PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: The Truth Laker Nation Doesn't Want to Admit

DMC
09-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Lakers fans should have completely lost faith in the future of that franchise under Jimmy Buss the very fucking second they gave Kobe a 50m dollar 2 year deal.

From a business perspective, it makes perfect sense, but how many sports fans give a shit about good business decisions when their team is suffering? If the decision secures the future of the franchise, that's one thing, but Jimmy's basically threw away the future for the present, to milk the Kobe fans for every penny they have. He probably saw all the Mexican and Pinoy Kobe love and thought "I can work with this".

It was at that moment, that fatal pen stroke, that sealed the fate of Laker nation for at least 6 more years.

I'll let you in on another secret you probably are too stupid to get: Okafor was intentionally ignored to avoid pulling spotlight from Kobe in his final fat contract season. Why have a ROY candidate outshine your cash cow? We know that's not how Lakers fans work, and that's not how Jimmy Buss spends.

So now you have Russell and Randle, Roy "1 rebound per series" Hibbert and a group of scrubs around Kobe. Guess what that does? It creates an illusion that losses are growing pains and that wins are Kobe's greatness. It insulates Kobe and attempts to soften the hit he's taken to his legacy over the past few years.

One more little tidbit for you: They didn't want LMA either. Oh Mitch probably did. Kobe and Jim didn't. Maybe in a couple years when Kobe retires, but while he's playing he has to be the focus on offense, always, every trip, 44 minutes a game, even when they are being blown out.

09-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Get in here Dale

Silver&Black
09-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Get in here Dale

He will just say...

25-5-5

DMC
09-01-2015, 07:45 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4668909/buckwheat-o.gif

Koolaid_Man
09-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Lakers fans should have completely lost faith in the future of that franchise under Jimmy Buss the very fucking second they gave Kobe a 50m dollar 2 year deal.

From a business perspective, it makes perfect sense, but how many sports fans give a shit about good business decisions when their team is suffering? If the decision secures the future of the franchise, that's one thing, but Jimmy's basically threw away the future for the present, to milk the Kobe fans for every penny they have. He probably saw all the Mexican and Pinoy Kobe love and thought "I can work with this".

It was at that moment, that fatal pen stroke, that sealed the fate of Laker nation for at least 6 more years.

I'll let you in on another secret you probably are too stupid to get: Okafor was intentionally ignored to avoid pulling spotlight from Kobe in his final fat contract season. Why have a ROY candidate outshine your cash cow? We know that's not how Lakers fans work, and that's not how Jimmy Buss spends.

So now you have Russell and Randle, Roy "1 rebound per series" Hibbert and a group of scrubs around Kobe. Guess what that does? It creates an illusion that losses are growing pains and that wins are Kobe's greatness. It insulates Kobe and attempts to soften the hit he's taken to his legacy over the past few years.

One more little tidbit for you: They didn't want LMA either. Oh Mitch probably did. Kobe and Jim didn't. Maybe in a couple years when Kobe retires, but while he's playing he has to be the focus on offense, always, every trip, 44 minutes a game, even when they are being blown out.

What a rambling..incoherent...piece of shit..you can do better fat belly boy..ok
5hfYJsQAhl0

Medvedenko
09-01-2015, 09:53 PM

All that bs and the Lakers are still the better franchise and have accomplished more in terms of capturing the zeitgeist. Enjoy the spurs, outside this board no one really cares. Sorry bro.

Buddy Mignon
09-01-2015, 10:31 PM
All that bs and the Lakers are still the better franchise and have accomplished more in terms of capturing the zeitgeist. Enjoy the spurs, outside this board no one really cares. Sorry bro.

Killakobe81
09-01-2015, 10:49 PM
Why did you pity post in this thread, Med?

Thebesteva
09-01-2015, 10:59 PM

Things are looking very bad right now and if Jim Buss doesn't fuck off we're fucked for decades to come like the Raiders. It's my biggest fear for us and has been since the 90's about our transition without Dr. Buss.

But I really believe this team will either turn things around in 5-6 years or be sold to someone who can. Laker fans are not going to sit around and be too happy if something special doesnt happen in the next half decade or so. Jim Buss is the best thing to happen to Laker haters since the HIV virus.

daslicer
09-02-2015, 01:47 AM
Things are looking very bad right now and if Jim Buss doesn't fuck off we're fucked for decades to come like the Raiders. It's my biggest fear for us and has been since the 90's about our transition without Dr. Buss.

But I really believe this team will either turn things around in 5-6 years or be sold to someone who can. Laker fans are not going to sit around and be too happy if something special doesnt happen in the next half decade or so. Jim Buss is the best thing to happen to Laker haters since the HIV virus.

They will take it up the ass or find a new team to bandwagon on. Jim strikes me as a guy who doesn't give a shit what people think of him. He won't sell the team because the Lakers gives him and the Buss family their identity and purpose. The only way Jimbo sells the team is if he gets caught up in a Sterling type of situation.

Buddy Mignon
09-02-2015, 10:15 AM
They will take it up the ass or find a new team to bandwagon on. Jim strikes me as a guy who doesn't give a shit what people think of him. He won't sell the team because the Lakers gives him and the Buss family their identity and purpose. The only way Jimbo sells the team is if he gets caught up in a Sterling type of situation.

That's a crock of shit. He went to great measures to keep his divorce quiet. He gagged his ex wife and paid the judge to meet with him in private.

Mori Chu
09-02-2015, 10:48 AM
$48.5m for ...

MultiTroll
09-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Nice post.
Besides the incompetence of current Buss owners, all the accolades to Jerry Buss for the multi scams he ran, and yet wasn't it he that, from his assisted living bed gave orders to not rehire Phil J and instead bring on Diantoni?

They've always been a fraud organization, but for whatever reason the scams ended with Jerrys passing.

Clipper Nation
09-02-2015, 02:05 PM
:lmao Frosted tips

Clipper Nation
09-02-2015, 02:06 PM

:lol Keep dreaming, nurse:

Buss, who shares the majority ownership of the Lakers with his five siblings, said the Lakers' franchise is not on the market.

"There is no point to sell, because it's a family business," he said. "We have Jesse [Buss] who runs the scouting and does an incredible job. Joey [Buss], who is the business side and runs the D-Fenders and does a great job. They're the future of the Lakers.

"We're not going to sell, that's all there is to it."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-jim-buss-defends-scott-lakers-analytics-20150828-story.html

Kool Bob Love
09-02-2015, 02:09 PM
DMC. glad to have you back geezer.

Thebesteva
09-02-2015, 02:48 PM
:lol Keep dreaming, nurse:

Buss, who shares the majority ownership of the Lakers with his five siblings, said the Lakers' franchise is not on the market.

"There is no point to sell, because it's a family business," he said. "We have Jesse [Buss] who runs the scouting and does an incredible job. Joey [Buss], who is the business side and runs the D-Fenders and does a great job. They're the future of the Lakers.

"We're not going to sell, that's all there is to it."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-jim-buss-defends-scott-lakers-analytics-20150828-story.html

How angry are you that dog meat is illegal now in the US asian boy?

buttsR4rebounding
09-02-2015, 03:18 PM

...he says as he posts on this board for the 5,183rd time.

Clipper Nation
09-02-2015, 03:48 PM
How angry are you that dog meat is illegal now in the US asian boy?
The Pinoy Nurse

TheGreatYacht
09-02-2015, 04:11 PM

http://youtu.be/py0uKKWIkvo

Buddy Mignon
09-02-2015, 04:17 PM
WrfLiFibJG4

Medvedenko
09-02-2015, 04:24 PM
...he says as he posts on this board for the 5,183rd time.

Yes.....I've been part of this "board" since 2004.....

BD24
09-02-2015, 09:24 PM
WrfLiFibJG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYkEojS4_LQ

Thebesteva
09-02-2015, 10:14 PM
The Pinoy Nurse

I gotta give you credit on your Comic Con costume you creative asian bastard you

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/10984079_10153410058556112_3817791220754135613_n.p ng?oh=81584ad7d3f324faf32d775443e7e46f&oe=56605672

TheGreatYacht
09-02-2015, 10:17 PM
I gotta give you credit on your Comic Con costume you creative asian bastard you

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/10984079_10153410058556112_3817791220754135613_n.p ng?oh=81584ad7d3f324faf32d775443e7e46f&oe=56605672
:lmao

Clipper Nation
09-02-2015, 10:33 PM

This isn't a costume, this is what you wear to work every day:

http://i.imgur.com/rCscTQ8.jpg

Thebesteva
09-03-2015, 01:08 AM
This isn't a costume, this is what you wear to work every day:

http://i.imgur.com/rCscTQ8.jpg

:lol Nigga on the internet 24/7 and living off food stamps talking about how RN's are losers all of a sudden. Seriously dude get a job or go to school already, you're like 24 fucking years old and your greatest accomplishment in life is being slightly annoying on an NBA troll forum whose best days are behind them.

Reck
09-03-2015, 01:30 AM

But you losers come here anyway? What does that say about you here then? You care.

Buddy Mignon
09-03-2015, 09:21 AM
But you losers come here anyway? What does that say about you here then? You care.

Its our forum... you can leave.

Killakobe81
09-03-2015, 09:44 AM
:lol Nigga on the internet 24/7 and living off food stamps talking about how RN's are losers all of a sudden. Seriously dude get a job or go to school already, you're like 24 fucking years old and your greatest accomplishment in life is being slightly annoying on an NBA troll forum whose best days are behind them.

True on both accounts ...

Clipper Nation
09-03-2015, 10:56 AM
Your claim to fame is being a Pinoy nurse's personal fluffer.

Killakobe81
09-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Your claim to fame is being a Pinoy nurse's personal fluffer.

Yours is Lebron's specimen cup. A self-loathing Clippers fan who gets emoji's of encouragement from the shittiest of the posters here. Congrats ... you are winning!

Reck
09-03-2015, 06:04 PM

Fight your demons by posting here and I will..
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175871&page=104&p=8180618#post8180618

Dont be a pussy.

Reck
09-03-2015, 06:06 PM

How so?

This board is just as active as it was years ago.

Clipper Nation
09-03-2015, 06:47 PM
Yours is Lebron's specimen cup. A self-loathing Clippers fan who gets emoji's of encouragement from the shittiest of the posters here. Congrats ... you are winning!
> Killakobe81
> Kirby stan in denial first, Laker fan second
> Accusing anyone else of being any player's "specimen cup"

Top kek.

Reck
09-04-2015, 06:40 AM

So you ignored my other post. Will you post on the lol thread or no?

Raven
09-04-2015, 06:41 AM
I really don't see how was that a good business decision

Killakobe81
09-04-2015, 08:27 AM
How so?

This board is just as active as it was years ago.

Activity (quantity) does not = quality.

Killakobe81
09-04-2015, 08:30 AM
> Killakobe81
> Kirby stan in denial first, Laker fan second
> Accusing anyone else of being any player's "specimen cup"

Top kek.

I am a Kobe fan, never denied that ... defending him was part of why I came here ... but I am a Laker fan first. you can focus on my name, same as the other dicksuck who does the same around here. I wont defend it any longer, but glad it gets a rise out of you ...I thought about changing it a while back ... going with something else ...but i like it and dont plan to be here forever anyways.

unleashbaynes
09-04-2015, 09:27 AM

Is that an admission of nursery? Are you an actual Pinoy nurse?

Kidd K
09-04-2015, 12:14 PM

Salty fans of bandwagon teams the Spurs have cucked over the years during the Duncan era care.

Medvedenko
09-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Salty fans of bandwagon teams the Spurs have cucked over the years during the Duncan era care.

And....still no one cares. The fact you respond tells me you're salty and operating from an inferior standpoint....it's been like this since I've been here...all the way back to 04. Or is that .4...regardless.

Kidd K
09-04-2015, 12:26 PM
And....still no one cares. The fact you respond tells me you're salty and operating from an inferior standpoint....it's been like this since I've been here...all the way back to 04. Or is that .4...regardless.

Except that broken logic doesn't work since it would apply moreso to what you said in the first place. You're so salty about the Spurs you feel the need to make thousands of posts on a Spurs forum to try and belittle them. Pathetic really.

Medvedenko
09-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Except that broken logic doesn't work since it would apply moreso to what you said in the first place. You're so salty about the Spurs you feel the need to make thousands of posts on a Spurs forum to try and belittle them. Pathetic really.

If I don't exist, it would still happen, and this has nothing to do with the Lakers...it's to do with the overall second cousin nature of your franchise.

Killakobe81
09-04-2015, 12:57 PM
If I don't exist, it would still happen, and this has nothing to do with the Lakers...it's to do with the overall second cousin nature of your franchise.

Med coming back with a vengeance. One thing you gotta love (but I know y'all hate) we can suck for 3 years straight and most of us still look down on the rest of the NBA ... smh.

DMC
09-04-2015, 01:01 PM
I really don't see how was that a good business decision

Because winning championships or competing doesn't necessarily equate to dollars. Case in point, the Knicks can't win a fucking game but they are one of the most profitable organizations in the NBA. The Spurs have won 50 games a season for 16 or so years and they are down the list, behind teams that haven't won shit.

Why? Because revenue is based on market size and knowing your demographics. LA fans are Asian and Mexican mostly, with a bunch of blacks scattered throughout the country who bandwagon during the good years. The money though comes from people who don't know a lot about the game, they know who Kobe is though. They want to see Kobe play. MJ would sell out road games in arenas that couldn't sell out games otherwise. Kobe has the same effect, but not because he's a great player. He has that effect because he's a household name. You have that, you don't part with it unless you're in a market that doesn't allow you to capitalize on it. LA can capitalize on it. So it was a smart business move.

There's a facade in the NBA and in most professional sports that the game is about winning, but winning to you and me means holding a trophy. To them it often means ticket and merchandise sales.

Raven
09-04-2015, 02:26 PM
Because winning championships or competing doesn't necessarily equate to dollars. Case in point, the Knicks can't win a fucking game but they are one of the most profitable organizations in the NBA. The Spurs have won 50 games a season for 16 or so years and they are down the list, behind teams that haven't won shit.

Why? Because revenue is based on market size and knowing your demographics. LA fans are Asian and Mexican mostly, with a bunch of blacks scattered throughout the country who bandwagon during the good years. The money though comes from people who don't know a lot about the game, they know who Kobe is though. They want to see Kobe play. MJ would sell out road games in arenas that couldn't sell out games otherwise. Kobe has the same effect, but not because he's a great player. He has that effect because he's a household name. You have that, you don't part with it unless you're in a market that doesn't allow you to capitalize on it. LA can capitalize on it. So it was a smart business move.

There's a facade in the NBA and in most professional sports that the game is about winning, but winning to you and me means holding a trophy. To them it often means ticket and merchandise sales.

I still don't see how empty arenas are good for business

Medvedenko
09-04-2015, 02:54 PM

So what you're saying, MJ sold out arenas like Kobe....but one of them was not a great player. I guess you can be a household name in the NBA but not be great, where TD is a great player but can't sell out even home games? Hmm...not sure the logic here. Par for the course though. How does one become a household name, because of Market size? Possibly, then really that's all it's about right. I can't wait until Rob Sacre is a household name the likes of Kobe.

DMC
09-04-2015, 09:45 PM
So what you're saying, MJ sold out arenas like Kobe....but one of them was not a great player. I guess you can be a household name in the NBA but not be great, where TD is a great player but can't sell out even home games? Hmm...not sure the logic here. Par for the course though. How does one become a household name, because of Market size? Possibly, then really that's all it's about right. I can't wait until Rob Sacre is a household name the likes of Kobe.
Mike didn't keep playing for the Bulls after he was a tired old shit bag. He went to the Wizards and did it there.

Business is business, but Kobe hasn't been in a playoff game in 3 years. I don't recall Mike missing the playoffs in his prime, while he was still in the league.

More people know Tony Parker than Tim Duncan because Tony was married to Eva. Lamar is even more recognizable because he was with Kardashian. We're talking about people who don't know basketball. That's who cable moguls are targeting. They didn't give LA that huge TV deal because they thought LA would win more championships.

DMC
09-04-2015, 09:51 PM
I still don't see how empty arenas are good for business
Do you think the arenas would be full if Kobe was waived? Do you think those scrubs would sell seats? If anyone is paying to see the Lakers, it will be when Kobe plays. He hasn't been playing, sure they aren't selling out. Who wants to see Sacre to Lin for a layup?

Medvedenko
09-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Mike didn't keep playing for the Bulls after he was a tired old shit bag. He went to the Wizards and did it there.

Business is business, but Kobe hasn't been in a playoff game in 3 years. I don't recall Mike missing the playoffs in his prime, while he was still in the league.

More people know Tony Parker than Tim Duncan because Tony was married to Eva. Lamar is even more recognizable because he was with Kardashian. We're talking about people who don't know basketball. That's who cable moguls are targeting. They didn't give LA that huge TV deal because they thought LA would win more championships.

No they gave the Lakers that deal because of Kobe. Where's the clipper deal.... Same city. Winning 5 rings, going to 7 finals, capturing the heart and minds of the human pysche. Bottom line, you'll always cheer for second.

Biernutz
09-05-2015, 12:45 AM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/kobe/laker%209_zpsfitmfcpr.jpg

Raven
09-05-2015, 05:42 AM
Do you think the arenas would be full if Kobe was waived? Do you think those scrubs would sell seats? If anyone is paying to see the Lakers, it will be when Kobe plays. He hasn't been playing, sure they aren't selling out. Who wants to see Sacre to Lin for a layup?

I think they would have had better offseasons if they wouldn't have signed him, hence the bad business decision.

Mark Celibate
09-05-2015, 05:46 AM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/kobe/laker%209_zpsfitmfcpr.jpg
Set the time to 2011 and irradiate us Mavs fans as well :cry

DMC
09-05-2015, 10:58 AM
No they gave the Lakers that deal because of Kobe. Where's the clipper deal.... Same city. Winning 5 rings, going to 7 finals, capturing the heart and minds of the human pysche. Bottom line, you'll always cheer for second.
Which is what I said. It wasn't because Kobe is going to lead the Lakers to a championship. It's because be@ner and Pinoy player fan doesn't value wins over player love. You'd kill kittens for 2nd. You cannot even get top 20.

DMC
09-05-2015, 11:00 AM
I think they would have had better offseasons if they wouldn't have signed him, hence the bad business decision.
Business is about money, not winning in competition. Do you not understand the difference?

Buddy Mignon
09-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Business is about money, not winning in competition. Do you not understand the difference?

Under normal circumstances you win a title and the money follows. Except for the Spurs. Jim is such a lame ass invidual that even people from San Antonio are not aware when a title is won. In LA you see car flags... t-shirts... fans fans fans. While you guys only care about the meat being salty on your next Whataburger.

Raven
09-05-2015, 11:36 AM

This is the lakers we are talking about not the knicks, they only care about seeing the lakers win, they don't give a rat's ass about kirby

Spurtacular
09-05-2015, 12:37 PM

I think Jim thought he was emulating his dad. He signed Magic to a big deal that gave him 10 percent shares of the team for building up the enterprise. I'm guessing the CBA no longer allowed that though; so, he had to take a salary cap hit. And let's be honest, this was a way to ensure tanking for picks.

DMC
09-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Under normal circumstances you win a title and the money follows. Except for the Spurs. Jim is such a lame ass invidual that even people from San Antonio are not aware when a title is won. In LA you see car flags... t-shirts... fans fans fans. While you guys only care about the meat being salty on your next Whataburger.

This is the lakers we are talking about not the knicks, they only care about seeing the lakers win, they don't give a rat's ass about kirby
I realize I'm dealing with people who have a superficial understanding of business and the NBA.

Raven
09-05-2015, 02:40 PM
I realize I'm dealing with people who have a superficial understanding of business and the NBA.

well check the tickets sold before and after and you'll see all you need to know.

DMC
09-05-2015, 04:51 PM
well check the tickets sold before and after and you'll see all you need to know.
Before and after what?

Kidd K
09-05-2015, 04:53 PM

Your shit posting wouldn't still happen if you didn't exist, no. Though if you meant there would still be bitter, salty shit posters like you if you didn't exist, then yes obviously that's true. There are many like you.