PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Kareem says Dirk is a all-star, great volume shooter but not a leader. Bird is better

Killakobe81
09-03-2015, 02:20 PM
No shit. I love Dirk and I used to hate Bird ... but Kareem is right bird is better. I think dirk is a leader though just a quiet one. ..

No way. No way that Dirk Nowitzki is better than Larry, and Dirk is a first-rate — he’s an All-Star. Absolutely any time he’s been on the All-Star team, he’s deserved it. But Larry, I think, had more going in terms of leadership. If you take the 48 minutes of the game, for every second on that clock, Larry knew where to be on the court to be the most effective for his team. And Dirk doesn’t play the game that way. He’s a volume shooter. He’s a streak shooter and he’s wonderful at that — and he’s had a great career; I’m not trying to knock him, but Larry is one of a kind.

Read article click here (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20141111-kareem-abdul-jabbar-dirk-nowitzki-is-a-streak-shooter-no-way-he-s-better-than-larry-bird.ece)

DMC will find someway to mention you know who on here ...somehow ...

FuzzyLumpkins
09-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Like Kareem can talk about leadership. He should go run behind Kermit again.

He lost and then Oscar shows up and they win. The Big O leaves and Jabbar can barely make the playoffs for a decade. Enter Magic who leads them to titles.

Oh and he also bought into all that Nation of Islam stupidity in the 70s.

lefty
09-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Well DUH

Thanks Kareem, we didn't notice

FkLA
09-03-2015, 02:32 PM
How did that question even come up? Makes no sense to compare a Top 10 player of all-time to a Top 30 player of all-time. That's even worse than comparing a Top 5 guy like Timothy to a Top 15 guy like Kirby tbh.

AlexJones
09-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Great volume shooter lol

baseline bum
09-03-2015, 03:08 PM
Bird is better than Kareem too though.

AlexJones
09-03-2015, 03:10 PM
le skyhook over super athletic 6'9 white dude man

FkLA
09-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Great volume shooter lol

Dirk shot 40.3% combined during his two NBA Finals appearances tbh.

Findog
09-03-2015, 03:35 PM
What the fuck ever. How did Bird only get 3 titles playing with McHale, Parish and DJ?

lefty
09-03-2015, 03:44 PM
This tbh

lefty
09-03-2015, 03:45 PM
What the fuck ever. How did Bird only get 3 titles playing with McHale, Parish and DJ?
Because the East was tougher than the West tbh

Lakers didnt have much competition and had more energy in June

And they had a better bench

FkLA
09-03-2015, 03:59 PM

Wait you actually think Dirk is better than Bird? http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/pachah1.png

benefactor
09-03-2015, 04:10 PM
:lol Kareem
:cry my statue :cry

DMC
09-03-2015, 04:15 PM
No shit. I love Dirk and I used to hate Bird ... but Kareem is right bird is better. I think dirk is a leader though just a quiet one. ..

No way. No way that Dirk Nowitzki is better than Larry, and Dirk is a first-rate — he’s an All-Star. Absolutely any time he’s been on the All-Star team, he’s deserved it. But Larry, I think, had more going in terms of leadership. If you take the 48 minutes of the game, for every second on that clock, Larry knew where to be on the court to be the most effective for his team. And Dirk doesn’t play the game that way. He’s a volume shooter. He’s a streak shooter and he’s wonderful at that — and he’s had a great career; I’m not trying to knock him, but Larry is one of a kind.

Read article click here (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20141111-kareem-abdul-jabbar-dirk-nowitzki-is-a-streak-shooter-no-way-he-s-better-than-larry-bird.ece)

DMC will find someway to mention you know who on here ...somehow ...
You mean "an All Star" not "a all star". Are you by chance negro?

DMC
09-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Three names you wouldn't know if Bird played elsewhere.

8FOR!3
09-03-2015, 04:25 PM
How is Dirk streaky, he knocks down everything regularly.

Tuddy
09-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Definitely not a streak shooter. Probably at Birds level as far as shooting goes

AlexJones
09-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Dirk is better at shooting than Bird and it's actually not as close as people make it seem.

daledondale
09-03-2015, 04:40 PM

Killakobe81
09-03-2015, 04:42 PM

Not a bad point ...

Killakobe81
09-03-2015, 04:47 PM
You mean "an All Star" not "a all star". Are you by chance negro?

Shut your hoe assup. I dont type here to win grammar awards. Usually the grammar stick is pulled out by dumbshits when they lose an argument ... you seem to be relying on it more and more. Your grammar is better than mine. Doesnt change the fact you seem to have lost the "zip on your fastball". I used to think Damn, DMC is an asshole but he wrecks shop in these forums. Lately, you went from No vaseline era Cube to freaking Are we there Yet? over the course of one summer ...more sign of this forum's decline.

Why don't you take out your red pen and critique that? And when you are finished ...shove it up your ass to release the pressure ... you seem blocked.

Killakobe81
09-03-2015, 04:55 PM

No, he is not. Would love to see advanced metrics that say so ...since that is all this place cares about. Playoff advanced win shares at first glance, favors Kareem even though he played a lot more playoff games and plenty past his prime. But do win shares only matter when it fits someone's agenda?

MultiTroll
09-03-2015, 05:24 PM
A. Philly Sixers in the same Conf was effectively the Finals.

B. KC Jones was a dumbphuk.

C. Lenny Bias OD's

Buddy Mignon
09-03-2015, 06:04 PM

He had Kareem and Magic in his way.

Buddy Mignon
09-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Any of you dare to compare Kareem's stats to Jim's?

DMC
09-03-2015, 07:01 PM
Shut your hoe assup. I dont type here to win grammar awards. Usually the grammar stick is pulled out by dumbshits when they lose an argument ... you seem to be relying on it more and more. Your grammar is better than mine. Doesnt change the fact you seem to have lost the "zip on your fastball". I used to think Damn, DMC is an asshole but he wrecks shop in these forums. Lately, you went from No vaseline era Cube to freaking Are we there Yet? over the course of one summer ...more sign of this forum's decline.

Why don't you take out your red pen and critique that? And when you are finished ...shove it up your ass to release the pressure ... you seem blocked.

You're either a negro or you're dyslexic.

Killakobe81
09-03-2015, 11:19 PM
You're either a negro or you're dyslexic.:sleep

FuzzyLumpkins
09-03-2015, 11:32 PM

Narutoboy go lookup Kareems teams between Oscar and Magic. He made it out of the first round once and missed the playoffs several times. He is the original statpadder.

Duncan has never missed the playoffs.

HemisfairArena
09-03-2015, 11:45 PM

Absolutely,,,Tim already has more Finals MVP's, First team defense, and tied for First all team,,,let Duncan play 20 years like Kareem and he catches him titles and passes him in rebounds and blocks. I think Duncan just passed Kareem with most double/doubles is playoff history,,but I may be wrong. Kareem would only have more points and regular season MVP if Duncan plays 20 years and that's it,,,and we know how you Laker fans think regular season MVP's are a joke since you always say it about LeBrons,,,

Buddy Mignon
09-04-2015, 02:36 AM
Narutoboy go lookup Kareems teams between Oscar and Magic. He made it out of the first round once and missed the playoffs several times. He is the original statpadder.

Duncan has never missed the playoffs.

You go look at them. Can you name anyone from those teams? Exactly. Spurs faggots are the only ones acting like players dont need help. Tim has had 3 HOF'ers by his side for his entire career... and a host of allstars as well.

Buddy Mignon
09-04-2015, 02:42 AM
Absolutely,,,Tim already has more Finals MVP's, First team defense, and tied for First all team,,,let Duncan play 20 years like Kareem and he catches him titles and passes him in rebounds and blocks. I think Duncan just passed Kareem with most double/doubles is playoff history,,but I may be wrong. Kareem would only have more points and regular season MVP if Duncan plays 20 years and that's it,,,and we know how you Laker fans think regular season MVP's are a joke since you always say it about LeBrons,,,

It's a wash for Kareem. In fact... Kareem shits on Jim all over the place. Title, MVP's, stats... you name it Jim is licking Kareems ass how yall lick mine on a daily.

Joseph Kony
09-04-2015, 02:46 AM
It's a wash for Kareem. In fact... Kareem shits on Jim all over the place. Title, MVP's, stats... you name it Jim is licking Kareems ass how yall lick mine on a daily.

So, narutofag, you have finally accepted that Kobe has no argument over Tim and are now going to suck off Kareem like you ever saw him play because he unlike Kobe actually has the MVPs and accolades? :lmao faggot

Infinite_limit
09-04-2015, 02:49 AM
Kareem still alive? Good to hear

I understand they are both Forwards but bad comparison. Bird is Top 5. Dirk is Top 25?

Mark Celibate
09-04-2015, 03:32 AM
That's because Kareem had never had to deal with Dirk on the court imho. Bird owned the Lakers quite a few times back in the 1980s, Kareem said that just to save the Lakers and himself some face tbh.

LkrFan
09-04-2015, 05:16 AM

He lost and then Oscar shows up and they win. The Big O leaves and Jabbar can barely make the playoffs for a decade. Enter Magic who leads them to titles.

KAJ >>>>>>>>>>Duncan in any era so STFU. Take your bullshit ass back to Cowboyszone. SMDH

ambchang
09-04-2015, 05:39 AM
You go look at them. Can you name anyone from those teams? Exactly. Spurs faggots are the only ones acting like players dont need help. Tim has had 3 HOF'ers by his side for his entire career... and a host of allstars as well.

But ... 4-2

ambchang
09-04-2015, 05:40 AM

MVPs are media created awards, no?

Raven
09-04-2015, 05:48 AM
well duh

UNT Eagles 2016
09-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Because the East was tougher than the West tbh

Lakers didnt have much competition and had more energy in June

And they had a better bench
this, East was generally better from the dawn of the NBA through 1990

UNT Eagles 2016
09-04-2015, 09:18 AM
washed up former allstars like Finley don't count. I don't think the Spurs have ever had more than 2 allstars in the same year, tbh

barbacoataco
09-04-2015, 08:22 PM
Bird, Duncan and Dirk are all more of less equal, with Dirk a little lower.

The question too is, are we talking better player, or more successful career? All 3 of those guys were winners, but Dirk only won one ring. With a slightly different supporting cast or just better luck he could easily have won 1-2 more. I would rank them-
Career Value- Duncan, Bird, Dirk
Peak Value- same order

FuzzyLumpkins
09-05-2015, 02:12 AM
KAJ >>>>>>>>>>Duncan in any era so STFU. Take your bullshit ass back to Cowboyszone. SMDH

:lol butthurt much?

Where in my post was Duncan mentioned? Reading is hard apparently.

Arcadian
09-05-2015, 02:58 AM

:lmao Comparing 1970s stats to 2000s stats :lmao

LkrFan
09-05-2015, 08:11 AM
:lol butthurt much?

Where in my post was Duncan mentioned? Reading is hard apparently.
:lol

Spurtacular
09-05-2015, 12:23 PM
2011 Playoffs Dirk would be in the discussion....even then, it's still Larry. Bird did everything.

Spurtacular
09-05-2015, 12:30 PM

Great points (that people don't like to talk about), tbh.

Kareem was a great based on having enough talent around him.

And Islam is basically about soothing one's inner racist.

Stalin
09-05-2015, 10:13 PM
One dimensional Nazi Dirk just had a good 20 game stretch of shooting in the playoffs, otherwise he's choked the rest of this career, despite being on stacked rosters for over a decade.

HemisfairArena
09-05-2015, 10:20 PM

LMAO,,,what a faggot,,,you fixate on Duncan's cock and your ass,,,,come to grips with your sexuality, luv.

Jacob1983
09-06-2015, 01:36 AM
A better leader? ROFL!

Dirk had the go ahead shots in games 2 and 4 of the 2011 Finals.

Larry Bird was surrounded by hall of famers. Dirk had Kidd.