PDA

View Full Version : Narcos on Netflix

CosmicCowboy
09-14-2015, 11:30 AM
Totally kicks ass if you haven't checked it out.

The Gemini Method
09-14-2015, 11:39 AM
Great show. Binge watched the fuck out of it the other day. Was concerned how they were going to prolong it but if the 2nd part is as well-written as the first, then there isn't much concern.

DarrinS
09-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Awesome show. I was bummed that I ran out of episodes to watch.

Blake
09-14-2015, 01:53 PM
I watched episode 1. Solid but a little sluggish, imo. I'll try to finish out to see if it picks up.

DJR210
09-14-2015, 05:25 PM
Solid but a little sluggish

I agree. Has great production value and decent acting, will still watch the rest of the season.

BD24
09-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Was actually thinking about watching it, thanks for the recommendation. Will give it a try tonight.

ColinB
09-14-2015, 06:35 PM
The voice over stuff was a bit much in the beginning. It seemed like it belonged in a dumb video game or something. Excellent show despite that.

Reck
09-14-2015, 06:40 PM
Trash.

The voice over never stopped. It was like watching a documentary. The show must have thought we all were born last decade with all the stop and go explanations.

Also, this is a minor complaint but the dude couldn't even speak spanish all that well. He had a bad accent. You could tell he was speaking it as a second language.

Buddy Mignon
09-14-2015, 07:11 PM
The voice over stuff was a bit much in the beginning. It seemed like it belonged in a dumb video game or something. Excellent show despite that.

I couldn't get past it.

ColinB
09-14-2015, 08:01 PM
I couldn't get past it.

I thought it balanced out towards the end, but yeah, it's pretty corny.

DMC
09-14-2015, 09:32 PM
Tried watching it. Feels like I've seen it a dozen times already.

baseline bum
09-14-2015, 10:14 PM
If it's good then I'll wait 3-4 years so I can watch the entire series without huge breaks and cliffhangers. I wish I had done that with Breaking Bad, but no, I had to get into the series in the first Season 5.

LaMarcus Bryant
09-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Trying to watch
Voice over is indeed corny

Venti Quattro
09-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Season 2 is on... Good shit so far

Paulina Gaitan is such a hottie

Xevious
09-05-2016, 04:28 AM
I watched three or four episodes. Totally agree that the narration is unnecessary and kills the show. Show me, don't tell me. There are times that it works, others that it doesn't. The out of place voice over in The Hateful Eight is another bad example.

09-05-2016, 06:46 AM
Season 2 is on... Good shit so far

Paulina Gaitan is such a hottie
this...I honestly didn't notice her much in the first season but they seem to be showing her more this time around

I'm halfway thru, it's been good so far imo. The voice over doesn't really bother me tbh, but maybe it's just because I was already used to Padilha's style.

gambit1990
09-09-2016, 05:24 PM
season two is the shit. just finished it.

Biernutz
09-10-2016, 05:42 AM
if you can't stand subtitles this is not your movie. It looked like they were trying to make
Pablo into a Tony Soprano type character . The guy in real life sent many people to their
deaths and but the character was portrayed as a family guy with feelings. It show was like a
Car wreck on I 35. When you drove past it you had to slow down and take a look. I would
still recommend it.

Reck
11-16-2018, 04:24 PM
Saw first 2 episodes of Narcos:Mexico.

Good so far. Legit mexicans in this one too. Diego Luna and Michael Pena putting in work.

And nope, this is not season 4 either. It's like a side story having nothing to do with the main series.

spurraider21
11-16-2018, 04:43 PM
i gave up on narcos midway through season 3. first 2 seasons were great, but was bored out of my mind in season 3

Spurs Homer
11-17-2018, 12:55 PM
Just finished episode 8 late late last night.

Escobar (younger escobar) makes an appearance as this Mexico chapter is going on while Escobar is still alive -

first two episodes were ok but it does get better after that - then maybe another lull - then really good again.
I knew if I started watching yesterday my day would be gone lol.

SpursforSix
11-19-2018, 11:31 AM
I'm through 3 episodes and enjoying it.

Although I thought the scene with Pena pretending to be a laborer was pretty ridiculous.

Capt Bringdown
11-19-2018, 02:45 PM
Started off strong and then fizzled out. I think it's safe to say this season won't win any Mexican Tourism awards.

Reck
12-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Started off strong and then fizzled out. I think it's safe to say this season won't win any Mexican Tourism awards.

I have to agree here.

The plot just sort of died in the middle portion of the season. Way too many episodes in my opinion.

As a side story, this didn't need to be more than 5-6 episodes, instead they went with a full blown season and it suffered for it. Peña is usually a good actor but he mailed this shit in and to boot, his character is a bit of a deadbeat when it comes to his family and too much of a badass when it came to his job.

:lol Going rogue and disobeying orders on a foreign country where they're supposed to be diplomats and hands off.

leemajors
02-15-2020, 10:21 PM
I liked season 2 of Narcos Mexico, but if they are going to continue with Chapo, didn't they already use a lot of specific violent murders/acts from his life and put them in season 1 as stuff Felix did?

Spurs Homer
02-17-2020, 09:41 AM
Season 2 mexico had its moments - but fell a bit short imo...

getting a little tiring -

too bad -

that long ago colombian cartel mafia feel - seems watered down in mexico -

but glorifying scumbags will always grow tiring and finding any characters to root for while also rooting for them to get their own karma fulfilled

leaves you with a distaste of almost everyone involved

still somewhat entertaining -but nothing gets near that first season in colombia

SpursforSix
02-17-2020, 10:34 AM
Season 2 mexico had its moments - but fell a bit short imo...

getting a little tiring -

too bad -

that long ago colombian cartel mafia feel - seems watered down in mexico -

but glorifying scumbags will always grow tiring and finding any characters to root for while also rooting for them to get their own karma fulfilled

leaves you with a distaste of almost everyone involved

still somewhat entertaining -but nothing gets near that first season in colombia

Pretty much agree. It was good but of all the Narcos, it was the weakest season.

I haven't double checked but I feel like they took more dramatic liberties on this one that the others. They also spent too much time on the personal lives of Felix and Walt imo. I didn't really care that Walt's motivation was due to his brother getting killed and didn't care about him wanting to fish with his nephew. Also didn't care about Felix and his ex wife and kid. Just seemed to drag the pace down.

Also the characterization of the crack dealer seemed cartoonish and out of place.

I was hoping they would focus on Isabella more. She's supposedly based off the real life Queen of the South so maybe they thought they already had that covered. Idk.

Spurs Homer
02-17-2020, 11:06 AM
Pretty much agree. It was good but of all the Narcos, it was the weakest season.

I haven't double checked but I feel like they took more dramatic liberties on this one that the others. They also spent too much time on the personal lives of Felix and Walt imo. I didn't really care that Walt's motivation was due to his brother getting killed and didn't care about him wanting to fish with his nephew. Also didn't care about Felix and his ex wife and kid. Just seemed to drag the pace down.

Also the characterization of the crack dealer seemed cartoonish and out of place.

I was hoping they would focus on Isabella more. She's supposedly based off the real life Queen of the South so maybe they thought they already had that covered. Idk.

yup

also

that entire thing with the dude in the black hat and the gringa pregnant gf
was just a yuuuge waste of time imo

It almost seemed like they just thought a wild shootout in and old charming pueblo complete with a carnival/fiesta

would be cool to bring in choppers mowing down civilians

just seemed like the screenwriter was writing for ratings and pleasing the accountants

SpursforSix
02-17-2020, 11:29 AM
yup

also

that entire thing with the dude in the black hat and the gringa pregnant gf
was just a yuuuge waste of time imo

It almost seemed like they just thought a wild shootout in and old charming pueblo complete with a carnival/fiesta

would be cool to bring in choppers mowing down civilians

just seemed like the screenwriter was writing for ratings and pleasing the accountants

The chopper scene...that was exactly what I was thinking when I said, "dramatic liberties". Was too over the top.
And the scene with Walt trying to get Acosta to the river. That was ridiculous. So the agents don't want to shoot Walt.
But why would they not just drop their guns and go grab them both?

Spurs Homer
02-17-2020, 03:42 PM
The chopper scene...that was exactly what I was thinking when I said, "dramatic liberties". Was too over the top.
And the scene with Walt trying to get Acosta to the river. That was ridiculous. So the agents don't want to shoot Walt.
But why would they not just drop their guns and go grab them both?

yup

also there is no cop that would do what walt did-

any cop would disarm the suspect once he signed the agreement and then would march him out handcuffed and claim jurisdiction (signed papers)

and if corrupt mexican cops snatched them-

then he would (the cop) take his chances in a courtroom-

oh and btw;

”bend over - ill show you dramatic liberties!”

lol

SpursforSix
02-17-2020, 04:39 PM
yup

also there is no cop that would do what walt did-

any cop would disarm the suspect once he signed the agreement and then would march him out handcuffed and claim jurisdiction (signed papers)

and if corrupt mexican cops snatched them-

then he would (the cop) take his chances in a courtroom-

oh and btw;

”bend over - ill show you dramatic liberties!”

lol

Ha...you should have started with that.

basquetbol
02-19-2020, 09:19 PM
Narcos es muy aburrido!

paperboy77
02-20-2020, 07:58 PM
Mexico season 2 was way better than 1 tho.

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2020, 12:29 AM
Watched the first season of the Mexico one and Michael Pena was corny af, as he is in pretty much everything he does. His shitiness distracts the viewer from empathizing with the actual agent he was portraying. At no point did I look at him as Kiki Camarena, just a hack actor who inadvertently made me enjoy his torture and death.

SpursforSix
02-22-2020, 01:15 AM
Watched the first season of the Mexico one and Michael Pena was corny af, as he is in pretty much everything he does. His shitiness distracts the viewer from empathizing with the actual agent he was portraying. At no point did I look at him as Kiki Camarena, just a hack actor who inadvertently made me enjoy his torture and death.

I don’t mind him in general but him going undercover with the pickers on the day that the boss shows up and then the dudes get on the bus was too much.

Reck
03-01-2020, 04:59 AM
This season felt drawn out and the episodes being an hour + doesn't help it any. They also added so much 1-to-1 dialogue that went on for 2-3 minutes in multiple scenes every episodes. Gets tiring.

Up to episode 6 and I already feel like I've watched one two many episodes. NOt a bad season either..just lacks the Pablo Escobar's Narco's aspect to it. Narco Mexico is just not that intriguing.