PDA

View Full Version : Young Tim Duncan Mix 98-99

T_L_P
09-08-2015, 01:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCNAEPYNI4w

Pre-meniscus Tim. GOAT.

ceds
09-08-2015, 01:43 AM
Damn...at 41 seconds in the clip TD throws the ball off the backboard to himself for the dunk in a crowd of Willis & i think Barkley?

I dont think ive ever seen a bigman make that play before

Ice009
09-08-2015, 12:11 PM
I keep telling people Tim was athletic, but not many people seem to remember jack shit from his early days, or they just simply weren't around back then. He wasn't a high jumper, but he could jump much higher than he does these days and he also had great lateral quickness for a big man which is what made him a great defender.

BSfromTX
09-08-2015, 10:51 PM
JR REID tryin to defend Timmy

Russo21
09-09-2015, 09:49 AM
I keep telling people Tim was athletic, but not many people seem to remember jack shit from his early days, or they just simply weren't around back then. He wasn't a high jumper, but he could jump much higher than he does these days and he also had great lateral quickness for a big man which is what made him a great defender.

You’re exactly right. Tim was super athletic and versatile for a 7 footer in the early days. His quickness offensively was awesome. Defensively was very quick and had great lateral movement meaning great defence with fewer fouls. But just because he couldn’t jump as high as someone like KG and throw down dunks like The Admiral people think he’s always been un-athletic. He kinda had hops but just because you can’t dunk like Webber doesn’t mean you aren’t athletic. He’d quite often get out on the fast break and beat others down the court for an easy dunk but just because those dunks weren’t 360s or windmills people don’t take notice. But prime TD was very quick and one of the most athletic, versatile, co-ordinated do it all 7 footers you can think of. It’s a shame he messed his knee up so early on. The fact that he has stuck around for 19 years in the NBA has made people forget how athletic he was at the start of his career to (back in the long long ago) I’m with you buddy, I remember the athletic Tim. It was a pleasure to watch.

Gladney to see you
09-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Tim had him a Foster's mate.

spurraider21
09-09-2015, 10:00 AM
det left handed dunk at 2:41 :wow

Leetonidas
09-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Crazy to think as good as his career turned out it could have been better without the 2000 injury

SnakeBoy
09-09-2015, 10:54 AM

Tim was never athletic. Quicker than he is now doesn't mean athletic. Rookie TD wished he had old DRob's athleticism.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Tim was never athletic. Quicker than he is now doesn't mean athletic. Rookie TD wished he had old DRob's athleticism.

Athleticism isn't measured by ones vertical. He was as quick as any PF/C moving laterally (which was one of the attributes that made him an elite defender) & he could run the floor w/ the best of them. As far as his vertical, he had a higher vertical than LMA & old DRob was a better than average athlete when he was relatively healthy. You can make an argument for 98-99 DRob = pre-injury Tim.

eDizzle20
09-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Ridiculous how good he was and and still is at 39.

Dex
09-09-2015, 11:46 AM
:cry Dat bank shot tho :cry

Brazil
09-09-2015, 11:56 AM
det left handed dunk at 2:41 :wow

the at 0:43 is better imo :wow

daslicer
09-09-2015, 12:16 PM
why and when did he stop with the low posts spin move? that was just as automatic like the bank shot...why stop when u still getting superstar calls?

I think its because his knees are broken down that it doesn't allow him to do the spin moves. I have read somewhere that on one of Tim's knees its all bone on bone. Its shocking that Tim can still play despite having that condition. I remember a few years ago Holt raving about how Tim was able to still play despite having a messed up knee.

spurraider21
09-09-2015, 12:18 PM
the at 0:43 is better imo :wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXIz0NF-5NQ

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 12:35 PM
why and when did he stop with the low posts spin move? that was just as automatic like the bank shot...why stop when u still getting superstar calls?

If you ever see him pivot/drop-step after he got the knee braces he can't do it all in one motion b/c he has to plant his feet & gather himself then slow turn over to his right/left since the brace restricts his motion.

dunkman
09-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Duncan was very quick and strong. But most of all he has phenomenal skills, offense, defense, rebounding, shot blocking. Also a great understanding of what it takes to win. All that right from the start.

SPURt
09-10-2015, 09:11 PM
He has spoiled us for almost twenty years. I'm pouring out some boxed wine for his knees. It'd be awesome to be a seven footer till about the age 40.

lefty
09-10-2015, 10:29 PM
I remember Tim blocking MJ twice as a rookie at the United Center

TheDoctor
09-10-2015, 11:42 PM
While he was quick and strong what amazed me the most was his technique. Always in control. Just amazing.

horsielove
09-11-2015, 09:18 AM
Crazy to think as good as his career turned out it could have been better without the 2000 injury

So much this tbh. And the fact that he's still going strong is quite amazing. He could have been the undisputed GOAT.