View Full Version : lol Cojo destroyed by a no-name backup PG

ElNono
09-01-2015, 08:44 PM
hbRMNm2TsxE

Argentina 94 - Canada 87

Corey Joseph: 25 mins, 7 ast, 8 pts
Nicolas Laprovittola: 21 mins, 4 ast, 20 pts

:lol Canada
:lol Wiggins, Bennet, Olynyk, Staukas, Cojo destroyed by 35 y/o Scola and Nocioni
:lol lefty
:lol Malik Hairston

Kool Bob Love
09-01-2015, 09:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLiJvDEXAAASpr7.jpg

Mikeanaro
09-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Laprovittola is the son of Margarita Stolbizer (an honest Argie politician) and it was playing in Lanus, now I think he is playing in Brazil, a fairly new guy in the Argie NT, what the hell happened with Campazzo? oh yeah I forgot he is a bigger scrub than Lapro.

DAF86
09-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Scola > Wiggins

spurraider21
09-01-2015, 10:14 PM
:lmao RD2191

SAGirl
09-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Wasn't so much Cojo as the Canadian team's no-defense and lack of hustle. Guys just standing, not going after rebounds. :wow

benfti
09-01-2015, 10:21 PM
I genuinely feel that Australia presents the biggest challenge to the USA team in the up coming Olympics, Canada has a lot of tallent but it is very young. The boomers have the right mix of young athletism with international experience, it might not have the same star power as team USA but Patty, Delly, Ingles, Bogut, Baynes, Exum, Bairstow, Andersen (played with the Rockets, Hornets) with young Simmons who is legit, with solid international guys like Broekoff, Newley and Jawai to me seems like the strongest team outside of Canada, Spain, Lithuania and such.

DAF86
09-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Coaches need to realize that just because a guy is on the NBA it doesn't mean that you should call him for your NT. Some of these Canadians guys that are on the NBA because of their physicall attributes but have mediocre level skills and/or fundamentals are never going to work on FIBA basketball where the game slows down and the spaces are reduced.

TheGreatYacht
09-01-2015, 10:35 PM
:lmao CancerJo

ElNono
09-01-2015, 10:48 PM
Coaches need to realize that just because a guy is on the NBA it doesn't mean that you should call him for your NT. Some of these Canadians guys that are on the NBA because of their physicall attributes but have mediocre level skills and/or fundamentals are never going to work on FIBA basketball where the game slows down and the spaces are reduced.

:lol you can just say Olynyk sucks, tbh

DAF86
09-01-2015, 10:52 PM
:lol you can just say Olynyk sucks, tbh

Not really talking about him, tbh. Dude can at least hit jumpers.

Splits
09-01-2015, 11:45 PM
As long as Manu doesn't ring.

Clipper Nation
09-02-2015, 12:12 AM
"Hey RC, sign that Laprovittola guy so he can bail me out of another playoff chokejob."

- Enrique Porker

09-02-2015, 12:33 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLiJvDEXAAASpr7.jpg
:whew:

Sean Cagney
09-02-2015, 12:44 AM
Co Jo was okay but overrated by some fans IMHO, he is a backup PG. I liked his D at times though, great for a back up PG.

Mal
09-02-2015, 02:17 AM
Faggot Sacre was also on that Canada team

Raven
09-02-2015, 06:47 AM
I genuinely feel that Australia presents the biggest challenge to the USA team in the up coming Olympics, Canada has a lot of tallent but it is very young. The boomers have the right mix of young athletism with international experience, it might not have the same star power as team USA but Patty, Delly, Ingles, Bogut, Baynes, Exum, Bairstow, Andersen (played with the Rockets, Hornets) with young Simmons who is legit, with solid international guys like Broekoff, Newley and Jawai to me seems like the strongest team outside of Canada, Spain, Lithuania and such.

:lol

DeRozan m8
09-02-2015, 07:06 AM
Yeah look, im Australian and all, but yeah, nah, aye

spursistan
09-02-2015, 07:17 AM
:lol i'm expecting one or two of the trio who left the Spurs in the Summer mainly (Corey,baynes, Belli) to go the way of Gary Neal outside the cushy Spurs system confines..all three got majorly overpaid, tbh..

Gladney to see you
09-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Geez, how old in Nociaoni? He has to be getting up there. Maybe, we should sign him.

MB20
09-02-2015, 07:40 AM
Scola 35pts/13rb.

TheDoctor
09-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Scola 35pts/13rb.

Two consecutive monster games for Scola. Impressive. Although competition has been meh. First PR then Canada. Two subpar teams.

MB20
09-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Two consecutive monster games for Scola. Impressive. Although competition has been meh. First PR then Canada. Two subpar teams.

I donīt know. Both PR and Canada are considered the strongest teams in the competition.
Next rival for Argentina is Cuba.

ceperez
09-02-2015, 08:55 AM
4 NBA players and they still lose? Cojo overrated by too many Spurs fans. He was a good backup player, but as a starter, he can't run an offense.

YGWHI
09-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Geez, how old in Nociaoni? He has to be getting up there. Maybe, we should sign him.
Not sure, 36? same age as Scola? IIRC Nocioni won the Euroleague MVP award this year.

PingPong
09-02-2015, 09:14 AM
That Lavittrola kid is good. Played two seasons in the shitty brazilian league as a starter for one of the most relevant teams out there. He's only 23 o 24. Should be a nice replacement to... Cory Joseph in the Spurs.

http://www.ole.com.ar/basquet/Laprovittola-festejo-Flamengo-Liga-Americas_OLEVID20140323_0002_1.jpg

NameLess Scrub
09-02-2015, 09:16 AM
Nocioni is around 35. He's big and tough for FIBA. Scola is basically a superstar in FIBA. He's money in the post and mid-range.

Arg has a good system. Not surprised they beat a talented but young Canadian team.

PR has regressed a lot through the years. The game has become too guard oriented. This year they're also even shorter on big men with some injuries. Devon Collier is out, and Harkless was going to finally play for the team and got injured and removed supposedly by the Blazers.

TheDoctor
09-02-2015, 09:52 AM
I donīt know. Both PR and Canada are considered the strongest teams in the competition.
Next rival for Argentina is Cuba.

Considered strong maybe by heritage or history? PR's current team is shit and Canada is young and inexperienced. But if you compare them to what, the Philippines? CUBA? Yes, they're better. But not to teams like ARG, RD, Mexico and Brazil.

NameLess Scrub
09-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Considered strong maybe by heritage or history? PR's current team is shit and Canada is young and inexperienced. But if you compare them to what, the Philippines? CUBA? Yes, they're better. But not to teams like ARG, RD, Mexico and Brazil.

RD is not that good. Brazil is usually good but I don't think they send the best roster and they're playing for nothing since they are host next year.

Mexico is probably the hotter and more motivated team. I expect ARG and CAN to get the 2 available spots for the Olympics, and the rest will go to the Wild Card tournament so good Euro teams that happened to not qualify outright can have a party at their expense.

random21
09-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Cojo was overrated by many on this forum... Limited offensive game, stalled the offensive movement and had a shaky jumper. Defense was good, that's all.....

r0drig0lac
09-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Laprovitola played here in Flamengo (are going to play in Europe), and was the best player of last season, it is a playmaker

ElNono
09-02-2015, 10:56 AM

Despite the last two games, this ARG team is still projected to be underwhelming. They have a good system, but at some point the lack of talent and the fact that they rely on old guys will be exposed (especially on FIBA, with games every day).

PR is a good team that's been together for a while and now have a solid coach in Rick Pitino. They have NBA talent, and IIRC, won the last FIBA Americas.

ceperez
09-02-2015, 11:12 AM

Last time I checked, the Philippines is in Asia, I thought this was a tournament in the Americas????

RD2191
09-02-2015, 11:16 AM
OP is a faggot, but a cool faggot like Freddie Mercury.

NameLess Scrub
09-02-2015, 11:26 AM
Despite the last two games, this ARG team is still projected to be underwhelming. They have a good system, but at some point the lack of talent and the fact that they rely on old guys will be exposed (especially on FIBA, with games every day).

PR is a good team that's been together for a while and now have a solid coach in Rick Pitino. They have NBA talent, and IIRC, won the last FIBA Americas.

Mexico won the 2013 tourney. PR was silver. They should have beaten Mexico though.
They've had their moments, specially when Barea and a couple of other guys have good games.
But they have still regressed and with the injuries, they are a small team in general this time around.

K...
09-02-2015, 11:33 AM
OP is a faggot, but a cool faggot like Freddie Mercury.

This worldview of yours.........,,,,..,..,........,

Gladney to see you
09-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Not sure, 36? same age as Scola? IIRC Nocioni won the Euroleague MVP award this year.

Thanks...He is a strong guy and a very good player. Didn't want to sound as if I was slighting him.

T_L_P
09-02-2015, 11:55 AM
I don't get the CoJo hate.

He wasn't overpaid, he played hard, Pop absolutely loved what he brought during that tough December last year, and he seems like a really nice guy.

It's not like he stole our money or was an asshole.

TheDoctor
09-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Last time I checked, the Philippines is in Asia, I thought this was a tournament in the Americas????

It was meant as an example as the Philippines sucks at basketball. I've could have said Honduras but the Philippines was the first shitty basketball team that came out of my mind.

TheDoctor
09-02-2015, 12:37 PM

I checked and the last time PR won a FIBA Americas Tournament was 20 years ago. Their Under 17 team won a tournament this year but it was the "Centrobasket". The only true NBA talent they got is Barea. Carlos Arroyo, Balkman, et al, are old and declining faster than their Country's economy. ARG could look as an "underwhelming" team compared to previous years but they got savvy veterans, Mr. FIBA Scola and the Reign MVP of the Euroleague Final Four (Nocioni).

Mayhem321
09-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Laprovitolla just signed with Lietuvus Rytas which is a fairly important team in europe... so, he isn't that bad tbh

NameLess Scrub
09-02-2015, 12:45 PM
I checked and the last time PR won a FIBA Americas Tournament was 20 years ago. Their Under 17 team won a tournament this year but it was the "Centrobasket". The only true NBA talent they got is Barea. Carlos Arroyo, Balkman, et al, are old and declining faster than their Country's economy. ARG could look as an "underwhelming" team compared to previous years but they got savvy veterans, Mr. FIBA Scola and the Reign MVP of the Euroleague Final Four (Nocioni).

Arroyo still has game, but is injured. Balkman is not old yet and always plays well.
That said, they wouldn't be doing much better with Arroyo. Frontcourt is a huge problem.

Economy still sucks though :lol

Only way I see ARG not getting 1st or 2nd is if they run out of gas later in the tourney. PR and Mexico might have a chance then.

RD2191
09-02-2015, 01:11 PM
cojo destroyed by no name pg or

enrique gettin bottled by some no name rapper?

DrunkTXLabrat
09-02-2015, 03:32 PM
shoulda traded him to minny, last season. coulda got a 2nd, at least. woulda had an extra stasher, that could never come over. instead, LMA and the pride before the fall.

ElNono
09-02-2015, 06:17 PM

Yeah, my bad, it was Mexico that won. But that PR team has been overachieving for a while. Barea and Balkman are really good when you look at the rest of the teams tbh... also they have that sharpshooter Ayuso...

I mean, the overall talent level of America's basketball outside US and Canada is pretty damn poor.

As far as Scola and Nocioni, I think they're going to be toast by next week, when the games really start to matter... we'll see.

TheGreatYacht
09-02-2015, 08:51 PM
Yeah, my bad, it was Mexico that won.
You're going to say those same words. Next week... YOU WILL SEE

ElNono
09-02-2015, 09:04 PM
You're going to say those same words. Next week... YOU WILL SEE

benfti
09-03-2015, 04:12 AM
Yeah look, im Australian and all, but yeah, nah, aye
What if the team adds Swaggy P?

DeRozan m8
09-03-2015, 07:08 AM
What if the team adds Swaggy P?

Yeah I'd rather just not think about this...I hate that scrub tbh he's everything thats wrong with basketball

AFMadison
09-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Eh who cares. He's no longer with the Spurs. I think Cojo will find some meaningful pt one day. Maybe he will rejoin the Spurs in a few years.

ceperez
09-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Eh who cares. He's no longer with the Spurs. I think Cojo will find some meaningful pt one day. Maybe he will rejoin the Spurs in a few years.

Has anyone who left the Spurs ever rejoined the team???

Hmmm... I seem to recall there was a Kiwi who did that.

I. Hustle
09-03-2015, 11:21 AM

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/spurs/imgs/120316_jack3.jpg

kaji157
09-03-2015, 11:50 PM
Argentina has a system and some players in it that are clear leaders and know the system very well (Scola, Nocioni), a couple of liutenents with some experience (Campazzo, Laprovitola and Safar) and a few talented yougsters that follow the lead without hesitation (Garino and Delia the most notable to me).
It is not surprise that as of now they are winning a lot easier than many expected. The fact is that most teams in America are either young, undisciplined or both.
Argentina just benefits a lot for just being "a team".

Drom John
09-06-2015, 08:46 AM

Greg Anderson
Coby Dietrick
Sean Elliott
Dave Greenwood
Simmie Hill (Chaparrals/Spurs)
Stephen Jackson
Othyus Jeffers
Avery Johnson
Brad Lohaus
Tony Massenburg
Vernon Maxwell
Johnny Moore
Pete Myers
Billy Paultz
Malcolm Thomas

Mal
09-06-2015, 08:51 AM
Greg Anderson
Coby Dietrick
Sean Elliott
Dave Greenwood
Simmie Hill (Chaparrals/Spurs)
Stephen Jackson
Othyus Jeffers
Avery Johnson
Brad Lohaus
Tony Massenburg
Vernon Maxwell
Johnny Moore
Pete Myers
Billy Paultz
Malcolm Thomas

Danny Green counts ?

Sean Cagney
09-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Danny Green counts ?

Danny Green never left the Spurs.

Otaku
09-06-2015, 03:21 PM
Scola with 22 at half time.

TheGreatYacht
09-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Canada got sent home by Venezuela :lmao

:cry but Cojo would've gotten us past CP3 :cry

ElNono
09-11-2015, 09:29 PM
:lmao what a choke... 1-8 from the field for CancerJo :lmao

TheGreatYacht
09-11-2015, 10:18 PM
We fall to your third world country again :pctoss

ElNono
Scola though <3

ElNono
We fall to your third world country again :pctoss

Mexico played well, tbh... now you gotta take down Canada

r0drig0lac
09-11-2015, 10:22 PM
luifa is a monster

TheGreatYacht
09-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Mexico played well, tbh... now you gotta take down Canada
Now Manu is going to want to play next summer. Damn it Scola

Mikeanaro
09-11-2015, 10:37 PM
This mexico game was interesting.

ElNono
09-11-2015, 10:47 PM

We'll see... he might retire from the NBA that summer, so it might not be a big deal, tbh...

TheGreatYacht
09-11-2015, 11:10 PM
We'll see... he might retire from the NBA that summer, so it might not be a big deal, tbh...

Let the man retire, Marc Stein :pctoss

ElNono
09-11-2015, 11:39 PM
tbh, Canada was robbed... just saw the end of the game... smh

ceperez
09-12-2015, 07:42 AM

Well, they shouldn't have even had given Venezuela the opportunity to steal the game away from them. Bad call, but however, Venezuela had the opportunity to steal the game if they had made the shot.

Speaking about Cojo...... I'm glad Spurs let him go.

TMTTRIO
09-12-2015, 04:02 PM
So what's wrong with Manu ending his basketball career with the team he grew up on and loved? He'll be done with the Spurs anyways.

TheGreatYacht
09-12-2015, 04:55 PM
So what's wrong with Manu ending his basketball career with the team he grew up on and loved? He'll be done with the Spurs anyways.
Nothing's wrong with him playing for his NT at such a late age, unless he still plans on playing for the Spurs next year

jeebus
09-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Canada robbed themselves by putting a scrub 3rd stringer on their team. CancerJo is good for putting in the game and letting the crowd laugh at him, but to lead a team...no. Besides, he and Ayres were swapping semen.

ElNono
09-12-2015, 06:20 PM
Canada robbed themselves by putting a scrub 3rd stringer on their team. CancerJo is good for putting in the game and letting the crowd laugh at him, but to lead a team...no. Besides, he and Ayres were swapping semen.

Kawhitstorm
09-12-2015, 07:26 PM
I'm happy that CoJo got paid but I'm also glad it isn't RC that signs his checks.

Clipper Nation
09-12-2015, 07:29 PM

Porker's rubbed off on him. It's a goddamn shame, tbh.

hater
09-12-2015, 07:50 PM
cojo was mediocre. but good guy

Kawhitstorm
09-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Porker's rubbed off on him. It's a goddamn shame, tbh.

Cancer Jo hit a game winner meanwhile Porker is eating a wiener.

ElNono
09-12-2015, 08:57 PM
:lol Mejico

ElNono
09-12-2015, 10:18 PM
smh Campazzo choking at the FT line

ElNono
09-12-2015, 10:23 PM
gg Venezuela, tbh.... worthy winner

jdiggy0424
09-13-2015, 12:03 AM
Shitty vine of the game-winner

https://vine.co/v/eF6u7LeMpIA

lefty
09-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Didnt Parker get destroyed by a no name backup PG ?

:lmao

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/81/files/2015/07/austin-rivers-tony-parker-nba-playoffs-san-antonio-spurs-los-angeles-clippers.jpg

T Park
09-13-2015, 12:20 AM
"Hey RC, sign that Laprovittola guy so he can bail me out of another playoff chokejob."

- Enrique Porker

If there's one thing a clipper fan knows, it's choke jobs.

apalisoc_9
09-13-2015, 02:21 AM
If there's one thing a clipper fan knows, it's choke jobs.

If there's one thing T Park knows, it's blow jobs.

T_L_P
09-13-2015, 11:42 AM

Comes back with the buzzer beater. Nice one, Nono!

ElNono
09-13-2015, 01:26 PM
Comes back with the buzzer beater. Nice one, Nono!

They gotta get better for the qualifier next year... I wonder if all those kids are going to play then...

SAGirl
09-13-2015, 04:41 PM
They gotta get better for the qualifier next year... I wonder if all those kids are going to play then...
Would you have the offense run through CoJo if you are Canada or put the ball on Wiggins hands? I moved and don't have cable/Internet yet and missed all these games. CoJo never struck me as a guard who gets others going. In the Spurs, he at least developed to get his own shots and was efficient when there were other guys to claim attention, and he could do his thing but I remember games from him when he played over 30 mins and came out with 0 assists. For a PG are you kidding me??? In fact, the team was likely to be better and win when CoJo had assists and passed, even if he didn't score much for himself. When he scored efficiently but had no or few assists it was almost invariably a loss. It was my one pet peeve with him. I didn't care if he could not shoot the 3, but he had low court vision/BBIQ.
I do wish him the best and look forward to see him in Toronto. He is still a 24 yr. old, and may improve his decision making. I kind of doubt it, I think passing, after the basics and fundamentals is a talent, like shooting. Sad I missed these games TBH. One thing that I enjoy about BB is to see how guys I have followed develop or not.

ElNono
09-13-2015, 08:40 PM
Would you have the offense run through CoJo if you are Canada or put the ball on Wiggins hands? I moved and don't have cable/Internet yet and missed all these games. CoJo never struck me as a guard who gets others going. In the Spurs, he at least developed to get his own shots and was efficient when there were other guys to claim attention, and he could do his thing but I remember games from him when he played over 30 mins and came out with 0 assists. For a PG are you kidding me??? In fact, the team was likely to be better and win when CoJo had assists and passed, even if he didn't score much for himself. When he scored efficiently but had no or few assists it was almost invariably a loss. It was my one pet peeve with him. I didn't care if he could not shoot the 3, but he had low court vision/BBIQ.
I do wish him the best and look forward to see him in Toronto. He is still a 24 yr. old, and may improve his decision making. I kind of doubt it, I think passing, after the basics and fundamentals is a talent, like shooting. Sad I missed these games TBH. One thing that I enjoy about BB is to see how guys I have followed develop or not.

Didn't watch many of their games, but he's pretty good when you compare to the overall FIBA level... On that team, Olynyk being a bust is a bigger problem, tbh

exstatic
09-13-2015, 09:12 PM

Massenburg. Kerr.

Kawhitstorm
09-14-2015, 05:03 AM
Massenburg. Kerr.

Stephen Jackson/Sean ******