PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Substantial Sanctions: Clippers Fined $250,000 for DeAndre Jordan Debacle

UNT Eagles 2016
08-25-2015, 04:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/13509397/los-angeles-clippers-fined-250k-deandre-jordan-pitch?ex_cid=espnFB

Pretty interesting read

ChumpDumper
08-25-2015, 05:01 PM
Would be worth it at four times the fine.

Mitch
08-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Multiply that by 1000 and you have 1/100 of Balmer's net worth.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-25-2015, 05:41 PM
$25 billion, sounds about right tbh

Venti Quattro
08-25-2015, 06:27 PM
$250,000 is chump change for the Clippers with Ballmer's backing. That's gonna look like a donation to the NBA for hurting Cuban and Chandler's feelings.

They should have been included a trade embargo or no draft picks for an x number of years with that $250,000.

Dex
08-25-2015, 06:44 PM
Isn't this exactly what the majority of the Lakers first pitch to Aldridge was?

Aside from being Kobe's Pau?

Dex
08-25-2015, 06:45 PM
$250,000 is chump change for the Clippers with Ballmer's backing. That's gonna look like a donation to the NBA for hurting Cuban and Chandler's feelings.

They should have been included a trade embargo or no draft picks for an x number of years with that $250,000.

I agree. 250K is a big fine, but its chump change to owners like Ballmer. Just like player fines for flopping, flagrants, and technicals are chump change to 95% of NBA players.

You want to hit teams where it hurts? Start pulling draft picks or dropping game suspensions, and people will start to fall in line.

DMC
08-25-2015, 07:14 PM
You notice the NCAA doesn't just fine colleges for recruiting infractions; it suspends the entire program.

NBA policing itself is cute. Take money from yourself to give to yourself to protect yourself against yourself.

Reck
08-25-2015, 08:08 PM
This shouldn't have been a money penalty at all.

Whether they got fined a dollar or 1 million isn't the point. This infraction goes beyond money. It's ethics.

The NBA should have blocked that signing back with the Clippers and force him to eat his shit with the Mavs. And then suspend head coaches and staff from the Clippers.

hater
08-25-2015, 08:33 PM
Demonkey didn't break any laws or rules. At least not written ones.

I think the reason for the fine is exactly same as reason to fine Pop for resting the guys. Something about conduct detrimental to league business.

Fine shoulda been 1,000,000 dollars thou

Clipper Nation
08-25-2015, 08:43 PM
The NBA should have blocked that signing back with the Clippers and force him to eat his shit with the Mavs. And then suspend head coaches and staff from the Clippers.
DJ's overpaid contract off the books and no more Cock Quitters around to choke away 3-1 series leads? That would be a reward, not a punishment.

Mark Celibate
08-25-2015, 08:45 PM
Penalty is too light considering the negative impacts them Mavs suffered, and it ain't just about roster transaction... the Clippers and Demonkey made Mavs a laughing stock in NBA. Even if you multiply that figure by 1000 it'd still mean nothing to Balmer and the thugs, just like Mitch said.

But still little is better than none. The mount of money isn't the biggest point. The fine, no matter little or much, is an official acknowledgement from the league that it is WRONG to renege on a deal, even a vocal deal. Even though no further punishment is issued, the Clippers will be the people's enemy for many years in NBA imho. It's a moral victory for them Mavs, tbh.

diego
08-25-2015, 08:54 PM
most people are missing that the fine is for offering third party sponsorship in their FA presentation, ie an under the table extra (like everyone assumed the nets did for AK47), which occurred before the entire flip flop saga- that has nothing to do with the fine. for any team that fine is purely symbolic, for ballmer its a joke, and considering the rule they broke is to prevent rich teams from abusing their power, its even harder to comprehend. the penalty should be a cap hit- say 3-4 million, for 5 years. maybe ballmer gave silver a side deal too...

DMC
08-25-2015, 09:05 PM

I think the reason for the fine is exactly same as reason to fine Pop for resting the guys. Something about conduct detrimental to league business.

or thee?

FuzzyLumpkins
08-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Bill Simmons was melting down about this earlier on twitter. Calling for an expose on the Clippers organization.

K...
08-25-2015, 09:25 PM
It doesn't benefit you to fine a team for competition reasons when the crime is essentially douchebaggery.

Isn't this the same amount levied at pop for taking resting players on TV? There seems to be an agreed amount for violations of ethics not listed on the collective bargaining agreement. Very hard to levy sanctions when your rules have to be agreed upon by the owners. More than likely Cuban said eat shit to balmer and they went back to making money from TV.

Also lol at anyone who cites the NCAA as a model authority. That is a cuck organization if you ever saw one.

apalisoc_9
08-25-2015, 10:03 PM
I don't know.

I think re-signing Jordan in itself is a punishment.

But they don't know that because they have a dumbass coach who practice nepotism.

The Mavs dodged a bullet.

apalisoc_9
08-25-2015, 10:06 PM
Should have taken their 2nd round pick tbh. None of these monetary fines ever matter to owners...It's like dropping a dollar...You lose it, and you get over it in a second.

timtonymanu
08-25-2015, 10:17 PM
No need to punish them more. I'm sure the Clippers will have another playoff meltdown this season.

daslicer
08-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Fines don't do anything like everybody else mentioned. Take away a few first round picks from the clippers and then they would feel some pain.

DeRozan m8
08-25-2015, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't expect any better from the Clippers tbh

No morals and ethics, a complete piece of shit, cheating team.

Should have had all its draft picks for the next 3 years taken.

This is like when HSBC launder billions of dollars of drug money and cop a small fine for it.

Corrupt bullshit

m>s
08-26-2015, 12:47 AM
Penalty is too light considering the negative impacts them Mavs suffered, and it ain't just about roster transaction... the Clippers and Demonkey made Mavs a laughing stock in NBA. Even if you multiply that figure by 1000 it'd still mean nothing to Balmer and the thugs, just like Mitch said.

But still little is better than none. The mount of money isn't the biggest point. The fine, no matter little or much, is an official acknowledgement from the league that it is WRONG to renege on a deal, even a vocal deal. Even though no further punishment is issued, the Clippers will be the people's enemy for many years in NBA imho. It's a moral victory for them Mavs, tbh.
Sup brotha, did the picklebreaths have you sweating?

Mark Celibate
08-26-2015, 01:10 AM
picklebreaths have me sweating, why? Only girls who're super hot like the prime Scarlett makes me sweat tbh.

Venti Quattro
08-26-2015, 01:14 AM
No need to punish them more. I'm sure the Clippers will have another playoff meltdown this season.

Agree, but imo the point of the trade/draft embargo or suspension of key personnel is to make them realize how bitch-made they are. And $250,000 isn't going to do it

Venti Quattro
08-26-2015, 01:15 AM
IThis is like when HSBC launder billions of dollars of drug money and cop a small fine for it.

Lol that's deeply embedded in our financial system. These are the banks that our governments are willing to rescue in economic meltdowns. :lol :lol

spurraider21
08-26-2015, 02:24 AM

deandre didnt get fined

DeRozan m8
08-26-2015, 03:28 AM
Lol that's deeply embedded in our financial system. These are the banks that our governments are willing to rescue in economic meltdowns. :lol :lol

And people think the Banks, Corps and higher don't control the govt lmao

Chinook
08-26-2015, 04:24 AM
Misleading title. This has nothing to do with the flip flop. That will be addressed with a rule change. They're getting fined for including third-party endorsements in their original packcage to Jordan. That's barely a crime, since it was going to happen whether the Clips explicated it or not.

m>s
08-26-2015, 10:51 AM
picklebreaths have me sweating, why? Only girls who're super hot like the prime Scarlett makes me sweat tbh.
Nervous because the war almost resumed IMHO

m>s
08-26-2015, 10:53 AM
250k is nothing to the tens of millions they'll make over the next few years in wins and sales. This only encourages people to do this more often, worst that can happen is absolutely nothing.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2015, 06:42 PM
I agree. 250K is a big fine, but its chump change to owners like Ballmer. Just like player fines for flopping, flagrants, and technicals are chump change to 95% of NBA players.

You want to hit teams where it hurts? Start pulling draft picks or dropping game suspensions, and people will start to fall in line.
Exactly. The NFL knows how to hit teams where it hurts. IIRC, the last time an NBA team got that kind of hammer laid down by the league was the Timberwolves in 2000 (a whopping fifteen years ago) who lost their first-round draft picks from 2001-2005, leading to Minnesota being forced to sign washed-up former stars like Cassell and Sprewell to complement Garnett instead of younger talent -- this eventually forced Garnett's hand in finally leaving for the Celtics in 2007.

Hypothetically, I would also be in favor of the game suspensions as well. Give them a five-game suspension, forcing them to forfeit their first five games of the season and play the other 77 games starting the second week of November at 0–5. But that would open up a bunch of new cans of worms in that teams would complain that division/conference rivals got free wins while they didn't, fans would complain about lost home games/chances to see CP3/Blake, cities would get involved, etc. so it really wouldn't be practical at all.

apalisoc_9
08-26-2015, 07:38 PM
Another form of punishment is a no-trade mid season punishment tbh..

That should put teams on their heels.

Mark Celibate
08-26-2015, 09:50 PM
Nervous because the war almost resumed IMHO
fat boy ain't got no guts to mess with the chinks TBH.

m>s
08-26-2015, 09:57 PM
fat boy ain't got no guts to mess with the chinks TBH.
No dude the north and the south were about to fight, don't you chinks support the north tbh? What do the chunks think about Kim Jong un?

Mark Celibate
08-26-2015, 10:04 PM
north is about three times the military presence the south is. mono's brothers ain't no match to fatboy's army tbh. fat boy imho is a spoiled hooligan who likes playing with fire, don't know how other chunks think about him though.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2015, 10:21 PM
north is about three times the military presence the south is. mono's brothers ain't no match to fatboy's army tbh. fat boy imho is a spoiled hooligan who likes playing with fire, don't know how other chunks think about him though.
Idk man, the north is full of liberals who despise war, love Obama, and spit on nationalism and exceptionalism for the US... while the south is mainly gun-loving war hawks, conservatives, and religious stalwarts that believe that it's God's will for America to reign supreme for all of eternity.