PDA

View Full Version : Going overseas or hoping to go(next year)

Jacob1983
09-11-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm finally preparing my exit out of the shithole that is retail. I can't wait to leave Target and retail and never come back. It's been a long time coming but I am ready to be free. I'm ready to get my nights and weekends back. I crammed my brains out from March to August and got a TEFL certificate to teach English in a foreign country. I know the pay isn't that great but I really want to travel and escape from North Texas for a year or two. I figure international experience looks good on a resume. Just hoping to do it sometime next year. Now I have to save up some money, fix up my resume, and work on interviewing skills. My top preferences are Asia and South America.

Bender
09-11-2015, 06:47 PM
I'd prefer being in south america or central america.... but that's me...

Infinite_limit
09-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Teach English in Central/Eastern Europe. Something like Slovakia or Estonia

Find a gorgeous obedient native and have a loving European family. Never think of ghetto USA again

Dirk Oneanddoneski
09-11-2015, 07:16 PM

Find a gorgeous obedient native and have a loving European family. Never think of ghetto USA again

This

Mark Celibate
09-11-2015, 07:20 PM
I'd prefer Asia if I were you. Asians all share the obsession with whiteness you'd be treated like a King here imho.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
09-11-2015, 07:26 PM

This

Jacob1983
09-11-2015, 10:58 PM
I'd like to go to China or South Korea. I want to be some place in which I can walk and use public transportation. I hate driving a car everywhere and being in constructionville aka North Texas.

Reck
09-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Did you ever move up in the chain? Or did you stay at sales forever?

Jacob1983
09-11-2015, 11:26 PM
Hahaha! No. I work in the shitty warehouse of the store. I pull merchandise off the shelves in the back and also pull shit off the floor when a lazy fat fuck orders something online and wants to pick it up at the front of the store. Tons of walking, carrying, and pushing.

baseline bum
09-11-2015, 11:45 PM
I have a couple of friends who went and taught English in Japan after college and fucking loved it. Japanese bitches love white men and anyone with a college degree can get the job.

baseline bum
09-11-2015, 11:54 PM
I'd prefer Asia if I were you. Asians all share the obsession with whiteness you'd be treated like a King here imho.

I wouldn't say all Asians. Japanese and Thai women just seem to throw themselves at white men. On the other hand I never saw that with Korean or Chinese women, back in college most Korean women I knew hooked up with Korean guys and Chinese women hooked up with Chinese guys.

Capt Bringdown
09-12-2015, 12:03 AM
I figure international experience looks good on a resume.

It sounds like you've got a plan, but I wouldn't count on anyone being impressed by international experience. The value of international experience depends on your field. I taught English overseas for 11 years and that experience didn't help me much in finding a teaching job stateside. Teaching English overseas is not a solid long-term plan, imo, unless you're planning to get into the international school or DOD arena. And that's going to require more than a TEFL cert. However, if you learn a marketable foreign language, you could parlay that into something outside of teaching.

But the short term benefits are tremendous. Namely getting out the states, especially Texas. You'll be changed forever. The best experience of my life. Good luck.

Biernutz
09-12-2015, 12:15 AM
Have you thought about south Texas or LA. not much English is spoken there..:lol

Jacob1983
09-12-2015, 12:52 AM
South Texas or Los Angeles? Fuck no. I'm mainly doing it for the experience. I'm single and have no brats so why not. Besides I don't want to be one of those old townies that never went anywhere. I don't know anyone that's ever lived in China or even been to China so it would be neat to tell stories about living in China. I would think that chicks would dig that stuff too.

DJR210
09-12-2015, 01:47 AM
:lol striking out at pussy so many times in America gonna go try a fresh start in Asia

Jacob1983
09-12-2015, 02:11 AM
YOLO

man on wire
09-12-2015, 03:37 AM

Bullshit. Asian women don't want another small dick. They love black men. Good luck.

Mark Celibate
09-12-2015, 09:13 AM
South Texas or Los Angeles? Fuck no. I'm mainly doing it for the experience. I'm single and have no brats so why not. Besides I don't want to be one of those old townies that never went anywhere. I don't know anyone that's ever lived in China or even been to China so it would be neat to tell stories about living in China. I would think that chicks would dig that stuff too.
If you want some advice about life in China how could you manage to miss out your friend Mark Celibate, tbh? Being single is great no matter where you live. Marrying a woman in China may be even more expensive than marrying three in America, and it'd sound even more ridiculous when considering the huge gap between the average incomes of these two countries. Just have fun and try to score as many bitches as you can without marrying anyone of them, as a compensation for the lonely virgin life that you've lived for 32yrs. Marriage is just too expensive in China, even if the English teaching job pays fairly good.

China is a shithold place to live in, to be brutally honest, but the fact that you're white would give you all kinds of prerogatives and the sense of superiority that you can't get anywhere else. South Korea sounds like a good destination too, if you don't mind eating pickles all three meals of the day. Japan may be the best choice for you imho, they revere white people just like all Asians do and Japan is one of the few developed countries in Asia so you wouldn't see any downgrade in life quality there compared to the US, and Japanese bitches are much more kind and obedient than their Korean and Chinese counterparts.

G.Q.
09-12-2015, 09:40 AM
I spent 2 years in China on Dell's dime and loved it. Kids learned Chinese fluently. Been back about 8 months and miss it but nothing like being home.

DD
09-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Good to hear, dude. As CB alluded to, parlay this into DOD gig and you'll be raking in the $

Jacob1983
09-12-2015, 10:52 PM
Well Im not an expert but I've been reading up on China and have see the good and the bad. Shenzhen is where I'd like to go. Beijing is horribly polluted and I've Shanghai is too international. I've also seen pics of Changsha, Chongqing, and Xiamen and yuck pollution gallore. Some of the rivers look like poop water and of course the lovely algae on the water. And there are signs to tell people not to shit in public. But some good like the transportation and food. I'd much rather walk and take a train than drive a damn car. I'd probably lose some weight over there with all the walking and not eating fatty fat fatty Murican food.

Mark Celibate
09-13-2015, 05:48 AM
Shenzhen is one of the most westernized cities in China imho, I mean if you really want a completely different lifestyle you may as well think about other options, and Shenzhen's real estate price has skyrocketed in recent months.

TrainOfThought5
09-13-2015, 07:07 AM
:lol striking out at pussy so many times in America gonna go try a fresh start in Asia

Basically LOL

DJR210
09-13-2015, 10:23 AM
OP gon be dead in 4 months of breathing that Chinese air. Just kill yourself here IMO

Jacob1983
09-13-2015, 09:02 PM
If not Shenzhen then where in China? Chengdu, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Tianjin, etc... And what's wrong with Asian women? They love white men. A white man and Asian woman is the most common interracial pairing in America.

DMC
09-13-2015, 09:05 PM
There are some beautiful Asian women but goddamn there are some butt fucking ugly ones too. I saw one with enough space between her eyes you could rest your head there.

Spur-Addict
09-13-2015, 09:21 PM
:lol

Jacob1983
09-13-2015, 10:15 PM
Every race has hot and ugly women.

JoeChalupa
09-14-2015, 05:24 AM
Good luck.

tlongII
09-14-2015, 08:10 AM
Shanghai. I've been there a couple of times. Very impressive city.

Pick of Destiny
09-14-2015, 08:44 AM
Why not just put your skills to work in the good ole USA!?

Das Texan
09-14-2015, 01:19 PM
good, get your faggoty ass out of here.

Jacob1983
09-14-2015, 02:01 PM
You gonna buy my plane ticket for me?

Jacob1983
05-27-2016, 01:28 AM
Finally an update: I have actually gotten serious about this and I plan on doing some English teaching volunteer work in China in the spring of 2017. I have been saving up all year. If you would like to donate or share my Gofundme campaign on Facebook or Twitter, let me know I will PM you the link or post it here.

Gummi Clutch
05-27-2016, 01:56 AM
Finally an update: I have actually gotten serious about this and I plan on doing some English teaching volunteer work in China in the spring of 2017. I have been saving up all year. If you would like to donate or share my Gofundme campaign on Facebook or Twitter, let me know I will PM you the link or post it here.
omg you're that bitch everybody used to take a shit on :lmao

This post falls in line with it :lol

Cosmored finally found a bigger bitch than you

Gummi Clutch
05-27-2016, 01:57 AM
bend over and I'll show you a fund me :lol

Thread

Mitch
05-27-2016, 02:04 AM
Raising money online for going overseas only works if you have tits, tbh

baseline bum
05-28-2016, 07:26 AM
Raising money online for going overseas only works if you have tits, tbh

Why do you assume Jacob doesn't?

Will Hunting
05-28-2016, 09:48 AM
omg you're that bitch everybody used to take a shit on :lmao

This post falls in line with it :lol

Cosmored (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18886) finally found a bigger bitch than you

Maybe Jacob has actually been getting shat on here for years here to make a fraudulent gofundme campaign more believable :lmao

Mitch
05-28-2016, 12:45 PM
Why do you assume Jacob doesn't?

Female tits to be specific

Capt Bringdown
05-29-2016, 02:23 PM
Finally an update: I have actually gotten serious about this and I plan on doing some English teaching volunteer work in China in the spring of 2017.

Question: Why not use the money that you've saved up and get a TEFL cert? Then you would could a teaching job that pays.

baseline bum
05-29-2016, 02:59 PM
Do they have Target in China?

Gummi Clutch
05-29-2016, 03:49 PM
y

Will Hunting
05-30-2016, 06:46 PM

Pretty sure China nowhas ever shitty fast food restaurant/retail store also found in 'Murica, which is largely why the country has gotten so fat. They supposedly love KFC like no other in China.

baseline bum
05-30-2016, 06:51 PM
Pretty sure China nowhas ever shitty fast food restaurant/retail store also found in 'Murica, which is largely why the country has gotten so fat. They supposedly love KFC like no other in China.

At least they don't reserve KFC months in advance for Christmas like the Japs do.

Will Hunting
05-30-2016, 07:00 PM
At least they don't reserve KFC months in advance for Christmas like the Japs do.

:lol they probably do too but I had no idea the Japs also loved KFC

baseline bum
05-30-2016, 07:21 PM
:lol they probably do too but I had no idea the Japs also loved KFC

They wait in line for hours for that shit on Christmas :lol

Wild Cobra
05-30-2016, 08:00 PM

Someplace like China would probably be a cheaper place to go, as for your living costs. Make sure you save money for a flight back in case things don't go well, or buy an open two way ticket.

Don't want to get stuck someplace you might end up doing slave labor wages...