PDA

View Full Version : Shots distribution 2015-16

MultiTroll
08-24-2015, 10:58 AM
With Aldridge stating he wanted to still average 23+ ppg and Ime telling him the Spurs wanted him to, where do you see the shots distribution at?
KLeonard one can assume is going to get a career high FGAs, right? 13 per game last year.

Will Porker be forced to take less shots and distribute the ball? That would require Coach Pock to return to Good Coaching of 2014.
Or will Porker stun us and come in not only in good physical shape but with a new sharing personality and game? Fat chance of that.
Somethings gotta give if Aldridge is going to get 20 FGAs per game.

From the article:
(Ime) ‘We need a guy to score down there. Tim (Duncan) is older, and we need a guy to command a double team down there.’ So I was like, ‘Maybe I’m not a Spur, because I’ve been averaging 23 (points per game) for the last three to four years, and maybe I don’t fit into y’all’s system of let’s all average 17 (points per game).’ And he was like, ‘No, we’re not trying to change who you are and make you average 16 or 17. We want you to be you, because you’re going to help us be better and vice versa.’ He kind of reaffirmed that they didn’t want to change me, and that who I am is ok.”
That was what I was weighing: Go to Phoenix, be the face and the guy, or go to San Antonio and probably win sooner and be more blended in. That was my issue. And I was like, ‘If y’all want me to come here and average 12 or 13 points, that’s not who I am. I like scoring.’ They were like, ‘No, we want you to play in the system, but you scoring is needed here.’ Once I heard that, I was fine.”

MultiTroll
08-24-2015, 11:04 AM
Per 36 minutes is a good indicator, Porker was the highest on that stat (15.3). For now per game:
Last years 2014-15 FGA per game reg season:
20 Aldridge Portland

12.8 Leonard
12.2 Porker (actually decent 48% in reg season)
10.6 Timmy
9.1 Green
8.4 GNob
7.8 Boris
7.6 Ferrari
6.6 Patty (injuries)

Buddy Mignon
08-24-2015, 11:05 AM
No way he gets 15 shots a night on this team.

MultiTroll
08-24-2015, 11:07 AM
No way he gets 15 shots a night on this team.
So you think Ime bullcrapped him or he is going to shoot 60% with a bunch of FTs?

Brazil
08-24-2015, 11:08 AM
so LMA does not want to play center and does not want scoring less... :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 11:09 AM
http://assets.4un.com/img/7923.jpg

Buddy Mignon
08-24-2015, 11:13 AM
So you think Ime bullcrapped him or he is going to shoot 60% with a bunch of FTs?

Of course he bullshitted him. Think about it... I can see Jim and Manu taking a few less shots only do to less playing time. But Kiwi is trying to make the all-star and his game should be improved so expect his shots to increase. Add in the fact that West has never passed on a shot he didn't like. If Mills is healthy he shoots every fucking time he touches the ball. Green will be Green and for Parker to be effective he has to score. The only seasons where the Spurs were dominate... Parker was a scorer. Either West or LA will be extremely disappointing by all-star. And seeing as West is basically playing for free I think LA will become a cancer by all-star. If he accepts his limited role on this team then the Spurs have a good chance, but if he's trying to hoist up 20 shots a night... expect this team to be a failure.

Buddy Mignon
08-24-2015, 11:14 AM

This is an issue. He has no choice but to play center. Tim will play about 28 minutes a night... the rest will be filled by West of Boris. Neither of those guys can play center.

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 11:19 AM
lakerfan caring about the Spurs extra hard today.

bd_monster
08-24-2015, 11:50 AM
With Parker becoming more of a facilitator that an Scorer and Manu/Tim taking some production loss I'm sure Lamarcus/Kawhi/Danny wont have any problems getting their shots up.

BillMc
08-24-2015, 11:57 AM

Yeah, it concerns me a bit, I won't lie. What happened to "I'll do anything they need to win"?

MultiTroll
08-24-2015, 12:19 PM
OP Brazil so LMA does not want to play center and does not want scoring less... :rolleyes

Yeah, it concerns me a bit, I won't lie. What happened to "I'll do anything they need to win"?
You guys don't think new 7'3" guy Boban will get any playing time?

I don't like the seeming switcharoo in attitude from Aldridge either, but could Boban playing 12 minutes a game solve that?
Or perhaps when/if Aldridge place C, Popped will go with a spread offense vs locking him in the block?

FromWayDowntown
08-24-2015, 12:57 PM
The idea that Pop only knows how to coach a team in the recent egalitarian way (or can only be an effective coach while employing that style) is pretty badly incorrect. Pop has gone to the spread the shots around approach in recent years because that's what his personnel would allow. No matter what you think of Tim's game, he really hasn't been able to command a double in the post on a consistent basis for a long time now and I don't think many teams have come into games against the Spurs with the intention of doubling the post frequently.

But Pop's system was originally built to pitch the ball inside, command the double, and find shots around the perimeter as the defense scrambles to rotate after the double. It's not hard to imagine that the Spurs will go back to that general concept with some modifications because they once again have a guy who can command the double down there. The ball movement of 2014 should actually be enhanced (and the good looks it creates can be exploited) by causing that initial double as a means to break down a defense. The truth is that as last season wore on, it looked like a lot of defenses had figured out ways to either limit the ball movement by employing some variant of zone concepts or had elected to play passing lanes and recover to shooters rather than trying to run with all of the ball/man movement the Spurs tried to create. The Spurs found some fixes and still got looks, but they had to work pretty hard to find them. Aldridge's sheer gravity on the block should ease that burden to some extent.

spurs10
08-24-2015, 01:16 PM
No way he gets 15 shots a night on this team. Ime also sold him a watch. :hat

spurs10
08-24-2015, 01:24 PM
He chose "win sooner and be more blended in" over being the "face" of the team. I think he will be 'face' along with Kawhi in years to come. This year he will get plenty of touches and shots out of the gate.

FromWayDowntown
08-24-2015, 01:30 PM
With all of that said, Aldridge's ability to play at the elbow and out should allow the Spurs to use him in a lot of situations where they can find some easier looks at the rim because the bigger defenders are lifted. I'm particularly interested to see if they put LA at the elbow with Boris initiating offense from the top, which would seem likely to create lots of space from the baseline to the mid-lane for wings to cut and attack, particularly if Boris can find his stroke from deep again.

BillMc
08-24-2015, 01:36 PM
OP Brazil so LMA does not want to play center and does not want scoring less... :rolleyes

You guys don't think new 7'3" guy Boban will get any playing time?

I don't like the seeming switcharoo in attitude from Aldridge either, but could Boban playing 12 minutes a game solve that?
Or perhaps when/if Aldridge place C, Popped will go with a spread offense vs locking him in the block?

We can hope that Boban can contribute, but his foot, slowness and some pretty impressive bigs ahead of him in the lineup, make me think his minutes will be pretty low.

Brazil
08-24-2015, 01:43 PM

Spurs seem fine with these requests: jersey number, playing center, maintaining his scoring... so I'm not really concerned but yeah a bit annoying overall

BillMc
08-24-2015, 02:04 PM
Spurs seem fine with these requests: jersey number, playing center, maintaining his scoring... so I'm not really concerned but yeah a bit annoying overall

Yeah, you can't really call it a problem, because its not yet a problem, may never be a problem, and the Spurs knew what they were getting. There just seems to be a focus by LMA on the wrong things. Still, its offseason, and a message board, so we are making mountains out of molehills surely.

skulls138
08-24-2015, 02:19 PM
Yeah, it concerns me a bit, I won't lie. What happened to "I'll do anything they need to win"?He is a bit full of himself. The good thing is that our success has more leverage than he does and he'll have to submit to whatever Pops wants him to do or be a rich bench rider.

SAGirl
08-24-2015, 03:16 PM
The idea that Pop only knows how to coach a team in the recent egalitarian way (or can only be an effective coach while employing that style) is pretty badly incorrect. Pop has gone to the spread the shots around approach in recent years because that's what his personnel would allow. No matter what you think of Tim's game, he really hasn't been able to command a double in the post on a consistent basis for a long time now and I don't think many teams have come into games against the Spurs with the intention of doubling the post frequently.

But Pop's system was originally built to pitch the ball inside, command the double, and find shots around the perimeter as the defense scrambles to rotate after the double. It's not hard to imagine that the Spurs will go back to that general concept with some modifications because they once again have a guy who can command the double down there. The ball movement of 2014 should actually be enhanced (and the good looks it creates can be exploited) by causing that initial double as a means to break down a defense. The truth is that as last season wore on, it looked like a lot of defenses had figured out ways to either limit the ball movement by employing some variant of zone concepts or had elected to play passing lanes and recover to shooters rather than trying to run with all of the ball/man movement the Spurs tried to create. The Spurs found some fixes and still got looks, but they had to work pretty hard to find them. Aldridge's sheer gravity on the block should ease that burden to some extent.
^^^^^^^
This! I agree 100%

All Mighty Janitor
08-24-2015, 03:26 PM
LaMarcus's shot attempts can go down if hes more efficient which is what I think will happen. He only shot 46.6% from the field. Or if he's shooting, and hitting, 3's at a higher rate, it will raise his scoring as well ( even if his fg% stays the same).

All Mighty Janitor
08-24-2015, 03:30 PM
I began to wonder if the spurs would try to run the motion out of the post (through Kawhi) last year. With Parker's likely decline and Aldridge's addition, it may be the route the Spurs need to go.

LongtimeSpursFan
08-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Run the pick and roll offense with Parker and Aldridge to the wheels fall off and then add a sprinkling of Leonard and Green. Both of these should get extra looks off easy transition points after turning up defensive intensity. Duncan can average 8 points a game and focus on ball distribution ,defense and rebounding.

MultiTroll
11-17-2015, 09:26 AM
After 10 Games FGA per game:

17 Kawhi
13 Aldridge
9.1 GNob
9.0 Porker
8 Duncan
8 Green
6.8 Patty
5 Diaw
4.3 West
3.1 Butler
2.7 Anderson
1.8 Boban
1.3 Macullum
0 Matty BonBon

MultiTroll
11-17-2015, 09:33 AM
Per 36 min

18.5 Kwa
16.1 Aldridge
15.2 GNob
12.3 Porker
11.4 Patty
10.6 Duncan
10.6 Butler
10.2 West
10 Anderson
9.9 McCullom
9.8 Green
9.0 Diaw

kaji157
11-18-2015, 10:19 AM
Wow Manu is shooting a lot and at a great clip.

ceperez
11-18-2015, 11:30 AM
Per 36 min

18.5 Kwa
16.1 Aldridge
15.2 GNob
12.3 Porker
11.4 Patty
10.6 Duncan
10.6 Butler
10.2 West
10 Anderson
9.9 McCullom
9.8 Green
9.0 Diaw

Why is Butler shooting more than Diaw and Green????

MultiTroll
11-18-2015, 01:55 PM
Why is Butler shooting more than Diaw and Green????
I don't know.
Bear in mind you are talking about the 2nd chart which is per 36 minutes.
Sometimes in garbage time anything goes and it skews stats.

SAGirl
11-18-2015, 03:34 PM

17 Kawhi
13 Aldridge
9.1 GNob
9.0 Porker
8 Duncan
8 Green
6.8 Patty
5 Diaw
4.3 West
3.1 Butler
2.7 Anderson
1.8 Boban
1.3 Macullum
0 Matty BonBon
So much for all the drama and concern about Lamarcus not doing what needed to be done: chuck less and play center. The man has proven he's a competitor and will do what is asked of him.

The issue now, coincidentally is that he's off his game, and we need him to be more aggressive (like Ime said), and look less uncertain out there. What a contradiction. 13 shots not enough for him and 8 for Danny maybe too much specially when he's slumping bad.

apalisoc_9
11-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Kawhi is not getting enough touches and shots. Smdh.

Mr Bones
11-18-2015, 05:13 PM

17 Kawhi
13 Aldridge
9.1 GNob
9.0 Porker
8 Duncan
8 Green
6.8 Patty
5 Diaw
4.3 West
3.1 Butler
2.7 Anderson
1.8 Boban
1.3 Macullum
0 Matty BonBon

This looks pretty good to me. I'd hoped pre-season that both LMA & Kawhi would average between 15-18 shots per game. With LMA still getting acclimated, it looks like they're on course to do it. The adjustment at this point means LMA takes a little more than one extra shot per half... the good news is Aldridge being on the floor so far has helped with the FG% of every other starter except for Green, who's in a slump.

MultiTroll
12-04-2015, 09:54 PM
20 Games / shots per game

16.4 Kwa
13.8 Aldridge
9.7 Parker
8.6 GNob
8.1 Green
7.6 Duncan
7.5 Mills
4.7 Diaw
4.7 West