PDA

View Full Version : Davis at 250+

KL2
08-28-2015, 02:45 AM
Gained 12lbs of muscle this summer and 30lbs for his career, now weighs 253 at just 22 years old. Maintained his athleticism, explosiveness & agility while getting significantly bigger & stronger, all thanks to eastern bloc training methods...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNbZVIMVAAAax4n.jpg

Pelicans may do some damage next year if healthy, but that's a big if. Davis is still going to will his team to W's though, the west keeps getting stronger, dude is a fucking beast.

Fireball
08-28-2015, 02:48 AM
he is the next big thing after Lebron ... that's for sure

Spurtacular
08-28-2015, 03:04 AM
High leaper like him much more likely to tear an acl/mcl now.

Fireball
08-28-2015, 03:29 AM
always looking on the bright side of things

Robz4000
08-28-2015, 03:35 AM
Best player in the NBA next season tbh, and the Pels got a better coach. Thankfully he still has Eric Gordan and Tyreke Evans as teammates or they'd be a contender.

hater
08-28-2015, 05:54 AM
Lol he wont be another Lebron. He's a rich mans Blake Griffin which puts him squarely top 5 player in the league but he's too big and strong to carry teams to titles. See Admiral led teams.

littlecoyotecoin
08-28-2015, 06:31 AM

Jimmer ligaments remain extremely safe.

tbdog
08-28-2015, 06:49 AM
The guy will be center. People didn't realise that Howard was PF in his first year. I think Cato was the starting center back then. Like Davis, Howard needed a little more weight and body maturity.

Wildcat67
08-28-2015, 06:57 AM
He's squatting 145lbs. Weird.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
08-28-2015, 07:00 AM

Robinson never did, but then of course DRob highest listed weight was 235 lbs. And Shaq never did. And he weighed around 270+ during his Shaq Attack days.

Davis has the body for this. The guy will even be better this year.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
08-28-2015, 07:08 AM
Lol he wont be another Lebron. He's a rich mans Blake Griffin which puts him squarely top 5 player in the league but he's too big and strong to carry teams to titles. See Admiral led teams.

What about Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing/Malone (led their teams to two finals), Duncan (remember he was around 250lb most of his career).

Problem with DRob was that he wasn't strong enough. Players like Malone and Shaq just man handle most of the time, both around or over 260+ most of their careers.

Spurtacular
08-28-2015, 07:47 AM

Check the vertical, son.

Spurtacular
08-28-2015, 07:48 AM
Robinson never did, but then of course DRob highest listed weight was 235 lbs. And Shaq never did. And he weighed around 270+ during his Shaq Attack days.

Davis has the body for this. The guy will even be better this year.

Not saying likely; just saying added risk.

daslicer
08-28-2015, 09:18 AM
Don't give a shit about the extra pounds he's added. This guy has no back to the basket game and that was evident during the playoffs when he couldn't post up Draymond Green. He will put up great numbers but will never win shit in his career unless he leaves New Orleans.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
08-28-2015, 09:24 AM
Don't give a shit about the extra pounds he's added. This guy has no back to the basket game and that was evident during the playoffs when he couldn't post up Draymond Green. He will put up great numbers but will never win shit in his career unless he leaves New Orleans.

People said the same about Robinson. Please, he can win, it just a matter if NO front office can draft smart and build a team around him. He is only 22, he has a lot of time to improve his game. There are just bitter fans on this sight that Davis is going to stay with the Pelicans for 6 more years. I know some where hoping the Spurs could nab him, but that ain't happening.

TheGreatYacht
08-28-2015, 09:41 AM
Trash.

daslicer
08-28-2015, 10:05 AM
People said the same about Robinson. Please, he can win, it just a matter if NO front office can draft smart and build a team around him. He is only 22, he has a lot of time to improve his game. There are just bitter fans on this sight that Davis is going to stay with the Pelicans for 6 more years. I know some where hoping the Spurs could nab him, but that ain't happening.

Honestly I don't see him going to the Spurs if he does leave NO. I think those fans who think he's going to come here are idiots. I do agree with the Robinson comparison in the sense that his game is very similar to Drob granted he is stronger. I feel in general that a 7 fter with out a post up game will have a hard time winning a title as the main guy. I look at guys like Drob,KG,Bosh they all had a few things in common which is they had no post up game and were great jump shooting bigs with super athletic abilities. These 3 guys also couldn't win a championship until they deferred and became second or third options. I feel Davis will probably end up doing the same thing as his career progresses.

monkeypunk
08-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Problem with DRob was that he wasn't strong enough. Players like Malone and Shaq just man handle most of the time, both around or over 260+ most of their careers.

50 was just top heavy (don't skip leg day, kids) so Shaq, Malone and other big butt players could move him around.

littlecoyotecoin
08-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Check the vertical, son.

Oh shit! Jimmer in great danger of ligament tear due to extreme athleticism.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
08-28-2015, 10:31 AM
50 was just top heavy (don't skip leg day, kids) so Shaq, Malone and other big butt players could move him around.

I know. I have met Robinson on several occasion. I am on the bigger built side, comes from the German side of me. I am 5'9" avg around 170 lb and a 34 waist. And DRob waist and legs were smaller than mind. Mind you I have a very strong lower body and great center of gravity and can easily move guys 50 lbs heavier than me. I just don't know why he never added a few more pounds of leg muscle. But like I said, he has a very slender frame, so maybe it was difficult for his body to do so.

YGWHI
08-28-2015, 10:32 AM
If he can stay healthy the next seasons, Davis will dominate the NBA.

He's a rich mans Blake Griffin...

This guy has no back to the basket game and that was evident during the playoffs when he couldn't post up Draymond Green.

First Kawhi and now this...you have a serious problem detecting and judging young talent. One playoffs series career, 22 years old, and these guys talk about him like a finished product.

daslicer
08-28-2015, 10:46 AM
If he can stay healthy the next seasons, Davis will dominate the NBA.

First Kawhi and now this...you have a serious problem detecting and judging young talent. One playoffs series career, 22 years old, and these guys talk about him like a finished product.

At a certain point of time most guys usually don't really get that much better TBH. After 4-5 years in the league guys tend to peak skill wise and the challenge from that point forward is to find a way physically to maintain playing at a high level. So based on that I wouldn't say my evaluations are off. Go look up any players stats and show me a player whose stats significantly differed from year 5-10.

paperboy77
08-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Don't give a shit about the extra pounds he's added. This guy has no back to the basket game and that was evident during the playoffs when he couldn't post up Draymond Green. He will put up great numbers but will never win shit in his career

At least not that way. Dude needs a post up game.

keeferob25
08-28-2015, 10:53 AM
Honestly I don't see him going to the Spurs if he does leave NO. I think those fans who think he's going to come here are idiots. I do agree with the Robinson comparison in the sense that his game is very similar to Drob granted he is stronger. I feel in general that a 7 fter with out a post up game will have a hard time winning a title as the main guy. I look at guys like Drob,KG,Bosh they all had a few things in common which is they had no post up game and were great jump shooting bigs with super athletic abilities. These 3 guys also couldn't win a championship until they deferred and became second or third options. I feel Davis will probably end up doing the same thing as his career progresses.

Yes, historically "tweeners" like those you've mentioned have been notoriously difficult to build a championship team around. Add Dirk to that list as well. These guys ALL preferred their face-up/midrange jump shooting in crunch-time as opposed to the tried and true ability to generate easy opportunities via a dominant back to the basket post up game. It's what has almost always what separated Duncan from his contemporaries ie Garnett, Dirk etc. People always tried to minimize their failures and Duncan's successes by pointing to the very lazy "oh he had better teammates" crap...but was Dirk with billionaire Cuban EVER short on talent? Really? He wasn't...you just couldn't build a traditional squad around them which is much easier with a guy like, Hakeem, Kareem, Shaq and Duncan who were superior post players...you just needed them and shooters essentially. Davis MAY have that same problem. He scored plenty and has immense skill. But his inability to post was glaring in round one. He's still VERY young though. It seems in his makeup to embrace his perimeter skills since his growth spurt situation hasnt afforded him too much transition time...but to me the back to the basket game has to be in one's mental makeup. He has a lot of work to do. But no doubt he has the tools and then some.

SuperCam
08-28-2015, 10:56 AM
squatting 135, pretty faggy tbh:lol

YGWHI
08-28-2015, 11:01 AM
Go look up any players stats and show me a player whose stats significantly differed from year 5-10.
Marc Gasol in postseason.
15 ppg 2.2 ast 4 years as NBA pro
19 ppg 4.5 ast 7 years career

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
08-28-2015, 11:13 AM

Not really, if you look at his position he is just holding the weight in place. That is actually the best way to work fine muscle fibers in you legs and arms. After you lift your reps (do lower weights) and you start to feel the fatigue set in, you hold it for 30 seconds to a minute. It burns like hell. But you will be surprise how much it makes a different in you overall strength.

daslicer
08-28-2015, 11:17 AM
Marc Gasol in postseason.
15 ppg 2.2 ast 4 years as NBA pro
19 ppg 4.5 ast 7 years career

Too bad you didn't put up his NBA regular season averages from his 5th year and from this current season.. Anyways Gasol's 5th year regular season averages which are 14.1 pts on 49 FG percentage, 7.8 rebounds, 1.7 blocks, 4 assists, 1 steal. This season Gasol's averages were 17.4 pts on 49 FG percentage, 7.8 rebounds, 1.6 blocks, 3.8 assists, .9 steal. If you look at the numbers Gasol did increase his scoring but not by a huge jump, his FG percentage and rebounds are same, and the other stats did decrease slightly in the categories of blks, assists, steals. Gasol is basically the same type of player he was skill wise a few years ago. I suspect Kawhi's numbers during the next few years will be similar to this year.

YGWHI
08-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Too bad you didn't put up his NBA regular season averages from his 5th year and from this current season...

My posts was about your comment of Davis playoffs so we're talking about playoffs performances.

KDKSpurs24
08-28-2015, 11:21 AM
It's clearly more than that. Look at the right side and you can see the extra weight on. It's probably around the 200+ range (If the silver ones are 35s then a little more). But he's super tall with long legs so it's more difficult to squat a lot of weight. Also most basketball players do lower weight with higher reps in their weight programs.

YGWHI
08-28-2015, 11:25 AM
I suspect Kawhi's numbers during the next few years will be similar to this year.
If a player have to defer to 2 HoFs like Tim and Tony and then they are gone I wouldn't expect the same numbers.
2017-18 Kawhi stats will be higher than 2015.

Brian Windhorst
08-28-2015, 12:08 PM
He's less scary trying to bulk up to C than he would be perfecting his 3pt shot, dribble drive, and lateral quickness on D.

daslicer
08-28-2015, 12:22 PM
If a player have to defer to 2 HoFs like Tim and Tony and then they are gone I wouldn't expect the same numbers.
2017-18 Kawhi stats will be higher than 2015.

Stop making excuses both Tim and Tony are way past their primes. Kawhi is always going to be player who averages around 16-20 points a game. I think his ceiling at best is scoring 20 points a game but even that will be hard to reach. He'll never be a guy who can score more than 20 consistently since he's not a natural scorer.

YGWHI
08-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Stop making excuses both Tim and Tony are way past their primes. Kawhi is always going to be player who averages around 16-20 points a game.

16-20 is a range? You mean 14-16 or 18-20.

I've said before his 2017-18 stats will be higher than his 16.5 ppg of last season, you say they won't, well, we'll see.

Obstructed_View
08-28-2015, 03:08 PM
he's too big and strong to carry teams to titles. See Admiral led teams.

:lol

Blackjack
08-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Problem with D-Rob was his supporting cast. Give me a teammate that commanded a double, ever. Not even consistently, just throughout the course of a game - not named Tim.

Go.

hater
08-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Admiral was alpha imo but it takes more than alpha. Otherwise most alpha niggas would be champs and that's not the case.

Hell matt Barnes would be a champ.

Problem with eyebrow is the same problem DRob had. Too good in some areas and too lacking in others. Achilles heels kinda iisues

RayTdropout
08-28-2015, 10:34 PM
So your his agent

ThaBigFundamental21
08-29-2015, 03:02 AM

135 would be a 45lb plate on each side. You can see there is also a 35lb plate next to each 45lb plate. So it's actually 205 lbs total including the 45lb bar.

Raven
08-29-2015, 03:08 AM
that is pretty remarkable, congrats to him.

08-29-2015, 04:24 AM
He doesnt post up, what's he bulking up for?

Raven
08-29-2015, 05:46 AM

that's like saying "he can barely run, what is he losing weight for?"

Venti Quattro
08-29-2015, 05:50 AM

Inside contact

callo1
08-29-2015, 03:24 PM
Fantastic player doing it right, not adding too much weight too fast.

Incredible talent. Probably my favorite no Spur in the NBA.

Mnky
08-30-2015, 04:44 AM

Those look like 25s next to it. 185.

Jump training usually consists of many explosive reps, such as 10 sets of 10 reps of 50%-60% of your max squat etc. You try to avoid going heavy too often because of all the strain your legs go through while playing the sport. Having them strained and exhausted does not bode well for high impact landings.

There's so many different techniques out there these days tho, there's no telling. Hes sweating good, so it probably is part of a circuit workout.

Blackjack
08-30-2015, 07:54 AM
D.ROBIONSON IS SOFT MENTALLY

Name me an All-Time great Center that didn't struggle at the free-throw line late through stretches of their career or didn't need to be bailed out by clutch members of their supporting cast, then name the players ROBINSON had that qualified as clutch during his prime.

Boggles the mind how anyone who actually lived through David's prime could not only dismiss his accomplishments with what he was surrounded with, but also not see the era he played in and the quality of teams his contemporaries had to go up against him.

Lame, ESPN-type of take, son.

phxspurfan
08-30-2015, 12:53 PM

I think that's 205 actually (2x45, 2x35, 45lb bar)

lefty20
08-30-2015, 06:18 PM
Lol leg days
what a pussy

Obstructed_View
08-31-2015, 06:02 PM
Problem with eyebrow is the same problem DRob had. Too good in some areas and too lacking in others. Achilles heels kinda iisues

So like teammates then? Other than that, I'd absolutely love to hear this list of lacking areas in Robinson's game.

Obstructed_View
08-31-2015, 06:03 PM
The best 4 Center in 90s,David is the the worst one
DREAM > SHAQ > EWING > NAVY
HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO IS FAIL TO LEAD HIS TEAM TO FINALS
:lmao and plonk goes the troll.

tholdren
08-31-2015, 08:14 PM
Gained 12lbs of muscle this summer and 30lbs for his career, now weighs 253 at just 22 years old. Maintained his athleticism, explosiveness & agility while getting significantly bigger & stronger, all thanks to eastern bloc training methods...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNbZVIMVAAAax4n.jpg

Pelicans may do some damage next year if healthy, but that's a big if. Davis is still going to will his team to W's though, the west keeps getting stronger, dude is a fucking beast.
Weighs 250 Squats 205.... Get out of here with that garbage. Davis meet David West.

tholdren
08-31-2015, 08:18 PM
Those look like 25s next to it. 185.

Jump training usually consists of many explosive reps, such as 10 sets of 10 reps of 50%-60% of your max squat etc. You try to avoid going heavy too often because of all the strain your legs go through while playing the sport. Having them strained and exhausted does not bode well for high impact landings.

There's so many different techniques out there these days tho, there's no telling. Hes sweating good, so it probably is part of a circuit workout.

no jump training does not, unless you want to never jump again.

tholdren
08-31-2015, 08:19 PM
I think that's 205 actually (2x45, 2x35, 45lb bar)
You sir, are correct. 205 on the squat. Great if you are a jr high footballer. keep paying those trainers nba.

DMC
09-01-2015, 12:03 AM
He'll be out for the season staring January 6th.

Sean Cagney
09-01-2015, 12:07 AM
He's less scary trying to bulk up to C than he would be perfecting his 3pt shot, dribble drive, and lateral quickness on D.

Dude is still scary man :lol He can be very good for a long time. I would hate to play against him though with 3 pt range, damn.

Mnky
09-01-2015, 08:36 AM
no jump training does not, unless you want to never jump again.

Drop a routine.

Phenomanul
09-02-2015, 09:47 AM
ROBINSON IS RINGLESS WITHOUT DUNCAN

:bang

MICHAEL JORDAN IS RINGLESS WITHOUT PIPPEN (AND PHIL)

Anybody can play that game.

cjw
09-02-2015, 12:05 PM
:bang

MICHAEL JORDAN IS RINGLESS WITHOUT PIPPEN (AND PHIL)

Anybody can play that game.

Right.

Don't forget Jordan couldn't crack .500 in a season before Pippen arrived and never made it out of the first round of the playoffs, including during his Washington post-retirement stint!

Admiral, meanwhile, made it out 4 out of the 7 years before Duncan (8th year was his injury) and averaged 54+ wins. Big difference there.

Nobody's trying to say Robinson was better than Jordan. But I hate when people underrate him like this, as they probably have never seen the Spurs play a home game outside of the AT&T.

TDfan2007
09-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Right.

Don't forget Jordan couldn't crack .500 in a season before Pippen arrived and never made it out of the first round of the playoffs, including during his Washington post-retirement stint!

Admiral, meanwhile, made it out 4 out of the 7 years before Duncan (8th year was his injury) and averaged 54+ wins. Big difference there.

Nobody's trying to say Robinson was better than Jordan. But I hate when people underrate him like this, as they probably have never seen the Spurs play a home game outside of the AT&T.

David was a top 5 player from 1990-1996. He was just an absolute stud. Even after his back injury he was a defensive beast who scored very efficiently. David's main issue was that he had trouble in the slower-paced grind-it-out playoff atmosphere. I don't exactly know why. I would assume it had something to do with his iso game not being particularly polished, but he also had trash for PGs/playmakers on the team. David playing alongside Stockton or Nash would have been just plain devastating.

Phenomanul
09-03-2015, 12:51 PM
obvious troll is obvious troll

Kawhi 5-0
09-03-2015, 05:14 PM

Good one! Maybe Jimmer needs to bulk up with some "eastern bloc" methods:)

Kawhi 5-0
09-03-2015, 05:17 PM

I think Diaw could make that list ;)