PDA

View Full Version : A more important international achievement than leading a total points category.

apalisoc_9
09-07-2015, 09:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBnw6I9p_4Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtopNCH5-qY

Beating team USA is the ultimate prize in international competition IMO.

spurraider21
09-07-2015, 10:04 PM
probably manu's greatest achievement, and that's saying something

daledondale
09-07-2015, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the memories man. I will miss manu so much when he retires.

YGWHI
09-07-2015, 10:42 PM
Great videos! :toast

My top 5 foreign players Olajuwon, Oscar Schmidt, Dirk, Nash, Manu.

Honorable mentions
Sabonis.

Then Drazen Petrovic, Tony Parker, Pau Gasol, Divac, Detlef Schrempf, Tony Kukoc

ElNono
09-07-2015, 10:44 PM
IIRC, only team in history to beat them twice when Team USA was fielding NBA talent...

ElNono
09-07-2015, 10:45 PM
But I don't know about "more important". What Tony did is historical too...

ElNono
09-07-2015, 10:47 PM
And thanks for the vids, timvp :tu

Clipper Nation
09-07-2015, 10:50 PM
Meanwhile in France...

At the EuroBasket 2003, France competed with an immensely talented squad, which included the NBA players Enrique Porker, Jérôme Moïso and Tariq Abdul-Wahad, future NBA-player Boris Diaw and Euroleague players Laurent Foirest, Cyril Julian and Florent Piétrus. The stated objective was the title, which would come as the second within a short time-period to Enrique Porker whose backup had won the NBA title only a few months ago. But despite competing with one of the most promising rosters ever, France lost in the semifinal against Lithuania and then also barely lost the match for 3rd place against Italy, which France had declassified in the preliminary round. At the end, France even failed to qualify for the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens.

kobyz
09-08-2015, 02:31 AM
How can op put that stuff here and call himself a Spurs fan? Knowing how ugly moment it was for the Spurs god Timmy and also Pop...op is not a fan of the Spurs, he is a son of a bitch troll!!!

Kawhitstorm
09-08-2015, 05:36 AM
Great videos! :toast

My top 5 foreign players Olajuwon, Oscar Schmidt, Dirk, Nash, Manu.

Honorable mentions
Sabonis.

Then Drazen Petrovic, Tony Parker, Pau Gasol, Divac, Detlef Schrempf, Tony Kukoc

How in the hell is Hakeem an "international" player when he never played for Nigeria (he actually represented Team USA) & went to college in the States. Nash is North American & went to college in the States, he's as international as Obama is Kenyan.........that would be in name only. Dirk is also iffy considering he was a project who crafted his skills in the NBA & not overseas in Germany.

daledondale
09-08-2015, 07:27 AM
But I don't know about "more important". What Tony did is historical too...
I see what you did here.

Richie
09-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Looking back, that Team USA squad is awful. Rookie Wade, Lebron and Melo, sophmore Boozer and Stoudemire and Okafor while he was still in college. Of the 12 American All-NBA players in 2004, only Timmy went.

daledondale
09-08-2015, 08:40 AM
the year when every fkn turd was afraid of a terrorist, then u have the rapists fagot dressing in a white 1 piece outfit modeling
Hell of a 100 post tbh.

Brazil
09-08-2015, 08:51 AM
You should take a break from the internet and the forums

go take care of your baldness, improve you 40k$ a year and fuck your aunt imo

Fireball
09-08-2015, 08:56 AM
having the all-time lead in starting dumb threads ... what does that count for?

Clipper Nation
09-08-2015, 09:07 AM

#FrenchTears

lefty
09-08-2015, 09:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/KWTEqEW.jpg

apalisoc_9
09-08-2015, 09:24 AM

can I use you as my reference?

Tell them I am a great guy...

Looking to apply for a better paying job.

Brazil
09-08-2015, 10:08 AM
can I use you as my reference?

Tell them I am a great guy...

Looking to apply for a better paying job.

You have potential brah, it is obvious you are smart, just too much time on your hands and priorities fucked up imho

If you want a better paying job it is a matter of defining what you want, what you need to invest to get there, set priorities and clean the to do list to get there. That's the story of the sand and the rocks if you put sand first in the jar, no more space for rocks. If you start with the rocks and then sand, all will fit into the jar.

Like the wise man say: "I want you to recognize that this jar signifies your life. The rocks are the truly important things, such as family, health and relationships. If all else was lost and only the rocks remained, your life would still be meaningful. The pebbles are the other things that matter in your life, such as work or school. The sand signifies the remaining “small stuff” (like trolling the internet world) and material possessions"

Brazil
09-08-2015, 10:09 AM
#FrenchTears

#38,455trollposts

congrats

SuperCam
09-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Looking back, that Team USA squad is awful. Rookie Wade, Lebron and Melo, sophmore Boozer and Stoudemire and Okafor while he was still in college. Of the 12 American All-NBA players in 2004, only Timmy went.

this is some weak spursfan :downspin:

every fucking player on that list practically is better than the trash on the peurto rico and argentinian squads that throttled our americans.

Manu and N:lolcioni. :cry b-b-but 23 year old Scola :cry

Goddamn humiliation is what it is.

lefty
09-08-2015, 10:23 AM
#FrenchTears
Are very salty tbh

hater
09-08-2015, 10:35 AM
too bad his greatest achievement was for the Miami Heat's benefit

diego
09-08-2015, 02:13 PM

Wade LeBron and Melo were 2nd team the following year, Iverson was 3 years removed from mvp, 1st team and scoring champ the next year (injured in 03-04, otherwise would have likely been 1st team that year too), marion was 3rd team the following year. Not the greatest dream team obviously but not quite the trash you are painting them out to be

DAF86
09-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Ignoring the troll attempt: 29 pts on 9 of 13 shooting against Team USA on an eliminaation game. What a beast.

TrainOfThought5
09-08-2015, 03:01 PM
this is some weak spursfan :downspin:

every fucking player on that list practically is better than the trash on the peurto rico and argentinian squads that throttled our americans.

Manu and N:lolcioni. :cry b-b-but 23 year old Scola :cry

Goddamn humiliation is what it is.

Im an American and i fully endorse this. No fucking excuse to be made for the trash play that occurred that year.

From Downtown
09-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Ignoring the troll attempt: 29 pts on 9 of 13 shooting against Team USA on an eliminaation game. What a beast.
One of Manu finest games

diego
09-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Wade LeBron and Melo were 2nd team the following year, Iverson was 3 years removed from mvp, 1st team and scoring champ the next year (injured in 03-04, otherwise would have likely been 1st team that year too), marion was 3rd team the following year. Not the greatest dream team obviously but not quite the trash you are painting them out to be

not to mention, that in the run up to the olympics (following paul pierce, reggie miller, baron davis, michael finley, jermaine oneal, ben wallace, shawn marion, elton brand and andre miller getting beat at home, breaking a 59-0 record for nba players), nobody was complaining about marbury, rj and odom, on the contrary, everyone expected that team to smash argentina. and those teams were coached by pop, larry brown and george karl, quit pretending the states sends trash just because the very very very best are too pussy/lazy/legitimately injured to go. both times argentina won, the american players melted down and resorted to cheap shots. it was beautiful. argentina had a great team game, and manu was possessed. I believe the states is on another 40+ streak now, it will be a long time before another international player achieves what manu did.

Kawhitstorm
09-08-2015, 09:45 PM
not to mention, that in the run up to the olympics (following paul pierce, reggie miller, baron davis, michael finley, jermaine oneal, ben wallace, shawn marion, elton brand and andre miller getting beat at home, breaking a 59-0 record for nba players), nobody was complaining about marbury, rj and odom, on the contrary, everyone expected that team to smash argentina. and those teams were coached by pop, larry brown and george karl, quit pretending the states sends trash just because the very very very best are too pussy/lazy/legitimately injured to go. both times argentina won, the american players melted down and resorted to cheap shots. it was beautiful. argentina had a great team game, and manu was possessed. I believe the states is on another 40+ streak now, it will be a long time before another international player achieves what manu did.

That was the equivalent of FC Porto beating ManU(er) over 2 legs on their way to winning the Champion League back in 2004 w/ Mourinho playing the maestro role before moving to England & winning a domestic title right away (ala Manu). Keane also resorting to dirty tactics (ala the Team USA players) is another parallel.

cjw
09-09-2015, 09:34 AM
How in the hell is Hakeem an "international" player when he never played for Nigeria (he actually represented Team USA) & went to college in the States. Nash is North American & went to college in the States, he's as international as Obama is Kenyan.........that would be in name only. Dirk is also iffy considering he was a project who crafted his skills in the NBA & not overseas in Germany.

Exactly - Hakeem is no different to me than Duncan. Yes, Duncan was technically born in the U.S., but neither grew up in a basketball culture (USVI and Nigeria). Both American, though had much less exposure to traditional American basketball upbringings (AAU) and the European circuit for that matter.

YGWHI
09-10-2015, 08:02 PM

I posted "top 5 foreign players" that means foreign-born, not "international" players. I didn't say those players have grown up outside the United States, or went from U.S. college to the NBA, or even played for their national teams.

milkyway21
09-11-2015, 01:18 AM
How can op put that stuff here and call himself a Spurs fan? Knowing how ugly moment it was for the Spurs god Timmy and also Pop...op is not a fan of the Spurs, he is a son of a bitch troll!!!

He's a fan of the Spurs but he's a hater of players who compete his boy Kawhi Leonard with the ball, in FGAs, and the team's scoring chart.

Wait next year let's see how soon can he start targeting LMA for the same reason.