PDA

View Full Version : Obama one vote away from securing Iran deal

FuzzyLumpkins
09-01-2015, 03:20 PM
The next "yes" vote will be the deciding vote for President Barack Obama’s Iran deal.

Two key Senate Democrats – Chris Coons of Delaware and Bob Casey of Pennsylvania – declared their support for the nuclear agreement on Tuesday, putting the Obama administration just one Senate vote away from blocking congressional attempts to kill the accord.

Coons, a key bellwether for Democrats on Iran, announced his position in a lengthy speech at the University of Delaware on Tuesday – saying that the potential consequences for U.S. allies, as well as the unlikelihood that negotiators could go back to secure a different outcome with Tehran, led him to reluctantly back the agreement.

“Thus, in a very hard choice between either rejecting the agreement and taking on the uncertainty and risks of compelling a return to sanctions and negotiations or a path that accepts the positives of this deal and attempts to manage and minimize the short and long term consequences of its flaws, I choose the latter,” Coons said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/iran-deal-bob-casey-supports-213223

m>s
09-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Does this mean we will get gas under $2.00 tbh

DMX7
09-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Trust me... he has already got this deal wrapped up. :hat

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Does this mean we will get gas under $2.00 tbhMight get that by the end of the month regardless.

boutons_deux
09-01-2015, 04:30 PM
while Repugs, Fox, Christian Taliban fuck around with fabricated outrage, LIES, propaganda, scams, stings, campaign-only topics (immigration) etc, Obama is actually GOVERNING and trying to move the country forward, solve problems(AGW).

if only he been this bad assed n!gg@ from Jan 09...

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 04:37 PM
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/jakegoldman/toon110913a_zps3a309c3f.png

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 04:39 PM
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/jakegoldman/toon110913a_zps3a309c3f.pngActually I don't remember Chambain tbh.

Who is Chambain, Darrin?

boutons_deux
09-01-2015, 04:40 PM
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/jakegoldman/toon110913a_zps3a309c3f.png

yeah, well, Repugs IGNORED history and repeated it by failing in Afghanistan and Iraq.

DMX7
09-01-2015, 04:41 PM
Actually I don't remember Chambain tbh.

Who is Chambain, Darrin?

My first thought was the same thing... Jesus H. Christ, these are the people we're dealing with here. Chambain? Give me a fucking break...

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Actually I don't remember Chambain tbh.

Who is Chambain, Darrin?

You caught a spelling error. Congrats. :tu

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 04:47 PM
You caught a spelling error. Congrats. :tuYou posted a shitty meme and will refuse to actually discuss the topic. Congrats. :tu

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 04:54 PM
You posted a shitty meme and will refuse to actually discuss the topic. Congrats. :tu

The Iran deal is a fantastic deal for Iran.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 04:56 PM
The Iran deal is a fantastic deal for Iran.Is that your idea of discussion?

Stick to shitty memes. :tu

Or try discussing what you would do now if you hate this agreement so much.

What is your alternative to Chambain?

DMX7
09-01-2015, 04:57 PM

Israel wants to drag us into a war with Iran. The fact that their PM hates this deal makes me think it's especially effective.

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Is that your idea of discussion?

Stick to shitty memes. :tu

As opposed to all the other great discussion in this thread, including yours. :tu

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:01 PM
As opposed to all the other great discussion in this thread, including yours. :tu

Or try discussing what you would do now if you hate this agreement so much.

What is your alternative to Chambain?:tu

Spurminator
09-01-2015, 05:03 PM

What specifically do you oppose about the deal?

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 05:04 PM
deja vu all over again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TcbU5jAavw

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:06 PM
deja vu all over again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TcbU5jAavwHow is this like the Hitler appeasement, Darrin?

How is it like the North Korea framework, Darrin?

Discuss this.

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 05:08 PM
What specifically do you oppose about the deal?

What specifically do you like about the deal?

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:09 PM
What specifically do you like about the deal?Rubber/glue "discussion."

DMX7
09-01-2015, 05:14 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2903624/images/o-BUSH-MISSION-ACCOMPLISHED-facebook.jpg

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Rubber/glue "discussion."

Where's your discussion?

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Where's your discussion?I've been asking you to explain your position so we can discuss it.

Do you need those questions reposted?

Spurminator
09-01-2015, 05:20 PM
What specifically do you like about the deal?

I didn't post a meme or give my opinion of the deal. You did. Maybe I don't know much about it and need to be educated. Explain your position. I might agree.

SnakeBoy
09-01-2015, 05:22 PM
deja vu all over again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TcbU5jAavw

yep

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Bill: "“The United States and international inspectors will carefully monitor North Korea to make sure it keeps its commitments. Only as it does so will North Korea fully join the community of nations.”

Obama: "International inspectors will have unprecedented access not only to Iranian nuclear facilities, but to the entire supply chain that supports Iran’s nuclear program -- from uranium mills that provide the raw materials, to the centrifuge production and storage facilities that support the program. If Iran cheats, the world will know it. Blah blah blah. ... It demonstrates that if Iran complies with its international obligations, then it can fully rejoin the community of nations."

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:25 PM
yepHow do you think this is like the NK framework?

Infinite_limit
09-01-2015, 05:25 PM
They did some shit 35 years ago LOL. Move on.

You already paid them back by funding Saddam in their 10-year War.

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 05:26 PM
I didn't post a meme or give my opinion of the deal. You did. Maybe I don't know much about it and need to be educated. Explain your position. I might agree.

There's not much of a historical basis for being optimistic about "deals" with rogue nations.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Bill: "“The United States and international inspectors will carefully monitor North Korea to make sure it keeps its commitments. Only as it does so will North Korea fully join the community of nations.”

Obama: "International inspectors will have unprecedented access not only to Iranian nuclear facilities, but to the entire supply chain that supports Iran’s nuclear program -- from uranium mills that provide the raw materials, to the centrifuge production and storage facilities that support the program. If Iran cheats, the world will know it. Blah blah blah. ... It demonstrates that if Iran complies with its international obligations, then it can fully rejoin the community of nations."So, North Korea didn't meet its commitments (neither did we tbh).

Did it fully join the community of nations?

Really, Darrin -- you haven't said anything about the actual terms of this deal.

Let's discuss those. Can you do it without Googling and pasting someone else's words?

Spurminator
09-01-2015, 05:28 PM
There's not much of a historical basis for being optimistic about "deals" with rogue nations.

Germany seems to be doing okay these days.

DarrinS
They did some shit 35 years ago LOL. Move on.

You already paid them back by funding Saddam in their 10-year War.

They are the number one financier of terrorism. Try to stay current.

DarrinS

No shit. What it take for that to happen? (twice, mind you)

Spurminator
09-01-2015, 05:31 PM
No shit. What it take for that to happen? (twice, mind you)

You know that for a war to end, a deal has to be reached. We didn't exterminate all of Germany.

But if you're advocating war with Iran, I'd be interested in your rationale for that as well.

Warlord23
09-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Lol at AIPAC spending millions trying to buy Congressmen and Senators in a losing effort. Although the sobering truth is that AIPAC's spend is chump change compared to the 3 billion that the US gives Israel in military aid every year. The American taxpayer as usual is the loser. Especially Conservatives who rail against ACA and Planned Parenthood at home while supporting colossal donations to a Israel which allows it to spend on public healthcare and publicly funded abortions.

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 05:32 PM
So, North Korea didn't meet its commitments (neither did we tbh).

Did it fully join the community of nations?

Really, Darrin -- you haven't said anything about the actual terms of this deal.

Let's discuss those. Can you do it without Googling and pasting someone else's words?

I already said I don't trust deals with rogue nations. <-- My words, chumpy

Infinite_limit
09-01-2015, 05:33 PM
I don't know what that even means. Wouldn't the USA and it's endless destabilizing of governments qualify as 'Financier of terrorism'

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:34 PM
I already said I don't trust deals with rogue nations. <-- My words, chumpyThose aren't terms of the deal, Darrin.

Is this really what qualifies as discussion to you?

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Those aren't terms of the deal, Darrin.

Is this really what qualifies as discussion to you?

Do you have anything to say that is NOT about me? I understand that this is what you do.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:36 PM
I don't know what that even means. Wouldn't the USA and it's endless destabilizing of governments qualify as 'Financier of terrorism'Well, Iran did help reactionary forces overthrow the democratically elected Eisenhower administration in 1953. So we should never trust them again.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Do you have anything to say that is NOT about me? I understand that this is what you do.Aside from just not liking agreements with rogue nations, you haven't given me anything to discuss.

SnakeBoy
09-01-2015, 05:38 PM
How do you think this is like the NK framework?

It's a good deal for the United States. The world will be safer as we slow the spread of nuclear weapons. Inspectors will closely monitor Iran to make sure it keeps it's commitments, only as it does so will Iran fully join the community of nations.

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 05:39 PM
It's a good deal for the United States. The world will be safer as we slow the spread of nuclear weapons. Inspectors will closely monitor Iran to make sure it keeps it's commitments, only as it does so will Iran fully join the community of nations.

:lol

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:41 PM
It's a good deal for the United States. The world will be safer as we slow the spread of nuclear weapons. Inspectors will closely monitor Iran to make sure it keeps it's commitments, only as it does so will Iran fully join the community of nations.So the similarities of the deals are only in how presidents described them after they were made.

That's brilliant.

It's pretty apparent neither of you know anything about either of these deals.

SnakeBoy
09-01-2015, 05:43 PM

I know it's a good deal for the United States. The world will be safer as we slow the spread of nuclear weapons. Inspectors will closely monitor Iran to make sure it keeps it's commitments, only as it does so will Iran fully join the community of nations.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:44 PM
I will ask you again, Darrin -- given your stated reservations, what would you have done differently in an agreement with Iran?

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:44 PM
I know it's a good deal for the United States. The world will be safer as we slow the spread of nuclear weapons. Inspectors will closely monitor Iran to make sure it keeps it's commitments, only as it does so will Iran fully join the community of nations.I will ask you , SnakeBoy -- given your stated reservations, what would you have done differently in an agreement with Iran?

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 05:45 PM
So the similarities of the deals are only in how presidents described them after they were made.

That's brilliant.

You seem to be very knowledgeable about this. What do you like about the deal? Be specific.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:49 PM
You seem to be very knowledgeable about this. What do you like about the deal? Be specific.I like that it deals with both Plutonium and Uranium production and moves spent fuel out of Iran.

I like that it was a multilateral agreement including China and Russia. I'm not sure such a coalition and its diplomatic and economic pressure could be put together again.

I like that sanctions won't all be rescinded at once.

SnakeBoy
09-01-2015, 05:50 PM
I will ask you , SnakeBoy -- given your stated reservations, what would you have done differently in an agreement with Iran?

I didn't state any reservations. What part of what I wrote do you disagree with...Be specific.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 05:53 PM
I didn't state any reservations.So you have no reservations about this deal?

Great. What are you trying to argue then?

What part of what I wrote do you disagree with...Be specific.

I can't agree or disagree with quotes given with no context -- as long as the quote is accurate, they are just someones words.

m>s
09-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Germany was never a "rogue nation"

DarrinS
09-01-2015, 05:59 PM
I like that it deals with both Plutonium and Uranium production and moves spent fuel out of Iran.

I like that it was a multilateral agreement including China and Russia. I'm not sure such a coalition and its diplomatic and economic pressure could be put together again.

I like that sanctions won't all be rescinded at once.

Sounds peachy. I guess history will be the judge.

SnakeBoy
09-01-2015, 06:00 PM
I can't agree or disagree with quotes given with no context -- as long as the quote is accurate, they are just someones words.

The context is the Iran deal. What part of what I wrote are you taking issue with? Do you think what I wrote applies to the Iran deal or not? I answered two of your questions why won't you just give an answer to my question. Or better yet just say what you think about the Iran deal.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Sounds peachy. I guess history will be the judge.I will ask you again, Darrin -- given your stated reservations, what would you have done differently in an agreement with Iran?

The context is the Iran deal. What part of what I wrote are you taking issue with? Do you think what I wrote applies to the Iran deal or not? I answered two of your questions why won't you just give an answer to my question. Or better yet just say what you think about the Iran deal.Actually you didn't answer my question at all and I already said what I think about the Iran deal.

I will ask you again, since you have no stated reservations, what would you have done differently in an agreement with Iran?

I can only assume nothing if you can't even state a reservation and just parrot quotes with no context.

spurtech09
09-01-2015, 09:53 PM
With Obama running things the USA is screwed......Don't hate Obama .....But Obama's plan is to ruin America.......wake up sheeps cause this world is getting darker and darker......Its a good time to get right with the Lord....Forgive your sins ...Repent cause Jesus Christ is COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Don't know the day,time,or hour......Jesus is coming back....Tell everybody the good NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!Jesus Christ is COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You want to be saved than get closer with GOD cause he loves us all.....Praise the lord Jesus Christ....all Power and Glory to GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!May god bless everyone.......wake up brothers and sisters...before its too late

spurtech09
09-01-2015, 09:54 PM
With Obama running things the USA is screwed......Don't hate Obama .....But Obama's plan is to ruin America.......wake up sheeps cause this world is getting darker and darker......Its a good time to get right with the Lord....Forgive your sins ...Repent cause Jesus Christ is COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Don't know the day,time,or hour......Jesus is coming back....Tell everybody the good NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!Jesus Christ is COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You want to be saved than get closer with GOD cause he loves us all.....Praise the lord Jesus Christ....all Power and Glory to GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!May god bless everyone.......wake up brothers and sisters...before its too lateAMEN!!!

FuzzyLumpkins
09-02-2015, 01:22 PM

Obama: "International inspectors will have unprecedented access not only to Iranian nuclear facilities, but to the entire supply chain that supports Iran’s nuclear program -- from uranium mills that provide the raw materials, to the centrifuge production and storage facilities that support the program. If Iran cheats, the world will know it. Blah blah blah. ... It demonstrates that if Iran complies with its international obligations, then it can fully rejoin the community of nations."

Pyongyang acted after declaring it would leave six-party talks on completing nuclear disarmament in the country and reactivate a plant that makes bomb-grade plutonium in response to a UN rebuke over its launching of a long-range rocket.
"(North Korea) has today informed IAEA inspectors in the Yongbyon facility that it is immediately ceasing all cooperation with the IAEA," Marc Vidricaire, a UN spokesman, said in a statement.

N Korea failed because they pulled out of the agreement unilaterally.

It's typical neocon stupidity to conflate the two.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Well, he's got the votes. Working on a filibuster total for the Senate debate now.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2015, 01:27 PM
N Korea failed because they pulled out of the agreement unilaterally.Neither the DPRK nor the US lived up to the terms of their framework.

Spurminator
09-02-2015, 01:28 PM
See, it's a *deal.* There are examples of other *deals* that have not worked out. Therefore, all *deals* are bad. Because *deal* = bad. Simple math. Details are unnecessary.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Did you guys lose your shit over the SALT talks too?

Did you call for Reagan's impeachment when he gave missiles to the radical Muslim Iranians?

FuzzyLumpkins
09-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Neither the DPRK nor the US lived up to the terms of their framework.

How do you figure that? The UN security council condemned a launch. That is what caused the renege.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2015, 03:25 PM
How do you figure that? The UN security council condemned a launch. That is what caused the renege.I'm talking about the Clinton era framework/bribery agreement. They missed a bunch of deadlines for disclosure and inspections and we skipped a bunch of grain shipments and it all just went away.

ElNono
09-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Color me surprised. I thought he wouldn't be able to round up the votes.

hitmanyr2k
09-02-2015, 10:00 PM

Yeah, because the United States never funds terrorism to further our own interests

https://mydarlingatlanta.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/seinfeld-eye-roll.gif

FuzzyLumpkins
09-03-2015, 05:30 AM
I'm talking about the Clinton era framework/bribery agreement. They missed a bunch of deadlines for disclosure and inspections and we skipped a bunch of grain shipments and it all just went away.

I would have to look into that. I do think the Clinton administration is the most overrated 20th century presidency.

Splits
09-03-2015, 05:48 AM
Color me surprised. I thought he wouldn't be able to round up the votes.

Color me un-surprised.

Coming from a guy who thinks climate scientists are still divided on an issue in which they are united, including the entire world population outside of 20% of the knuckle-dragging right-wing crazy party of the USA. Considering July 2015 was the hottest month on record in human history and the obvious affects we are seeing from global warming such as the unprecedented drought and raging wild fires in Cali. But yeah, your "opinion" is so valued on this topic. We just need some more research! Can't actually do anything about the massive warming of the planet until "MOAR RESEARCH" is done.

Idiot.

boutons_deux
09-08-2015, 11:13 AM
3 more Senate Democrats back Iran deal

Three more Democratic senators announced their endorsement of the Iran nuclear pact today, creating a 41-vote firewall of support, but it remains unclear if Democrats will use their numbers to filibuster and block a vote on a GOP-backed resolution of disapproval.

Ron Wyden of Oregon, Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut and Gary Peters of Michigan announced they will back the deal. President Obama has all but locked up support to sustain a veto of the disapproval resolution in both the House and Senate, but the Democratic senators now backing the president could deny opponents the 60-vote threshold needed to advance the measure to the White House.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/la-na-iran-obama-support-20150908-story.html

Obama just kicked all y'all stinky redneck asses, AGAIN!

Barack Obama
09-08-2015, 11:18 AM
3 more Senate Democrats back Iran deal

Three more Democratic senators announced their endorsement of the Iran nuclear pact today, creating a 41-vote firewall of support, but it remains unclear if Democrats will use their numbers to filibuster and block a vote on a GOP-backed resolution of disapproval.

Ron Wyden of Oregon, Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut and Gary Peters of Michigan announced they will back the deal. President Obama has all but locked up support to sustain a veto of the disapproval resolution in both the House and Senate, but the Democratic senators now backing the president could deny opponents the 60-vote threshold needed to advance the measure to the White House.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/la-na-iran-obama-support-20150908-story.html

Obama just kicked all y'all stinky redneck asses, AGAIN!

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif

spurraider21
09-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Why is splits ranting about AGW in this thread :lol

boutons_deux
09-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Republican Lawrence Wilkerson on Dick Cheney: 'This is a man who's lost his mind' (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/09/1419678/-Republican-Lawrence-Wilkerson-on-Dick-Cheney-This-is-a-man-who-s-lost-his-mind)

Chris Hayes included a Fox News clip where Chris Wallace reminded a willful history revising Dick Cheney that during the Bush/Cheney administration Iran went from 0 to 5,000 centrifuges. Wallace suggested that Cheney left a mess for the Obama administration.

Republican Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, chief of staff to Secretary of State General Colin Powell, was introduced. (Colin Powell endorsed the Iran Nuclear agreement (http://egbertowillies.com/2015/09/08/colin-powell-explains-his-support-for-the-iran-nuclear-deal-video/) this weekend.) Chris Hayes asked Wilkerson about Cheney's apocalyptic warning about the Iran deal. Lawrence Wilkerson did not mince words.

"I have been searching for a single word that would describe Dick Cheney," Wilkerson said. "And I am afraid the only one that I can think of is 'insanity'. It's a deliberate, it's a methodical, it's a lucid, often lucid insanity. But it is insanity nonetheless. He can't recognize reality. He can't recognize the truth. The good thing Chris, for this country is that Independents, Republicans, and Democrats wish he would just go away now. He has almost no influence. You saw the influence he has virtually by numbers. Those at the AEI today that listened to his speech (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/08/1419542/-In-bid-to-derail-Iran-deal-Dick-Cheney-preaches-to-his-choir), that's about it."

Dick Cheney's speech at AEI was interrupted by a Code Pink protester (http://egbertowillies.com/2015/09/08/code-pink-calls-dick-cheney-a-war-criminal-at-his-aei-specch-attacking-iran-nuclear-deal-video/).

Lawrence Wilkerson pointed out that Dick Cheney was once a brilliant strategist. He said Cheney changed after nine eleven. "All of a sudden he's turned into this person who cannot recognize reality," Wilkerson said. "I can't explain it. Maybe its physiological. Maybe it's biological. Maybe 9/11 did something to him. ... He is simply devoid of reason and he doesn't recognize reality anymore."

Wilkerson went on to make the point that Dick Cheney was using the same fear-mongering technique used by Joseph McCarty.

At the end Wilkerson makes the Defense Industrial Complex / Dick Cheney association.

"Cheney is a millionaire now," Wilkerson said. "So maybe I am assuming his insanity and maybe I am wrong. Maybe he sees this as a way, as a route to success and it turned out to be profitable. His personal finances now are quite well established. He is a multi-millionaire.

This is a man who in 1998, Chris, said most forcefully as CEO of Halliburton, that sanctions were not working, that they wouldn't work unless they were comprehensive and international. And he wanted to do deals with Iran. And so he was bashing sanctions up one wall and down the other. This is a man who's lost his mind."

Any more question about Dick Cheney or his motives?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/09/1419678/-Republican-Lawrence-Wilkerson-on-Dick-Cheney-This-is-a-man-who-s-lost-his-mind?detail=email

boutons_deux
09-10-2015, 04:05 PM
Senate just killed the vote on the veto. Barry kickin ass

and dickhead Cheney, GFY

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Thanks Barry.

http://europe.newsweek.com/israel-will-not-exist-25-years-says-irans-supreme-leader-332718

boutons_deux
09-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Thanks Barry.

http://europe.newsweek.com/israel-will-not-exist-25-years-says-irans-supreme-leader-332718

:lol Darrin believes some Muslim fucked up extremist's 25 year prediction.

Spurminator
09-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Thanks Barry.

Did you think this was a deal between the U.S. and the Ayatollah?

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 05:29 PM
Barry and Kerry are Middle East masters!

Splits
09-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Thanks Barry.

Notice he is not talking about eliminating the Jewish people from Palestine, just the racist, apartheid, Zionist regime. The two state solution is dead due to the Zionist illegal confiscation of lands across the '48 borders. The only solution is a single democratic state for all Jews, Muslims and Christians. And in that scenario, the Zionist regime will not be elected to office.

Let's hope he is right.

Oh, and let's not forget his preferred outcome (regime change) is the exact same position the Zionists take about the Iranian government.

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Notice he is not talking about eliminating the Jewish people from Palestine, just the racist, apartheid, Zionist regime. The two state solution is dead due to the Zionist illegal confiscation of lands across the '48 borders. The only solution is a single democratic state for all Jews, Muslims and Christians. And in that scenario, the Zionist regime will not be elected to office.

Let's hope he is right.

Oh, and let's not forget his preferred outcome (regime change) is the exact same position the Zionists take about the Iranian government.

Smh

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Thanks Barry.

http://europe.newsweek.com/israel-will-not-exist-25-years-says-irans-supreme-leader-332718Are you Israeli, Darrin?

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Are you Israeli, Darrin?

So, as long as their only nuclear ambition is to wipe out Israel, it's all good? Smh

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 08:16 PM
So, as long as their only nuclear ambition is to wipe out Israel, it's all good? SmhSo you really think their only nuclear ambition is to wipe out Israel?

Yes or no, Darrin.

Speak up.

Shastafarian
09-10-2015, 08:27 PM

Let's hope he is right.

You're either incredibly naive or purposefully being obtuse. You think he really believes in a mixed population state? No. Why? Because no one believes it's possible with the history and current sentiments. Which means we have to take his comments to mean he wants to eliminate zionism all together. At this point in time that means expelling or killing a majority of israeli jews from the region.

A shame Arafat was such a pussy or this could've been on the way to healing 15 years ago. And fuck Netanyahu for furthering the Israeli right wing agenda. But to claim Iran is noble in this scenario is hilariously biased. But I didn't expect much more from you.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Any answer, Darrin?

I'm just asking what you think about Iran.

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Any answer, Darrin?

I'm just asking what you think about Iran.

I would never want any rogue nation to have a nuke.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 08:36 PM
I would never want any rogue nation to have a nuke.That wasn't the question, Darrin.

Do you really think Iran's only nuclear ambition is to wipe out Israel?

Yes or no, Darrin.

Speak up.

Splits
09-10-2015, 08:37 PM
You're either incredibly naive or purposefully being obtuse. You think he really believes in a mixed population state? No. Why? Because no one believes it's possible with the history and current sentiments. Which means we have to take his comments to mean he wants to eliminate zionism all together. At this point in time that means expelling or killing a majority of israeli jews from the region.

A shame Arafat was such a pussy or this could've been on the way to healing 15 years ago. And fuck Netanyahu for furthering the Israeli right wing agenda. But to claim Iran is noble in this scenario is hilariously biased. But I didn't expect much more from you.

You're either incredibly stupid or susceptible to media smears. Eliminating Zionism is a noble goal and has nothing to do with expelling or killing Jews. There are plenty of anti-Zionist Jews, and they are on the right side of history since they recognize that Zionism has caused apartheid in the holy land.

By the way, when has Iran invaded or bombed another country? Did you know there are thousands of Jews living and openly practicing their religion in synagogues in Iran? And where is the call for murder of Jews? Zionism has long been recognized as racism. The words are directed at the Zionist government, not the people living there. But keep believing the propaganda you're being fed.

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 08:40 PM
That wasn't the question, Darrin.

Do you really think Iran's only nuclear ambition is to wipe out Israel?

Yes or no, Darrin.

Speak up.

Yes. But I think they want even more power in the region.

Clear enough answer for you?

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Yes. But I think they want even more power in the region.

Clear enough answer for you?Actually, you just contradicted yourself, so not really.

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Actually, you just contradicted yourself, so not really.

In terms of priorities, they'd like to nuke the Jews first.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 08:53 PM
In terms of priorities, they'd like to nuke the Jews first.Why is there a Jewish MP in Iran's parliament?

Shouldn't they kill him first if that is their goal?

Splits
09-10-2015, 08:54 PM
In terms of priorities, they'd like to nuke the Jews first.

Yes, because they've proven to be nihilist radicals with no sense of self-preservation. Completely irrational actors. Look at all the countries they are invading and bombing!

Splits
09-10-2015, 08:55 PM
Why is there a Jewish MP in Iran's parliament?

Shouldn't they kill him first if that is their goal?

They're waiting to develop the bomb so they can nuke him in parliament. Dey crazy.

Shastafarian
09-10-2015, 08:56 PM
You're either incredibly stupid or susceptible to media smears. Eliminating Zionism is a noble goal and has nothing to do with expelling or killing Jews. There are plenty of anti-Zionist Jews, and they are on the right side of history since they recognize that Zionism has caused apartheid in the holy land.The conditions of the Palestinians is a by-product of many things, one of them being jewish immigration. You clearly choose to believe one side of history.

By the way, when has Iran invaded or bombed another country?How many people has Iran killed in the past 10 years? I'm more concerned with that than how many countries they have invaded.

Did you know there are thousands of Jews living and openly practicing their religion in synagogues in Iran?lol oh have you been to Iran? I never said the Iranian regime was anti-semitic. Jews live in Iran but fear retribution daily if they step out of line.

And where is the call for murder of Jews?It's between the lines. You obviously can't read there.

Zionism has long been recognized as racism. You also seem to struggle with synonyms

The words are directed at the Zionist government, not the people living there. Again, you're incredibly naive. While a good portion of Israelis don't agree with right-wing nutjobs like Bibi, they also enjoy living in their homes which happen to be in Israel. That is something the Iranian regime has vocalized being opposed to if it means muslims don't have right of return.

But keep believing the propaganda you're being fed.Not propaganda. I know how to interpret spoken words.

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Yes, because they've proven to be nihilist radicals with no sense of self-preservation. Completely irrational actors. Look at all the countries they are invading and bombing!

Give me a list of the countries Isael is invading and bombing.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 09:04 PM
Give me a list of the countries Isael is invading and bombing.Do military occupations count with for this, Darrin?

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Do military occupations count with for this, Darrin?

What country are they occupying?

Splits
09-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Give me a list of the countries Isael is invading and bombing.

Right. Because they didn't indiscriminately murder 495 children last year in Gaza with thousands more injured. Or do the same 2 years prior. Or bomb Lebanon. Or Syria. Or Iraq.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 09:10 PM
What country are they occupying?Part of Syria and the "disputed" Palestinian lands. They also occupied parts of Egypt and Lebanon in fairly recent history.

Don't you know these things, Darrin?

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Face it. The Iranians were licking their chops when they were dealing with Barry and Kerry.

Red line

Splits
09-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Not propaganda. I know how to interpret spoken words.

Then interpret this for me:

'Recognition of Israel after Palestinian solution' (http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/international/140203-recognition-of-israel-after-palestinian-solution)

Iran's FM also says extermination of Jews by Nazi regime was 'tragically cruel and should not happen again'

"Once the Palestinian problem is solved the conditions for an Iranian recognition of Israel will be possible," the Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Monday in an interview with the German TV station Phoenix.

"We have to put on the table a solution that will be acceptable by the Palestinians but until now we have not seen such a proposal," Zarif noted. "Crimes have been committed against the Palestinian people and we just cannot do that [recognize Israel] until they will be recognize. Only then it will be possible to discuss other solutions," he added.

However, as part of the Iranian regime's newfound desire to normalize relations with the international community, Zarif told the international conference in Munich on Sunday that that the extermination of Jews by the Nazi regime was "tragically cruel and should not happen again,"

Last September, in an interview to Georgre Stephanopoulos, Zarif said: “The Holocaust is not a myth. Nobody’s talking about a myth.”

"We condemn the killing of innocent people," he told Stephanopoulos, adding that the "Holocaust was a heinous crime, it was a genocide, it must never be allowed to be repeated, but that crime cannot be and should not be a justification to trample the rights of the Palestinian people for 60 years."

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Part of Syria and the "disputed" Palestinian lands. They also occupied parts of Egypt and Lebanon in fairly recent history.

Don't you know these things, Darrin?

based on your logic, the U.S. Is occupying Great Britton and Mexico.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 09:16 PM
Face it. The Iranians were licking their chops when they were dealing with Barry and Kerry.

Red line:cryFace it:cry

You're hilarious, Darrin. You don't even know what you're angry about most of the time.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 09:17 PM
based on your logic, the U.S. Is occupying Great Britton and Mexico.How so, Darrin?

Explain how they are exactly alike based on my logic so I can clear up any misunderstanding you undoubtedly have.

And it's Britain.

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 09:17 PM
:cryFace it:cry

You're hilarious, Darrin. You don't even know what you're angry about most of the time.

desperate post

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 09:19 PM
desperate post
I agree your :cryFace it:cry post was pretty desperate, Darrin. All emotion. Fact free.

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 09:19 PM
How so, Darrin?

Explain how they are exactly alike based on my logic.

And it's Britain.

Thanks for the spell check. No, I'm not going to write an essay about the Golan Heights and how the Israel captured that area.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the spell check. No, I'm not going to write an essay about the Golan Heights and how the airaelis captured that area.So your contention is that the UN doesn't recognize the US territory that used to be part of Mexico?

Use your words, Darrin.

DarrinS
09-10-2015, 09:25 PM
I'm so interested to read ChunpDumpsters non-partisan views on this subject

Again, however you feel about him and there is still some time for another economic meltdowns -- can anyone think of a more successful second term president?

slurp, slurp, slurp

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm so interested to read ChunpDumpsters non-partisan views on this subject

slurp, slurp, slurpDesperate attempt to change the subject, Darrin -- but can you think of a more successful second term president, Darrin?

I notice you bring up my question a lot but you never answer it, Darrin.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 09:28 PM
And if you are stating the occupied territories are now Israeli territory by some right of conquest, that pretty much supports the position of someone like Splits that Israel is pretty militarily aggressive.

Is that, in fact, what you are stating, Darrin?

Make yourself clear.

DMX7
09-10-2015, 09:39 PM
His typo is all a part of the information warefare!

Shastafarian
09-10-2015, 10:06 PM
Then interpret this for me:

That would be a quote by the seemingly more reasonable Iranian Foreign Minister; a person I would suspect has little say in final policy decisions.

What are the supreme leader's thoughts on the Holocaust?

Shastafarian
09-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Western countries allow no freedom of expression, which they claim to advocate, with regard to the myth of the massacre of Jews known as the holocaust, and nobody in the West enjoys the freedom of expression to deny it or raise doubts about it...In case you had trouble finding a pertinent quote.

Splits
09-10-2015, 10:45 PM
That would be a quote by the seemingly more reasonable Iranian Foreign Minister; a person I would suspect has little say in final policy decisions.

What are the supreme leader's thoughts on the Holocaust?

Gotcha.

If the Foreign Minister of the country says something reasonable, it is a conspiracy and he has no influence.

The fact of the matter is Iran's leadership takes the same position as Israel's leadership takes of them: regime change. Israel does not seek to kill all Persians, just overthrow their regime. Iran does not seek to kill all Jews, just overthrow their regime. Both with good reason, tbh. Both regimes are sick and demented (though only one commits mass-murder and kills hundreds of children regularly against their neighbors).

This was clearly laid out recently by Khamenei. Notice how "elimination of Israel" is solely about the Zionist regime that is currently in power, not the citizens. Not pushing them into the sea. Not killing them. Simply justice for all living in greater Palestine.

https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/W1hj5siDP6-5rvotKbWTJjrkHOx-QI7Px7WFIgpEsvPi_0ZfRXJow7bCGCUQHMHBEZeBdUztLewKVY SpjyUTIHVdgCpp=s0-d-e1-ft#https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1_LKrrIcAAMAZB.png

Are any of those 9 Q&A even controversial? He explicitly calls for no military conflict in point #8 ("We recommend neither a classical war by the army of Muslim countries nor to throw migrated Jews at sea"). This is a rational foreign policy proposal for anyone who is not a blinded Zionist.

Meanwhile, you have American politicians openly calling for extensive bombing of Iran, even nuking Iran. Yet none of their officials make similar claims. And the Zionist-controlled media continually spews "wipe Israel off the map" and "push the Jews into the sea" as if that were Iranian policy.

Note there are up to 25000 Jews willingly living inside Iran, despite the fact that they could leave if they wanted:

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/08/iran-nuclear-deal-nazi-germany/400631/

The Iranian regime has been in power for 36 years. It governs a Jewish population of between 10,000 and 25,000. Life for Iranian Jews is not easy. They cannot express any sympathy for Israel. Indeed, they must go out of their way to reject Zionism lest they confirm regime suspicions about their loyalty. And those suspicions sometimes descend into outright persecution,as happened in 1999 in the city of Shiraz, when 13 Jews were imprisoned for several years on charges of spying for Israel.

But while Iran’s Jews are not free, neither is their government trying to kill them. Three and a half decades after the Islamic Revolution, Iran boasts perhaps 60 functioning synagogues, along with multiple kosher butchers and Jewish schools. The regime recently erected a monument to Jews who died fighting in the Iran-Iraq War. When former president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad denied the Holocaust, the leader of Iran’s Jewish community publicly reprimanded him. Perhaps most tellingly, a substantial Jewish community remains in Iran, despite being allowed to leave.

Shastafarian
09-10-2015, 11:07 PM
Gotcha.

If the Foreign Minister of the country says something reasonable, it is a conspiracy and he has no influence.*Sigh* Again you get your panties in a twist. What I said is the FM seems reasonable but that just like members of the cabinet here, he likely doesn't have final say over policy decisions. In fact you can argue he has less power than his contemporaries in western countries.

The fact of the matter is Iran's leadership takes the same position as Israel's leadership takes of them: regime change. Israel does not seek to kill all Persians, just overthrow their regime. Iran does not seek to kill all Jews, just overthrow their regime. Both with good reason, tbh. Both regimes are sick and demented (though only one commits mass-murder and kills hundreds of children regularly against their neighbors). Wow we agree. Only I seem to be the one in this argument who sees that both regimes would kill as many civilians as needed on the opposing side to achieve their goals.

This was clearly laid out recently by Khamenei. Notice how "elimination of Israel" is solely about the Zionist regime that is currently in power, not the citizens. Not pushing them into the sea. Not killing them. Simply justice for all living in greater Palestine.

https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/W1hj5siDP6-5rvotKbWTJjrkHOx-QI7Px7WFIgpEsvPi_0ZfRXJow7bCGCUQHMHBEZeBdUztLewKVY SpjyUTIHVdgCpp=s0-d-e1-ft#https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1_LKrrIcAAMAZB.png

Are any of those 9 Q&A even controversial? He explicitly calls for no military conflict in point #8 ("We recommend neither a classical war by the army of Muslim countries nor to throw migrated Jews at sea"). This is a rational foreign policy proposal for anyone who is not a blinded Zionist."We'll just funnel money to militant organizations to do all the dirty work for us." There are other issues with that handy infographic. We can debate it if you really want to.

Note there are up to 25000 Jews willingly living inside Iran, despite the fact that they could leave if they wanted:

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/08/iran-nuclear-deal-nazi-germany/400631/

This link echoes what I said earlier. Iranian jews are not "free" per se but also are not rounded up and thrown in jail en masse for reason.

But back on topic. This deal is necessary. I don't trust the Iranian leadership anymore than I would trust republican war-hawks here or right-wing nuts in Israel. The situation over there is extremely complex and right now the leadership in both countries only seeks to destabilize to achieve their goals. That being said I think Israel has a right to exist since there was a binding UN resolution back in 1947. Jews were happy enough to accept what some considered a lopsided deal (jews got lots of desert territory). Instead, surrounding arab countries invaded and attempted to push the jews into the sea (in actuality). I think it's funny you believe the supreme leader wants nothing more than jews, muslims, and christians to live in harmony.

boutons_deux
09-11-2015, 05:50 AM
He's an extremist right-wing East TX Repug, proof that he's lying.

Gohmert Vows To Quit Congress And Await 'Nuclear Holocaust' If Iran Deal Passes

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/louie-gohmert-glenn-beck-iran

... and he's probably too wonderfully dumb to be a lobbyist.

boutons_deux
09-11-2015, 06:35 AM
Michele Bachmann: US must send message of ‘peace’ to Iran by bombing nuclear sites — maybe with nukes

Former congresswoman Michele Bachmann wants to send a wake-up call to Iran by bombing its nuclear facilities — possibly with nuclear weapons.

Bachmann, who retired when her term ended last year, argued that a bombing raid against Iran would prevent war — not cause one.

“There is only one tried and true method that stops a rogue nation from getting a nuclear bomb, and it’s this: It is for a country like the United States to take our military superiority and to go into that country and to drop bombs on their nuclear hardware and destroy it,” Bachmann said.

“That’s called peace,” she added. “That’s not called war.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/michele-bachmann-us-must-send-message-of-peace-to-iran-by-bombing-nuclear-sites-maybe-with-nukes/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

boutons_deux
09-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Israel Lobby Spent Over $20 Million to Stop Iran Deal and Got Almost Nothing for It

http://www.alternet.org/world/israel-lobby-spent-over-20-million-stop-iran-deal-and-got-almost-nothing-it?akid=13468.187590.bdDq9D&rd=1&src=newsletter1042255&t=8

Winehole23
09-12-2015, 02:03 PM
At first glance, the metals that give atom bombs their destructive fury might seem interchangeable: Uranium and plutonium are both more valuable than gold. Both captivate would-be atomic powers. And both fueled bombs that leveled Japanese cities — uranium at Hiroshima and plutonium at Nagasaki.

But to see them as equal is to ignore a crucial difference: Of the 15,000 or so nuclear warheads on the planet, atomic experts say, more than 95 percent rely on plutonium to ignite their firestorms.

As a fuel for weapons, plutonium packs a far greater punch than uranium, and in bulk can be easier and cheaper to produce. Which is why some nuclear experts voice incomprehension at what they see as a lopsided focus on uranium in evaluations of the deal reached with Iran (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/15/world/middleeast/iran-nuclear-deal-is-reached-after-long-negotiations.html) — under which Tehran would forsake the production of plutonium.

“It was an incredibly big breakthrough,” said Siegfried S. Hecker, a Stanford professor and former director of the Los Alamos weapons lab in New Mexico, the birthplace of the bomb. “But nobody seems to care.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/08/science/irans-unsung-plutonium-concession-in-nuclear-deal.html?_r=0

Winehole23
09-13-2015, 12:46 PM
red-diaper baby Brent Scowcroft weighs in:

Congress again faces a momentous decision regarding U.S. policy toward the Middle East. The forthcoming vote on the nuclear deal between the P5+1 and Iran (known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, or JCPOA (https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/parametersforajointcomprehenisveplanofaction.pdf)) will show the world whether the United States has the will and sense of responsibility to help stabilize the Middle East, or whether it will contribute to further turmoil, including the possible spread of nuclear weapons. Strong words perhaps, but clear language is helpful in the cacophony of today’s media.

In my view, the JCPOA meets the key objective, shared by recent administrations of both parties, that Iran limit itself to a strictly civilian nuclear program with unprecedented verification and monitoring by the International Atomic Energy Agency and the U.N. Security Council. Iran has committed to never developing or acquiring a nuclear weapon; the deal ensures that this will be the case for at least 15 years and likely longer, unless Iran repudiates the inspection regime and its commitments under the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons and Additional Protocol.

There is no more credible expert on nuclear weapons than Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz, who led the technical negotiating team. When he asserts that the JCPOA blocks each of Iran’s pathways to the fissile material necessary to make a nuclear weapon, responsible people listen. Twenty-nine eminent U.S. nuclear scientists have endorsed (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/08/08/world/document-iranletteraug2015.html) Moniz’s assertions.

If the United States could have handed Iran a “take it or leave it” agreement, the terms doubtless would have been more onerous on Iran. But negotiated agreements, the only ones that get signed in times of peace, are compromises by definition. It is what President Reagan did with the Soviet Union on arms control; it is what President Nixon did with China.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-iran-deal-an-epochal-moment/2015/08/21/c9c870b4-480f-11e5-8e7d-9c033e6745d8_story.html

boutons_deux
09-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Israeli intelligence Mossad and Shin Bet both counter Bibi and support JCPOA.

As ALWAYS, the Repugs are WRONG and their FUD is pure BULLSHIT

boutons_deux
09-20-2015, 04:42 PM
It's a Jewish/Israeli source, but is it wrong?

The Greatest Threat Facing Iran: Running Out of Water

Israel came to Iran’s rescue decades ago—and might again be the Islamic republic’s best hope for avoiding catastrophe

Rather, the greatest threat to Iran may be that the country is running out of water. The problem is so severe that social unrest, economic dislocation, even out migration can all be imagined. One government advisor recently predicted that as many as fifty million Iranians—seventy percent of Iran’s population—may be forced to leave because of a lack of water.

Water problems are a proxy for bad governance, and Iran has water problems galore. Underground resources have been overpumped beyond what can be naturally recharged by rain, and, on the present course, many aquifers will soon be unusable.

Iranian agriculture is among the most wasteful in the world.

Most countries use about seventy percent of their water for agriculture; Iran uses over ninety percent. Even so, Iran is already not self-sufficient in food, a trend that is projected to get worse.

The Islamic Republic’s climate is mostly arid and semiarid, which, by definition, means it only gets modest rainfall.

More than half of the country’s wells are believed to have been dug illegally and many of them, possibly most, are now polluted.

More than two-thirds of all industrial facilities fail to treat their wastewater, and manufacturers, even of chemical products, generally dump their waste into Iran’s waterways.

Iran discharges more than sixty percent of its sewage untreated, polluting groundwater, rivers, and lakes. Climate change is only likely to exacerbate the overall poor water outlook.

By contrast, Israel—Iran’s self-declared foe—has perhaps the most sophisticated and successful integrated water management system in the world.

Israel itself is sixty percent desert, has among the most rapidly growing populations and economies in the world, and markedly less rainfall than the modest amount at its founding in 1948.

Even so, Israel now has such an abundance of water that it exports billions of dollars a year of fruit and vegetables, and also provides water to Palestinians and the Kingdom of Jordan every day.

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/193549/iran-water-crisis?utm_source=tabletmagazinelist&utm_campaign=0696057f6b-Thursday_September_17_20159_17_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c308bf8edb-0696057f6b-207214637

Splits
09-20-2015, 05:29 PM
Yeah, but most of Gaza's water is undrinkable: http://www.imemc.org/article/72970

DarrinS
09-21-2015, 02:07 PM
lol

"The chief of the U.N. nuclear agency acknowledged Monday that samples used to determine whether Iran tried to develop a nuclear weapon were collected by the Iranians instead of agency experts, but insisted the probe stands up to strict agency standards."

http://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2015/09/21/iran-gives-samples-from-military-site-to-nuclear-inspectors

Splits
09-21-2015, 02:33 PM
lol

"The chief of the U.N. nuclear agency acknowledged Monday that samples used to determine whether Iran tried to develop a nuclear weapon were collected by the Iranians instead of agency experts, but insisted the probe stands up to strict agency standards."

http://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2015/09/21/iran-gives-samples-from-military-site-to-nuclear-inspectors

Wow. That sounds nefarious!

Deputy IAEA Director General Tero Varjoranta said that there have been over 40 instances of letting a country being inspected use their own nationals to do their own sampling and that the process is only a small part of a rigid regimen established by the agency to make sure there is no cheating.

He said the criteria at Parchin included: invasive monitoring by video and still cameras while the sampling took place; GPS tracking of the sampling process; IAEA agreement on where the samples were to be taken; review by unspecified peers of the inspection process; risk assessment and strict observance to make sure that procedures were followed step by step.

boutons_deux
09-23-2015, 08:02 AM
when Iran and Israel , or others like Fiorina, talk about nuking anybody, do they know really what they are saying?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/sep/21/building-the-atom-bomb-the-full-story-of-the-nevada-test-site?CMP=twt_gu&ncid=newsltushpmg00000003

DarrinS
09-23-2015, 08:06 AM
when Iran and Israel , or others like Fiorina, talk about nuking anybody, do they know really what they are saying?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/sep/21/building-the-atom-bomb-the-full-story-of-the-nevada-test-site?CMP=twt_gu&ncid=newsltushpmg00000003

When did Fiorina talk about that?

boutons_deux
09-23-2015, 08:08 AM
When did Fiorina talk about that?

in the last couple days, towards Iran.

boutons_deux
09-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Ted Cruz Threatens to Assassinate Iran’s Supreme Leader

At Friday morning's rightwing panderfest, also known as the "Value Voters Summit", Texas Senator Ted Cruz set the tone early (http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2015/09/ted-cruz-calls-obama-communist-gloats-about-boehner-quitting-threatens-to-assassinate-irans-supreme-leader.html/) by calling the President a Communist, mocking recently lame-ducked Speaker of the House John Boehner, and threatening to kill Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

“If you vote for Hillary you are voting for Iran to acquire nuclear weapons,” the Senator said according to The Dallas Morning News. “If you vote for me, under no circumstances will Iran be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons. And If the Ayatollah doesn’t understand that, we may have to help introduce him to his 72 virgins.”

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/ted-cruz-threatens-assassinate-irans-supreme-leader

Winehole23
04-27-2018, 01:38 AM
Defense Secretary Mattis defends deal, calls oversight "robust":

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/385094-mattis-defends-iran-deal-as-trump-considers-withdrawal

boutons_deux
04-28-2018, 03:36 PM
racist, homophobe, war monger Pompeo already going after Iran

Pompeo starts Mideast tour with call for new Iran sanctions

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-usa-saudi-pompeo/pompeo-starts-mideast-tour-with-will-call-for-new-iran-sanctions-idUSKBN1HZ0RA?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FPoliticsNews+%28Reu ters+Politics+News%29

Macron, after being talked at by Trash, thinks the Iran deal is dead.

Repugs fucking up everything they touch.

boutons_deux
04-29-2018, 10:28 AM
As Trash, Pompeo, Bolton, MIC, etc move towards withdrawing from the Iran deal, even war with Iran ...

Britain, France and Germany agree support for Iran nuclear deal

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-britain/britain-france-and-germany-agree-support-for-iran-nuclear-deal-idUSKBN1I00GE?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F +US+%2F+Top+News%29

boutons_deux
04-29-2018, 12:28 PM
U.S. concerned by 'destabilizing and malign activities' of Iran: Pompeo

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-usa-pompeo-saudi/u-s-concerned-by-destabilizing-and-malign-activities-of-iran-pompeo-idUSKBN1I0096?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FPoliticsNews+%28Reu ters+Politics+News%29

:lol USA destablished the Middle Est for BigOil

USA/CIA overthrew the elected Pres Mossadegh in 1953, installed the murderous dictator Shah, which led to the 1979 Iranian Revolution and Embassy occupation, and the Repugs secret deal with Iran to hold the hostage until the day of St Ronnie's inauguration in return for no retaliation by USA, and to deny Carter credit for their release.

Trash, Bolton, Pompeo, the MIC want war with Iran, an unwinnable war, of course. It's the only kind USA does the last few decades.