PDA

View Full Version : If Robinson was in his prime today speed wise who would you compare him to

lilsupa
08-29-2015, 08:38 AM
In your opinion who do you think he would compare to? I Can only think of Lebron

Maddog
08-29-2015, 09:17 AM
In your opinion who do you think he would compare to? I Can only think of Lebron

In his prime DROB was always the fastest on the team. He would frequently get steals by catching up to guards in transition. As far as a combination of size and athleticism probably only LeBron compares. Unfortunately, it took a while to figure out how to use it. He was too thin in the trunk and legs to be a great post player (he had lIke a 28 inch waist). John lucas was the one who pulled in out of the post so he could use his height and speed. Pop utilized even his diminished ability as a help defender.
Was so happy that he got two rings after his prime was underutilized and under supprted.

spursparker9
08-29-2015, 09:48 AM
Franciso Elson

itzsoweezee
08-29-2015, 11:12 AM
I think Anthony Davis is the second coming of David Robinson. Not close to David's level yet, but he's getting there.

hater
08-29-2015, 11:16 AM
Steven adams

TheGreatYacht
08-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Tarik Black

elemento
08-29-2015, 11:23 AM
Only AD comes close

D-Rob was a freak

dbestpro
08-29-2015, 11:26 AM
No one as far as height and speed.

tmtcsc
08-29-2015, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking. Robinson was very fast - for any sized player. He was not a lumbering big dude like Ewing or big fast guy like Deandre Jordan. In his prime, DRob ran the floor with the speed and agility of a guard.

PublicOption
08-29-2015, 11:44 AM
No one.

Spurtacular
08-29-2015, 12:15 PM
In his prime DROB was always the fastest on the team. He would frequently get steals by catching up to guards in transition. As far as a combination of size and athleticism probably only LeBron compares. Unfortunately, it took a while to figure out how to use it. He was too thin in the trunk and legs to be a great post player (he had lIke a 28 inch waist). John lucas was the one who pulled in out of the post so he could use his height and speed. Pop utilized even his diminished ability as a help defender.
Was so happy that he got two rings after his prime was underutilized and under supprted.

:lol No.

33 inch waist.

T Park
08-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Robinson was the defensive presence of DeAndre Jordan but the offensive talent of Anthony Davis.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Serge Ibaka, maybe a taller Durant with defensive awareness

ajh18
08-29-2015, 05:05 PM
Mash up prime Amare on offense with prime DHo or DeAndre on defense. That would begin to approximate a prime Admiral.

Johnny RIngo
08-29-2015, 05:14 PM
Robinson was the defensive presence of DeAndre Jordan but the offensive talent of Anthony Davis.

What a shitty post. DRob's defense was miles, miles better than DeAndre's. DRob's in contention for GOAT defender while DeAndre isn't even a top ten defensive big in his own era.

Arcadian
08-29-2015, 05:18 PM
:lol No.

33 inch waist.

That's still really small for a 7-1 guy. I have a 33 waist, and I'm 5-11.

Then again, I'm also not an all-world athlete. :lol

cd98
08-29-2015, 07:37 PM
None. The 7 footers in the league all suck. The 90s were the era of the big man. Now the bigs are unskilled and average athletically. There's a reason that a 39 year old Duncan is in the conversation for best big man in the game right now. If he was 38 year old Duncan playing against prime Robinson, Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, Mourning, Mutumbo, Smits, etc, he'd be looking like he needed to retire. But the crap they have now, he's eating them for breakfast.

And I'm not knocking Tim's greatness. He's damn good. But most NBA bigs can't make a decent pass out of a double team. Duncan can play with most of the bigs until he's 50.

Poolboy5623
08-30-2015, 12:43 AM
Robs speed is what caught my attention, as a 9 year old(1990). Couldn't believe a guy his size was the fastest on the court. I've been watching the Spurs ever since.

T Park
09-04-2015, 01:46 AM
What a shitty post. DRob's defense was miles, miles better than DeAndre's. DRob's in contention for GOAT defender while DeAndre isn't even a top ten defensive big in his own era.

Blow me. He asked for modern day comparisons, he's the closest defensively there is.

Fireball
09-04-2015, 04:35 AM
Robinson was the defensive presence of DeAndre Jordan but the offensive talent of Anthony Davis. And still none of them is as good/fast dribbling coast to coast and finishing with a dunk as Robinson was.

G-Dawgg
09-04-2015, 04:46 AM
Anthony Davis/Dwight Howard hybrid

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
09-04-2015, 07:18 AM
Matt Bonner

K...
09-04-2015, 08:25 AM
Jeff ayres but able to catch a basketball. That's the difference between the hall of fame and being a bench warmer: skills.

SnakeBoy
09-04-2015, 09:04 AM
DRob played in an era of truly great bigs and even then none compared to him in terms of speed & athleticism. There are no bigs or combination of bigs that can compare to him in todays NBA.

Johnny RIngo
09-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Blow me. He asked for modern day comparisons, he's the closest defensively there is.

:lol Coming from the moron that said Ayres is a "bigger better Malik Rose"

And he is nowhere close to DRob defensively. Only a retard that blindly regurgitates bad ESPN takes would believe any of the defensive hype attached to DeAndre Jordan's name.

Brazil
09-04-2015, 11:32 AM

wtf Jordan ? :lol

sorry but that's a shitty comparaison

defensively you could have picked I don't know R Gobert, Marc G, TC, Bogut... well before Jordan even tho not really close either

NameLess Scrub
09-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Didn't actually watch much prime DRob.

Looked up some highlights.. man that was sick.

Kidd K
09-04-2015, 12:21 PM
If DRob was in his prime now and putting up the same numbers he would be MVP every year or a very close 2nd.

Fucking thank you. I read that awful comparison and nearly puked in my soup.

DeAndre Jordan being compared to DRob? LOLLLLLLL. . .

Sean Cagney
09-04-2015, 01:27 PM
None. The 7 footers in the league all suck. T50.

^^^ Shittiest era of big men ever IMO, overpaid bums out there getting Max contracts and are just average as hell.
:lol Coming from the moron that said Ayres is a "bigger better Malik Rose"

:lol, if anyone says Ayres and better than it's just showing they are on drugs or made one of the dumbest posts in the history of the internet. That guy is horrible, can't believe anyone had the nerve to say he was better than Malik Rose tbh.
Jeff ayres but able to catch a basketball. That's the difference between the hall of fame and being a bench warmer: skills.

And add to that a jumper, faster and much more athletic (Stronger too). Ayres on steroids and able to catch the ball you should have put. Oh yes dribbling as well as someone mentioned from coast to coast, alot more than just catching the ball.

SpursIndonesia
09-04-2015, 01:35 PM
wtf Jordan ? :lol

sorry but that's a shitty comparaison

defensively you could have picked I don't know R Gobert, Marc G, TC, Bogut... well before Jordan even tho not really close either

I think Gobert is close as a help defender & in patrolling the paint, but Five Oh was a great perimeter defender too, can basically play like a small forward in his prime. He is like Wilt & Shaq, basically a nature freak, semi mutant human figuratively speaking.

Brazil
09-04-2015, 01:46 PM
I think Gobert is close as a help defender & in patrolling the paint, but Five Oh was a great perimeter defender too, can basically play like a small forward in his prime. He is like Wilt & Shaq, basically a nature freak, semi mutant human figuratively speaking.

fully agree... it's not close but at least let's say RG is closer than fucking D Jordan

Gobert is still very young I'm excited to see how dat French kid will evolve

wildbill2u
09-04-2015, 03:17 PM

The only big is clearly Anthony Davis. They both have that quick loooooong stride which kinda hides how much ground they are covering.

LeBron isn't nearly as big as DROB so you might as well compare David to some guard's speed. Le Bron isn't as fast. I bet either Davis or DROB could beat him down court in a race from the end line. It's his bulk moving down the court that makes him look so formidable.

tholdren
09-04-2015, 03:27 PM

LarryDavid
09-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Anthony Davis?

Spur|n|Austin
09-05-2015, 03:10 AM
Anthony Davis is the closest modern day comparison. DRob was a freak of nature.