PDA

View Full Version : Parker Interview after game against Turkey - Dat leadership tbh..

Brazil
09-14-2015, 09:40 AM
I don't have time to translate all today but will translate key stuff

«Le fait que l'équipe soit capable de gagner comme cela sans que vous ayez besoin de marquer vingt points, qu'en pensez-vous?
Cest très bon signe. Mieux l'équipe joue, mieux c'est pour moi. C'est à moi de savoir m'effacer et de laisser mes coéquipiers jouer. La balance, que ce soit avec les Spurs ou avec l'équipe de France, c'est de ne pas forcer quand l'équipe joue bien. Les défenses sont concentrées sur moi, (contre la Turquie) ils font prise à deux sur moi sur les trois premières actions et Nando (de Colo) est tout seul à trois points. L'équipe de France gagne (il appuie ses mots), c'est ça le plus important, pas que je joue bien. Si Joffrey(Lauvergne) et Nando sont les joueurs en forme en ce moment, il faut continuer à jouer sur eux. S'ils ont un coup de moins bien, ça reviendra peut-être sur moi, sur Boris (Diaw)ou sur Nico (Batum). C'est ça une équipe, on aura besoin de tout le monde, tout le monde aura son moment. Je suis bien placé pour le savoir, quand on a gagné le titre avec les Spurs en 2014, tout le monde avait bien joué. Là c'est encore long, il reste trois matches à gagner.

Vous vous sentez capable de sortir un gros match dans les jours à venir ?
Je ne réfléchis pas comme ça, je réfléchis à ce que j'ai besoin de faire pour l'équipe. Si on est à ''+20'' comme lors des deux derniers matches, Israël et Lettonie (en fait la Turquie... Ndlr) , je ne vais pas forcer. Après on verra comment se passe le match, si Nando et Joffrey continuent à jouer comme ça et que les défenses ferment toujours sur moi, il faudra que je sois intelligent et que je trouve les joueurs ouverts.

C'est une évolution dans votre rapport à l'équipe de France ?
J'ai déjà commencé à San Antonio avec Kawhi Leonard, qui a pris de l'ampleur dans notre équipe, avec Danny Green aussi. J'ai eu beaucoup de discussions avec Pop (Gregg Popovich, l'entraîneur des Spurs), il faut savoir s'effacer quand tous les coéquipiers jouent bien et je savais que ce moment arriverait en équipe de France, c'était obligé. Ca fait quinze ans que je suis là, à un moment il faut savoir passer la relève et j'ai toujours dit que je serai prêt à ne pas être égoïste, à laisser les autres prendre du volume. En ce moment c'est ce que fait Nando et il faut qu'il continue comme ça. Pour moi c'est logique, il ne faut pas s'inquiéter, tout va bien avec moi (il éclate de rire). C'est mon dernier Euro, je prends beaucoup de plaisir. Ce n'est que du bonus et je ne suis pas là à essayer de marquer trente points par match. Je suis déjà meilleur marqueur de l'Euro donc pour moi ça ne change rien.

Qu'avez-vous pensé au moment où le public a scandé votre prénom samedi soir ?
C'était fort. Je glisse et tout le public crie. L'ambiance était énorme, on sent qu'ils ont vraiment envie de nous voir réussir. Ça nous donne encore plus d'énergie pour ne pas les décevoir et je pense qu'hier on ne les a pas déçus (http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/Actualites/Les-bleus-ont-repondu-present-face-a-la-turquie-76-53-et-sont-en-quarts-de-finale-de-l-euro/589968) avec cette grosse victoire. A nous de continuer à rester concentrés, à gagner les trois matches qui nous restent. Ça commence par la Lettonie mardi.»

Quote of Bobo about TP after this game:

«C'est la rançon de la gloire. Tony est le meilleur marqueur de l'histoire de l'Euro, les équipes adverses se concentrent sur lui, ça laisse des opportunités aux autres. On n'est pas le genre de profil d'équipe avec un mec à 30 points par match, un autre à 25 et le reste à faire des écrans.»

hater
09-14-2015, 09:41 AM
He's the heart and soul of that frrance team. They will follow him to the death.

Brazil
09-14-2015, 09:51 AM
- What do you think about the fact team is capable to win without needing you to score 20 points ?

....It's up to me to let my teammates play. Balance with Spurs and FNT is to not try to do too much when team is playing well... Most important is that the team win... We need everybody, everybody will have his moments...

- Do you feel you can have a big game in next days ?

I don't think like that, I think about what is good for the team.... I need to play smart and find open teammate...

- Is that an evolution with FNT ?

I already started with San Antonio with Kawhi Leonard who has a bigger role now, with Danny Green :wow too. I discussed a lot with Pop, you have to accept to be a role player when the team is playing well... I've always said I won't be selfish, I will let others flourish... For me it is logical, everything is fine with me... It's my last Euro, I take a lot of pleasure... I'm not here to score 30 per game...

- What did you feel when the crowd yelled your name saturday night ?

It was big...

Bobo quote: ... Tony is the biggest scorer of the Euro, opponents focus on him, it let opportunities for the others....

09-14-2015, 10:00 AM
:wow :worthy:

Fireball
09-14-2015, 10:31 AM
Good stuff. The problem will come when the FNT faces adversity in an elimination game? If they need points, we know he will think he has to be the guy to deliver them. But judging from his Eurobasket play up to that point this will be difficult (Nando looks way more efficient IMO).

Parkers evolution with the Spurs will be complete if he lets LMA and Kawhi take over in crunch time. I hope he will be healthy and be the exact leader from that interview in the upcoming NBA season.

hater
09-14-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm pretty sure parker let Kawhi take over last playoffs vs clippers. Matt Barnes had other plans...

RD2191
09-14-2015, 11:13 AM
I'm pretty sure Parker got outplayed by Austin Rivers. Was that part of his plan also?

kobyz
09-14-2015, 11:15 AM
I'm pretty sure Parker got outplayed by Austin Rivers. Was that part of his plan also?

Parker barley play against Austin, it was Patty who Austin gave fits to...

SuperCam
09-14-2015, 11:30 AM
Heart of a lion :tu

Not interested in me-first awards like certain team betas, tbh

apalisoc_9
09-14-2015, 11:49 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/130/bagdad-bob.gif

Ignignokt
09-14-2015, 11:55 AM

Go back to loitering and picking up johns near the liquour store, Ling Ling.

ElNono
09-14-2015, 12:29 PM
The fact that the team is able to win like this without you needing to score twenty points, what do you think?

This is a good sign. The better the team plays, the better for me. It's clear to me I have to let my teammates play. The ideal balance, whether with the Spurs or Team France is not to force things when the team plays well.
The defenses are focused on me (against Turkey) they send a double teams to me on the first three plays and Nando (Colo) hits the three pointer. Team France winning (he presses his words), that's the most important, not that I play well.
If Joffrey (Lauvergne) and Nando are the best players in this moment, we must continue to play through them. If they have a bad shooting night, it may come back to me, Boris (Diaw) or Nico (Batum). That's a team, we will need everyone, everyone will have their moment. I know, when we won the title with the Spurs in 2014, everyone played well. This is a long tournament, there's still 3 games to win.

Do you feel like you can pull out a big game in the next few days?

I do not think like that, I think about what I need to do for the team. If one of my teammates scores 20 as in the last two matches, Israel and Latvia (in fact Turkey ... Editor's note), I will not force it. Then we'll see how the game goes, and if Nando and Joffrey continue to play like that and defenses always close on me, I'll have to be smart and find open players.

It's this an evolution for you as part of Team France?

I have already started in San Antonio with Kawhi Leonard, who has grown in our team, with Danny Green as well. I have had many discussions with Pop (Gregg Popovich, Spurs coach), you have to get out of the way when all your teammates play well and I knew this moment would come for France, it's something we had to do. It's been fifteen years since I'm here, at some point you have to know to pass and I have always said I am ready not to be selfish, to let others take the bulk of the shots. Right now this is what we must let Nando do as long as he continues playing like that. For me it makes sense, I don't worry, all is well with me (he laughs). It's my last Euro, I'm enjoying the moment. Being here is a bonus and I'm not here to try to score thirty points per game. I am already leading scorer of the Euro so for me it does not matter.

What did you think when the audience chanted your name Saturday night?

It was terrific. The entire crowd screams. The atmosphere was great, we feel they really want to see us succeed. It gives us even more energy to not disappoint them and I think yesterday we did not disappoint them with this big win. We have to continue to stay focused, to win the three matches we have left. It starts with Latvia Tuesday.

Quote of Bobo about TP's game:

It's the price of fame. Tony is the best scorer of the Euro, opposing teams focus on him, that leaves opportunities for others. We're not the kind of team with one guy scoring 30 points per game, and another 25, while the rest run screens."

dabom
09-14-2015, 01:28 PM
I remember porker saying the same shit last year then going chuck mode in Louisiana.lmao.

jsandiego
09-14-2015, 01:30 PM
So boiled down:

If he doesn't get others involved, he's a selfish chucker.
If he gets others involved and sacrifices stats, but we still lose, he "got outplayed by [insert PG here]."

Just looking for clarity. Thanks.

apalisoc_9
09-14-2015, 01:31 PM
I remember porker saying the same shit last year then going chuck mode in Louisiana.lmao.

This.

"No i didn't sleep with Brent's wife and cheated on my wife"

Goes to sleep with a teamate wife and cheats on wife.

ChumpDumper
09-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Applesauce doesn't understand the meaning of quotation marks.

Macca76
09-14-2015, 02:01 PM
This.

"No i didn't sleep with Brent's wife and cheated on my wife"

Goes to sleep with a teamate wife and cheats on wife.

I wonder why you two dumbasses continue to embarrass yourselves, over and over and over. It's beyond belief

YGWHI
09-14-2015, 02:03 PM
I already started with San Antonio with Kawhi Leonard who has a bigger role now, with Danny Green :wow too. I discussed a lot with Pop, you have to accept to be a role player when the team is playing well...

It's this an evolution for you as part of Team France?

I have already started in San Antonio with Kawhi Leonard, who has grown in our team, with Danny Green as well. I have had many discussions with Pop (Gregg Popovich, Spurs coach), you have to get out of the way when all your teammates play well and I knew this moment would come for France, it's something we had to do.

But they really discussed about it? Tony's words sound like he had to convince Pop he should take a role. Pop didn't realize his player's decline and the same player had to argue against him that taking a role benefits the team? It's hard to believe.

Not sure if about the translations, or Tony being a little bit too honest with the media again, but he shouldn't say these things in public.

The rest about he "won't be selfish, let others flourish, being here is a bonus and I'm not here to try to score thirty points per game.." he sounds very credibile. Like he said it's his last Euro and he wants to win the title.

hater
09-14-2015, 02:19 PM
No player is going to admit he was dogshit. Hell Evita claimed he played MAs o menos in 2013 and it was due to too much beef in his diet.

I think this is as close as you gonna get a superstar to admit he's slowed down.

Like I said I hope Mills and Anderson are ready for minutes.

YGWHI
09-14-2015, 02:21 PM
Good stuff. The problem will come when the FNT faces adversity in an elimination game? If they need points, we know he will think he has to be the guy to deliver them. But judging from his Eurobasket play up to that point this will be difficult (Nando looks way more efficient IMO).

The game against Latvia is an elimination game but evokes more a David versus Goliath scenario with a different result, Goliath/France will cut off David head.
The next round against Spain/Greece? will be a beter measure of France team-level.

I know the frenchies but there are Spurstalk members from Latvia? Good luck to both teams.

Brazil
09-14-2015, 03:18 PM
But they really discussed about it? Tony's words sound like he had to convince Pop he should take a role. Pop didn't realize his player's decline and the same player had to argue against him that taking a role benefits the team? It's hard to believe.

Not sure if about the translations, or Tony being a little bit too honest with the media again, but he shouldn't say these things in public.

The rest about he "won't be selfish, let others flourish, being here is a bonus and I'm not here to try to score thirty points per game.." he sounds very credibile. Like he said it's his last Euro and he wants to win the title.

Well I believe I used an incorrect word

Discussion is same word in French and English but in French a discussion is different of having an argument. In French it does not mean he had to argue but they talk with each other about this topic, it does not mean they had a different point of view

I hope this clarifies

Brazil
09-14-2015, 03:24 PM
I think this is as close as you gonna get a superstar to admit he's slowed down.

I totally agree with that, Parker is recognizing he is not anymore in his prime, he is not the player he used to be and he accepts to be now a role player.

That's quite evident when he says "I am already leading scorer of the Euro so for me it does not matter. "

Brazil
09-14-2015, 03:25 PM
and btw thanks to ElNono I don't know if he found a translation somewhere or made it with google translate but it is quite good :tu

kobyz
09-14-2015, 04:04 PM
- What do you think about the fact team is capable to win without needing you to score 20 points ?

....It's up to me to let my teammates play. Balance with Spurs and FNT is to not try to do too much when team is playing well... Most important is that the team win... We need everybody, everybody will have his moments...

- Do you feel you can have a big game in next days ?

I don't think like that, I think about what is good for the team.... I need to play smart and find open teammate...

I already started with San Antonio with Kawhi Leonard who has a bigger role now, with Danny Green :wow too. I discussed a lot with Pop, you have to accept to be a role player when the team is playing well... I've always said I won't be selfish, I will let others flourish... For me it is logical, everything is fine with me... It's my last Euro, I take a lot of pleasure... I'm not here to score 30 per game...

- What did you feel when the crowd yelled your name saturday night ?

It was big...

Bobo quote: ... Tony is the biggest scorer of the Euro, opponents focus on him, it let opportunities for the others....

Parker basically said "I'm done, I'm not good anymore to be a main part, i need to count on my teammates to be able to carry me to a win"...

Brazil
09-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Parker basically said "I'm done, I'm not good anymore to be a main part, i need to count on my teammates to be able to carry me to a win"...

:rolleyes

did not follow your work but you seem to be a new (?) member of the krew

apalisoc_9
09-14-2015, 04:20 PM

Shalom

kobyz
09-14-2015, 04:25 PM
:rolleyes

did not follow your work but you seem to be a new (?) member of the krew

Parker struggling very much against some no names euros, I'm not anti Parker like the krew, just not ignoring the reality...

apalisoc_9
09-14-2015, 04:31 PM
Kobyz has alwas been known as a Parker fan around this board..not sure why when he's saying something he thinks it's true all of a sudden he's part of the player fans imaginary enemy krew :lol

Gladney to see you
09-14-2015, 04:35 PM
This is a first step to a better team.

Brazil
09-14-2015, 04:48 PM
Parker struggling very much against some no names euros, I'm not anti Parker like the krew, just not ignoring the reality...

if you believe Parker is not a main part anymore of FNT you don't know a lot about FNT :lol ... it seems you are the one ignoring reality

anyway did not know the krew has a new recruit.. welcome... apo already launched a semen shield for you that's solid for a rook

Brazil
09-14-2015, 05:02 PM
To be serious 2 minutes

Parker is not a main part he is THE main part... FNT is his team with him struggling or not... Opponents usually don't focus on defense on Nando de Colo :lol even tho they should do that if they were doing their work properly

now I'm not saying he played fine against Turkey and Israel, he played poorly but Israel was pure coasting and Turkey shut him down but lost by 23 with Parker deferring exactly what he was supposed to do in that situation

kobyz
09-14-2015, 05:16 PM
if you believe Parker is not a main part anymore of FNT you don't know a lot about FNT :lol ... it seems you are the one ignoring reality

anyway did not know the krew has a new recruit.. welcome... apo already launched a semen shield for you that's solid for a rook
Again that fucking ugly hating krew is not me, i just think that Parker show very bad signs with fnt, disaster defense, getting career high on you by a nobody combo guard from Finland in 16 minutes and etc, against Turkey close game when you on the floor and France team go on big run when you go to bench, france very not impressive in first round, and being impressive in the Turkey game but basically without Parker...

lefty
09-14-2015, 05:20 PM
They will follow him to the death.

lol be careful what you wish for

Brazil
09-14-2015, 05:30 PM
Again that fucking ugly hating krew is not me, i just think that Parker show very bad signs with fnt, disaster defense, getting career high on you by a nobody combo guard from Finland in 16 minutes and etc, against Turkey close game when you on the floor and France team go on big run when you go to bench, france very not impressive in first round, and being impressive in the Turkey game but basically without Parker...

:lol I was just messing a bit with you about the hating krew... as I said did not follow your work but will pay attention from now on

I disagree with a lot what you said but everybody is entitled to his opinion

I'm following closely this Euro and Parker despite his struggles that at times are real tbh, is what hater would call head of snake..I'd say still the most important piece. Nando scores a lot being open with Parker drawing attention of defenders

Anyway he is past his prime, he tries to adapt his game... it's a process. I wish him to be successful because it is important to get something out of him for the Spurs next season

TheGreatYacht
09-14-2015, 05:33 PM
Heart of a lion :tu

Not interested in me-first awards like certain team betas, tbh
/thread

TheGreatYacht
09-14-2015, 05:38 PM
A lot of potential in the FNT, not surprised tbh. They grew up watching the greatness of MVParker :worthy:

Went from Ronnie Turiaf, to future DPOY Rudy Gobert.

Parker changing cultures while some selfish beta refuses to give an autograph to poor fan girls at HEB smdh..

daledondale
09-14-2015, 05:51 PM
Parker and leadership in the same sentence?
http://data.whicdn.com/images/19185362/large.gif

ElNono
09-14-2015, 06:18 PM
and btw thanks to ElNono I don't know if he found a translation somewhere or made it with google translate but it is quite good :tu

de rien

SAGirl
09-14-2015, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the translation Nono and OP!

Trill Clinton
09-14-2015, 09:05 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/r7lt3n.gif

Ice009
09-14-2015, 10:12 PM
Question : People that are saying that Parker isn't playing well - In what way is he looking bad? Shooting? Not getting to the rim and finishing? If it's penetrating, I don't think you can compare NBA to Euroleague because as far as I've seen, even if you're fast, it's not as easy to get to the rim because of the zone defense teams are allowed to play.

How does he look speed wise?

YGWHI
09-14-2015, 10:20 PM
I hope this clarifies
:tu

Kawhitstorm
09-15-2015, 02:14 AM
ATTN to folks who claim Tony is still a star player: He has essentially admitted that he is now a role player so the case is closed. No more excuses for him not getting benched when he pounds the air out of the ball or get eaten alive on defense.

We won't forget 2012-13 & it was fitting that his last great postseason game came against the hated Mavs. You shall be missed Tony!

hater
09-15-2015, 06:21 AM
I put it this way. Yes Parker has slowed down and its still evident in his national team play. But he is the heart of the France team and that's huge. Gives the team a boost even with his presence.

Is he struggling vs euro scrubs? Not sure. But he sure is not running circles around them.

But if Parker has a solid game France is unbeatable. If he has a string of solid not great games France wins this thing easily. It's a similar thing with Spurs.

But I concede in the Spurs he wont be such a God as he is with France. But he's still important. He's the leader of the guard regiment of the spurs and we need him to have a chance in hell.

hater
09-15-2015, 06:23 AM
Still this season is different because we have Lamarcys. Patty and Kyle should be able to play deep minutes comfortably with LMAlpha patrolling the paint.

tmtcsc
09-15-2015, 07:15 AM
None of this French National team means shit to me. All I care about is how he plays for the Spurs. Talk is cheap.

Brazil
09-15-2015, 07:51 AM
Question : People that are saying that Parker isn't playing well - In what way is he looking bad? Shooting? Not getting to the rim and finishing? If it's penetrating, I don't think you can compare NBA to Euroleague because as far as I've seen, even if you're fast, it's not as easy to get to the rim because of the zone defense teams are allowed to play.

How does he look speed wise?

Globally he is playing pedestrian... untill last two games shooting was not an issue, he has been solid from 2 pts finishing well at the rim and penetrating easily just difficulties to finish games. During those games tho he took an abnormal amount of 3s with not a great success (4/12). Speed wise he was ok not prime Parker but still the fastest dude on the floor.

Now last two games he struggled a bit but game against Israel was a "training" game as Israel did not play starters.. he basically coasted this game. Against Turkey he was quite bad (1/4 on 2 pts and 1/4 from 3s), 3 TOs... sloppish game thus the interview and questions about his level of play. France still won this game by +20 and Turkey heavily tried to deny Parker's play letting Nando and Lauvergne open most of the time, both made them pay.

hater
09-15-2015, 07:57 AM
He looks same as he did in 2014-15 unfortunately minus the ballhogging. Not to mention France coach does not hesitate to sit him immediately as opposed to Popovich.

If Pop can have the balls to take him out and play Mills Anderson it will be good. I just don't see Parker being pre 2013 parker anytime soon or ever.

Clipper Nation
09-15-2015, 08:46 AM
:lmao