PDA

View Full Version : 76ers: 2015 Daily fantasy sports = 2003 poker

InRareForm
09-13-2015, 11:46 AM
More and more people getting hooked. Including me.

Anyone else on it?

Splits
09-13-2015, 04:20 PM
Good analogy. I do Fanduel NBA but not NFL. I did notice they took over the Fox set with advertisements and Fox is showing the highest point totals for each position during commentary. Extremely smart strategy by them, I'd like to take a look at their P&L and marketing budget. For some reason these types of companies have trouble being profitable.

InRareForm
09-13-2015, 05:17 PM
It's incredible the amount of ads they are doing ... I can see why they aren't profitable yet

Holden_Caulfield
09-14-2015, 12:19 AM
i did the math on the 10 mill nfl tourney on draftking today and the profit was about 500k... :wow

this shit is more fun than poker, i hate sitting for 5+ hours just to finish a poker tourney :lol

Seventyniner
09-14-2015, 09:10 AM
It's an extremely apt analogy. Both involve luck and skill, but poker is deemed a game of chance and daily fantasy sports is deemed a game of skill. I can't for the life of me see why one is legal and the other isn't.

Splits
09-14-2015, 05:29 PM
Analogy does break down when it comes to public entertainment value, though. I don't think we're going to see many FanDuel tournaments scheduled in Vegas and broadcast on ESPN3 every night.

K...
09-14-2015, 06:09 PM
Who is ready for some CONGRESSIONAL HEARINGS! ON FANTASY BETTING!

K...
09-16-2015, 11:37 AM
While any player might get lucky on the back of a handful of entries, over time nearly all of the prize money flows to a tiny elite equipped with elaborate statistical modeling and automated tools that can manage hundreds of entries at once and identify the weakest opponent"

InRareForm
09-16-2015, 12:28 PM
While any player might get lucky on the back of a handful of entries, over time nearly all of the prize money flows to a tiny elite equipped with elaborate statistical modeling and automated tools that can manage hundreds of entries at once and identify the weakest opponent"

Lot of the top 10 finishers only had a few entries in the millionare maker fyi

While I do agree, the fds pros will win long term, the average Joe is just buying a lotto ticket, but many people don't cry when they lose with lotto . It's just how long will this sustain with this model with keeping the sharks engaged and the fish to keep depositing. They need both

Seventyniner
09-16-2015, 12:41 PM

The same was true of online poker. This is why I liked to play at Bodog/Bovada even before PokerStars, Full Tilt etc were kicked out of the US. Bovada has no screen names so nobody can build a database of your hands.

K...
09-16-2015, 04:29 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-10/you-aren-t-good-enough-to-win-money-playing-daily-fantasy-football?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000022

That's my source. Pretty cool article. Basically fantasy sports took off because of online poker being shut down. So yeah all the hardcore poker sharks are now into football and baseball.

Baseline21
09-16-2015, 06:50 PM
Fanduel and draft kings are awesome and fun to play. NFL and NBA are the ones I like to play and do pretty good. The other sports are very hard to pick a winning team. If anyone out there that has the anactaylics out there for the system on how to pick by match ups,teams and players? I would truly appreciate.

lefty
09-16-2015, 10:01 PM
still more action than beisbol

InRareForm
09-16-2015, 11:26 PM
i don't know shit about baseball but I am kind of a degen and just took vegas line favorite pitchers and picked value with choosing my 2 pitchers.

min cashed 2 of my lineups in the GPP tourneys lol today.

I can't wait for basketball tbh...