PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Cuts By Your Team

spurraider21
08-31-2015, 07:09 PM
While Trent's release was predictable, I really didn't see the Kenbrell Thompkins cut coming. Seemed like a perfectly good WR3/4 type. He should catch on somewhere, probably Carolina where he'd be the #1 receiver.

Silver&Black
09-02-2015, 12:07 AM
None yet....wait a few days till we get down to 53. Might be a couple then.

Chinook
09-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Browns released Phil Taylor today. He was the last (and best) player that they got in the Julio Jones trade. Freaking pathetic.

The Ravens released no one important, as they had quite a few injured guys to take care of most of those slots. I don't think there'll be any surprise cuts for the 53 either, but there are still some heavily contested spots at WR and ILB.

JoeTait75
09-02-2015, 09:56 AM
Browns released Phil Taylor today. He was the last (and best) player that they got in the Julio Jones trade. Freaking pathetic.

You'd think Phil Taylor was Warren Sapp the way Browns fans talked him up while he was here. Fat fuck that couldn't stay on the field. God forbid this team take a playmaker with a high pick.

Chinook
09-02-2015, 11:31 AM
You'd think Phil Taylor was Warren Sapp the way Browns fans talked him up while he was here. Fat fuck that couldn't stay on the field. God forbid this team take a playmaker with a high pick.

I feel for you. The Browns have passed on two top WR prospects in the last four years. And the guy they did use a second-rounder on is a druggie. I don't know if that's better or worse than Baltimore's luck with WRs, as they can't seem to find a non-bust at that position and have to constantly cycle in vets on the back side of their careers.

DD
09-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Fred Jackson

Holden_Caulfield
09-02-2015, 06:52 PM
not a cut but they traded my homeboy josh scobee :cry

franchise leading scorer :cry

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Surprised the Panthers cut Jarrett Boykin, Melvin White, and Robert Lester.

Raven
09-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Texans waived Louis Nix. career over without even starting

Robz4000
09-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Kinda surprised the Niners cut Dockett, especially with all the pieces that they've lost on D this offseason.

spurraider21
09-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Raiders cut Sio Moore

I'm really baffled at what happened here... he's young, has been a really good starter for both his seasons. He's gna be a good signing for whoever gets him. Really makes no sense considering our alternative is Ray-Ray Armstrong

Maybe he never recovered from his hip injury, I don't know. It's been bizarre.

Edit: he wasn't cut, he was traded to the Colts for a 6th. If he's healthy, it's a steal. I can't think the Raiders would just let him go like that unless something was up.

lefty
09-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Brady's suspension was cut dry

Raven
09-05-2015, 06:00 AM
robert turbin got cut and rotoworld megabust(as in a player hyped by rotoworld for years for no reason) christine micheal is being shopped. they got that old guy though

benefactor
09-05-2015, 08:07 AM
Texans waived Louis Nix. career over without even starting
Moved up into the 3rd to get him too. Could've moved back up into the 1st and picked up Bridgewater, but instead we have half of Tom Savage, Mental Midget Mallett and Fitzpatrick Lite.

Raven
09-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Moved up into the 3rd to get him too. Could've moved back up into the 1st and picked up Bridgewater, but instead we have half of Tom Savage, Mental Midget Mallett and Fitzpatrick Lite.

well bridgewater is pretty much a black fitzpatrick

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-05-2015, 11:30 AM
So happy the Panthers cut Bersin SuperCam (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49522)

jeebus
09-05-2015, 11:32 AM
rofl Tefaggot just got cut

benefactor
09-05-2015, 12:49 PM
well bridgewater is pretty much a black fitzpatrick
Well at least he's young and has some upside. Where the Texans were drafting, he was basically the only option...and would look better back there than the shit sandwich that currently occupies the position.

Blizzardwizard
09-05-2015, 01:20 PM
Chargers cut veteran starting kicker Nick Novak (one of the most consistent of the last couple of years in the NFL) in place of rookie kicker out of Texas A&M Josh Lambo.

Fuck.

Raven
09-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Jonas Gray cut and one of the terrible corners we got in the offseason got cut too..

ace3g
09-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
(https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter)Bills released: DT Red Bryant QB Matt Cassel C Dalton Freeman S Jonathan Meeks LB Kevin Reddick

benefactor
09-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Watch O'Brien sign Cassel now that Savage got hurt. Would be the shitty ex-Pats QB hat-trick.

SuperCam
09-05-2015, 02:45 PM
So happy the Panthers cut Bersin SuperCam (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49522)

Never have to see that long haired faggot muff another punt :toast

Chinook
09-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Ravens let go of Robert Myers, fifth-rounder from this past year. Probably want him on the PS. Pats cut Wayne after he asked to be released.

ace3g
09-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Reggie Wayne asked to be released from Pats

slick'81
09-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Cowboys cut showers oh noooo

benefactor
09-05-2015, 03:06 PM
Watch O'Brien sign Cassel now that Savage got hurt. Would be the shitty ex-Pats QB hat-trick.

I'm going to kick a fucking baby if they sign Cassel.

In other news, they cut Ryan Griffin. Very surprising. A TE needy team could use him.

Robz4000
09-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Chargers cut veteran starting kicker Nick Novak (one of the most consistent of the last couple of years in the NFL) in place of rookie kicker out of Texas A&M Josh Lambo.

Fuck.

:lol Chorgers

ace3g
09-05-2015, 03:28 PM
I am glad he made it.

Adam Schefter AdamSchefter
And Jarryd Hayne, one of the best stories of the summer, made it. twitter.com/jarrydhayne_1/…

jarryd hayne @jarrydhayne_1
IT ALWAYS WORKS OUT! I thank GOD for WHAT HE has done and going to do on this incredible journey!! I'm on the 53 MAN ROSTER FOR THE #49ers.

DPG21920
09-05-2015, 03:47 PM
Jonas Gray cut and one of the terrible corners we got in the offseason got cut too..

BB must love Blount. Vereen Gone. Ridley Gone. Gray cut. Things are shaping up for Blount to be their main guy and they normally have way worse of a timeshare it seems.

Blizzardwizard
09-05-2015, 03:51 PM
:lol Chorgers

Hopping back off the bandwagon :lol

Niners gonna get that number one pick for 2016 :lol

Sean Cagney
09-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Fred Jackson

That caught me off guard being I think he can still play and he had a good pre season game before that, plus Mccoy they were worried about for week one so they could have used him in that game. I don't get it.

Robz4000
09-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Hopping back off the bandwagon :lol

Niners gonna get that number one pick for 2016 :lol

I just laugh at the ineptitude of both my teams. Unfortunately for the Neiners, they'll win 5 games and miss out on a top 3 pick.

LkrFan
09-05-2015, 05:34 PM
Ben Gardner. Missed his entire rookie campaign. Thought he would have been a good rotational players this year. I hope he sneaks onto our PS, but some team will scoop him up.

spurraider21
09-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Shelby Harris, Leon Orr, CJ Wilson should all be on NFL rosters. Especially surprised that Harris didn't make the cut

Silver&Black
09-06-2015, 12:37 AM
K Connor Barth

Kim Jong-il
09-06-2015, 08:11 AM
Reggie Wayne asked to be released from Pats
Reportedly he asked to be cut because playing for Belichick is "not fun". Probably shouldn't be a shock he'd quit after a couple weeks, he spent his entire career in that soft pussy Colts organization.

Will Hunting
09-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Reportedly he asked to be cut because playing for Belichick is "not fun". Probably shouldn't be a shock he'd quit after a couple weeks, he spent his entire career in that soft pussy Colts organization.

What do you expect this year now that the Brady situation is cleared up?

Raven
09-06-2015, 01:38 PM
montee ball as predicted by many, is an overrated fumbler, another rb that ypc made and another one that proves ypc is a dumb way to rate a rb.

Raven
09-06-2015, 01:40 PM
On a side note, it still weird that Tim Wright doesn't get to be a team's starter after scoring 11td in two years and winning a superbowl. especially considering how bad the TE are today.

spurraider21
09-06-2015, 02:51 PM
montee ball as predicted by many, is an overrated fumbler, another rb that ypc made and another one that proves ypc is a dumb way to rate a rb.
lol wut

career 4.2 yards per carry. had 4.7 in year 1 on a small sample size

Raven
09-06-2015, 03:08 PM
lol wut

career 4.2 yards per carry. had 4.7 in year 1 on a small sample size

Montee Ball performed well through the first week of training camp.

Ball has reportedly "shown vision in the run game, decisiveness in his cuts and consistent, quality work in the passing game." ESPN's Broncos reporter says the second-year back is "poised for a big season" and suggests 250 carries. We also know he's going to get all the goal-line work in the game's most explosive offense and is a solid pass-catcher as well. Ball is currently ranked as fantasy's No. 8 running back in our online Draft Guide.

Source: ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/7614/some-broncos-questions-still-need-answers)
Thu, Jul 31, 2014 09:28:00 AM

spurraider21
09-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Montee Ball performed well through the first week of training camp.

Ball has reportedly "shown vision in the run game, decisiveness in his cuts and consistent, quality work in the passing game." ESPN's Broncos reporter says the second-year back is "poised for a big season" and suggests 250 carries. We also know he's going to get all the goal-line work in the game's most explosive offense and is a solid pass-catcher as well. Ball is currently ranked as fantasy's No. 8 running back in our online Draft Guide.

Source: ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/7614/some-broncos-questions-still-need-answers)
Thu, Jul 31, 2014 09:28:00 AM
ok... i'm not denying he had hype

i'm laughing at your :cry made by ypc :cry claim

Raven
09-06-2015, 03:20 PM
ok... i'm not denying he had hype

i'm laughing at your :cry made by ypc :cry claim

well on what do you think the hype was based? on his fumbling issues? his nonexistent pass protection?

Will Hunting
09-06-2015, 03:21 PM
well on what do you think the hype was based? on his fumbling issues? his nonexistent pass protection?

It was probably based off of how good he was in college tbh. He was a Heisman candidate his last year.

Raven
09-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Montee Ball attributes his 2013 late-season improvement and increased playing time to being able to anticipate Peyton Manning's pre-snap audibles at the line of scrimmage.

Audible anticipation is critical for running backs in a Peyton offense because Manning changes to run plays to "exploit off-balance defensive fronts," and will often check into pass plays that require the back to identify and pick up a blitzer. "I started playing better then," said Ball. "I wish that it had happened earlier. I always tell myself, imagine what it would have been like had I begun like this." Ball piled up 337 yards on 52 carries (6.48 YPC) over Denver's final six regular season games, adding 15 receptions. He's looking to build on that momentum in 2014 as the Broncos' clear-cut bellcow back.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Broncos "believe in" Montee Ball.

With Knowshon Moreno now a Dolphin, Ball finds himself atop the depth chart. The Denver Post reported earlier this month that Ball will get the first crack at starting this season. Ball struggled with ball security and pass protection early as a rookie, but closed out strong, averaging 5.87 yards per carry over his final 65 rushes. For the year, Ball's YPC was an impressive 4.66. Ball has monstrous fantasy upside in the Broncos' Peyton Manning-led offense.

spurraider21
09-06-2015, 04:33 PM
you're reaching to try to make some point about ypc, just because i used it in an argument against you over a year ago :lol

https://i.gyazo.com/4c1dc29813724d499d1e3837d3b39bf5.png

https://i.gyazo.com/afc073c18bee7f36f9eaa3ef702d6a92.png

spurraider21
09-06-2015, 04:34 PM
he had a lot of hype behind him... to say he was "made by ypc" is just you trying to shove a point down our throats the same way you shove cocks down yours

Raven
09-06-2015, 05:00 PM
what you just posted is laughable and proves my point perfectly. Especially the "Moreno, a lesser natural talent, was fantasy's #5 rb last year". :cry The evil slowass plodder was #5 thanks to manning :cry

I'm not trying to mock you or other people for looking at ypc or anything, but you and other people need to realize that ypc is only around 3rd or 4th in importance when looking at a rb. ball security and the ability to endure tackles and keep pushing, is much more important and relevant. Every single year you see the "speedster" getting overdrafted and overhyped in fantasy circles because of small sample size and playing only 2 down role, only to see them come crashing and burning the minute they get their carries elevated.

spurraider21
09-06-2015, 05:47 PM
you're just trying to make an imaginary point that isn't there. none of the shots i posted mention ypc. that was your point. dont try to twist it and add these other things like speedsters or plodders.

and :lol at knowshon being validated because of one good season and like 2 good games with dolphins

Raven
09-06-2015, 05:58 PM
you're just trying to make an imaginary point that isn't there. none of the shots i posted mention ypc. that was your point. dont try to twist it and add these other things like speedsters or plodders.

and :lol at knowshon being validated because of one good season and like 2 good games with dolphins

have you maybe thought that you posted irrelevant shots? :lol

spurraider21
09-06-2015, 06:00 PM
have you maybe thought that you posted irrelevant shots? :lol
you said he got hype and was "made" by his YPC and i showed a bunch of his rotoworld hype blurbs that didnt mention ypc

Raven
09-06-2015, 06:10 PM
you said he got hype and was "made" by his YPC and i showed a bunch of his rotoworld hype blurbs that didnt mention ypc

yeah, fluff blurbs. no stats, nothing palpable, some random endorsements and some subjective tape reviews.