadership in Beijing.

Advertisement

• China's vice-foreign minister told US officials that Pyongyang was behaving like a "spoiled child" to get Washington's attention in April 2009 by carrying out missile tests.

• A Chinese ambassador warned that North Korean nuclear activity was "a threat to the whole world's security".

• Chinese officials assessed that it could cope with an influx of 300,000 North Koreans in the event of serious instability, according to a representative of an international agency, but might need to use the military to seal the border.

In highly sensitive discussions in February this year, the-then South Korean vice-foreign minister, Chun Yung-woo, told a US ambassador, Kathleen Stephens, that younger generation Chinese Communist party leaders no longer regarded North Korea as a useful or reliable ally (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-embassy-cables-documents/249870) and would not risk renewed armed conflict on the peninsula, according to a secret cable to Washington.

Chun, who has since been appointed national security adviser to South Korea's president, said North Korea had already collapsed economically.

Political collapse would ensue once Kim Jong-il died, despite the dictator's efforts to obtain Chinese help and to secure the succession for his son, Kim Jong-un.

"Citing private conversations during previous sessions of the six-party talks , Chun claimed [the two high-level officials] believed Korea should be unified under ROK [South Korea] control," Stephens reported.

"The two officials, Chun said, were ready to 'face the new reality' that the DPRK [North Korea] now had little value to China as a buffer state – a view that, since North Korea's first nuclear test in 2006, had reportedly gained traction among senior PRC [People's Republic of China] leaders. Chun argued that in the event of a North Korean collapse, China would clearly 'not welcome' any US military presence north of the DMZ [demilitarised zone]. Again citing his conversations with [the officials], Chun said the PRC would be comfortable with a reunified Korea controlled by Seoul and anchored to the US in a 'benign alliance' – as long as Korea was not hostile towards China. Tremendous trade and labour-export opportunities for Chinese companies, Chun said, would also help 'salve' PRC concerns about … a reunified Korea.

"Chun dismissed the prospect of a possible PRC military intervention in the event of a DPRK collapse, noting that China's strategic economic interests now lie with the United States, Japan and South Korea (http://www.theguardian.com/world/south-korea) – not North Korea."

m>s
08-24-2015, 09:31 AM
That's weird then why did they move attack helicopters, anti tank guns, and men to the border? Surely if they wanted to overthrow Kim they would just do it, so that only leaves that they are there to back him. You don't need attack helicopters to simply seal the border.

DMX7
08-24-2015, 09:54 AM
"Chun dismissed the prospect of a possible PRC military intervention in the event of a DPRK collapse, noting that China's strategic economic interests now lie with the United States, Japan and South Korea – not North Korea."

The last sentence says it all...

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 09:58 AM
China finally realized the South Koreans don't want to conquer them with anything except pop music?

boutons_deux
08-24-2015, 09:59 AM
if PRC really abandons NK, the NK's profoundly mentally diseased dear leader may freak out like a cornered rat and start throwing bombs everywhere.

MultiTroll
08-24-2015, 10:05 AM
if PRC really abandons NK, the NK's profoundly mentally diseased dear leader may freak out like a cornered rat and start throwing bombs everywhere.
China would take over before he had a chance. They'd take him out one way or another.

https://youtu.be/JHYIGy1dyd8

m>s
08-24-2015, 10:46 AM
China finally realized the South Koreans don't want to conquer them with anything except pop music?
Never were worried about South Korea they just didn't want the U.S. I'm their back yard calling shots

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Never were worried about South Korea they just didn't want the U.S. I'm their back yard calling shotsWell they were stupid about that too. That's antiquated, small minded Putin-think.

:cry I'm afraid! I need a buffer state! :cry

m>s
08-24-2015, 10:59 AM
Well they were stupid about that too. That's antiquated, small minded Putin-think.

:cry I'm afraid! I need a buffer state! :cry
Yeah because the U.S. Has never tried to fuck anyone over before. And chumpdumper from spurstalk knows more about foreign policy than their analysts.

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 11:00 AM
Yeah because the U.S. Has never tried to fuck anyone over beforeSo you're admitting Putin is afraid of the US.

m>s
08-24-2015, 11:01 AM
Healthy suspicion

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Abject fear.

hater
08-24-2015, 11:06 AM
:cry Putin is afraid of us that's why he annexed Crimea :cry

Sad simpleton logic tbqh

DMX7
08-24-2015, 11:09 AM
Putin could do what he did because he knew that the general American public had absolutely zero appetite for war after what GWB put us through.

hater
08-24-2015, 11:11 AM
:cry but but he's terrified of us :cry

m>s
08-24-2015, 11:12 AM
Chump has an infantile understanding of geopolitics

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 11:13 AM
Chump has an infantile understanding of geopoliticsI know infantile when I see it.

You and Putin.

m>s
08-24-2015, 11:14 AM
I know infantile when I see it.

You and Putin.
Stick to feels and welfare and racist Whitey you're treading too deep here and displaying your stupidity

m>s
08-24-2015, 11:17 AM
You do know that the USA routinely flies bombers right up to Russian airspace and destabilized their neighbor and historic cousins right? And also their ally in Syria and then the Iran thing. Nobody takes it seriously when you act like Putin is this big scaredy cat and its all totally unfounded. People are wising up to this type of propaganda and if you can't pull this off on common forum plebs then how did you ever think I'd believe any of it? Out of your league

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Stick to feels and welfare and racist Whitey you're treading too deep here and displaying your stupidityNah,Putin's a scared little pussy just like you.

It infuriates you to hear it, but tough shit.

m>s
08-24-2015, 11:19 AM
Ad hominem, the last vestige of the left

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 11:21 AM
Ad hominem, the last vestige of the leftAre you too stupid to realize you just used an ad hominem above?

Which vestige is of yours is that?

m>s
08-24-2015, 11:23 AM
it's not ad hominem to say that feels instead of facts are what liberals do best. Are you too stupid to know what ad hominem is? I was just making an observation

m>s
08-24-2015, 11:24 AM
Now calling someone a pussy, or had I just came out and called you an effeminate cuck without addressing the actual content of your post at all now that would be ad hominem

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 11:24 AM
it's not ad hominem to say that feels instead of facts are what liberals do best. Are you too stupid to know what ad hominem is? I was just making an observationThen so was I.

You're a scared pussy.

This is an immutable fact.

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 11:25 AM
it's not ad hominem to say that feels instead of facts are what liberals do best. Are you too stupid to know what ad hominem is? I was just making an observationI wasn't even talking about that post.

Jesus, you really are that stupid.

hater
08-24-2015, 11:26 AM
:lmao Putin annexed Crimea in less time it takes Obama find a white house toilet :lol

Wow that's gotta be the stupidest take on an issue in the last few months :lol

m>s
08-24-2015, 11:35 AM
Saying you have an infantile understanding of geopolitics isn't ad hominem either. You displayed that perfectly here itt.

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 11:38 AM
Saying you have an infantile understanding of geopolitics isn't ad hominem either. You displayed that perfectly here itt.Nope, wasn't that one either.

Keep trying though -- you look really smart right about now. :lol

m>s
08-24-2015, 11:43 AM
All it means is that you aren't worth me scrolling up

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 11:45 AM
All it means is that you aren't worth me scrolling upBut you did scroll up for me.

Twice.

m>s
08-24-2015, 12:04 PM
That was by memory