PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Robert Horry: Kobe ain't making anyone better

Spurtacular
09-06-2015, 04:09 AM
Of course, it's no secret that Kobe does not make his teammates better; never has, never will. This reality is reflected by Horry being unwilling to advocate for Kobe as being a player that makes teammates better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRLJQ94AWj8

Reck
09-06-2015, 04:28 AM
Horry 7
Kobe 5

Biernutz
09-06-2015, 05:57 AM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/kobe/rob_zpsdjdyajks.jpg

lefty
09-09-2015, 06:35 AM
:lol

Buddy Mignon
09-10-2015, 06:32 PM
Horry is absolutely right. If Kobe could make his teammates better Horry wouldn't have gone 0-15 against the Spurs and missing wide open shots in the '03 series. Fuck that turn coat nigga.

DMC
09-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Horry is absolutely right. If Kobe could make his teammates better Horry wouldn't have gone 0-15 against the Spurs and missing wide open shots in the '03 series. Fuck that turn coat nigga.
Was that before or after you hopped on the bandwagon?

Stalin
09-11-2015, 12:13 AM
Horry 7
Kobe 5

Co sign

namlook
09-11-2015, 02:34 AM
"In the 2003 playoffs, Horry went 2-for-38 from behind the arc—and everybody blamed Shaq and Kobe for the Lakers' downfall."

ambchang
09-11-2015, 06:42 AM
"In the 2003 playoffs, Horry went 2-for-38 from behind the arc—and everybody blamed Shaq and Kobe for the Lakers' downfall."

kobe won 5 championships, role players lost the other 14

Killakobe81
09-11-2015, 08:31 AM

Not sure what happened that year ...gives credence to the fact that clutch is a mirage ...because Even Larry Bird had a bad stretch like that near the end of his prime. Horry obviously righted that with the spurs especially with his finals 3 over the Pistons ...

Still got love for Horry but he is overrated by Laker and Spur fans. I think Rox fans surprisingly rate him properly but I dont visit the clutch site anymore ...

Buddy Mignon
09-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Not sure what happened that year ...gives credence to the fact that clutch is a mirage ...because Even Larry Bird had a bad stretch like that near the end of his prime. Horry obviously righted that with the spurs especially with his finals 3 over the Pistons ...

Still got love for Horry but he is overrated by Laker and Spur fans. I think Rox fans surprisingly rate him properly but I dont visit the clutch site anymore ...

Horry is a turd with a bad attitude. And he never lived up to the hype. The Rockets traded his underachieving and due to a failed physical he was lucky enough to return to Houston to ride Hakeems wagon to a couple of rings. He brought his underachieving ass to LA and rode Kobe and Shaq to three titles and was pissed off that the Lakers didnt offer him an extension heading into the '03 season so when playoff time came he tanked. No other way of putting it... the nigga tanked. To make matters worse he fled to our conference rival with the excuse that he left LA because Kobe and Shaq were fighting over money. The Spurs... in typical fashion offered his ass peanuts to help them win a couple titles. And now he's groveling at the tits of our franchise for a job. I'd send his bitch ass packing.

Arcadian
09-11-2015, 09:26 AM

So ungrateful! Without him, you'd have lost in 02 even with the rigging, recall.

Buddy Mignon
09-11-2015, 09:47 AM
So ungrateful! Without him, you'd have lost in 02 even with the rigging, recall.

Im not grateful to a nigga a pay to do a job... he should he grateful.

Killakobe81
09-11-2015, 10:08 AM

Truth. But I Love the if rings matter than Horry is the GOAT ...just stop it. Great role player he may be one of the GOAT role players ...especially when it comes to BIG shots ...but he is not a HOF caliber player not even close. He may not even be a retire jersey guy at least not for the Lakers. you need to be at least Goodrich/Worthy caliber to get one of those ...that is the "bar". Now for some other franchises role players DO get those ...

UNT Eagles 2016
09-11-2015, 03:37 PM
Horry is a turd with a bad attitude. And he never lived up to the hype. The Rockets traded his underachieving and due to a failed physical he was lucky enough to return to Houston to ride Hakeems wagon to a couple of rings. He brought his underachieving ass to LA and rode Kobe and Shaq to three titles and was pissed off that the Lakers didnt offer him an extension heading into the '03 season so when playoff time came he tanked. No other way of putting it... the nigga tanked. To make matters worse he fled to our conference rival with the excuse that he left LA because Kobe and Shaq were fighting over money. The Spurs... in typical fashion offered his ass peanuts to help them win a couple titles. And now he's groveling at the tits of our franchise for a job. I'd send his bitch ass packing.
So you're telling me he tried to miss that shot* that went in and out and back in and back out again? That would have won them their 4th in a row? You don't miss a shot like that on purpose, tbh.

(*I miss the good old days before about 2005/6? where the SBC Center rims had the 2nd smallest circumference in the league, behind the NYK's at MSG. About 10 years ago they increased them to average NBA standards, and the PPG for either side has predictably gone up significantly ever since.)

Buddy Mignon
09-11-2015, 07:54 PM
So you're telling me he tried to miss that shot* that went in and out and back in and back out again? That would have won them their 4th in a row? You don't miss a shot like that on purpose, tbh.

(*I miss the good old days before about 2005/6? where the SBC Center rims had the 2nd smallest circumference in the league, behind the NYK's at MSG. About 10 years ago they increased them to average NBA standards, and the PPG for either side has predictably gone up significantly ever since.)

No... I'm not saying he purposely tried to miss that shot. I'm saying you saw the worst Horry due to him not getting an extension.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-11-2015, 09:19 PM
No... I'm not saying he purposely tried to miss that shot. I'm saying you saw the worst Horry due to him not getting an extension.
Fox was oft-injured and in and out of the lineup... George was banged up that playoffs... Horry barely cared the majority of that playoffs... even Fisher seemed on his last legs at the time (though that conclusion couldn't have been farther from the truth in hindsight). Hell, the Lakers as a whole didn't really seem to give a ratshit about the season until January when they realized "oh shit, we might not even make the playoffs this year if we don't step the fuck up" and turned it around and managed to win 50 games and a playoff round. The team was most obviously bored that year after winning 3 in a row and just played lazy all year (the second half of the regular season notwithstanding). Add in the injuries, and it just wasn't their year. Phil had to resort to giving big minutes to fringe guys like Medvedenko, Madsen, Shaw, and Pargo because guys like Horry and Fisher were underachieving and others like Fox and George were hurt.

Buddy Mignon
09-11-2015, 09:49 PM
Fox was oft-injured and in and out of the lineup... George was banged up that playoffs... Horry barely cared the majority of that playoffs... even Fisher seemed on his last legs at the time (though that conclusion couldn't have been farther from the truth in hindsight). Hell, the Lakers as a whole didn't really seem to give a ratshit about the season until January when they realized "oh shit, we might not even make the playoffs this year if we don't step the fuck up" and turned it around and managed to win 50 games and a playoff round. The team was most obviously bored that year after winning 3 in a row and just played lazy all year (the second half of the regular season notwithstanding). Add in the injuries, and it just wasn't their year. Phil had to resort to giving big minutes to fringe guys like Medvedenko, Madsen, Shaw, and Pargo because guys like Horry and Fisher were underachieving and others like Fox and George were hurt.

This is all true... but Horry was salty that year. He left on bad terms.

ambchang
09-12-2015, 07:03 AM

He was just burned out because the lakers went to three straight finals with no bench.

Harry is professional enough not to throw playoff games to prove a point.

Buddy Mignon
09-12-2015, 09:17 AM
He was just burned out because the lakers went to three straight finals with no bench.

Harry is professional enough not to throw playoff games to prove a point.

http://i.imgur.com/5tST5kG.gif

ambchang
09-12-2015, 04:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5tST5kG.gif

Did he throw a game to prove a point?

Spurtacular
09-12-2015, 07:09 PM

Nah, he didn't. But I'm still in shock that his three at the end of 87 Finals Game 4 went down. Of course, he had just made a clutch three on the previous possession as well.

HemisfairArena
09-12-2015, 11:08 PM
When Kobrick is the biggest bricker in NBA history,,,,proof is in the puddin',,,,