PDA

View Full Version : Ayres gone!!

davi78239
09-05-2015, 09:31 AM
Reportedly will sign with Chinese club.

TrainOfThought5
09-05-2015, 09:48 AM
....... he wasnt on the team this year anyway.

Chinook
09-05-2015, 10:05 AM
He'll be back in March after the team trades away LMA for wanting too many touches. Nothing to see here.

Spurtacular
09-05-2015, 12:14 PM
I was hoping he'd stay in the NBA and change his name back to Pendergraph.

Sean Cagney
09-05-2015, 03:38 PM
I was hoping he'd stay in the NBA and change his name back to Pendergraph.

That would be great as long as he was not on the Spurs team of course.

random21
09-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Ripping off that China team for 1 mil... Easily one of the worst players in the NBA, last season..

mookie2001
09-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Omg his name is spelled correctly. Props

Spurtacular
09-05-2015, 05:26 PM
ST are haters. Ayres did the job he was paid to do.

bklynspursfan
09-05-2015, 05:31 PM
ST are haters. Ayres did the job he was paid to do.

+1... bit up and down but towards the end started to fit in a little better and not make too many mental errors (no pun intended)

DeRozan m8
09-05-2015, 06:56 PM
he did not do the fucking job he was paid to, are you sleeping with him or something?

This is about the worst player to ever pull on a spurs jersey....if you have anything nice to say you simply don't have the Spurs best interests at heart.

I'm going to celebrate...this is one of the best days in basketball since the last :lobt2:

Day made.

aal04
09-05-2015, 06:58 PM
He dominated D-League and will dominate any other league apart from the NBA.

phxspurfan
09-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Peace out Teddy Pendergrass!

Robz4000
09-05-2015, 07:41 PM
:cry jeebus get in here!!!!! :cry

Spurtacular
09-05-2015, 07:47 PM
he did not do the fucking job he was paid to, are you sleeping with him or something?

This is about the worst player to ever pull on a spurs jersey....if you have anything nice to say you simply don't have the Spurs best interests at heart.

I'm going to celebrate...this is one of the best days in basketball since the last :lobt2:

Day made.

This is why ST is full of tools. Ayres shot 58.0 FG, 9.8 rebs per 36min in year 1 and 57.9 FG, 11.0 rebs per 36min in year 2. Stop bitching about the guy just cos you wankers think it's the cool thing to do.

DeRozan m8
09-05-2015, 07:49 PM
You're a fucking idiot hahah

I've never seen a moron turn the ball over for a team without the ball in his hands...more than Jeff.

He'd miss half his dunks ffs.

A few rebounds in junk time don't count for shit

There is no way you don't have a personal connection with Jeff.

Spurtacular
09-05-2015, 07:57 PM
You're a fucking idiot hahah

I've never seen a moron turn the ball over for a team without the ball in his hands...more than Jeff.

He'd miss half his dunks ffs.

A few rebounds in junk time don't count for shit

There is no way you don't have a personal connection with Jeff.

There's no way you're not a wanker who is bashing Ayres cos you think it's the trendy thing to do. Ayres had a plus seven o-d rating in year one and a plus eleven o-d rating in year two. So, stop bitching about Ayres cos the numbers don't support your BS.

Just cos the dude didn't have great hands doesn't mean he wasn't a producer. You replace Ayres with Rick Robey on the 81 C's, he contributes and the C's still win the championship.

And I have no connection with Ayres, I'm just sick of all this school girl Ayres bashing that has no damn basis in reality. It's perpetuated by a handful of trolls and carried on by a few others who don't have courage to challenge the status quo. But it's f'ing nonsense.

jeebus
09-05-2015, 08:02 PM
:cry jeebus (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=22786) get in here!!!!! :cry
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251505&p=8182424#post8182424

Sean Cagney
09-05-2015, 08:11 PM
Per stats :lol

Per Game 2.7 PPG and 2.6 rebounds a game, thats reality and who he is. Numbers of a bench scrub getting paid over a million dollars, good for him.

K...
09-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Hating players is so basic on this site. Boo hoo you wish a player died

No I'm fucking beyond that. I wish whole populations death. Genocide forever. Hitler is.....

DeRozan m8
09-05-2015, 08:35 PM
LOL as if its surprising people hate a shit player like Ayres.

Get off ya high horses

09-05-2015, 09:01 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251505&p=8182424#post8182424
:lmao

K...
09-05-2015, 09:35 PM
LOL as if its surprising people hate a shit player like Ayres.

Get off ya high horses

He's not bad though..... He's just not NBA, neither is jimmer and I don't see people raging on jimmer. I like ayres better than manihimi.

DeRozan m8
09-05-2015, 10:35 PM
He can't consistently catch a basketball....

Spurtacular
09-06-2015, 12:29 AM
Per stats :lol

Per Game 2.7 PPG and 2.6 rebounds a game, thats reality and who he is. Numbers of a bench scrub getting paid over a million dollars, good for him.

Ayres was not overpaid; and he played well in meaningful minutes last season.

Sean Cagney
09-06-2015, 12:35 AM
DP

Sean Cagney
09-06-2015, 12:37 AM
Ayres was not overpaid; and he played well in meaningful minutes last season.

He hardly played last year man but I don't think he is a good NBA player, sorry. His hands were the worst as some said, could not catch the ball to save his life. You think he is a decent player? He is an end of the bench kind of guy and that is what he would remain in the NBA. I am glad he is going overseas and getting a mill to play though, good luck to the guy and I hope he does well. I looked back on his salary though, wish they signed someone else in his place that summer but honestly he was not paid too much so I agree there.

Spurtacular
09-06-2015, 12:47 AM
He hardly played last year man but I don't think he is a good NBA player, sorry. His hands were the worst as some said, could not catch the ball to save his life. You think he is a decent player? He is an end of the bench kind of guy and that is what he would remain in the NBA. I am glad he is going overseas and getting a mill to play though, good luck to the guy and I hope he does well. I looked back on his salary though, wish they signed someone else in his place that summer but honestly he was not paid too much so I agree there.

Ayres wasn't a rotation player. But he played well in his roll. The people trashing him are just screaming out that they're not happy with their own lives and are just looking for a punching bag.

And Ayres played better than plenty of other NBA players last season; imo, it's a shame he's not still in the league.

KaiRMD1
09-06-2015, 01:06 AM
Good riddance

Sean Cagney
09-06-2015, 01:19 AM
Ayres wasn't a rotation player. But he played well in his roll. The people trashing him are just screaming out that they're not happy with their own lives and are just looking for a punching bag.

And Ayres played better than plenty of other NBA players last season; imo, it's a shame he's not still in the league.He only logged 7 mins a game though, he fit his role I guess but 7 minutes a game and 2.7 ppg is about an end of the bench guy to say the least. His role was that last man off the bench pretty much and he is out of the league because nobody wanted him obviously. I don't hate the guy at all and wish him well overseason, just not upset the 15th man on the roster is gone and he is easily replaceable. I do with him well though and he got a mill out of it so good for him.

Spurtacular
09-06-2015, 01:28 AM
He only logged 7 mins a game though, he fit his role I guess but 7 minutes a game and 2.7 ppg is about an end of the bench guy to say the least. His role was that last man off the bench pretty much and he is out of the league because nobody wanted him obviously. I don't hate the guy at all and wish him well overseason, just not upset the 15th man on the roster is gone and he is easily replaceable. I do with him well though and he got a mill out of it so good for him.

Think you're arguing against something I'm not arguing. I'm not over-hyping Ayres. I'm not shedding a tear that Ayres is gone. I'm simply saying that there's a lot of BS out there about Ayres allegedly being so bad; and it's simply not true.

And just cos he didn't resign with an NBA team doesn't mean he's not capable of playing at an NBA level. It just means teams made their decisions for whatever reasons.

DeRozan m8
09-06-2015, 02:31 AM
Oh stop it...he did nothing well

Spurtacular
09-06-2015, 03:51 AM

Jeff Ayres is better at basketball than you are at posting.

#suckitbitch

Kool Bob Love
09-06-2015, 04:04 AM

He didn't choke away a NBA finals like your boy kiwi need a brick miss a free throw Leonard.

love Jeff. To Ayres.:toast

DeRozan m8
09-06-2015, 04:32 AM
Im surprised he has backers tbh

DeRozan m8
09-06-2015, 04:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq8tgKJeEtY

Spurtacular
09-06-2015, 04:39 AM
Im surprised he has backers tbh

"Backers" :lol

No, we just ain't hating to cope with personal ineptitude.

Spurtacular
09-06-2015, 04:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq8tgKJeEtY

:lol

One was actually blocked. One was a fairly difficult put back. The other two should've been converted.

Yes, Ayres had his moments that he was Shaqtin' the fool; but that doesn't mean his whole body of work should be ignored just cos you're life is empty.

DeRozan m8
09-06-2015, 05:40 AM
My lifes awesome

Cheers

PingPong
09-06-2015, 11:47 AM
He is a... NBA Champion!

http://i.imgur.com/hksNwui.png

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-06-2015, 12:19 PM
He's not bad though..... He's just not NBA, neither is jimmer and I don't see people raging on jimmer. I like ayres better than manihimi.
You're wrong about Jimmer. Only player that shoots better than him statistically is Kyle Korver.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Jeff Ayres is better at basketball than you are at posting.

#suckitbitch
Nah, he's not good. We could have gotten AK-47 but we got this scrub. He made me happy to see Bonner in the game. That says something big. He couldn't play defense, couldn't shoot, and got badly outplayed in the D league last year during the Summer.

Kuvai
09-06-2015, 01:01 PM
Lol.. Trash star porker fans loving another Trash star AYRES...
It's funny how a section of fans here like Kawhi, Timmy, Manu, Green, Mills who really put their heart into the game and play for SPURS..

And there comes another section of fans who like SCRUBS and Cancerous like PORKER, AYRES etc etc...

DMC
09-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Errors was a piece of shit. He had no business in the arena during an NBA game. Anyone who says otherwise is a fucking idiot. The guy can't catch, can't rebound, can't shoot, can't defend. He's a fucking oaf.. Shrek running up and down the floor like someone's retarded kid. Fuck him.

TheDoctor
09-06-2015, 05:08 PM
PTC suckers must be looking for some ropes and trees.

Spurtacular
09-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Nah, he's not good. We could have gotten AK-47 but we got this scrub. He made me happy to see Bonner in the game. That says something big. He couldn't play defense, couldn't shoot, and got badly outplayed in the D league last year during the Summer.

I'm not arguing that the Spurs ever should've attained him (or not attained him); I'm simply saying that the hate is not justified and that he is a legitimate NBA talent.

DeRozan m8
09-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Im glad theres been a few more posters with sense.

I belong in the NBA more than Jeff.

Cheers

LittleCriminal
09-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Since U Been Gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so moving on
Yeah, yeah
Thanks to you
Now I get
What I want
Since U Been Gone

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByBmjc2CQAEeJVW.jpg

Godbama
09-07-2015, 03:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q

bigfan
09-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Never cared for the guy but didn't hate him either, seemed like a good teammate. Hope he does well (in China or wherever).

Sean Cagney
09-07-2015, 04:53 PM
I'm not arguing that the Spurs ever should've attained him (or not attained him); I'm simply saying that the hate is not justified and that he is a legitimate NBA talent.

Actually he is not since no team wanted him as 15th man and he is going to China.

Spurtacular
09-07-2015, 04:59 PM
Actually he is not since no team wanted him as 15th man and he is going to China.

Neanderthal thinking, I respectfully suggest. Plenty of NBA level talents not in the league.

DeRozan m8
09-07-2015, 05:04 PM
So you're suggesting it was Jeffs decision to not play NBA then?
How many offer sheets do you think he got?

BillMc
09-07-2015, 05:34 PM
He was the 14th or 15th man. Of course by NBA standards he was no world beater. What do you expect? By all accounts he was a good locker room guy, and TD, approved of him. Only off court complaint was he was overpriced. But if you were Jeff, you'd probably have taken that contract too.

Do I agree with others that we can get, and possibly now have, a better 14th/15th man? Yes, certainly. But the hate and name calling, in my opinion, is undeserved. In the end, he's an ex-Spur and an NBA Champion. That makes Jeff OK in my book.

MI21
09-07-2015, 06:59 PM
I'm exstatic he is gone.

MI21
09-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Who is going to save us in crunch time now when Diaw is having one of his passive games?

MI21
09-07-2015, 07:01 PM
I will miss his all around energy, it reminded me of Malik Rose, but with better rebounding.

timtonymanu
09-07-2015, 07:02 PM
^ :lmao

Sean Cagney
09-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Neanderthal thinking, I respectfully suggest. Plenty of NBA level talents not in the league.

If he was that good or decent someone would have picked him up IMO. We disagree there. I think he is a bad player and his career shows that numbers wise but I wish him well in China. Not everyone in the NBA is that good man, sure as opposed to us out here on the street they are all world talents and made the NBA so they have some skill but compared to other NBA talents they suck (Like say compare him to a good back up like David West). I do wish him well, no hate on the guy and get your money.

BTW out of all the guys on the team or X to stick up for man, are you trolling or serious I must ask? He was our 15th man and some are sticking up for him like he is Duncan :lol:lol

So you're suggesting it was Jeffs decision to not play NBA then?
How many offer sheets do you think he got?Nobody looked at him man, good for him he got that mill overseas.

Spurtacular
09-09-2015, 12:32 AM
If he was that good or decent someone would have picked him up IMO. We disagree there. I think he is a bad player and his career shows that numbers wise but I wish him well in China. Not everyone in the NBA is that good man, sure as opposed to us out here on the street they are all world talents and made the NBA so they have some skill but compared to other NBA talents they suck (Like say compare him to a good back up like David West). I do wish him well, no hate on the guy and get your money.

BTW out of all the guys on the team or X to stick up for man, are you trolling or serious I must ask? He was our 15th man and some are sticking up for him like he is Duncan :lol:lol

Nobody looked at him man, good for him he got that mill overseas.

Teams have different needs. There isn't a generic litmus test for a team's end of the bench guy. And Ayres shot 58 FG and 11 rebs per 36 min for the Spurs. If you want to say his defense was still a bit sub par, then okay. That's probably the reason he was end of the bench and not a rotation player frankly.

I'm rightfully noting that much or most of the animosity against Ayres is unwarranted. Don't know how that's supposed to be trolling. Just cos he was an end of the bench guy doesn't mean I can appreciate him? See, your outlook speaks to how posters think that a dim unchallenged view of Ayres is like an entitlement.

dabom
09-09-2015, 12:43 AM
Teams have different needs. There isn't a generic litmus test for a team's end of the bench guy. And Ayres shot 58 FG and 11 rebs per 36 min for the Spurs. If you want to say his defense was still a bit sub par, then okay. That's probably the reason he was end of the bench and not a rotation player frankly.

I'm rightfully noting that much or most of the animosity against Ayres is unwarranted. Don't know how that's supposed to be trolling. Just cos he was an end of the bench guy doesn't mean I can appreciate him? See, your outlook speaks to how posters think that a dim unchallenged view of Ayres is like an entitlement.

NVM.

snickles
09-09-2015, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=Spurtacular;8185006] And Ayres shot 58 FG and 11 rebs per 36 min for the Spurs.[QUOTE]

ok I don't really have a dog in this race, I would just like to point out that per 36 stats are the absolute worst tool for judging a garbage time player. play 3 minutes, get 1 rebound and a bucket. per 36 = 24 points and 12 boards. I do find it hilarious that we have multipage threads about the 14th and 15th type guys on the roster. the regular season can't get here soon enough.

spurraider21
09-09-2015, 01:58 PM
I'm exstatic he is gone.
:lmao

I. Hustle
09-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Well... shit. I just put his signed jersey up in my room along with a pic that he took with me. There goes $1.28 down the drain.

Sean Cagney
09-09-2015, 02:14 PM

I'm rightfully noting that much or most of the animosity against Ayres is unwarranted. Don't know how that's supposed to be trolling. Just cos he was an end of the bench guy doesn't mean I can appreciate him? See, your outlook speaks to how posters think that a dim unchallenged view of Ayres is like an entitlement.I don't care about that Per stuff once again, I look at real stats and what he has done in his career not some per 36 mins which can make a lot of guys look like borderline all stars. The reality is he got 2.7 ppg and 2 some odd boards a game, he is a 15th man at best. Like someone said the season can't get here soon enough for Gods sakes if we are talking about Ayres :lol. He also had hands of stone on top of that D you mention, so yes that is why he was a 15th man on the team and they did not want him back.

I really don't care either way and wish him well so there is no Animosity towards Ayres on my end of things, good luck to him and he enjoy playing where he is at and getting paid that mill on top of it. Appreciate him? He is a guy who comes and goes, we get those every year and every team has that and there is not really much to think about there on that end of things honestly, no need to even discuss it further really as he is gone now and won't be coming back and the new 15th man is on the roster and so goes life.

T Park
09-09-2015, 07:32 PM

Day made.

Worst Spurs player ever? Far from it.

Spurtacular
09-09-2015, 07:38 PM
I don't care about that Per stuff once again, I look at real stats and what he has done in his career not some per 36 mins which can make a lot of guys look like borderline all stars. The reality is he got 2.7 ppg and 2 some odd boards a game, he is a 15th man at best. Like someone said the season can't get here soon enough for Gods sakes if we are talking about Ayres :lol. He also had hands of stone on top of that D you mention, so yes that is why he was a 15th man on the team and they did not want him back.

I really don't care either way and wish him well so there is no Animosity towards Ayres on my end of things, good luck to him and he enjoy playing where he is at and getting paid that mill on top of it. Appreciate him? He is a guy who comes and goes, we get those every year and every team has that and there is not really much to think about there on that end of things honestly, no need to even discuss it further really as he is gone now and won't be coming back and the new 15th man is on the roster and so goes life.

Cool. We both said our piece.

exstatic
09-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Worst Spurs player ever? Far from it.

No kidding. These folks obviously didn't suffer through the 90s Spurs teams with Negele Knight, Sean Higgins, Jud Buechler, Greg Sutton, Morlon Wiley, William Bedford, Lloyd Daniels...

Should I go on?

Sean Cagney
09-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Cool. We both said our piece.

Agreed. Lets hope who replaced him can step in and do a good job. I know Ayres was Tims friend though and a great teammate and did not really complain at all or act up so I want him to go over to China and ball and get paid. I would do the same thing if I were in that position, you get to see the experience of another Country and get paid to play your fave Sport. Life gets no better man.

Sean Cagney
09-09-2015, 09:49 PM
No kidding. These folks obviously didn't suffer through the 90s Spurs teams with Negele Knight, Sean Higgins, Jud Buechler, Greg Sutton, Morlon Wiley, William Bedford, Lloyd Daniels...

Should I go on?I remember Lloyd Daniels man. We also had Cherokee Parks as I said and even Mark Bryant starting at one point in a playoff game. Those 00-02 Spurs were just not that good as a team outside of Tim, damn. He still pulled them to 58 wins though in 02 and the second round to match up with LA with that bad team, now that is the MVP. I can think of a few other cruddy players the Spurs have had on the team that were up there too, thing is I don't want to revisit.

Look up Joe Courtney from the 96-97 team and see in 9mpg he was way worse than Ayres, no lie! That team was just awful when D Rob was hurt etc. Nique was there that year all by himself.

admiralsnackbar
09-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Amal McCaskill!

exstatic
09-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Amal McCaskill!

Predator!!

DeRozan m8
09-24-2015, 05:50 AM
Parents (https://www.google.com/search?es_sm=93&q=jeff+ayres+parents&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOPgE-LSz9U3MCs3qSww0JLMTrbSL0jNL8hJBVJFxfl5VgWJRal5JcUA BnJYXikAAAA&sa=X&ved=0CJ4BEOgTKAAwGGoVChMIl8eu9b-PyAIV4oWmCh3D2AhW): Ladona Orcutt (https://www.google.com/search?es_sm=93&q=ladona+orcutt&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOPgE-LSz9U3MCs3qSwwUAKzs4yysosKtCSzk630C1LzC3JSgVRRcX6e VUFiUWpeSTEAQLF8AjUAAAA&sa=X&ved=0CJ8BEJsTKAEwGGoVChMIl8eu9b-PyAIV4oWmCh3D2AhW), Eric James (https://www.google.com/search?es_sm=93&q=eric+james&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOPgE-LSz9U3MCs3qSwwUAKzs4yysssstCSzk630C1LzC3JSgVRRcX6e VUFiUWpeSTEAOXzCNTUAAAA&sa=X&ved=0CKABEJsTKAIwGGoVChMIl8eu9b-PyAIV4oWmCh3D2AhW)

Does this guy just go around picking his own last names and shit?

Fucking hell Jeff.