PDA

View Full Version : Rubio softens his tone on refugees...

JoeChalupa
09-09-2015, 10:06 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/08/politics/refugees-2016-reactions-marco-rubio/index.html

North Charleston, South Carolina (CNN)—Sen. Marco Rubio struck a compassionate tone when he was questioned about the refugee crisis currently playing out across Europe, saying he's open to allowing some of those who are fleeing into the U.S.

During a town hall Monday night in North Charleston, Rubio answered a question from CNN about how he would handle the current exodus of mostly Syrian refugees flooding out of the Middle East and into Europe.

"First of all, ultimately the blame belongs to ISIS and all the other radical groups who are destabilizing the region," he said. Rubio said that as a senator he's been warning of this type of deterioration in the region for the past two and a half to three years since the Assad regime turned on its own people.

But then Rubio's answer shifted towards a more inclusive approach to the situation, pointedly saying that under a Rubio administration, "We would be potentially open to the relocation of some of these individuals at some point in time to the United States."

Rubio isn't the only 2016er talking about refugees. When asked about whether he'd accept refugees real estate mogul Donald Trump said last week, he'd "possibly" let them into the country.

Last Thursday, Rubio told Greta Van Susteren on Fox News, "This administration did nothing. They moved very slowly to arm and equip those groups, and as a result the moderate rebels were destroyed."

His tone was decidedly more compassionate, however, Monday. The son of immigrants, Rubio proudly recounts his family's ascent into the middle class, routinely calling it the American dream.

He followed that comment by saying he worries about some of these refugees may have ulterior motives. "We'd always be concerned that within the overwhelming number of the people seeking refugee, someone with a terrorist background could also sneak in."

~Rubio has no chance at the nomination but he is putting himself in place for his turn in the future as the GOP always does.

hater
09-09-2015, 10:10 AM
"First of all, ultimately the blame belongs to ISIS and all the other radical groups who are destabilizing the region,"

doesn't this stupid piece of shit know that US/Saudi formed, trained, armed and founded most of these groups???

stupid ass

boutons_deux
09-09-2015, 10:11 AM
"ultimately the blame belongs to ISIS and all the other radical groups who are destabilizing the region"

:lol what a willful dumbfuck. ISIS arose directly from the Repug destabilization of M/E for BigOil profits.

m>s
09-09-2015, 11:13 AM
It's funny to watch things play out. The other day some White House correspondent stated we were going to start taking refugees. American posters were in complete denial but apparently all of the foreign posters had already heard about it. Now today they are firing up the propaganda machine and getting the politicians to speak out. U.S. Taking these people was already predetermined, this so called democracy is a delusion. America hates mudshits and they know it will be wildly unpopular. They just don't care anymore they've lost all touch with reality and the common man.

m>s
09-09-2015, 12:14 PM
most of them males look fit to enlist, pos

true, deserters should be shot on sight

baseline bum
09-09-2015, 12:17 PM
What the fuck, even the far right want to let these motherfuckers in now? That was the one issue I figured I'd be in 100% agreement with the Republicans, I don't want any of them here.

JoeChalupa
09-09-2015, 12:22 PM
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

JoeChalupa
09-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Have we all forgotten what Lady Liberty stands for!!!!!??

baseline bum
09-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Have we all forgotten what Lady Liberty stands for!!!!!??

Bitch stood for slavery when she came here.

m>s
09-09-2015, 12:55 PM
What the fuck, even the far right want to let these motherfuckers in now? That was the one issue I figured I'd be in 100% agreement with the Republicans, I don't want any of them here.
>republican
>far right

more like cuckservative I said