PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about LMAlpha being handed the team?

hater
08-24-2015, 01:31 PM
Wonder if kawhitards are happy, sad or just plain upset?

As a non player fan of course I'm pretty pleased tbqh we did go out in the first round last year.

unleashbaynes
08-24-2015, 01:45 PM
I feel like this website is a dreary place with no original thoughts and where zero valuable discussion takes place. I feel like it is full of teenagers who think they are funny and original but really use the same recycled garbage troll tactics over and over again. I very rarely see anything posted here anymore that I legitimately enjoy reading. Everybody just calls each other faggots and cucks and there is no wit or creativity behind any of the posts or insults posted here.

Kool Bob Love
08-24-2015, 01:46 PM
like Kobe fans theyll throw LMAlpha under the bus. Smh

hater
08-24-2015, 01:49 PM
It's a serious question tbqh. It'll be interesting to see how spursfans handle LMAlphas role throughout the season.

Already some fans are sounding alarms. "this is not typical spurs material" blah blah blah

Interesting mechanics in place imo good stuff

hater
08-24-2015, 01:50 PM
like Kobe fans theyll throw LMAlpha under the bus. Smh

This sounds accurate.

RD2191
08-24-2015, 02:10 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/423/672/667.gif

All Mighty Janitor
08-24-2015, 03:14 PM
This is probably gonna turn into a troll tread, but I'll post anyway.

On a selfish level sometimes I wish the Spurs never got Aldridge, because I think the Spurs could be successful (championship good) with Kawhi as their number one option. I think he could have put up 21-23ppg and about 4 apg maintaining his DPOY defense. Kawhi is my favorite player so I want the NBA to recognize his abilities. But then I think that the team would've had to rely on injury pone players(Tiago, Parker, maybe even Kawhi) if LaMarcus doesn't sign.

The Aldridge signing gives the Spurs a proven(even if worse than kawhi) offensive player that can take on the offensive load so Kawhi can make sure to maintain and even improve his defense. I do have legitimate concerns about the signing though: Will the Spurs use the motion offense? If not can Kawhi improve his play making and maintain high FG% with increased scoring? If they do run the motion, will there be enough shots for Kawhi and/or LaMarcus so they are both happy?

So, ultimately, I am in favor of Aldrigde signing, (especially because they got to keep Danny) because it brings more balance/stability to the roster and extends the Championship window.

szkorhetz
08-24-2015, 03:19 PM

On a selfish level sometimes I wish the Spurs never got Aldridge, because I think the Spurs could be successful (championship good) with Kawhi as their number one option. I think he could have put up 21-23ppg and about 4 apg maintaining his DPOY defense. Kawhi is my favorite player so I want the NBA to recognize his abilities. But then I think that the team would've had to rely on injury pone players(Tiago, Parker, maybe even Kawhi) if LaMarcus doesn't sign.

The Aldridge signing gives the Spurs a proven(even if worse than kawhi) offensive player that can take on the offensive load so Kawhi can make sure to maintain and even improve his defense. I do have legitimate concerns about the signing though: Will the Spurs use the motion offense? If not can Kawhi improve his play making and maintain high FG% with increased scoring? If they do run the motion, will there be enough shots for Kawhi and/or LaMarcus so they are both happy?

So, ultimately, I am in favor of Aldrigde signing, (especially because they got to keep Danny) because it brings more balance/stability to the roster and extends the Championship window.
http://reactionimage.org/img/gallery/1886670033.jpg

Kawhi will never be the offensive player LMA is right now. Kawhi's O is highly overrated on this board. I love Kawhi but some people act like he is the second coming of Jordan. No. He will never be an Alpha in a Championship caliber team for long stretches.

SquawkinHawkBigCock
08-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Kawhi=Kobe?

LMA=Pau?

tbh?

All Mighty Janitor
08-24-2015, 03:36 PM
I was just saying Kawhi might become a better offensive player than LMA next year if he keeps improving. I was NOT saying he's better now(although I understand your confusion).

TheGreatYacht
08-24-2015, 03:59 PM
They DO compare him to Pippen, tbh...

pgardn
08-24-2015, 04:30 PM
It's a serious question tbqh. It'll be interesting to see how spursfans handle LMAlphas role throughout the season.

Already some fans are sounding alarms. "this is not typical spurs material" blah blah blah

Interesting mechanics in place imo good stuff

If LMA "needs" points and minutes we have made a big mistake.
If we need him to win another championship by using him frequently as a scorer, fine.

timtonymanu
08-24-2015, 04:33 PM
OP jinxing Aldridge like that. Smh

SuperCam
08-24-2015, 04:40 PM
LMAlpha would never get his ass kicked by 35 year old Matt Barnes, tbh

SAGirl
08-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Question: Why trade Tiago for peanuts and go hard after Lamarcus and max him up unless Spurs intended for him to have a very significant role in the team? Ppl act like him wanting to take shots is unexpected. meantime we hear Kawhi saying he wants to be an All-Star and Regular Season MVP and guys are not criticiszing him for going after personal records and such. Double standard.

Silver&Black
08-24-2015, 05:09 PM
Whatever it takes to get :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:.....

I'm all for it.

DeRozan m8
08-24-2015, 05:10 PM
Pretty sure this thread is the first time I've seen the word cucks tbh

SuperCam
08-24-2015, 05:14 PM
Question: Why trade Tiago for peanuts and go hard after Lamarcus and max him up unless Spurs intended for him to have a very significant role in the team? Ppl act like him wanting to take shots is unexpected. meantime we hear Kawhi saying he wants to be an All-Star and Regular Season MVP and guys are not criticiszing him for going after personal records and such. Double standard.

Oh I think the honeymoon with Kawhi will definitely start to end the more he keeps talking about me-first accolades, especially if there's even a sniff of tension between him and LMAlpha in the lockeroom. Even the merry band of Kawhitards led by that balding pinoy canuck wouldn't be able to stop that

dabom
08-24-2015, 05:26 PM

I don't reply to your stupid ass posts but this one takes the cake. You wan't people to criticize Kawhi for voicing his dreams? Pop already said he was going to be the face of the franchise after his first season. There is nothing wrong here except cucks like you. :lmao

daledondale
08-24-2015, 06:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lEQ5PBt.gif

SpursBig3s
08-24-2015, 06:31 PM
LMAlpha would never get his ass kicked by 35 year old Matt Barnes, tbh

Bobcats:lmao

RD2191
08-24-2015, 06:31 PM
http://reactionimage.org/img/gallery/1886670033.jpg

Kawhi will never be the offensive player LMA is right now. Kawhi's O is highly overrated on this board. I love Kawhi but some people act like he is the second coming of Jordan. No. He will never be an Alpha in a Championship caliber team for long stretches.

He won a finals mvp you fucking clown. He went toe to toe with the best player in the world. Pull your head out of your ass.

ElNono
08-24-2015, 06:40 PM
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu340/hellboy667/michael-jackson-thriller-eating-popcorn-animated.gif

Silver&Black
08-24-2015, 07:08 PM
He won a finals mvp you fucking clown. He went toe to toe with the best player in the world. Pull your head out of your ass.

"Went toe to toe"

Robdiaz....

Mi negro.

RD2191
08-24-2015, 07:13 PM
"Went toe to toe"

Robdiaz....

Mi negro.

:lol

YGWHI
08-24-2015, 08:12 PM
Kawhi=Kobe?

LMA=Pau?

tbh?

They say that Kawhi told LMA "be my Paul" in their first off-season meeting and then they played three consecutive NBA finals and won two rings? Sounds legit :tu

rastaspur
08-24-2015, 08:38 PM
I feel like this website is a dreary place with no original thoughts and where zero valuable discussion takes place. I feel like it is full of teenagers who think they are funny and original but really use the same recycled garbage troll tactics over and over again. I very rarely see anything posted here anymore that I legitimately enjoy reading. Everybody just calls each other faggots and cucks and there is no wit or creativity behind any of the posts or insults posted here.

Well said

YGWHI
08-24-2015, 08:42 PM

I wonder WHY they do it...

Kawhi Leonard 4th season, 23 years old:
Per 100 possessions 23.6 points, 11.6 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 3.7 steals, 1.2 blocks, 56.7%TS
Kawhi Leonard accolades through 4 seasons:
1xNBA Champion, 1x NBA Finals MVP, 1x DPOY, 1x All-Defensive 1st team, 1x All-Defensive 2nd team, NBA All-Rookie 1st Team.

Scottie Pippen, 4th season, 25 years old
Per 100 possessions 24.3 points, 9.9 rebounds, 8.5 assists, 3.2 steals, 1.5 blocks, 52% TS
Scottie Pippen accolades through 4 seasons:
1xNBA Champion, 0x NBA Finals MVP, 0xDPOY, 0 All Defensive 1st team, 1xAll-Defensive 2nd team

YGWHI
08-24-2015, 08:48 PM
Like Kobe
I'd take Kobe-Kawhi-Pippen hybrid

Clipper Nation
08-24-2015, 11:02 PM
OP, how do you feel about choking on so much cock?

RD2191
08-24-2015, 11:06 PM
OP, how do you feel about choking on so much cock?

:lmao

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-24-2015, 11:42 PM

I feel like you and Rob Diaz butt Fuck each other. Am I right faggot?

daslicer
08-25-2015, 12:58 AM
LMA is a guy who is natural scorer and can score 20 plus consistently while Kawhi is not a gifted natural scorer on the same level as LMA. Consistency has always been an issue with Kawhi. Even when he won finals MVP the first two games of series he was crap but the final 3 games he went on a tear. This year in the playoffs Kawhi was great the first 4 games and then was garbage the last 3 games. I feel confident in LMA's abilities to show up offensively in a 7 game series more so than Kawhi. I just feel better not having to rely on Kawhi's inconsistent scoring knowing the spurs have a go to guy in LMA to keep the offense from sputtering.

szkorhetz
08-25-2015, 01:22 AM
LMA is a guy who is natural scorer and can score 20 plus consistently while Kawhi is not a gifted natural scorer on the same level as LMA. Consistency has always been an issue with Kawhi. Even when he won finals MVP the first two games of series he was crap but the final 3 games he went on a tear. This year in the playoffs Kawhi was great the first 4 games and then was garbage the last 3 games. I feel confident in LMA's abilities to show up offensively in a 7 game series more so than Kawhi. I just feel better not having to rely on Kawhi's inconsistent scoring knowing the spurs have a go to guy in LMA to keep the offense from sputtering.

YGWHI
08-25-2015, 01:23 AM

Despite Aldridge's great numbers in regular season, his offensive efficiency was garbage in every playoffs series of his career. Having him on the team will work for both, LMA and Kawhi. Kawhi didn't have help of Parker, Manu, Green, when he struggled offensively in those three games, now when LMA has a bad night Kawhi will be there, and vice versa.

BG_Spurs_Fan
08-25-2015, 05:56 AM
This is probably gonna turn into a troll tread,...

The Aldridge signing gives the Spurs a proven(even if worse than kawhi) offensive player that can take on the offensive load ...

Yeah you've successfully turned it into a troll thread. :bobo

hater
08-25-2015, 06:49 AM

We got bounced in the first round with kawhi as the 1st option

hater
08-25-2015, 06:52 AM

Truth Korean loudspeaker barrage :wow

dabom
08-25-2015, 08:15 AM
Porker playing for the other team. Lmao.

Kidd K
08-25-2015, 08:21 AM

Pippen was better at most things though imo

He's talent is in-between of Pippen and Luol Deng I'd say. Closer to Deng

TheGreatYacht
08-25-2015, 08:33 AM
Pippen was better at most things though imo

He's talent is in-between of Pippen and Luol Deng I'd say. Closer to Deng
Pippen's passing is forgotten over here, tbh. Never thought of Luol but you're right now that you mentioned it, obviously he'll get better but that's who he is right now offensively. Not a 1st option yet and Pop knows it.

daslicer
08-25-2015, 08:49 AM
Pippen's passing is forgotten over here, tbh. Never thought of Luol but you're right now that you mentioned it, obviously he'll get better but that's who he is right now offensively. Not a 1st option yet and Pop knows it.

Pippen's passing was on the same level as Lebron's that's how great of a passer he was. Pippen was the defacto PG in the bulls triangle offense. The phrase point forward was coined after Pippen's great play-making skills.

RD2191
08-25-2015, 09:05 AM
I feel like you and Rob Diaz butt Fuck each other. Am I right faggot?

I feel like you are a broke ass bitch, am I right?

RD2191
08-25-2015, 09:06 AM
Porker playing for the other team. Lmao.

keeferob25
08-25-2015, 09:39 AM
Pippen's passing was on the same level as Lebron's that's how great of a passer he was. Pippen was the defacto PG in the bulls triangle offense. The phrase point forward was coined after Pippen's great play-making skills.

Eh...I have to respectfully disagree. I really do DESPISE everything Lebron and I looove Pippen (I appreciate Pippen MUCH more than Jordan actually...never been a Jordan lover), but Pippen's passing was not on Lebron's level. Pippen was an excellent facilitator and passer...elite alltime for his position. But Pippen is moreso the prototypical point-forward (a true forward who has the unique skillset to get away with running/facilitating an offense)...Lebron is more a true PG masquerading as a small forward because he has the clear body type. Lebron's vision, set-up ability and quality of passes is better than Pippen's was. Though Pippen was STELLAR at all three.

Ignignokt
08-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Sure, but once Matt GODbarnes retires, we may see kawhi ascend into number 1 in our offense.

DarrinS
08-25-2015, 02:49 PM
Parkertard starts thread about LMA and her third word is kiwitard

Jimmy Early
08-25-2015, 03:14 PM

The term Point Forward was coined for Paul Pressey at Milwaukee, actually.

daslicer
08-25-2015, 03:21 PM
The term Point Forward was coined for Paul Pressey at Milwaukee, actually.

Interesting I just looked him up and see that he played most of his career during the 80's. I didn't start watching basketball until the early 90's. So he was a little bit before my time. I don't dispute what you are saying but I will say Pippen popularized the phrase Point Forward during the 90's.

SquawkinHawkBigCock
08-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Korean loudspeaker barrage :wow

Brazil
08-25-2015, 03:48 PM
:lol not sure about that but LMA is quite an alpha... He urges Spurs to give him the jersey he wants, he made it clear he won't play center oh and btw no way his scoring suffer from playing with Spurs system

dabom
08-25-2015, 03:52 PM
so alpha he had to jump ships. :lmao

keeferob25
08-25-2015, 04:39 PM

Duncan nearly went to Orlando the very same summer he won the championship...just saying.

Hoops Czar
08-25-2015, 04:45 PM

You're account is obsolete now. Better stick to your play Jimmer troll account until he gets cut outright 4 rings faggot.

dabom
08-25-2015, 05:06 PM
Duncan nearly went to Orlando the very same summer he won the championship...just saying.

Did he though? O and he was a champion already. Just saying.

keeferob25
08-25-2015, 05:35 PM
Did he though? O and he was a champion already. Just saying.

No but your original statement was ridiculous in that you clearly meant for it to mean that Aldridge isn't an alpha because he decided to change teams...which again is completely stupid. Duncan won a championship "as the alpha" and yet STILL had strong interest in changing teams...why? Because there are OTHER reasons for players to want to change teams and not have it, stupidly, mean that they aren't "alpha" enough.

dabom
08-25-2015, 05:46 PM
No but your original statement was ridiculous in that you clearly meant for it to mean that Aldridge isn't an alpha because he decided to change teams...which again is completely stupid. Duncan won a championship "as the alpha" and yet STILL had strong interest in changing teams...why? Because there are OTHER reasons for players to want to change teams and not have it, stupidly, mean that they aren't "alpha" enough.

Shut up faggot. You make no sense. :lmao

spursistan
08-25-2015, 06:02 PM
Real talk: you would be lying to yourself if you don't consider LMA dithering on choosing between SA or Pheonix; his quasi-stipulation to not play the C; his open concerns about numbers/shots and his unretiring of Bowen jersey as not some sort of red flag relative to what the San Antonio Spurs has been all about since the Tim Duncan era began ..You would still take him, but that's something to note..

All Mighty Janitor
08-25-2015, 06:43 PM

There were all sorts of problems with the team in the playoffs (not just Kawhi in games 5-7) so I'm not gonna pretend its all his fault. But all that is beside the point cuz I'm not even talking about last year. I'm just saying that with some improvement in his passing and ball handling (so he can operate out of the pick-and-roll) Kawhi will be a serviceable number one option(in the spurs motion offence).

All Mighty Janitor
08-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Yeah you've successfully turned it into a troll thread. :bobo

How? Because I think Kawhi can be an as good or better offensive player than LaMarcus next year?

YGWHI
08-25-2015, 07:29 PM

A double standard requires equal, similar situations. That isn't the case here.

LMA says "I would have signed with the Suns, if the Spurs wouldn't have told me they would maintain my points and invididual stats"

When we hear Kawhi saying "I would have signed an offer with other team if the Spurs wouldn't have told me that I'd get more touches to score more points and run for the MVP"?

Kawhi didn't demand anything about his own stats.
He didn't say "Pop you should give him the opportunity to continue improving offensively, give me more touches, play me more minutes, or I will sign an offer with other team and ruin your plans to land a top free agent".

Remember if Kawhi would have signed an offer with other team forcing the Spurs to match that offer, they couldn't have signed Aldridge.
But Kawhi worked for the team.

I've said before it's understandable that LMA wants his shots, I want he gets his shots too.

But it's annoying, almost like prima donna LMA saying "I had my doubts about the Spurs, one of the best coaches in NBA history, the best PF in NBA history, the most successful Big 3 in NBA history, the 2014 FMVP and 2015 DPOY, the shooter-record-most 3-pointers in Finals history....because my points per game".

DJR210
08-25-2015, 08:19 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/423/672/667.gif

Seventyniner
08-25-2015, 08:23 PM
#1 option on offense is not the same as being the alpha. Tim is the alpha until he retires.

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-25-2015, 09:19 PM
I feel like you are a broke ass bitch, am I right?

Wrong again faggot

spurslegacy
08-26-2015, 01:35 AM
wtf are you talking about? kawhi is gonna be kawhi and that's going to be amazing. he's gonna be a top ten player in the league really soon but he's not there yet... Tony, Manu and Timmy will essentially be roleplayers to Kawhi and Aldridge, and LMA's ridiculous shot making ability in crunch time will allow the Claw to maximize his defensive abilities, and simultaneously grow incrementally into a true offensive beast... we saw in this last run he wasn't QUITE ready for that Alpha role. I think both Kawhi and Lamarcus are smart and mature enough to understand all this, and are okay with sacrifice as long as they win the chip.

As a non player fan of course I'm pretty pleased tbqh we did go out in the first round last year.

hater
08-26-2015, 08:35 AM
Well one guy HAS to become the Alpha. 2 Betas cannot win a ship. At least its extremely unlikely.

Kidd K
08-26-2015, 09:02 AM

Yep, Kawhi is like a better Deng, not Pippen. Pippen also had better handles and athleticism.

I do want to say though, I think Deng was good and underrated. I don't exactly mean it as an insult. :)

apalisoc_9
08-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Kidd K.

kobyz
08-26-2015, 10:17 AM
Yep, Kawhi is like a better Deng, not Pippen. Pippen also had better handles and athleticism.

I do want to say though, I think Deng was good and underrated. I don't exactly mean it as an insult. :)

I don't sure pseoduDpoy is as talanted as healthy focus Deng offensively, also Deng is a better LeBron stopper...

dabom
08-26-2015, 10:18 AM
I don't sure pseoduDpoy is as talanted as healthy focus Deng offensively, also Deng is a better LeBron stopper...

Chicago :lmao

kobyz
08-26-2015, 10:22 AM

Alt username :lmao

SuperCam
08-26-2015, 10:26 AM

I didn't know they had wifi in apo' asshole

dabom
08-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Most of ya ain't even Spurs fans. :lmao

SquawkinHawkBigCock
08-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Most of ya ain't even Spurs fans. :lmaoWhen fans of teams league wide recognize you're a faggot :lmao

apalisoc_9
08-26-2015, 03:37 PM
dabom living rent free...:lol

These losers getting pounded by dabom left and rigth. :lmao

Ignignokt
08-26-2015, 04:38 PM
dabom living rent free...:lol

These losers getting pounded by dabom left and rigth. :lmao

Ling ling, the only thing that's going to recieve a pounding from randos is your ladyboy pussy.

Kuvai
08-26-2015, 06:37 PM
There is only one ALPHA in this team and that is TIM freaking DUNCAN.
Kawhi and LMA are BETAS on this team and will put their 100% efforts to win the Championship.
And Of course there is PORKER always trying to ruin the championship with his Shitty defense and Selfish plays. Better push him to bench and move MILLS to starting lineup, if we would like to win any championship.

apalisoc_9
08-26-2015, 06:39 PM
Kawhi and LMA are BETAS on this team and will put their 100% efforts to win the Championship.
And Of course there is PORKER always trying to ruin the championship with his Shitty defense and Selfish plays. Better push him to bench and move MILLS to starting lineup, if we would like to win any championship.

:wow

dabom
08-26-2015, 06:40 PM

Porker. :lol

BD24
08-26-2015, 06:42 PM

apalisoc_9
08-26-2015, 06:46 PM
dabom is about to take the truth bomb spurstalk poster of all time from me..:depressed

I gotta keep up.

Nigga dropping truth bombs left and right on all these porker fans

TheGreatYacht
08-26-2015, 06:46 PM
Damn. Even new posters putting you on check Dabom :lmao

dabom
08-26-2015, 06:48 PM
dabom is about to take the truth bomb spurstalk poster of all time from me..:depressed

I gotta keep up.

Nigga dropping truth bombs left and right on all these porker fans

dabom
08-26-2015, 06:49 PM

I don't reply to bad takes tbh. It's the offseason.

dabom
08-26-2015, 06:49 PM

You tried. :lol

DarrinS
08-26-2015, 06:50 PM

Yeah, as if that new account isn't one of you Parkertards. :rolleyes

That person knows soo much about their team that they didn't even bother with the correct basketball team name.

hater
08-26-2015, 06:57 PM
"Lots of tears and anger here." - Matt Barnes

dabom
08-26-2015, 06:59 PM
"I outplayed Lebron James to a Championship" - Kawhi

"Good job Kawhi" - Tim

Kuvai
08-26-2015, 07:00 PM
Its funny how these PORKTARDS took LMA side immediately after SPURS signed him.

They want this signing badly since they know they were labelled as BUFFOON by the world for Supporting NON SPUR'sque PORKY all these years.

Now I get it the reason behind LMA's building new house. It's to provide shelter for all these PORKTARD'S to hide inside his shoes. Of course that shitty smell inside his shoes is the punishment for supporting selfish and cancer PORKER last couple of years... :lol

hater
08-26-2015, 07:07 PM
We need an Alpha to at least advance to round 2 of the playoffs tbh.

TheGreatYacht
08-26-2015, 07:08 PM

They want this signing badly since they know they were labelled as BUFFOON by the world for Supporting NON SPUR'sque PORKY all these years.

Now I get it the reason behind LMA's building new house. It's to provide shelter for all these PORKTARD'S to hide inside his shoes. Of course that shitty smell inside his shoes is the punishment for supporting selfish and cancer PORKER last couple of years... :lol
Wtf did I just read? :rollin

"How dare these guys like LMA, a member of the Spurs!" :madrun

DarrinS
08-26-2015, 07:12 PM
"Lots of tears and anger here." - Matt Barnes

I knew it was you :lol

SuperCam
08-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Yeah, as if that new account isn't one of you Parkertards. :rolleyes

That person knows soo much about their team that they didn't even bother with the correct basketball team name.

Blame kori for that, tbh

SuperCam
08-26-2015, 07:20 PM

At least Bill Parker didn't give a chip away

dabom
08-26-2015, 07:20 PM
Blame kori for that, tbh

SuperCam
08-26-2015, 07:26 PM

Not all of us are parkerstans. In fact it's important to have unbiased, objective outside fans like me who can bring the truth when spursfan homers and playerfans try and spread their agenda. You can send me your thanks later :toast

08-26-2015, 09:17 PM
/thread

hater
08-28-2015, 05:51 AM
Not all of us are parkerstans. In fact it's important to have unbiased, objective outside fans like me who can bring the truth when spursfan homers and playerfans try and spread their agenda. You can send me your thanks later :toast

Unbiased opinions are scarce around here :tu

Glad some of us keep this site afloat and real :tu

exstatic
08-28-2015, 07:03 AM

As great as Pippen was, the phrase "point forward" was coined for Paul Pressey when he was with the Bucks in the 1980s.

hater
08-28-2015, 08:15 AM
Why are the words point forward and kawhi in the same thread????

Spurtacular
08-28-2015, 08:31 AM
As great as Pippen was, the phrase "point forward" was coined for Paul Pressey when he was with the Bucks in the 1980s.

Possibly the most under-rated team in NBA history; early 80s Bucks.

YGWHI
08-28-2015, 10:05 AM

Horrible take. Explain me how Kawhi was the 1st option?

He wasn't it in the regular season: Parker 832 FGA 24.5 Usg% Kawhi 822 FGA 23 Usg%

Tim took more shots in game 2 and 7 than Kawhi, Tony did the same in game 7.

So Kawhi was the #1 option in what? 4 playoffs games? How he was the #1 option if he took less shots in all the season and had lower usage percentage?

hater
08-28-2015, 10:21 AM
2 words. Matt fucking Barnes

YGWHI
08-28-2015, 10:39 AM
2 words. Matt fucking Barnes

I don't get this...Mat Barnes is a coach? He gave Kawhi more touches during all the season, call more plays for him to be #first option? Since Kawhi wasn't it...

3 words. You sorry fuck.

hater
08-28-2015, 11:30 AM
Can't pass the ball to a guy that's completely neutralized.

hater
08-28-2015, 11:34 AM
He wasn't even double teamed.

Math fucking barbes single coverage. Smdh

YGWHI
08-28-2015, 11:35 AM
Can't pass the ball to a guy that's completely neutralized.

He was completely neutralized all season?

He wasn't the first option stupid hater

kaji157
08-28-2015, 11:38 AM

No problem, call it "the Tim Duncan sympthom" but i am just more comfortable with the game starting of a big man who commands double teams.

YGWHI
08-28-2015, 11:43 AM
He wasn't even double teamed.

Math fucking barbes single coverage. Smdh

When you think no one could possibly be so stupid as to believe this, then...hater.

hater
08-28-2015, 11:55 AM
He was completely neutralized all season?

He wasn't the first option stupid hater

No dumbass. I'm talking about round 1. The one we lost

dabom
08-28-2015, 11:57 AM

Did you see porker play? :lmao

SuperCam
08-28-2015, 12:00 PM
Did you see porker play? :lmao

why do you use that same emoticon every time you post? does the cum from your apo butt sessions cause it to stick?

dabom
08-28-2015, 12:01 PM
why do you use that same emoticon every time you post? does the cum from your apo butt sessions cause it to stick?

chicago :lmao

YGWHI
08-28-2015, 12:09 PM

So you're agreeing with me, he was the first option in only 4 games of all the season, casually he played great those games... Well done hater :toast

hater
08-28-2015, 12:19 PM
He got shutdown by matt Barnes.

You can spin it all you want but at the end of the day it wasn't the coaches decision to go away from Kawhi.

But if you wanna go ahead and believe Pop purposefully strategized to not allow Kawhi to shoot :rolleyes

dabom
08-28-2015, 12:20 PM

You can spin it all you want but at the end of the day it wasn't the coaches decision to go away from Kawhi.

But if you wanna go ahead and believe Pop purposefully strategized to not allow Kawhi to shoot :rolleyes

That was just porker being enrique tbh. :lmao

SuperCam
08-28-2015, 12:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iBRTiKZ.gif

Kawhi hits this and spurs probably go on to ring. he let 35 y/o matt barnes say otherwise. :nope

YGWHI
08-28-2015, 12:43 PM

Of course...it was Pop strategy that Kawhi becomes into first option why he wasn't it in all season?

Why other player took more shots and have higher usage percentage?

hater
08-28-2015, 01:38 PM
Lol comparing regular season stats to playoffs

dabom
08-28-2015, 02:02 PM
Lol comparing regular season stats to playoffs

Allstar vs FMVP :lmao

YGWHI
08-28-2015, 02:07 PM
Allstar vs FMVP :lmao

SAGirl
08-28-2015, 10:57 PM

Kawhi hits this and spurs probably go on to ring. he let 35 y/o matt barnes say otherwise. :nope
It looks like if you passed it to Marco who was on fire in that series instead of going with the Kawhi alley oop, Spurs might have won it.

SAGirl
08-28-2015, 11:11 PM
When you think no one could possibly be so stupid as to believe this, then...hater.

A double standard requires equal, similar situations. That isn't the case here.

LMA says "I would have signed with the Suns, if the Spurs wouldn't have told me they would maintain my points and invididual stats"

When we hear Kawhi saying "I would have signed an offer with other team if the Spurs wouldn't have told me that I'd get more touches to score more points and run for the MVP"?

Kawhi didn't demand anything about his own stats.
He didn't say "Pop you should give him the opportunity to continue improving offensively, give me more touches, play me more minutes, or I will sign an offer with other team and ruin your plans to land a top free agent".

Remember if Kawhi would have signed an offer with other team forcing the Spurs to match that offer, they couldn't have signed Aldridge.
But Kawhi worked for the team.

I've said before it's understandable that LMA wants his shots, I want he gets his shots too.

But it's annoying, almost like prima donna LMA saying "I had my doubts about the Spurs, one of the best coaches in NBA history, the best PF in NBA history, the most successful Big 3 in NBA history, the 2014 FMVP and 2015 DPOY, the shooter-record-most 3-pointers in Finals history....because my points per game".
Not exactly what he said, but you can spin it however you want. To me it seems that Lamarcus is a scorer, he's good at it while being guarded always by the other team's best defensive player and he creates his own opportunities and opens up opportunities for others with his aggressiveness. If you are signing him to not have him do what he does best, it will be a disappointing situation for all involved. So we should be glad that both Pop recognized that fact and that he will seek to maximize what a big man being paid a vet max Kim him can do for the team. Tim at his age was still producing big time and getting a ton of opportunities to shoot. You can't expect Lamarcus still in his prime to play as a roleplayer.

Kawhi is a reserved young man who avoids media like a plague, yet I distinctly recall last year he said he wanted more minutes and and an increased role when the media pressured him about his expected role after a dominant finals performance. This year he has ambitions to be an all-star and MVP. I Am not criticizing Kawhi, so much as I am explaining that you can't expect talented young guys in their best years to not have ambitions. The big 3 also had their own career years. Tim was MVP, all 3 were all-stars, etc. They ha prominent and featured roles an high usage some years. They have now stepped into diminished roles out of necessity because of decline. You can't judge Lamarcus or Kawhi based on the big 3 at this stage. My point about Kawhi is not that he is wrong. He should want to be the best and so should Lamarcus TBH. If they were bringing him here to defer to Tim that was nit th place for him. H is a hungry guy an at this stage of his career he wants th burden to put up shots. Spurs were perfectly fine with that because they need that. Like Udoka said Tim is old. The RS is sometimes a real grind and burden. Spurs needed exactly what Lamarcus provides.

TheGreatYacht
08-28-2015, 11:13 PM
It looks like if you passed it to Marco who was on fire in that series instead of going with the Kawhi alley oop, Spurs might have won it.
Gonna miss Ferrari :pctoss

Chinook
08-29-2015, 06:42 AM

Beli wasn't open. Kawhi was the most open, but the lob took too long to get there. Had Diaw faked to Kawhi then bulleted the pass to Marco, maybe.

kaji157
08-29-2015, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=SAGirl;8176436]

Beli wasn't open. Kawhi was the most open, but the lob took too long to get there. Had Diaw faked to Kawhi then bulleted the pass to Marco, maybe.

The play was shit, plain and simple.

SAGirl
08-29-2015, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=SAGirl;8176436]

That was what I noticed. Kawhi rolling to the paint would have been a better decoy play as it left Marco wide open and he had been on fire. Of course b4 there was player movement on th play everyone was guarded, but after Kawhi rolled Marco's man helped leaving Marco wide open.

Chinook
08-29-2015, 05:18 PM
That was what I noticed. Kawhi rolling to the paint would have been a better decoy play as it left Marco wide open and he had been on fire. Of course b4 there was player movement on th play everyone was guarded, but after Kawhi rolled Marco's man helped leaving Marco wide open.

Yeah, but Barnes moves after Diaw throws the ball. He didn't just take off. So Diaw would have had to physically pumpfake before delivering the pass.

All Mighty Janitor
02-15-2016, 05:45 PM
Another mid-season bump. Discuss if your bored like me...

I think it's pretty safe to to that this is Kawhi's team, but should it be?

Silver&Black
02-15-2016, 07:00 PM
:claw > :lma

skulls138
02-15-2016, 08:43 PM
Why do you motherfuckers constantly talk in terms of ownership and alpha this, alpha that. I mean holy fuck, shut the fuck up. Do you guys need someone to dominate you for you to be worth a shit? Sounds like it.

Kawhi was here first, works his ass off, does the dirty work and has taken off like a rocket. Having said that Kawhi is better as a garbage man, getting points and other stats in many ways. He can get 30 points without getting alot of set plays. LMA is different simply by the position he plays. Unlike, Kawhi, hes too tall to dribble down the court and make his own play, he needs to be fed the ball in the post or p-n-r's or whatever. Its about fitting pieces of the puzzle not feeding egos...

SAGirl
02-15-2016, 09:29 PM
It's both guy's. These past few games without Timmy and Manu we kept winning bc both guys came up big and Patty got hot to kept the bench afloat.

bic50
02-15-2016, 09:35 PM
Why do you motherfuckers constantly talk in terms of ownership and alpha this, alpha that. I mean holy fuck, shut the fuck up. Do you guys need someone to dominate you for you to be worth a shit? Sounds like it.

Kawhi was here first, works his ass off, does the dirty work and has taken off like a rocket. Having said that Kawhi is better as a garbage man, getting points and other stats in many ways. He can get 30 points without getting alot of set plays. LMA is different simply by the position he plays. Unlike, Kawhi, hes too tall to dribble down the court and make his own play, he needs to be fed the ball in the post or p-n-r's or whatever. Its about fitting pieces of the puzzle not feeding egos...
:toast

G-Dawgg
02-15-2016, 11:00 PM
Aldridge is a more polished scorer than Kawhi. Kawhi's game has evolved by leaps and bounds this season, however Aldridge has been a go-to scorer for years. It doesn't surprise me that he's been the first option a lot lately. As of now, Aldridge is still the more proven scorer. As far as being handed the team? I think that's a stretch.
-Let the hating commence.

dabom
02-15-2016, 11:06 PM
Kawhi shooting 62TS% and doesn't go down with volume. Easily gets you 30 ppg if you increase his minutes. Been the first option and best option the whole season. Proven scorer vs great competition int he playoffs. You clowns. :lmao

G-Dawgg
02-15-2016, 11:13 PM
Atm, that's just one season (more like 1/2 a season sample) vs LaMarcus' whole career of being a proven scorer in the league. I'm not saying Kawhi is not a superstar. But Aldridge is also a proven star with a more polished and proven offensive game at this point. Who's the clown?

bic50
02-15-2016, 11:19 PM
Atm, that's just one season (more like 1/2 a season sample) vs LaMarcus' whole career of being a proven scorer in the league. I'm not saying Kawhi is not a superstar. But Aldridge is also a proven star with a more polished and proven offensive game at this point. Who's the clown?

Why not wait until kawhi is at the end of his career?

G-Dawgg
02-15-2016, 11:21 PM
Why not wait until kawhi is at the end of his career?

That's a much better argument. But as of now Aldridge is still the more polished scorer.

rmt
02-15-2016, 11:24 PM
Kawhi shooting 62TS% and doesn't go down with volume. Easily gets you 30 ppg if you increase his minutes. Been the first option and best option the whole season. Proven scorer vs great competition int he playoffs. You clowns. :lmao

I think his defense would suffer if you increase minutes and expect proportional scoring.

bic50
02-15-2016, 11:33 PM
That's a better arguement. But as of now Aldridge is still the more polished scorer.

By default you mean?

dabom
02-15-2016, 11:34 PM
I think his defense would suffer if you increase minutes and expect proportional scoring.

And the offense is worse when he ain't involved. What about it?

dabom
02-15-2016, 11:35 PM
Why do people think sometimes our first quarters suck vs good competition? It's because we are running the tony parker show in the first. Come on guys. Watch more Spurs basketball.

All Mighty Janitor
02-15-2016, 11:40 PM

This is what I was thinking before the season started but with Kawhi having such a high ceiling I thought and still think it's important to give him the ball so we can see what he does. So far so good, but I still have my concerns. Kawhi is more efficient than LMA, but hasn't shown he is able to take defenders off the dribble to create for teammates (consistently). He also not a volume scorer partly because he hasn't been drawing a lot of fouls as well as his (relatively) weak off-the-dribble game. I still think he can put it all together so I don't think things should change.

TheGreatYacht
02-15-2016, 11:50 PM
Aldridge is a more polished scorer than Kawhi. Kawhi's game has evolved by leaps and bounds this season, however Aldridge has been a go-to scorer for years. It doesn't surprise me that he's been the first option a lot lately. As of now, Aldridge is still the more proven scorer. As far as being handed the team? I think that's a stretch.
-Let the hating commence.

skulls138
02-16-2016, 11:50 AM
This is what I was thinking before the season started but with Kawhi having such a high ceiling I thought and still think it's important to give him the ball so we can see what he does. So far so good, but I still have my concerns. Kawhi is more efficient than LMA, but hasn't shown he is able to take defenders off the dribble to create for teammates (consistently). He also not a volume scorer partly because he hasn't been drawing a lot of fouls as well as his (relatively) weak off-the-dribble game. I still think he can put it all together so I don't think things should change.Dont forget his defense and rebounding and that he is a spot up three point shooter. I know you havent really forgotten but no one is mr everything, even Jordan. He can improve in the areas you talk about but its almost better if he isnt a Lebron James, it gives room for the other teammates to contribute.

Mnky
02-16-2016, 08:52 PM
Still undefeated with lma leading the way. Think it's a better fit for him to get more looks, as it doesn't take as much as toll on Kawhi to over think forcing things and mess with other parts of his game. Will help his development.

dabom
02-16-2016, 09:01 PM
Still undefeated with lma leading the way. Think it's a better fit for him to get more looks, as it doesn't take as much as toll on Kawhi to over think forcing things and mess with other parts of his game. Will help his development.

If he only showed up vs the good teams now...

Mnky
02-16-2016, 09:23 PM

Undefeated when leading the team. He can't decide when Kawhi or Parker want to hero ball TBH.

dabom
02-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Undefeated when leading the team. He can't decide when Kawhi or Parker want to hero ball TBH.

Can't score vs good teams. Can score a lot of points vs bad teams. Do you get he hint?

Mnky
02-16-2016, 09:29 PM
Can't score vs good teams. Can score a lot of points vs bad teams. Do you get he hint?

Undefeated when leading the team. He can't decide when Kawhi or Parker decide to not pass the ball. He doesn't bring it downcourt TBH.

dabom
02-16-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm not gonna go in circles with you. You either get it or you don't. Context is everything. :lmao

bic50
02-16-2016, 09:54 PM
Undefeated when leading the team. He can't decide when Kawhi or Parker decide to not pass the ball. He doesn't bring it downcourt TBH.

How do we know who's leading when? For some people here kawhi is the leader of the team only when we lose.

All Mighty Janitor
02-17-2016, 12:52 AM

I think this is more of a product of the flow of the offence. When the offensive flow is there, LMA can get easier shots. If the offence is stalling, the ball will find Kawhi more because he can score in more ways than LMA. Also, if LMA has a favorable match up, he will get a lot of touches because kawhi can play off-ball equally well as with the ball in his hands. And if LMA plays bad the ball funnels to Kawhi; even though Kawhi will score he will take away from the flow of the offence because he's not an advanced playmaker.

My point is LMA plays well because the Spurs play well and when he has a particularly favorable match up; Kawhi can always play well so when LMA scores so does Kawhi, thus were more likely to win. It's like saying when Danny scores over 14 points were undefeated (just a hypothetical.) It doesn't mean we should feed LMA every game.

G-Dawgg
02-17-2016, 02:10 AM
:sleep

Mnky
02-17-2016, 07:32 AM
I think this is more of a product of the flow of the offence. When the offensive flow is there, LMA can get easier shots. If the offence is stalling, the ball will find Kawhi more because he can score in more ways than LMA. Also, if LMA has a favorable match up, he will get a lot of touches because kawhi can play off-ball equally well as with the ball in his hands. And if LMA plays bad the ball funnels to Kawhi; even though Kawhi will score he will take away from the flow of the offence because he's not an advanced playmaker.

My point is LMA plays well because the Spurs play well and when he has a particularly favorable match up; Kawhi can always play well so when LMA scores so does Kawhi, thus were more likely to win. It's like saying when Danny scores over 14 points were undefeated (just a hypothetical.) It doesn't mean we should feed LMA every game.

Those are good points. I think LMA playing well effects the team more than the team effects him tho. It could easily go either way, but more often than not, his ability to create offense seems to take a lot of pressure off of others, especially since lots of his shots are bail out shots on the offense stifling and running out of shot clock.

As far as the Danny Green comparison, we all know Danny has under performed. When he performs to his ability it helps the team, not Danny being helped by the team. He gets looks all the time but it does t help unless he is just playing good, and when he does, it obviously has a positive effect on the whole team. Which would support my view as well. Even though we both know, Danny is more of an off ball scorer who others create for, and not a main focus type player.

Chinook
02-17-2016, 07:38 AM
Reminds me of the Splitter double-digit thing a couple of years ago. LMA is fulfilling his role in the offense. The offense isn't becoming his. Now that he and Green and slotted into their roles, the offense will work better for everyone. Can't wait to see how it looks if Parker and Duncan can get healthy and in shape again.

All Mighty Janitor
02-17-2016, 10:38 AM
Those are good points. I think LMA playing well effects the team more than the team effects him tho. It could easily go either way, but more often than not, his ability to create offense seems to take a lot of pressure off of others, especially since lots of his shots are bail out shots on the offense stifling and running out of shot clock.

As far as the Danny Green comparison, we all know Danny has under performed. When he performs to his ability it helps the team, not Danny being helped by the team. He gets looks all the time but it does t help unless he is just playing good, and when he does, it obviously has a positive effect on the whole team. Which would support my view as well. Even though we both know, Danny is more of an off ball scorer who others create for, and not a main focus type player.

Your right. LMA definitely contributes more to his own success. I was just trying to say his scoring is more of a barometer for wins than Kawhi has been especially since so many more of our losses came at the being of the season when LMA was playing bad/getting use to the system(which is also why I made the Danny comparison). Now that I'm looking at my previous post, I can see that wasn't as clear as I wanted to be; I guess I was tired. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

hater
03-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Reminds me of the Splitter double-digit thing a couple of years ago. LMA i.e. fulfilling his role in the offense. The offense isn't becoming his. Now that he and Green and slotted into their roles, the offense will work better for everyone. Can't wait to see how it looks if Parker and Duncan can get healthy and in shape again.

Another terrible take :lmao

Chinook
03-20-2016, 12:58 PM
Another terrible take :lmao

What do you have against LMA that you'd sabotage him so?

Mnky
03-20-2016, 03:07 PM

If only you'd show up in the official LMA apology thread now..

dabom
03-20-2016, 03:09 PM
If only you'd show up in the official LMA apology thread now..

How? He was playing bad. That was a correct assessment. I never said we should trade him or bench him. I don't need to apologies for my correct assessment.

Mnky
03-20-2016, 03:17 PM
How? He was playing bad. That was a correct assessment. I never said we should trade him or bench him. I don't need to apologies for my correct assessment.

"Yee of little faith." -Big Man in the Sky

Get your cheerleader crew in there too.

dabom
03-20-2016, 03:19 PM
"Yee of little faith." -Big Man in the Sky

Get your cheerleader crew in there too.

I'm still correct. Anyone that jumps ships to find better players is not "alpha".

Mnky
03-20-2016, 03:23 PM
I'm still correct. Anyone that jumps ships to find better players is not "alpha".

:lma wasn't the reason they did so well against the elite? The same teams your crew pegged him as the fall boy? Keep digging. You're taking the L for your doubt. You're taking it and putting it in the "L"MA apology thread.

dabom
03-20-2016, 03:25 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248054

Read the first page brah. :tu

Mnky
03-20-2016, 03:31 PM

Read this page.

Take the L.

dabom
03-20-2016, 03:36 PM
Read this page.

Take the L.

I wanted LMA. LMA or Bust.

He isn't the alpha on the team.

He wasn't showing up vs the good teams.

In no way did I say we got the wrong person or we need to bench LMA. You picked the wrong person to bump brah. :td

Mnky
03-20-2016, 03:43 PM
I wanted LMA. LMA or Bust.

He isn't the alpha on the team.

He wasn't showing up vs the good teams.

In no way did I say we got the wrong person or we need to bench LMA. You picked the wrong person to bump brah. :td

You said he cant show up, not wasn't. Goalposts.

Take the L.

dabom
03-20-2016, 03:49 PM
You said he cant show up, not wasn't. Goalposts.

Take the L.

I said if only he'd show up vs the good teams. Never that "he can't show up". Please stop dude before I call you a faggot.

hater
05-05-2016, 11:29 AM

hater
05-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Why do people think sometimes our first quarters suck vs good competition? It's because we are running the tony parker show in the first. Come on guys. Watch more Spurs basketball.

in2deep
05-05-2016, 07:43 PM

:wow

is this in game 7???

I turned that game off somtime in the 3rd :cry

Brazil
05-06-2016, 08:28 AM
OP is ahead of his time tbh

pgardn
05-06-2016, 08:41 AM
He is not being handed the team. He is now doing what he has already done with Portland. OKC is giving him shots. Daring others to beat us.

And he in no way is the leader. "Handed" the team because he scores...BS. The OP predicts by throwing gumb at passing birds, occasionally the birds eat it. I would describe the OP as an addicted gambler who forgets every losing bet.

cutewizard
05-06-2016, 08:44 AM
basketball is a TEAM game

hater
05-06-2016, 09:26 AM
OP is ahead of his time tbh

Ma brotha