PDA

View Full Version : Former Spur ringchaser Moses Malone dies

SuperCam
09-13-2015, 09:36 AM
http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Cards/Basketball/2289/2289-681414Fr.jpg

Rest in Peace :toast

exstatic
09-13-2015, 09:46 AM
He was a Spur in 94-95. That would hardly be ring chasing.

boutons_deux
09-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Does pro football and basketball destroy players' health and/or shorten players' lives?

fusionjazzman72
09-13-2015, 11:04 AM
http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Cards/Basketball/2289/2289-681414Fr.jpg

Rest in Peace :toast

He hit the longest shot in Spurs History.

loveforthegame
09-13-2015, 11:11 AM
RIP.

Too many dying young.

Harry Callahan
09-13-2015, 11:14 AM
Sad. He was a great player. Relentless.

I got to see him play in person with the Rockets vs the Spurs.

barbacoataco
09-13-2015, 11:15 AM
One of the all time greats and somewhat underrated, he did it all for years and had a lot of success including 3 MVP awards.

As far as pro athletes dying young, it supports the my belief that they have been full of chemicals, doping for years and it has long term health effects. Steroids have been widespread since at least the 70's and I think nearly all pro athletes today are juicing.

BillMc
09-13-2015, 11:21 AM
One of the all time greats and somewhat underrated, he did it all for years and had a lot of success including 3 MVP awards.

Moses was a favorite of mine. I agree he is underrated. For some reason when great centers are mentioned his name is often omitted. He was as good as Hakeem and maybe Shaq. Truthfully, he was probably better than David too.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2015, 11:34 AM
Dude already had a ring when he became a Spur.

And a Finals MVP.

Lame thread title.

exstatic
09-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Does pro football and basketball destroy players' health and/or shorten players' lives?

Pro football destroys players brains, shortening their lives. Pro basketball players are just tall, and statistically, taller people die younger. Their hearts have to work harder to circulate blood longer distances.

Kawhitstorm
09-13-2015, 12:14 PM
Pro football destroys players brains, shortening their lives. Pro basketball players are just tall, and statistically, taller people die younger. Their hearts have to work harder to circulate blood longer distances.

They have the giraffe syndrome thus their hearts get overworked much more than your average person.

fusionjazzman72
09-13-2015, 12:43 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kvPCLpABrwU

Longest Shot In Spurs History!

RD2191
09-13-2015, 01:09 PM
OP is a faggot.

mudyez
09-13-2015, 01:29 PM
We will remember you FO FO FO forever!

SuperCam
09-13-2015, 01:31 PM

And a Finals MVP.

Lame thread title.

Ray allen had a ring too

Kawhitstorm
09-13-2015, 01:35 PM
Ray allen had a ring too

Moses Malone punked Kareem like no other center.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Ray Allen was a Finals MVP?

Mr. Body
09-13-2015, 01:41 PM
Isn't Malone the one who famously said Fo, Fo, Fo and then nearly swept the playoffs in 1983?

Isn't the OP a total schmucky moron?

SuperCam
09-13-2015, 01:50 PM
Isn't Malone the one who famously said Fo, Fo, Fo and then nearly swept the playoffs in 1983?

Isn't the OP a total schmucky moron?

I know he was an all time great. Better than the Admiral. But by his Spurs career he was washed up

Beaverfuzz
09-13-2015, 02:50 PM
OP is a faggot.

DING! FUCK YOU OP!

SPURt
09-13-2015, 03:07 PM
RIP Moses Malone, may the OP's schtick be not far behind

UNT Eagles 2016
09-13-2015, 05:05 PM

As far as pro athletes dying young, it supports the my belief that they have been full of chemicals, doping for years and it has long term health effects. Steroids have been widespread since at least the 70's and I think nearly all pro athletes today are juicing.
Besides height and steroids, many pro athletes take retirement way too seriously. They might play golf and travel the world the first year or so after retirement before spending the rest of their days on a a reclined sofa watching TV and eating popcorn, pizza, fried chicken, potato chips, peanuts, and drinking booze -- all at the same time. That lifestyle really does a quick number on your heart no matter who you are.

Spurtacular
09-13-2015, 05:48 PM

Been a lot of former NBA players dying in their 50's lately. I don't think it's the ball; I think it's too many cheeseburgers and boos.

Sean Cagney
09-13-2015, 07:07 PM

And a Finals MVP.

Lame thread title.^^^ This, plus this was 95 not 05 for Gods sakes. Nobody expected the Spurs to win titles in the 90's.

picnroll
09-13-2015, 09:11 PM
OP never saw Maline play or he'd know he embarrased himself with his thread title.

Frank Dux
09-14-2015, 02:38 PM
Besides height and steroids, many pro athletes take retirement way too seriously. They might play golf and travel the world the first year or so after retirement before spending the rest of their days on a a reclined sofa watching TV and eating popcorn, pizza, fried chicken, potato chips, peanuts, and drinking booze -- all at the same time. That lifestyle really does a quick number on your heart no matter who you are.

Some guys don't wait until retirement to eat like that (i.e. Zach Randolph's legendary diet early in his career). And diet wasn't as heavily scrutinized during the 70's and 80's as it is today. Pure speculation, but I could imagination a hoss like Malone not keeping the cleanest diet.

I also don't doubt that guys from that era may have been juicing, but I agree with you that you can't look at the guys from that era who die in their 50's and 60's and simply assume it's gotta be the juice that's doing them in.

What's interesting is that there are a lot of bodybuilders from the 60's, 70's and even from the 80's (to a lesser extent ) who are still alive. So many have come out and admitted to juicing. I've heard guys from those eras talk about the typical dosage from then compared to today. Fast forward just one decade to the 90's, when the size of bodybuilders exploded, and there's already a trail of dead bodies with exploded hearts.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Ring chaser....that's funny, because it's so dumb.

Malone was one of the most dominant players in the game when he was in his prime and was probably the key piece (he and Dr. J) to Philly's title in 1983. Malone was just winding down his career here. He admired the Admiral a lot, and I think enjoyed working with him and being on the Spurs team.

Frank Dux
09-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Ring chaser....that's funny, because it's so dumb.

Malone was one of the most dominant players in the game when he was in his prime and was probably the key piece (he and Dr. J) to Philly's title in 1983. Malone was just winding down his career here. He admired the Admiral a lot, and I think enjoyed working with him and being on the Spurs team.

Yeah, and I think sometimes people forget that after they retire from the court, the big paydays for players are over. It's not difficult to see why it might be appealing to some over-the-hill, former star players to ride pine on a good team and make another cool million before calling it a career.

cjw
09-15-2015, 08:12 PM

And a Finals MVP.

Lame thread title.

Exactly. Arguably had second best prime of any player to suit up for Spurs (or third behind Admiral).

Also, Karl Malone now gets to be the greatest living player with his last name. Now THAT'S a ring chaser.

daslicer
09-15-2015, 11:49 PM
He wasn't a ring chaser he was washed up when he signed with the Spurs. The spurs brought him in for his veteran leadership and locker room influence.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
09-16-2015, 07:40 AM
Ringchaser. DUDE EDUCATE YOURSELF.

Seriously, Malone won a Championship with Irving, Dawkins, etc in 1983 where he WAS THE FINALS MVP.

Posts like this just shows how dumb and ignorant America's youth are. Shit, I was just a baby during this time and I still know about this.

spursistan
09-16-2015, 10:30 AM
how crass of OP to define somebody who just died as "ring chaser" :(

lefty
09-16-2015, 01:00 PM
Seriously, Malone won a Championship with Irving,

He hasn't lost step since they won in 83

http://basketballbicker.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/kyrieirving-uncle.jpg

BatManu20
09-16-2015, 02:39 PM
"Ring chaser." Fuck off.

RIP Moses.

wildbill2u
09-16-2015, 03:22 PM
The amount of disrespect from absolutely clueless posters that is shown on this site for legends of the game, who they were probably too young to ever have the privilege to watch, is beyond dumb. It's disgraceful.