PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Best winning % past 18 years.

MultiTroll
08-24-2015, 10:23 AM
San Antonio has clinched a playoff berth in 18 consecutive seasons – the longest active streak in the NBA. In the past 18 seasons, the Spurs also have the best winning percentage over any 18-year span in NBA history.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjGNQ_4FECegGWfkLIHLXpWEj26bM7B iPiQLIqUcl6aCVkdHrN

Buddy Mignon
08-24-2015, 10:32 AM
San Antonio has clinched a playoff berth in 18 consecutive seasons – the longest active streak in the NBA. In the past 18 seasons, the Spurs also have the best winning percentage over any 18-year span in NBA history.

I'M A FAGGOT!!!
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjGNQ_4FECegGWfkLIHLXpWEj26bM7B iPiQLIqUcl6aCVkdHrN

I didn't know the league started 18 years ago. That must be when you guys finally start competing.

ambchang
08-24-2015, 10:33 AM
If the Spurs can make it again this year, they would be tied with the Russell Celtics with the 4th longest playoff appearance streak of all time, behind the Syracuse Nationals/Philly 76ers, Paxson/Drexler/Robinson/Rasheed Blazers, and Stockton Jazz

Thread
08-24-2015, 11:11 AM
You gave that 1 back. The people, the Media let ya skate on it.

I have no such intention.

scanry
08-24-2015, 11:28 AM
^ like we give a crap, asshole.

Thread
08-24-2015, 11:34 AM
^ like we give a crap, asshole.

Then you won't mind me prompting it time immemorial.

ambchang
08-24-2015, 11:57 AM
You gave that 1 back. The people, the Media let ya skate on it.

I have no such intention.

That tells you how much your intention counts.

Thread
08-24-2015, 12:18 PM
That tells you how much your intention counts.

Obviously enough to garner your attention, Shits.

Mitch
08-24-2015, 12:21 PM
The only winning % that counts is finals winning %.

6-0 to Jordan's Bulls, no bias in that one.

MultiTroll
08-24-2015, 12:23 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/55/King-Size_Homer.png
Thread,
Appreciate your thread bumping but could you be more useful here?:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240111&highlight=all+time+Bricklayers

ambchang
08-24-2015, 01:00 PM
Obviously enough to garner your attention, Shits.

What attention?

ambchang
08-24-2015, 01:00 PM

5-1 > 5-2.

Thanks.

Mitch
08-24-2015, 01:17 PM
5-1 > 5-2.

Thanks.

A repeat takes priority in Finals success, Chang. We went through this before.

ambchang
08-24-2015, 03:28 PM

Make it up as you go, that's the motto.

Silver&Black
08-24-2015, 03:31 PM

Does going 21-61 take any priority?

Mitch
08-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Make it up as you go, that's the motto.

Come now, Chang, you've tried to argue the irrelevance of repeats for quite a while before.

As it is, as it was intended.

JohnnyMax
08-24-2015, 04:51 PM
3peat and 2peat > 5 rings separated apart

Caltex2
08-24-2015, 05:14 PM

Good thing the Spurs got LMA and didn't have to tan--err, I mean suffer injuries to get a new star and continue the tradition.

Kool Bob Love
08-24-2015, 08:07 PM
3peat and 2peat > 5 rings separated apart

5=5

dumb ass Atlanta fan.

ambchang
08-24-2015, 08:20 PM
Come now, Chang, you've tried to argue the irrelevance of repeats for quite a while before.

As it is, as it was intended.

Yeah, because winning b2b is somehow more valuable than winning two titles over 3 years.

spurraider21
08-24-2015, 08:32 PM
Good thing the Spurs got LMA and didn't have to tan--err, I mean suffer injuries to get a new star and continue the tradition.
are you implying david robinson could have played in the 96-97 season?

Mitch
08-24-2015, 09:06 PM
Yeah, because winning b2b is somehow more valuable than winning two titles over 3 years.

You'd be singing a different tune if the Spurs won it all this year, Chang. On a side note, you still racist?

Thread
08-24-2015, 09:07 PM
You'd be singing a different tune if the Spurs won it all this year, Chang.

Mitch

He'd be crowin' like a bandy rooster.

Mitch
08-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Mitch

He'd be crowin' like a bandy rooster.

You know it, Cub. If the Spurs won trice like they very well could have? There'd be a gated community set up here for teams that repeated instead of this highest win % crap Midst fellates every day.

Spurtacular
08-24-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm proud to say that I root for a world class organization and not one that the league has to cheat just get them a freaking 8 seed :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5VeVKf2EHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKI1TOPkMeY&feature=iv&src_vid=v5VeVKf2EHI &annotation_id=annotation_699960

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUKbs2Y4vo8

TDMVPDPOY
08-24-2015, 11:35 PM
would be higher if enrique wasnt on team or never given reigns to chuck like a bitch

would rather watch duncan get all his touches at any age, nothing beats watching a well oiled offensive game from duncan then seeing some turd chuck up bs bricks

ps. popabitch subbing enrique in 03 and again in 2013...if he subbed that pos more frequently, the spurs would have move rings and wins, but i dont get why it took popabitch 10years to sub the clown...

ambchang
08-25-2015, 07:11 AM
You'd be singing a different tune if the Spurs won it all this year, Chang. On a side note, you still racist?

Nope, the Celtics won 17 champions, not an 8-peat + another bunch.
The 90s Rockets are not a better than the 70s Knicks per se, because they won b2b.

And I was never a racist, where did you come up with that?

MultiTroll
08-25-2015, 09:12 AM
I'm proud to say that I root for a world class organization and not one that the league has to cheat just get them a freaking 8 seed :lol
Nicely done.
Additionally, no one recognizes 2002s *Championship other then Laker Bitch. So there was no threepeat.

Thread
08-25-2015, 09:16 AM
Nicely done.
Additionally, no one recognizes 2002s *Championship other then Laker Bitch. So there was no threepeat.

tee, hee.

I'll just bet there wasn't.

buttsR4rebounding
08-25-2015, 09:25 AM
I didn't know the league started 18 years ago. That must be when you guys finally start competing.

Spurs actually have the best winning percentage of all time in the league. They passed the Lakers last year or the year before.

Thread
08-25-2015, 09:38 AM
Spurs actually have the best winning percentage of all time in the league. They passed the Lakers last year or the year before.

Though, Ass, you gave an NBA Title back after it was in the case.

FromWayDowntown
08-25-2015, 09:50 AM
Any doubt that the Spurs and Lakers have dominated the NBA during the Duncan/Kobe reign? The Spurs or Lakers lead the NBA in wins -- as in, are 1st and 2nd -- in each of the playoff rounds during that time:

First Round Wins
SAS - 59
LAL - 47
MIA - 39
IND - 37
DAL - 36

Conference Semifinals
SAS - 43
LAL - 35
MIA - 29
IND - 28
DET - 25

Conference Finals
LAL - 28
SAS - 27
MIA - 23
IND - 16
DET - 14

Finals
SAS - 23
LAL - 23
MIA - 15
BOS - 7
DET - 7

Mitch
08-25-2015, 10:02 AM
Nope, the Celtics won 17 champions, not an 8-peat + another bunch.
The 90s Rockets are not a better than the 70s Knicks per se, because they won b2b.

And I was never a racist, where did you come up with that?

You comparing a black man to a guerrilla of course. Also, like I said, if the Spurs could repeat you'd sing a different tune. You'll deny it knowing that it'll never happen, though.

ambchang
08-25-2015, 10:47 AM
You comparing a black man to a guerrilla of course. Also, like I said, if the Spurs could repeat you'd sing a different tune. You'll deny it knowing that it'll never happen, though.

It was Kobe, Kobe does not represent an entire race of people.

And it`s spelt gorilla, guerrillas engage in warfare.

And no, I won`t. I am not putting the late 80s Pistons on higher ground than the 70s Celtics because they won b2b.

Mitch
08-25-2015, 11:29 AM
It was Kobe, Kobe does not represent an entire race of people.

And it`s spelt gorilla, guerrillas engage in warfare.

And no, I won`t. I am not putting the late 80s Pistons on higher ground than the 70s Celtics because they won b2b.

So sorry to offend you with the spelling, Chang, I'll take it up with swiftkey. You've been pointed out by a few for your comparison being racist, which wouldn't be a big deal in this forum if you didn't deny it so much.

At any rate, you can rank other teams however you want to qualify your own team, but fact of the matter is that repeating is the pinnacle of winning in the NBA and not some metric %.

FromWayDowntown
08-25-2015, 11:48 AM
but fact of the matter is that repeating is the pinnacle of winning in the NBA and not some metric %.

Absolutely. This is precisely why everyone who knows anything about NBA history puts the Isiah Pistons and the Hakeem Rockets well ahead of the Bird Celtics.

Mitch
08-25-2015, 12:56 PM
Absolutely. This is precisely why everyone who knows anything about NBA history puts the Isiah Pistons and the Hakeem Rockets well ahead of the Bird Celtics.

Keep it upstairs, kiddo.

ambchang
08-25-2015, 01:10 PM
So sorry to offend you with the spelling, Chang, I'll take it up with swiftkey. You've been pointed out by a few for your comparison being racist, which wouldn't be a big deal in this forum if you didn't deny it so much.

I am not, and I am not going to admit it no matter which and where. And I didn't make any comparisons on the gorilla vs. Kobe, it was with the peculiar tastes of the people who find Kobe attractive.

The total lack of logic or running to a conclusion is really astounding.

At any rate, you can rank other teams however you want to qualify your own team, but fact of the matter is that repeating is the pinnacle of winning in the NBA and not some metric %.

What fact? How was that a fact? it is an opinion, and your opinion at that.

Do they give special awards for b2bs?

FromWayDowntown
08-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Keep it upstairs, kiddo.

Sure. Often it's better when reality stays separated from the fictions one desires to create.

Mitch
08-25-2015, 02:08 PM
I am not, and I am not going to admit it no matter which and where. And I didn't make any comparisons on the gorilla vs. Kobe, it was with the peculiar tastes of the people who find Kobe attractive.

The total lack of logic or running to a conclusion is really astounding.

What fact? How was that a fact? it is an opinion, and your opinion at that.

Do they give special awards for b2bs?

And that's why you were called a racist outright.

Repeat champions are a rarity, they had proven they didn't win at the whim of fate's dice roll like the Warriors being healthy while nobody else seemed to be. It means more than a win %, since the ultimate goal is to win the last game - not the most games.

MultiTroll
08-25-2015, 02:43 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Mitch (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8173268#post8173268)
but fact of the matter is that repeating is the pinnacle of winning in the NBA and not some metric %.

:lol Would you like another cup of STFU, Mitch?

ambchang
08-25-2015, 02:59 PM
And that's why you were called a racist outright.

What? I am called something I am not precisely because I refuse to admit I am something I am not? What kind of logic is this? So if I admit to something I am not I will not be labelled the precise thing I admitted to being? Is this Opposite Day? Witch hunt?

Repeat champions are a rarity, they had proven they didn't win at the whim of fate's dice roll like the Warriors being healthy while nobody else seemed to be. It means more than a win %, since the ultimate goal is to win the last game - not the most games.

And winning 5 titles over 16 years, including 3 over 5 years is winning on a whim?

And obviously winning titles is more significant than winning %. The matter is when the title counts are the same, winning % comes as a tie breaker because it signifies a consistent pattern of excellence.

Mitch
08-25-2015, 03:09 PM
What? I am called something I am not precisely because I refuse to admit I am something I am not? What kind of logic is this? So if I admit to something I am not I will not be labelled the precise thing I admitted to being? Is this Opposite Day? Witch hunt?

And winning 5 titles over 16 years, including 3 over 5 years is winning on a whim?

And obviously winning titles is more significant than winning %. The matter is when the title counts are the same, winning % comes as a tie breaker because it signifies a consistent pattern of excellence.

There's plenty of racists out here, Chang, but only a few try to logically defend their racism. That's when it gets called out since telling the choir to sing is redundant.

Also, winning in repetition means you were simply the best without room to dispute that fact. It means you weren't one of the best, but rather simply the best because lightning shouldn't strike twice, let alone trice. Winning % is just an empty statistic since it doesn't mean anything at the end of the day. You don't call a team with a high winning % anything special, but you repeat people feel that team did something special. That's why you hear of the Jordan and Shaq 3peats so much, but only in niche audiences you hear of winning % like it's a huge accomplishment.

ambchang
08-25-2015, 07:00 PM
There's plenty of racists out here, Chang, but only a few try to logically defend their racism. That's when it gets called out since telling the choir to sing is redundant.

Also, winning in repetition means you were simply the best without room to dispute that fact. It means you weren't one of the best, but rather simply the best because lightning shouldn't strike twice, let alone trice. Winning % is just an empty statistic since it doesn't mean anything at the end of the day. You don't call a team with a high winning % anything special, but you repeat people feel that team did something special. That's why you hear of the Jordan and Shaq 3peats so much, but only in niche audiences you hear of winning % like it's a huge accomplishment.

so your argument about me being racist is because I am. And despite proof after proof showing me not being one, you applied you flawed and twisted logic is good enough.

And winning 5 titles is not enough evidence for you? You have a very poor understanding of statistics. Your basic assumption is that titles involve good luck (it does) and if and only if winning titles consecutively removes all doubt of the luck element, despite the fact that it is entirely possible for luck to happen consecutively, no mater how many times in a row.

The Spurs won five times in the Duncan era, and your argument is that they just won by chance five separate times?

What I do know is that teams do not shoot 20FTAs in the 4th quarter of elimination games by chance though, lakers did it 3 separate times (non consecutive), each time in a title year. Raises questions doesn't it?

And a high winning percentage is something special. Even 90s sonics blazers and 00 Suns are held in high regard despite them never winning a title. Now the Spurs not only have a high winning %, they won five consecutive titles.

DMC
08-25-2015, 07:09 PM

Spurs: 83%

Lakers: 51%

DMC
08-25-2015, 07:11 PM
Though, Ass, you gave an NBA Title back after it was in the case.
You gave 15 back. That's 31 rings you should have. Thirty fucking One.You made Bill Russell into a household name.

Mitch
08-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Spurs: 83%

Lakers: 51%

Fat hands working the logic better than Chang, never thought I'd see the day.

Thread
08-25-2015, 08:50 PM
You gave 15 back. That's 31 rings you should have. Thirty fucking One.You made Bill Russell into a household name.

Evenin', Shits.

DMC
08-25-2015, 09:04 PM
Fat hands working the logic better than Chang, never thought I'd see the day.

It was your logic. I just showed you the results of it.

Mitch
08-25-2015, 10:44 PM
It was your logic. I just showed you the results of it.

Not my logic, simply the logic.

The same logic that says you should cut back on the carbs, porky.

MultiTroll
08-26-2015, 12:12 AM
:lol Daleapalooza
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2011/07/22/history_1969_nelson_shot.nba/

Gent
08-26-2015, 02:34 AM

What a stupid retort.

I can safely say that you and about 95% were born Lakers fans during their early 2000 run.

You don't see many Laker fans these days. But where aplenty back then.

This milestone is just another notch in the hill of the knife for Tim Duncan over Kobe Bryant.

I know it hurts. Just let it.

Thread
08-26-2015, 07:04 AM
What a stupid retort.

I can safely say that you and about 95% were born Lakers fans during their early 2000 run.

This milestone is just another notch in the hill of the knife for Tim Duncan over Kobe Bryant.

& you're the motherfucker that didn't even come down here till your won your 1st 5th for the 2nd time. Had to, no other choice after the tired old shit bag Duncan burned your 1st 5th to the fuckin' water line.

ha.

Gent
08-26-2015, 07:10 AM
& you're the motherfucker that didn't even come down here till your won your 1st 5th for the 2nd time. Had to, no other choice after the tired old shit bag Duncan burned your 1st 5th to the fuckin' water line.

ha.

Could have done without the swears but OK.

Thread
08-26-2015, 07:15 AM
Could have done without the swears but OK.

I'm raw. I'm fresh outta the sack, feelin' froggy, a tad bit horny.

& now? I'm goin' back to that couch.

Nite-nite.

Buddy Mignon
08-26-2015, 10:26 AM
What a stupid retort.

Fuck off, faggot.

MultiTroll
08-26-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm goin' back to that couch.

https://youtu.be/VYJStJ9p_T0

Thread
08-26-2015, 12:07 PM
https://youtu.be/VYJStJ9p_T0

Catastrophe. I'll take '84,,,the entire playoff run to the grave. It was beset by calamity,,,Magic losing track of the clock Vs. Dallas was just the beginning. They (Media & Celtic nation) wanted us to do EXACTLY what we did. We followed their script to-the-letter. Absolutely fantastic 30+ years later. It never grows old.

I was never so miserable and put upon. Inconsolable. I knew not what to do. All I could do was marinade in my own juices. It's like I could see it all happening before it happened because that was where we were at that time and place. The Celtics owned us. And we went right down the pipe step-by-step as preordained. It was incredible.

It wasn't even a steal. Just a pass to the opponent. Worthy wanted it to end, to be over, to go home to California. He rehabbed, yes, but, he never got over that. Never.

Gent
08-26-2015, 08:53 PM
Fuck off, faggot.

This serves as confirmation for the masses.

Agloco
08-26-2015, 10:19 PM

Keep it upstairs, kiddo.

Sure. Often it's better when reality stays separated from the fictions one desires to create.

:lol

FWD pushing your shit in.

Mitch
08-26-2015, 10:58 PM
:lol

FWD pushing your shit in.

Pity reply for the village idiot. Don't forget how to breath again.

DMC
08-26-2015, 11:31 PM
Not my logic, simply the logic.

The same logic that says you should cut back on the carbs, porky.

Sure, distance yourself from your own logic now that you've had it shoved up your ass.

You might consider using one of your other alts now. This one has too many cum stains on it.

DMC
08-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Right, and you don't forget how to spell breathe.

Gent
08-27-2015, 05:24 AM
Ah, kids are so infatuated with non-sense stats these days. It's no wonder why the media pushes the gimmicks on the easily decieved mind of today's youth.

If you're not winning 3-4 championships straight they deem it a failure. Give me a break.

Thread
08-27-2015, 06:35 AM
Ah, kids are so infatuated with non-sense stats these days. It's no wonder why the media pushes the gimmicks on the easily decieved mind of today's youth.

If you're not winning 3-4 championships straight they deem it a failure. Give me a break.

& that same [media] lets you walk away from '13 without a scratch on ya's. Sure, a 60-year-old man was waitin' on ya's with a paddle and brass knucks, but, Media? They wanted no part of it.

Agloco
08-27-2015, 06:56 AM

Right, and you don't forget how to spell breathe.

:lol shit pushed in deeper

:lmao

DMC
08-27-2015, 09:53 AM
& that same [media] lets you walk away from '13 without a scratch on ya's. Sure, a 60-year-old man was waitin' on ya's with a paddle and brass knucks, but, Media? They wanted no part of it.

You holed up the entire playoffs Dale. Only pussies and assholes revise history.

Thread
08-27-2015, 10:53 AM
You holed up the entire playoffs Dale. Only pussies and assholes revise history.

Mornin', Shits.

Thread
08-27-2015, 10:54 AM
:lol shit pushed in deeper

:lmao

Only pussies, assholes, & Shits use the spelling indictment.

DMC
08-27-2015, 01:09 PM
Your bias is duly noted and your take is weighted accordingly.

Thread
08-27-2015, 01:17 PM
Your bias is duly noted and your take is weighted accordingly.

Mornin', Shits.

Caltex2
08-27-2015, 08:37 PM
are you implying david robinson could have played in the 96-97 season?

No but maybe some of his teammates could have that were also injured.

Agloco
08-27-2015, 10:12 PM

He was proven to be an idiot well before the spelling incident. FWD saw to that.

That was simply icing on the cake.

Much like 6 will be this year.