PDA

View Full Version : oh noes militant atheists at it again

Blake
08-25-2015, 04:28 PM
" An atheist group is demanding that publicly funded universities take immediate steps to bar Christian coaches and chaplains from "converting football fields into mission fields."

"The words of coaches and chaplains make clear that their purpose is to instill Christianity in vulnerable young men," the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) says in a new report, titled "Pray to Play."

"Public universities and their employees cannot endorse, promote, or favor religion," the report states. "Yet, many football coaches at public universities bring in chaplains -- often from their own church or even members of their own family -- to prey on and pray with students, with no regard for the rights of those students or the Constitution."These coaches are converting playing fields into mission fields and public universities are doing nothing to halt this breach of trust. They are failing their student athletes."FFRF says the purpose of its report is to "expose this unconstitutional system, encourage universities to fix it, and stimulate further efforts to protect students’ rights of conscience."

The report quotes various team chaplains to make its point that public universities are bankrolling Christian ministers who mix the roles of "coach, parent and minister, all while promoting their personal religion to athletes."FFRF says this is a problem, even if team chaplains aren't on the school's payroll:"

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/atheists-warn-football-coaches-and-chaplains-not-instill-christianity

Blake
08-25-2015, 04:34 PM
Awwwesome response piece:

.... So I read the angry piece of work, “Pray to Play” and came away with a question. Could it be, dear atheists, that you are just angry because people who follow Jesus Christ have a certain calm, a peacefulness about them?

Officially, our public school system has gone so far crazy as to actually believe that teachers and coaches represent the state, and the state cannot condone any religious activity whatsoever.* Even though they have bent the meaning of the First Amendment to mean what it does not mean – instead using a phrase contained in a letter addressed to the Danbury Baptists by Thomas Jefferson as the profound interpretation of the First Amendment.* It is because of this craziness that the atheists who wrote the report are offering legal services to any athlete who is willing to stand up against the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Do you realize how angry and self-loathing you would have to be to actually make it your life’s work to pull people away from peace and goodwill?* I mean, I suppose Satan delights in it, but a human being can only get so angry. And we generally have limits on the amount of time we can handle being angry....

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/jen-kuznicki/atheists-spread-anger-where-there-peace

:lmao

Jen Kuznicki is a wife and mother, seamstress by trade, and American patriot who says, "Now is the time to act."

:lmao :lmao

CosmicCowboy
08-25-2015, 04:40 PM
:lol

That shit really worked at Baylor.

RD2191
08-25-2015, 06:36 PM
OP is a cuck faggot.

Oh, Gee!!
08-27-2015, 10:44 AM
and you just know Obama is going to sign this proposed legislation.

boutons_deux
08-27-2015, 10:50 AM
Air Force Academy is reported to be aggressively, forcefully proselytizing cadets. So much that Jew Mikey Weinstein formed http://ffrf.org/

Have you own damn religion, but don't force it down other peoples' throats.

If all y'all Bible humpers and rednecks think govt sucks now, you have no idea (actually a stupid deficient of imagination) what Christian theocracy would be.

In the extremist, deranged Reconstructionist world view, civil govt has no role. The ONLY authorities are church, family, Bible.

DarrinS
08-27-2015, 11:07 AM
Do you guys cringe watching Obama at the national prayer breakfast?

Should there even by a national prayer breakfast?

Winehole23
08-27-2015, 11:47 AM
if the prayer breakfast makes you cringe, don't watch it.

Blake
08-27-2015, 01:08 PM
Do you guys cringe watching Obama at the national prayer breakfast?

No. You sure do post a lot in these type threads tho. Do you cringe every time one of these threads gets opened or do you get excited?

Should there even by a national prayer breakfast?

it's not a big deal because nobody is forcing anyone to pray, but I think it should be renamed to "faith awareness breakfast" or something like that

DarrinS
08-27-2015, 01:10 PM
it's not a big deal because nobody is forcing anyone to pray, but I think it should be renamed to "faith awareness breakfast" or something like that

Where are people being "forced" to pray?

Blake
08-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Where are people being "forced" to pray?

Elsewhere is irrelevant. It's not there, so there's no cringing.

DarrinS
08-27-2015, 01:16 PM
Elsewhere is irrelevant. It's not there, so there's no cringing.

Not in your OP either.

Blake
08-27-2015, 01:56 PM
Not in your OP either.

I'm not cringing in my op either.