PDA

View Full Version : I just withdrew from med school & now have to re-acclimate myself back into society

Kawhitstorm
09-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Kids, no matter what they tell you med school isn't worth it unless you can't imagine yourself being anything else other than a physician. I have other career interests so it wasn't worth locking myself in a study room when I wasn't in lecture/lab/workshops/clinic. Basically, it is true that it's just like drinking from a fire hydrant since it is impossible to learn all the material thus have to resort to memorization techniques which I absolutely hated b/c I felt like I wasn't retaining much of material that we covered.

Moral of the story: unless you have some high level memorization skills & aren't dead-set on becoming a physician you are going to be miserable.

At least I get to see Kawhi & Co. run riot on the entire league without feeling guilty about not studying.

DeRozan m8
09-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Welcome back to the real world where we work and don't sniff our own shit.

Cheers

Kawhitstorm
09-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Welcome back to the real world where we work and don't sniff our own shit.

Cheers

I won't miss those pelvic exam workshops.

Mikeanaro
09-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Well, good luck with your other career interests, it sucks when you have to do things you dont like.

Kawhitstorm
09-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Well, good luck with your other career interests, it sucks when you have to do things you dont like.

I met some upperclassmen/residents who regretted med school but couldn't get out b/c of their outstanding debt. Med school is like a prison sentence if you aren't passionate about the field.

weeks
09-08-2015, 08:20 PM
thanks for the post, sorry to hear it didn't work out, but it makes me feel a little better i never went to med school. i flirted with the idea pretty seriously for a year or so, but after speaking to quite a few MDs (and DOs) at the hospital I was working in, i decided against it.

there's a difference between people who love medicine and people who just want to be a 'doctor'. i was the latter, and i decided the feather in my cap and nebulous social standing wasn't worth all the years of my youth spent locked in a concrete room poring over endless body parts. i'd have regretted it forever, i think

TheGreatYacht
09-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Not spurs related.

Pink-worthy, tbh

Kawhitstorm
09-08-2015, 08:38 PM
For the time being, what is a random job that would be awesome as a temp position?

I have never had a job outside of a university setting (I'm the son of a rich African businessman, I'm not kidding) but have time to kill (~6 months) until I embark on my next career move thus I need to occupy myself. Suggestion? (Non customer service related)

Kawhitstorm
09-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Not spurs related.

Pink-worthy, tbh

During my interview, I actually met a Dean at the school who happened to be a San Antonio native (25 yr season ticket holder) & he knew a couple of the Spurs medical staff.....which was one thing that drew me to the school b/c I was interested in a sports medicine fellowship.

weeks
09-08-2015, 08:48 PM
(I'm the son of a rich African businessman, I'm not kidding)

that's what they all say

SPURt
09-08-2015, 08:50 PM
I love prostate exams

Me too...

TheGreatYacht
09-08-2015, 08:51 PM
During my interview, I actually met a Dean at the school who happened to be a San Antonio native (25 yr season ticket holder) & he knew a couple of the Spurs medical staff.....which was one thing that drew me to the school b/c I was interested in a sports medicine fellowship.
Tell me more fam

Kawhitstorm
09-08-2015, 08:55 PM
that's what they all say

I'm East African not West African.

Aztecfan03
09-08-2015, 08:56 PM
:lol

Kawhitstorm
09-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Me too...

Sorry boys I only participated in a pelvic exam workshop (vagina not prostate).

SPURt
09-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Sorry boys I only participated in a pelvic exam workshop (vagina not prostate).
Dang! TGY and I had our hopes up!

Agloco
09-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Kids, no matter what they tell you med school isn't worth it unless you can't imagine yourself being anything else other than a physician. I have other career interests so it wasn't worth locking myself in a study room when I wasn't in lecture/lab/workshops/clinic. Basically, it is true that it's just like drinking from a fire hydrant since it is impossible to learn all the material thus have to resort to memorization techniques which I absolutely hated b/c I felt like I wasn't retaining much of material that we covered.

Moral of the story: unless you have some high level memorization skills & aren't dead-set on becoming a physician you are going to be miserable.

At least I get to see Kawhi & Co. run riot on the entire league without feeling guilty about not studying.

TE?

Agloco
09-08-2015, 09:11 PM

TE?

apalisoc_9
09-08-2015, 09:13 PM
not to late to pursue something different.

All the best op.

TE
09-08-2015, 10:02 PM
TE?
Not me :lol

jsandiego
09-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Sorry it didn't work out for you. I'm ultimately more happy than not that I went to law school, but the debt is crippling and I try to dissuade everyone else from doing it.

If if you have six months, maybe something entrepreneurial? I have contacts in Oil & Gas and real estate development. Alternatively, maybe an in-depth apologetics course if you are a Christian wanting to learn more about your faith.

mbass
09-08-2015, 11:45 PM
For the time being, what is a random job that would be awesome as a temp position?

I have never had a job outside of a university setting (I'm the son of a rich African businessman, I'm not kidding) but have time to kill (~6 months) until I embark on my next career move thus I need to occupy myself. Suggestion? (Non customer service related)

If you are in San Antonio, why not go back to the medical school and look for a job in one of the research labs - if research appeals to you, you could go into the joint MD-PHD program and be well qualified to run your own lab.

lmbebo
09-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Options out there with an MD, even if you never decide to medicine.

MD + MBA = doc jobs, work at a hedge fund or some other place.

As for medicine, yeah, shit is tough at times. Really depends on where you saw yourself after medical school. Could I imagine myself doing rounds every day, see patients, etc, Not really. But I didn't do that. Instead I got into a field that interested me more. Its got its bad points too though.

Don't get lunch breaks, calls on the weekends are rough, slinging barium sucks a$$. But I find it interesting enough. But you can make a difference in people's lives.

I wouldn't count on disillusioned people's opinions.

There a lot out there, medicine, law, engineering, etc. No perfect job out there, just a matter of finding a job where you enjoy more of the good things than the bad things.

playbonner15
09-09-2015, 01:43 AM
I feel you OP. Went to premed but didnt go to med school coz I dont want to spend another year sitting on my ass memorizing books and not working for my own money. Younger brother pushed on though. He just finished med school and hes broke right now and has no social life. But he's still happy because he really wants to be a doctor. Just do what makes you happy regardless of prestige. No regrets, son

playbonner15
09-09-2015, 03:24 AM
you notice those who cant get in med/pharmacy end up doing nursing

problem i have with asian nurses, think they are topshit will wait it out in the hospital trying to hook up with a doctor :(

Dafuq you goin on. You cant get into nursing just bcause you cant get into med school. You have to graduate from Nursing and get certified to be a nurse. Have you tried taking care of a sick relative in the hospital? I have. Shits stressful as fuck. It changed my perspective on how demanding it is to be a nurse. Dont think so low of them just coz they aint doctors.

SnakeBoy
09-09-2015, 10:37 AM

Dear Sir/Madam

This letter is not intended to to cause any embarrassment but just to contact your esteem self-following the knowledge of your high repute and trustworthiness.

I am Mohammed Abacha,the son of the late Nigerian Head of State who died on the 8th of June 1998.If you are conversant with world news,you would understand better,while I got your contacts through my personal research.Please,I need your assistance to make this happen and please; do not undermine it because it will also be a source of upliftment to you also.You have absolutely nothing to loose in assisting us instead, you have so much to gain.

The then head of state General Sani Abacha,transferred the money through a Lebanese businessman,Chagoury and a Jewish business man,Mark Rissar to bank accounts overseas,Instead,he used PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS (PIN) and declared the contents as Bearer Bonds and Treasury Bills. Also the firm issued him with a certificate of deposit of the consignments notes, which I have these information in my custody now.

You must have heard over the media reports and the Internet on the recovery of various huge sums of money deposited by my late father in different Banks and security firms abroad. Some of these banks and security firms willingly gave-/divulge their banking secrets and disclosed to the present civilian administration of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, about my family's cash lodgement and monetary transactions with them.

Please my dear, I repose great confidence in you and I hope you will not betray my confidence in you. I have secretly deposited the sum of $30,000,000.00 with a security firm abroad whose name is withheld for now until we open communications.The money is contained in a metal box consignment with Security Deposit Number 009GM.

I shall be grateful if you could receive this fund into your Bank account for safekeeping. This arrangement is known to you and my junior brother (Abbas) only. So I will deal directly with you. I am proposing a 20% share of the fund to you for your kind assistance. I shall provide for you all the documents of the fund deposit with the security firm, and raise a power of attorney to enable you claim and receive this fund into your bank account. I have done a thorough homework and fine-tuned the best way to create you as the beneficiary to the funds and effect the transfer accordingly. Is rest assured that the modalities I have resolved to finalize the entire project guarantees our safety and the successful transfer of the funds.So, you will be absolutely right when you say that this project is risk free and viable.If you are capable and willing to assist, contact me at once via email with following details:

1. YOUR NAME
2. POSTAL ADDRESS
3. PHONE AND FAX NUMBERS

Also this transaction demands absolute confidentiality.On no condition must you disclose it to anybody irrespective of your relation with the person.Remember,Loose lips sinks ship.I am looking forward to your urgent and positive response via my email address above.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Abacha.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 10:52 AM
MEDICINE = Recession proof industry

Recession proof but you are bound to graduate w/ a 200K debt & some type of PTSD.

hater
09-09-2015, 10:54 AM
:cry life is hard work :cry

good luck on your next job at Walmart OP

SnakeBoy
09-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Recession proof but you are bound to graduate w/ a 200K debt & some type of PTSD.

Graduating with one years salary of debt isn't a bad deal. Good for you figuring out you weren't cut out for the job though.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 11:06 AM
Graduating with one years salary of debt isn't a bad deal. Good for you figuring out you weren't cut out for the job though.

LoL, ever heard of taxes & interests? Not to mention a minimum of 3 yrs of residences AFTER graduation & the fact than the starting salary is more like 150K.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 11:11 AM
:cry life is hard work :cry

good luck on your next job at Walmart OP

I've a family business waiting for me back home in Africa so no need for a retail job. Basically, I pursed medicine b/c I'm a science nerd but the job market is terrible for freshly minted PhDs. If I just wanted money then I would just go back home & live like a king but I find that to be boring!

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 11:21 AM
I withdrew a month after the beginning of my 2nd year so it's more manageable than it would have been had I tried to push through for 4yrs & flamed out.

SnakeBoy
09-09-2015, 11:38 AM
I've a family business waiting for me back home in Africa so no need for a retail job. Basically, I pursed medicine b/c I'm a science nerd but the job market is terrible for freshly minted PhDs. If I just wanted money then I would just go back home & live like a king but I find that to be boring!

lol there's no shortage of job opportunities for physicians. Headhunters leave messages for my wife every week. No need to make up bullshit on why you dropped out of Med School. It's a sports forum...nobody gives a shit.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 11:49 AM
lol there's no shortage of job opportunities for physicians. Headhunters leave messages for my wife every week. No need to make up bullshit on why you dropped out of Med School. It's a sports forum...nobody gives a shit.

Uhhhh, I said shortage of job opportunities for PhDs who last I checked don't qualify as "physicians". I'm not making up excuses, I'm a conceptual learner who doesn't do well in classes that emphasize brute memorization (i.e. majority of the curriculum). It's no secret that most pre-med students suck at math & med school student in general hate Bio Mechanics courses b/c they suck at physics, I on the other hand excelled in Bio Mechanics b/c it was a very conceptual course & sucked in med micro (b/c it was essentially memorizing bugs/pills).

Biernutz
09-09-2015, 01:00 PM

Congrats on bailing on MD school. Just think of all the lives you saved by not going to Med School. Just remember
there is no shame in a history degree from a lower tier state school. There is no shame in A trade school.
Congrats on getting out of high school. Many fail at that...........

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Congratulations-on-Getting-Through-School_zpskeijmej6.png

SnakeBoy
09-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Uhhhh, I said shortage of job opportunities for PhDs who last I checked don't qualify as "physicians". I'm not making up excuses, I'm a conceptual learner who doesn't do well in classes that emphasize brute memorization (i.e. majority of the curriculum). It's no secret that most pre-med students suck at math & med school student in general hate Bio Mechanics courses b/c they suck at physics, I on the other hand excelled in Bio Mechanics b/c it was a very conceptual course & sucked in med micro (b/c it was essentially memorizing bugs/pills).

Well good luck on the drop out thing. Conceptualize this...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B66n3vLIMAAaiL1.jpg:large

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Well good luck on the drop out thing. Conceptualize this...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B66n3vLIMAAaiL1.jpg:large

LoL, I ain't got kids/debt.....I'll be just fine.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Congrats on bailing on MD school. Just think of all the lives you saved by not going to Med School.

I saved myself a life misery so there is that...

SnakeBoy
09-09-2015, 01:31 PM

Well as a med school dropout you could probably get someone to train you as a medical office assistant. Although they would probably expect you to memorize your duties and not just conceptualize doing your job. I know some that have worked their way up to $12-15/hr.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 01:44 PM
Well as a med school dropout you could probably get someone to train you as a medical office assistant. Although they would probably expect you to memorize your duties and not just conceptualize doing your job. I know some that have worked their way up to $12-15/hr.

I won't have to memorize 4 textbook worth of material in a matter of 4 months so I should be able to conceptualize my duties & retain what I actually learned. As far as the job, I just want so random job that might not necessarily pay well but is fun (maybe working in a zoo or animals in general...I'm tried of humans). I already have another career lined up & will be starting at a different professional school next fall so I don't need a stable job.....medical office assistant sounds pretty boring.

dbestpro
09-09-2015, 01:59 PM

The real world of corporate education is moving on from memorization being the barometer of capability. Some refer to it as the goolgization of education. The new standard wants to know three things, first can you find the information, second can you interpret the information, and finally can you make accurate decisions based off of that information. Some academic traditions are slow to respond, but that is they way they have always been when it comes to post secondary education.

elbamba
09-09-2015, 02:04 PM

Did your dad get rich by selling nice stuff out front but counterfeit stuff out of the back?

dbestpro
09-09-2015, 02:09 PM
I recommend following a medical administration pathway. This way you can hold all of those great memory minded doctors accountable for their decision making abilities.

SnakeBoy
09-09-2015, 02:31 PM
I won't have to memorize 4 textbook worth of material in a matter of 4 months so I should be able to conceptualize my duties & retain what I actually learned. As far as the job, I just want so random job that might not necessarily pay well but is fun (maybe working in a zoo or animals in general...I'm tried of humans). I already have another career lined up & will be starting at a different professional school next fall so I don't need a stable job.....medical office assistant sounds pretty boring.

Cleaning up animal shit sounds fun but you'll have to memorize where to dump all of it. Sounds easy but it is probably more involved than memorizing what the different forums are for.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Cleaning up animal shit sounds fun but you'll have to memorize where to dump all of it. Sounds easy but it is probably more involved than memorizing what the different forums are for.

No problem, I'll dump it all on the sports forum.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Did your dad get rich by selling nice stuff out front but counterfeit stuff out of the back?

No he actually exports the coffee you buy at Starbucks for a premium price.

The real world of corporate education is moving on from memorization being the barometer of capability. Some refer to it as the goolgization of education. The new standard wants to know three things, first can you find the information, second can you interpret the information, and finally can you make accurate decisions based off of that information. Some academic traditions are slow to respond, but that is they way they have always been when it comes to post secondary education.

Med school is guilty of it as any academic institution, even the instructors talk shyt about how the medical community values tradition when it comes to academia.

Agloco
09-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Not me :lol

Lol ok. There's likely an exceedingly low number of medical students posting here. Thought there was a good chance it might be you. Glad to hear you're marching on. How's it going?

Agloco
09-09-2015, 03:04 PM

Depends on your PhD tbh. I for one am glad I never pursued an MD. Benefits of having 2 relatives in trauma I suppose.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Depends on your PhD tbh. I for one am glad I never pursued an MD. Benefits of having 2 relatives in trauma I suppose.

I suppose one could get a job as an instructor but I've no interest in teaching. I just want to do full time research (Life sciences).

Agloco
09-09-2015, 03:11 PM
I suppose one could get a job as an instructor but I've no interest in teaching. I just want to do full time research (Life sciences).

There's much more to PhD life than academia and research. Pure research is a quagmire I'd never step into.

dbestpro
09-09-2015, 03:29 PM
There's much more to PhD life than academia and research. Pure research is a quagmire I'd never step into.

I remember several years ago I was asked if I was going to pursue my PhD. My response was, if I needed a PhD, I would hire one.

RD2191
09-09-2015, 03:41 PM
Why is snakeboy so salty? Tbh

tmtcsc
09-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Also this transaction demands absolute confidentiality.On no condition must you disclose it to anybody irrespective of your relation with the person.Remember,Loose lips sinks ship.I am looking forward to your urgent and positive response via my email address above.

Best Regards,

Imgon Arobya. FIFY

Raven
09-09-2015, 03:56 PM
i really don't see how med school could be compared to being a physician

HarryLoLa
09-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Good luck...follow your heart.

spurraider21
09-09-2015, 04:46 PM
crushing blow and i'm not sure you'll ever recover

good luck

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-09-2015, 04:55 PM
OP, the future of the global economy lies in sustainability: efficiency, closed loop production, renewable energy. Head in that direction and you can't go wrong.

Dingle Barry
09-09-2015, 05:12 PM
LoL, ever heard of taxes & interests? Not to mention a minimum of 3 yrs of residences AFTER graduation & the fact than the starting salary is more like 150K.

Ever heard of Pay as You Earn? Caps monthly repayments at 10% of "disposable income" (defined in a fair way IMO and IIRC) and forgives the balance after 20 years of payments (though you're taxed on any amount forgiven as income). I'm carrying 6 figures of law school debt, and while the monthly debt payments hurt, they are definitely not crippling.

You probably should have at least gotten the MD no matter how painful. And you could have just gotten shitty grades and still gotten some benefit from the credential. You just set aflame ~$30k tuition plus your opportunity cost of $50k or whatever for jack shit.

FkLA
09-09-2015, 05:13 PM
That's pretty weak, OP. All good degrees require you to put in a lot of work. It's necessary that everything gets thrown at you so that when you encounter it out in the field it isn't the first time you've heard of it...you don't have to retain absolutely everything for med school to serve a purpose. You want a simple job that doesn't throw a bunch of stuff at you? Go apply at McDonads and even then they'll require that you put in a couple of good years before you can get into management.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Ever heard of Pay as You Earn? Caps monthly repayments at 10% of "disposable income" (defined in a fair way IMO and IIRC) and forgives the balance after 20 years of payments (though you're taxed on any amount forgiven as income). I'm carrying 6 figures of law school debt, and while the monthly debt payments hurt, they are definitely not crippling.

You probably should have at least gotten the MD no matter how painful. And you could have just gotten shitty grades and still gotten some benefit from the credential. You just set aflame ~$30k tuition plus your opportunity cost of $50k or whatever for jack shit.

...which is completely irrelevant if you're doing something you hate and aren't committed to.

Also, money isn't the only measure of value.

Dingle Barry
09-09-2015, 05:21 PM
And as archaic and impractical as medical education sounds, it's not as fucked up and backwards as legal education, where at most schools you fart around reading old ass case law for three years and engage in mental masturbation with the goal of "thinking like a lawyer" - which is laughable bullshit - and most graduate with fuck all for practical knowledge despite having paid steep tuition prices to support the exorbitant salaries of professors who by and large have never actually practiced law and are only experts at getting shit published and previously being a total faggot in law school.

Dingle Barry
09-09-2015, 05:23 PM
...which is completely irrelevant if you're doing something you hate and aren't committed to.

That doesn't make it irrelevant at all.

FkLA
09-09-2015, 05:26 PM
engineering education >>>

myhc
09-09-2015, 05:27 PM
My take is that even if you decided not to go into residency, the temporary suffering for 4 years to get that MD degree would've been worth it to open doors for you in the future whether in business, engineering, or what have you. That degree carries weight, even if you weren't planning on practicing as a physician. Just sayin. Good luck to you.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 05:48 PM

Working for Corporate America (esp. Big Pharma) as an analyst/consultant is an option but I'm a socialist at heart so I'm not sure I would enjoy it. Working for the gov't as a policymaker is also an option but it just sounds so dry & boring. Then there is the good ol' patent attorney career, yuck!

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind being a science writer if I could qualify as a "writer" but my ideal career would be working for a Biotech startup if it wasn't such a pretty unstable industry.

I'm just going to play it safe & stick to the clinical sciences then try to build some type of medical startup in Africa after learning mastering my craft in the States.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 06:21 PM
i really don't see how med school could be compared to being a physician

The journey to becoming a physician starts once you step a foot in med school & you are basically treading water until you retire.

The student loan debt wasn't the issue if it was then I wouldn't have signed up to go to Med school in the first place.

The teaching style just didn't fit my learning style whatsoever & I felt like I wasn't retaining enough of the material that I studied. I would compare it trying to memorizing a dictionary vs. learning in depth about the material from an encyclopedia. Some kids can just memorize the lecture & regurgitate it but I had to connect the dots for it to make sense to me otherwise I'm just not going to retain much of why I studied. The problem was I didn't have time to even open the textbook b/c they kept hitting up w/ 5 hour lectures daily (on top labs) which I had to go over (basically took me an additional 5 hrs) to even make sense of it.

Besides, you would get kicked out of med school if you have "shitty grades" in TWO courses (below 70%) & that isn't hard to do considering a handful of my former classmates that I talked to got below a 70% on the most recent exam (they are praying for the curve). You would also get kicked out if you don't pass boards (Step I/II) on two tries. So you are going to get weeded out before you are awarded your MD if you try to push through without retaining most of the material or at least having some high level memorization skills.

09-09-2015, 06:42 PM

lmbebo
09-09-2015, 09:44 PM

Depends on the field ... Ortho and ER are hot right now. Radiology, not so much.

lmbebo
09-09-2015, 09:47 PM
The journey to becoming a physician starts once you step a foot in med school & you are basically treading water until you retire.

The student loan debt wasn't the issue if it was then I wouldn't have signed up to go to Med school in the first place.

The teaching style just didn't fit my learning style whatsoever & I felt like I wasn't retaining enough of the material that I studied. I would compare it trying to memorizing a dictionary vs. learning in depth about the material from an encyclopedia. Some kids can just memorize the lecture & regurgitate it but I had to connect the dots for it to make sense to me otherwise I'm just not going to retain much of why I studied. The problem was I didn't have time to even open the textbook b/c they kept hitting up w/ 5 hour lectures daily (on top labs) which I had to go over (basically took me an additional 5 hrs) to even make sense of it.

Besides, you would get kicked out of med school if you have "shitty grades" in TWO courses (below 70%) & that isn't hard to do considering a handful of my former classmates that I talked to got below a 70% on the most recent exam (they are praying for the curve). You would also get kicked out if you don't pass boards (Step I/II) on two tries. So you are going to get weeded out before you are awarded your MD if you try to push through without retaining most of the material or at least having some high level memorization skills.

70% isn't hard to get. BRS/Case review books. Had professors sometimes drop hints during class about particular important topics. Step I and II take effort to study for, but are very doable. I think the 1st time pass rates are fairly high. That being said, people I know who struggled with the USMLE exams, struggled at taking exams. All were very bright individuals, but were poor test takers.

daslicer
09-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Interesting thread I know quite a few people in college who ended up going to med school. When I talk to them the great majority say now that they regret it and this is after now making money. From all of them I hear them all say they hate the hours and really don't like the patients since in most cases the patients tend to be annoying after a while. I think being a doctor is still a good career path but its not as luxurious as it once was 20 years ago due to now corporations having more control of the medical industry. Doctors are now being measured by metrics and have to fill out more paperwork than they did in the past so that makes job more miserable. Being a doctor still gets you an upper middle class lifestyle and provides career stability but it's definitely not a field you want to get into if your goal is to become rich. I say this because a lot of kids try to become doctors because they think the career path will make them rich.

lmbebo
09-09-2015, 10:16 PM
You don't make money in medicine. You pay the bills in medicine. If you want to make money, go into business.

And yes, going into medicine isn't cush. I typically work 60-70 hour weeks, call at least 1-2/week. 1 weekend a month working (so non stop working for 2 weeks straight, barely seeing family). Note I'm in private practice, not academics.

I don't get hounded with a ton of calls in my speciality, but some can have the phone ringing off of the hook all night.

Lots of paperwork. Lots of $$$ to maintain licenses, certifications, medical education, etc. Liability insurance.

Its a masochistic lifestyle.

Some patients are great, others suck. It is what it is.

rastaspur
09-09-2015, 11:11 PM
And as archaic and impractical as medical education sounds, it's not as fucked up and backwards as legal education, where at most schools you fart around reading old ass case law for three years and engage in mental masturbation with the goal of "thinking like a lawyer" - which is laughable bullshit - and most graduate with fuck all for practical knowledge despite having paid steep tuition prices to support the exorbitant salaries of professors who by and large have never actually practiced law and are only experts at getting shit published and previously being a total faggot in law school.

As a law school graduate I would tend to agree with most of this rant.

Kawhitstorm
09-09-2015, 11:34 PM
70% isn't hard to get. BRS/Case review books. Had professors sometimes drop hints during class about particular important topics. Step I and II take effort to study for, but are very doable. I think the 1st time pass rates are fairly high. That being said, people I know who struggled with the USMLE exams, struggled at taking exams. All were very bright individuals, but were poor test takers.

We studied off BRS as a group for the 1st MGA exam & the majority of the class got their ass kicked. It wasn't the 2nd/3rd order BRS style clinical questions (which I prefer) that were the killers it was the fact the professor decided to ask a bunch of 1st order neurovascular questions thus it was pure memorization (Netters Flashcards, ugh). As far as the boards exams, I'm not a great standardized test taker so it might have been a struggle. For me it just wasn't worth it to work as hard as I can & still be stressed out about passing exams (we basically had exams EVERY Monday &/or sometimes on Fridays so I couldn't even take a breather on the weekends). Had I finished my 2nd year then it would be worrying about the board exams while slaving away at the clinics.

Spurs 4 The Win
09-09-2015, 11:44 PM
We studied off BRS as a group for the 1st MGA exam & the majority of the class got their ass kicked. It wasn't the 2nd/3rd order BRS style clinical questions (which I prefer) that were the killers it was the fact the professor decided to ask a bunch of 1st order neurovascular questions thus it was pure memorization (Netters Flashcards, ugh). As far as the boards exams, I'm not a great standardized test taker so it might have been a struggle. For me it just wasn't worth it to work as hard as I can & still be stressed out about passing exams (we basically had exams EVERY Monday &/or sometimes on Fridays so I couldn't even take a breather on the weekends). Had I finished my 2nd year then it would be worrying about the board exams while slaving away at the clinics.

Honestly bro, you sound like a fucking pussy, either medicine was or wasnt for you but dont make up this bullshit about not passing to rationalize your decision, pass rates at medical school are well above 90%

If you are worried about putting in hard work than you should probably just kill yourself now because *newsflash* life is hard and will only get harder, school is fucking easy, bills and a family, not so much

Kawhitstorm
09-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Honestly bro, you sound like a fucking pussy, either medicine was or wasnt for you but dont make up this bullshit about not passing to rationalize your decision, pass rates at medical school are well above 90%

If you are worried about putting in hard work than you should probably just kill yourself now because *newsflash* life is hard and will only get harder, school is fucking easy, bills and a family, not so much

l already had a well paying job before I went to medical school & I can tell you paying the bills was one of the easiest things I had to do in my life. On the other hand, you might want to try locking yourself in a study room essentially memorizing mind numbing material for 4 months straight then get back at me. There are a select few w/ ridiculous memorization skills or are plain geniuses who have an easier go at it than the majority but the rest are essentially torturing themselves. Most of them put themselves through this for 4 years because they have some ulterior motive that goes beyond wanting to help people such as prestige/money, family/peer pressure, not having other career interests, religious "calling"(esp. Mormons)...etc. I for one am not willing to subjugate myself to torture because I have other career interests & never cared about the prestige/money nor do I have any family/peer pressure or religious "calling" (I'm an atheist) to become a physician.

If you think everyone learns the same way & has the same ulterior motive thus I should be able to plow through it just because your uncle did then I guess I'm a "pussy".

Silver&Black
09-10-2015, 12:11 AM

What kind of engineering degree do you have?

Spurs 4 The Win
09-10-2015, 12:16 AM
l already had a well paying job before I went to medical school & I can tell you paying the bills was one of the easiest things I had to do in my life. On the other hand, you might want to try locking yourself in a study room essentially memorizing mind numbing material for 4 months straight then get back at me. There are a select few w/ ridiculous memorization skills or are plain geniuses who have an easier go at it than the majority but the rest are essentially torturing themselves. Most of them put themselves through this for 4 years because they have some ulterior motive that goes beyond wanting to help people such as prestige/money, family/peer pressure, not having other career interests...etc. I for one am not willing to subjugate myself to torture because I have other career interests & never cared about the prestige/money nor do I have any family/peer pressure to become a physician.

If you think everyone learns the same way & has the same ulterior motive thus I should be able to plow through it just because your uncle did then I guess I'm a "pussy".

I did the 4 years memorizing pointless things bud, so youre bitching to the wrong person about that. Next time you feel like quitting, man up and dont be a bitch.

Kawhitstorm
09-10-2015, 12:46 AM
I did the 4 years memorizing pointless things bud, so youre bitching to the wrong person about that. Next time you feel like quitting, man up and dont be a bitch.

You seem miserable for having tortured yourself for those 4 years (+ slaving away in residency for at least 3 years) to support your kids & pay the bills meanwhile I'll be laying back at the beach sipping pina colada EVERY weekend without having to worry about student loans, filling out mind numbing paper work, dealing w/ disgruntled patients, having to be on call during the holidays...etc. Have a nice life Mr. Macho man.

Agloco
09-10-2015, 07:05 AM
I'm just going to play it safe & stick to the clinical sciences then try to build some type of medical startup in Africa after learning mastering my craft in the States.

This was the angle I was alluding to. I work for one person: Me.

Good luck!

Agloco
09-10-2015, 07:07 AM
I remember several years ago I was asked if I was going to pursue my PhD. My response was, if I needed a PhD, I would hire one.

Well sure. Depends on ones end game though. If you're in the right niche there's plenty of cash ready to be thrown at you.

elbamba
09-10-2015, 08:48 AM
No he actually exports the coffee you buy at Starbucks for a premium price.

Glad I don't drink coffee or ever go to Starbucks.

Kawhitstorm
09-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Glad I don't drink coffee or ever go to Starbucks.

Seems like there is no joy in your life...why so SALTY?

dabom
09-10-2015, 04:33 PM
I got a CE degree. Thumbsuppic*

Rummpd
09-10-2015, 07:38 PM
Made it through med school but agree it was a miserable experience/here hoping u do and find what makes u happy going fwd

tholdren
09-10-2015, 07:49 PM

You're wrong. Only people who are a) financially stable or b) live somewhere which currency is not used (?) would be able to say that.

Doing something that you hate or aren't committed to, could simply be means to and end. I don't necessarily think that my occupation is what I would choose to be when I grow up, but I have no debt, my kids are in great schools, and I have 2 homes. I'm not sure how happy I would be if I did something I loved every day, but had to worry about living pay-check to pay-check, worried about my kids in public schools, and was in debt up to my ears.

OP sounds like a typical anti-work kid, who blames his problems on outside influences, rather than getting what he wants by grinding.

PS the memorization piece is complete BS. Anyone can memorize "at a high level" that is actually the lowest level of thinking there is. This punk should be telling us all thank you, for paying his internet and student debt while he goes tallywacking through the forest like Walt Whitman.

dabom
09-10-2015, 08:53 PM
You're wrong. Only people who are a) financially stable or b) live somewhere which currency is not used (?) would be able to say that.

Doing something that you hate or aren't committed to, could simply be means to and end. I don't necessarily think that my occupation is what I would choose to be when I grow up, but I have no debt, my kids are in great schools, and I have 2 homes. I'm not sure how happy I would be if I did something I loved every day, but had to worry about living pay-check to pay-check, worried about my kids in public schools, and was in debt up to my ears.

OP sounds like a typical anti-work kid, who blames his problems on outside influences, rather than getting what he wants by grinding.

PS the memorization piece is complete BS. Anyone can memorize "at a high level" that is actually the lowest level of thinking there is. This punk should be telling us all thank you, for paying his internet and student debt while he goes tallywacking through the forest like Walt Whitman.

You sound like you wanna give more tax breaks for corporations. :lmao

And I have zero debt if you're wondering. :lmao

Perry Mason
09-10-2015, 09:50 PM
Medicine tends to suck now because the profession, which has been a cartel since the progressives made it that way in the early 20th century, is now so heavily regulated and full of mandates that it limits options, limits supply, limits treatment options, and so takes all joy out of medicine. Some specialities do very well. Those blaming the corporationy corporations really have no clue and need to read the history of the third party payment system and why it even exists (hint: government control and cartelization).

My doctor buddy left being the head of bariatrics at a prestigious university hospital, to make bank as the head of his own boutique clinic doing the same thing. He went from overworked upper middle class and over taxed grunt, to making bank and enjoying himself. You have to find the pockets of freedom to enjoy yourself.

Law has similar problems but at a lesser level. If you work in the transactional space, avoid litigation, and have a talent for negotiations and social skills, you can write your own ticket. I'm 34 and make close to a million a year doing this. But I had to grind through law school and and life as a big firm associate. Now though I set my own pace.

Kawhitstorm
09-10-2015, 11:00 PM

If I was an "anti-work" kid I wouldn't even get into med school in the first place. I do agree memorization is the lowest level of learning (which is why I absolutely hated it since I actually like learning the concepts) but there are levels to it. I wasn't educated in a school system that required excessive memorization nor were we drilled w/ standardized tests so my learning style is much different than my American peers.

I definitely chose the wrong major/field for my learning style but I'm not going to dwell on it. Looking back, it's kind of funny how my roommate was an EE major & I was able to hang w/ him in Calculus/DE/Physics (I was undeclared)...I actually used to help him out when we took a Python programming class. Maybe I will look into Bioinformatics or a similar field but it's been a while since I encountered a calculus/DE based problem.

FkLA
09-10-2015, 11:02 PM
What kind of engineering degree do you have?

ME my fellow engineer brah

apalisoc_9
09-10-2015, 11:05 PM
Do people in their mid 20's and early 20's in the US really have huge educational debts?

I paid for all my schooling without loaning at all but I had to take three semesters every year so I can work full time while going to school.

50% of what I use to make every week goes to my university fund.

Silver&Black
09-11-2015, 12:29 AM
ME my fellow engineer brah
Mechanical...nice. I only had to take the basics of ME...THANK GOD!!!

Civil Engineering FTW TBQH.

Kawhitstorm
09-11-2015, 12:54 AM
Do people in their mid 20's and early 20's in the US really have huge educational debts?

I paid for all my schooling without loaning at all but I had to take three semesters every year so I can work full time while going to school.

50% of what I use to make every week goes to my university fund.

It depends on the major &/or the school, if you are in the hard sciences then you probably would struggle to finish in 4 years while in good standing if you were working full-time. I went to a public Ivy & worked part-time for to cover my groceries plus other miscellaneous expenses but the rest was covered by grants/scholarships.

If you're talking about med school then you would be struggling to even find time to go to the gym let alone work. Even if you did work full-time there is no way you would be able to cover the tuition w/ a typical college student income. Folks who graduate from med school without debt either have a full-scholarship (very rare) or have wealthy parents (pretty common).

apalisoc_9
09-11-2015, 02:23 AM
It depends on the major &/or the school, if you are in the hard sciences then you probably would struggle to finish in 4 years while in good standing if you were working full-time. I went to a public Ivy & worked part-time for to cover my groceries plus other miscellaneous expenses but the rest was covered by grants/scholarships.

If you're talking about med school then you would be struggling to even find time to go to the gym let alone work. Even if you did work full-time there is no way you would be able to cover the tuition w/ a typical college student income. Folks who graduate from med school without debt either have a full-scholarship (very rare) or have wealthy parents (pretty common).

yeah for sure...

but I've read people wtith shitty arts degree that owe lots of money

FkLA
09-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Mechanical...nice. I only had to take the basics of ME...THANK GOD!!!

Civil Engineering FTW TBQH.

I came really close to doing Civil. My older brothers were all crew leaders in a pretty big construction company, worked there myself a couple of Summers, and had an internship pretty much guaranteed if I went that route. I was always more of a car guy though and went with ME instead. Every once in a while I regret it and think about how cool it would've been to work with them.

Electrical courses were what I hated. Never really cared for that shit.

Kawhitstorm
09-11-2015, 02:41 PM
. My older brothers were all crew leaders in a pretty big construction company

Hummmmmm, Mexicans working for a construction company?........I kid, I kid!

Silver&Black
09-11-2015, 06:43 PM
I came really close to doing Civil. My older brothers were all crew leaders in a pretty big construction company, worked there myself a couple of Summers, and had an internship pretty much guaranteed if I went that route. I was always more of a car guy though and went with ME instead. Every once in a while I regret it and think about how cool it would've been to work with them.

Electrical courses were what I hated. Never really cared for that shit.

Me too. I hated everything about electricity. Thankfully I only had to learn about it in Physics II. My teacher was an Asian guy who you couldn't even understand. I swear to God...somebody would ask him to repeat himself after every sentence he spoke...which made learning electricity even more difficult.

I didn't go the construction route like your brothers. I went the traffic/transportation route in Civil Engineering. I basically do everything from designing new lanes for our interstates (what I'm doing right at this moment) to re-working intersections to optimize the traffic signal timing plans.

I'm thinking about going back and getting my Masters pretty soon though...probably specialize in concrete. I could probably double my earnings in 5 years...

FkLA
09-12-2015, 12:46 AM
Me too. I hated everything about electricity. Thankfully I only had to learn about it in Physics II. My teacher was an Asian guy who you couldn't even understand. I swear to God...somebody would ask him to repeat himself after every sentence he spoke...which made learning electricity even more difficult.

I didn't go the construction route like your brothers. I went the traffic/transportation route in Civil Engineering. I basically do everything from designing new lanes for our interstates (what I'm doing right at this moment) to re-working intersections to optimize the traffic signal timing plans.

I'm thinking about going back and getting my Masters pretty soon though...probably specialize in concrete. I could probably double my earnings in 5 years...

I had electrical shit it in Physics II, a mandatory Circuits class and Mechatronics. :td

My bros aren't engineers just foremen. I say it would've been cool to work with them because from what I've seen CEs and foremen work really close together during projects. You plan on getting your Masters at Miss St? I always figured I'd be done with school after getting my bachelors but I actually wouldn't mind teaching in my 50s or 60s so I'll probably end up going back at some point too tbh.

Dingle Barry
09-14-2015, 10:59 AM

Real talk.

Kawhitstorm
09-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Real talk.

LMAO..again the main reason I withdrew was because it didn't suit my learning style not because of work ethic (I did have a job in the "real world" & did just fine). If I had to put a number on it, medical school (the first 2 years) is basically 75% memorization/25% conceptual on the other hand I'm 75%conceptual/25% memorization. Anatomy lab was basically 99% memorizing structures, there was no way of conceptualizing the lab practical so if you forget the name of a structure you will get a no credit on the practical no matter how well you understand its function. Same w/ pharmacology/microbiology when it comes to memorizing bugs/meds. There were so many mnemonics that you would need mnemonics to remember the mnemonics (if there were any). I did fine in courses that didn't emphasize excessive memorization *physiology, bio-mechanics, Biochem) so I didn't find the material to be difficult, it was really the amount of memorization in the majority of the curriculum that just became too overwhelming.

I'm not sure what a future doctors ability to memorize a high volume of material proves in the 21st century when one could refer to a plethora of resources at the snap of a finger. There is also a reason why there are specialist & residents nowadays also look up stuff on the internet (residents actually do this nowadays).

Med school in general attract students who have a high level memorization skill but are mediocre in math/physics thus if they are seeking a high paying job/status etc...they have no other choice but to put themselves through hell for a minimum of 7 years. Fortunately, I happen to be an outlier thus have other career options besides medicine.

tholdren
09-16-2015, 09:54 PM
OP couldn't make it in med school, quits/fails out, then blames the system. Great work ethic

Kawhitstorm
09-17-2015, 02:28 PM
OP couldn't make it in med school, quits/fails out, then blames the system. Great work ethic

I never asked for an overhaul of the curriculum, I simply stated that "med school isn't for ME" & elaborated on why it wasn't a good fit for ME (however you want to interpret that is up to you). BTW..I did pass my 1st year classes & actually excelled in some the conceptual of the courses but my goal was to get into an Orto residency/sports medicine fellowship but that would be far fetched unless I was near the top 10% of my class. With an average GPA & not being the greatest standardize test-taker I was most likely going to end up in a family medicine residency but I withdrew instead of having to be a miserably family medicine physician.

I'm not one of those delusional people who firmly believes they deserve could get into a residency when they don't have stats. I knew what I wanted & graciously bowed out when I knew it wasn't going to be feasible as opposed to sticking it out then blaming my school for failing me when I don't get into a specific residency (i.e. a handful of med school graduates).

tholdren
09-17-2015, 06:06 PM
I never asked for an overhaul of the curriculum, I simply stated that "med school isn't for ME" & elaborated on why it wasn't a good fit for ME (however you want to interpret that is up to you). BTW..I did pass my 1st year classes & actually excelled in some the conceptual of the courses but my goal was to get into an Orto residency/sports medicine fellowship but that would be far fetched unless I was near the top 10% of my class. With an average GPA & not being the greatest standardize test-taker I was most likely going to end up in a family medicine residency but I withdrew instead of having to be a miserably family medicine physician.

I'm not one of those delusional people who firmly believes they deserve could get into a residency when they don't have stats. I knew what I wanted & graciously bowed out when I knew it wasn't going to be feasible as opposed to sticking it out then blaming my school for failing me when I don't get into a specific residency (i.e. a handful of med school graduates).

Hows welfare working out?

Kawhitstorm
09-17-2015, 06:26 PM
Hows welfare working out?

I've plenty in my savings & I've also inherited a mansion/company in Africa so no need for welfare unless you need some financial assistance.

Dingle Barry
09-18-2015, 11:22 AM
I've plenty in my savings & I've also inherited a mansion/company in Africa so no need for welfare unless you need some financial assistance.

Did you too receive that email from the executor of that prince's estate?

daslicer
09-18-2015, 12:12 PM
Did you too receive that email from the executor of that prince's estate?

:lol I have to say they are a lot of fake millionaires on ST.

InRareForm
09-18-2015, 12:17 PM
Doctors don't become wealthy until they hit their late 30's? Basically have to catch up with their debt with income to break even and then start making true money afterwards.

Kawhitstorm
09-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Doctors don't become wealthy until they hit their late 30's? Basically have to catch up with their debt with income to break even and then start making true money afterwards.

I wasn't in it for the wealthy (I have already inherited more than enough), I don't have kids so I can live comfortably off 75Ks.

tholdren
09-18-2015, 08:21 PM
I wasn't in it for the wealthy (I have already inherited more than enough), I don't have kids so I can live comfortably off 75Ks.
lol what a turd

Kawhitstorm
09-19-2015, 11:14 AM
lol what a turd

What a degenerate tool. If you can't phantom enjoying life without a 100k salary, a suburban house, 2 cars, 2.5 kids, a dog, and of course, your little white picket fence then you sorely lack creativity. But then what would I expect any different from a hick who has never stepped a foot out of a trailer park.

tholdren
09-19-2015, 01:24 PM
What a degenerate tool. If you can't phantom enjoying life without a 100k salary, a suburban house, 2 cars, 2.5 kids, a dog, and of course, your little white picket fence then you sorely lack creativity. But then what would I expect any different from a hick who has never stepped a foot out of a trailer park.
I know why you failed out of med school....

SnakeBoy
09-19-2015, 01:50 PM

you can't phantom why.

Kawhitstorm
09-19-2015, 01:56 PM

Yeah b/c Med school is a spelling bee boot camp. Shame on me for misspelling a word that I probably never had to spell once in my life with English being my 3rd language. You clearly understood what I meant to spell but you're too petty to chalk it up as a misspelling & keep it moving. You're either a snobbish 15 year old or a bitter 45 yr old.

apalisoc_9
09-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Yeah b/c Med school is a spelling bee boot camp. Shame on me for misspelling a word that I probably never had to spell once in my life with English being my 3rd language. You clearly understood what I meant to spell but you're too petty to chalk it up as a misspelling & keep it moving. You're either a snobbish 15 year old or a bitter 45 yr old.

What's your plan now? You probably will still bank upwards of 70k a year anyway..Depending on where you live, that's still a lot of money.

Kawhitstorm
09-19-2015, 02:02 PM
What's your plan now? You probably will still bank upwards of 70k a year anyway..Depending on where you live, that's still a lot of money.

I'm going to get a license & work in a clinical lab. Plenty of job openings all over the country & won't have more than 10K in student loans. Could make close to 100K w/ overtime & as someone who isn't married or has kids making over 75k means handing a bunch of money to Uncle Sam so I'm cool taking it easy & banking 75K. I also have the option of opening a lab back home in Africa & living like a kings by the time I'm 50.

apalisoc_9
09-19-2015, 02:05 PM
I'm going to get a license & work in a clinical lab. Plenty of job openings all over the country & won't have more than 10K in student loans. Could make close to 100K w/ overtime & as someone who isn't married or has kids making over 75k means handing a bunch of money to Uncle Sam so I'm cool taking it easy & banking 75K.

yeah, sounds like a good plan IMO..Even better is if you live in a cheap ass city, IMO..Do you party a lot, go out a lot?

If you're in your early 20's to mid 20's, it's probably the best time to save or invest...

I'd take the next two years just saving money or investing..IMO.

Kawhitstorm
09-19-2015, 02:11 PM
yeah, sounds like a good plan IMO..Even better is if you live in a cheap ass city, IMO..Do you party a lot, go out a lot?

If you're in your early 20's to mid 20's, it's probably the best time to save or invest...

I'd take the next two years just saving money or investing..IMO.

I'm in my mid 20s & live in LA, I never cared about partying although I went one of the biggest party school in the country (UC-Santa Barbara). I'm also a decent cook so that saves me a lot of money. In any case, I'm an outdoors type person so I'm most likely going to stay in SoCal b/c I absolutely hate HOT or Cold weather. I do save but I don't play the markets (I'm not a gambling man), I used to work at UCLA & they had a pretty good pension system so I'll probably look into a state/gov't job.

Spurtacular
09-19-2015, 02:46 PM
I'm in my mid 20s & live in LA, I never cared about partying although I went one of the biggest party school in the country (UC-Santa Barbara). I'm also a decent cook so that saves me a lot of money. In any case, I'm an outdoors type person so I'm most likely going to stay in SoCal b/c I absolutely hate HOT or Cold weather. I do save but I don't play the markets (I'm not a gambling man), I used to work at UCLA & they had a pretty good pension system so I'll probably look into a state/gov't job.

Yea, you'd make a good leach; you're already are uppity bitch about anyone who challenges the system too.

Kawhitstorm
09-19-2015, 03:00 PM
Yea, you'd make a good leach; you're already are uppity bitch about anyone who challenges the system too.

I appreciate it.

tholdren
09-20-2015, 08:37 AM

maybe you should quit life and blame phonics or the English language, citing communication requires too much memorization, rather than accepting responsibility that your vocabulary is lacking, and may have been influential in your "decision" to not go through with med-school. I for one commend you. I prefer that my doctor can spell and communicate correctly. Enjoy the free internet.

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 02:10 PM
maybe you should quit life and blame phonics or the English language, citing communication requires too much memorization, rather than accepting responsibility that your vocabulary is lacking, and may have been influential in your "decision" to not go through with med-school. I for one commend you. I prefer that my doctor can spell and communicate correctly. Enjoy the free internet.

I for one have a other interests than most tools in med school who would commit suicide if they didn't have a two letter initial at the end of their name. Maybe you should step outside your bubble & explore the world but then you are bitter 45 year old who wouldn't gain acceptance into med school if your life depended on it. Maybe you should get a life rather than trollin on the internet while hiding behind a screen. Your opinion amounts a the hot pile of shit & I suggest you get creative w/ your trollin if you are going to make it a career b/c it was pretty lame. Try harder.

tholdren
09-20-2015, 02:58 PM
I for one have a other interests than most tools in med school who would commit suicide if they didn't have a two letter initial at the end of their name. Maybe you should step outside your bubble & explore the world but then you are bitter 45 year old who wouldn't gain acceptance into med school if your life depended on it. Maybe you should get a life rather than trollin on the internet while hiding behind a screen. Your opinion amounts a the hot pile of shit & I suggest you get creative w/ your trollin if you are going to make it a career b/c it was pretty lame. Try harder.

Interesting to see you keep replying.

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 03:16 PM
Interesting to see you keep replying.

Interesting to see you had no response....everything I inferred about you must have been right & it crushed your soul now you're trying to put an end to it. Bye!

DMC
09-20-2015, 09:58 PM
When registration reopened, the D list posters saw an opportunity to start anew, and true to D list style, they start at the D list material.