PDA

View Full Version : Everyone talking about Parker/TD getting a reduction in role..What sets to run?

apalisoc_9
09-14-2015, 11:07 PM
We know the loop is a beast set when Parker was at his game a few years ago...The spurs still used it heavily last year but it wasn't as efficient and deadly. Still a good set for Parker/Mills...

The spurs will most likely run less of that...

So what sets will dominate the team with a Leonard/Aldridge offense?

More Horn?

What offensive sets will dominate the spurs offense in 2016?

T_L_P
09-14-2015, 11:19 PM
As long as it's not those awful high-dribble Isos from Kawhi....I'm good with anything.

apalisoc_9
09-14-2015, 11:22 PM
As long as it's not those awful high-dribble Isos from Kawhi....I'm good with anything.

that's not a set...try again.

FlAVaK
09-14-2015, 11:24 PM
Why should your GF break up with you? You`re such an interesting person to be with...

apalisoc_9
09-14-2015, 11:33 PM
Why should your GF break up with you? You`re such an interesting person to be with...

Every girl I've been said they're inlove with my randomness and crazy srs.....

All my exes say they miss my randomness..

One of my ex wanted to get back with me three months ago...Srs.

I am amazing IRL.

Spurtacular
09-15-2015, 12:28 AM
Imaginary girlfriends say a lot of things, tbh.

YGWHI
09-15-2015, 12:38 AM
Everyone...except Pop.

Judging for his words, Messina also said the same thing, LMA will revive Parker game. They'll rely on Parker-LMA pick and roll as their primary offense.

Most people would expect LMA as the offensive initiator and the Spurs revolve around him in the post....but once again, it's mostly dependent on Parker's health.

If Parker's injured there isn't a plan B. Who will run the pick and roll with LMA?

Kawhi? Once he fully recovered, the Spurs were registering 1.1 ppp out of his pick and rolls, a really good number, but Pop envisions him and LMA as an offensive tandem? I have my doubts. Manu's getting old, Patty'll play more minutes with the second unit than with LMA, Pop won't start Diaw over Duncan...McCallum? Our best hope.

Kawhitstorm
09-15-2015, 12:52 AM
Kawhi/LMA high PnRs (pick-n-pops really) w/ Danny on the strong-side corner. Tim could just pounds the glass or duck in for dump offs while Tony makes cuts to keep the defense occupied. Replace Tony w/ Patty & you basically have a similar personnel as the Blazers when Batum was running the offense. Kawhi's ball handling is going to be very critical but Batum wasn't an elite ball handler even though he has better handles/court vision than Kawhi. In any case, Kawhi has improved every season despite being hampered by injuries/lack of training camp so I expect to see a noticeable improve this upcoming season considering he would have had a 5 month long offseason.

YGWHI
09-15-2015, 12:55 AM

When he was dealing with an eye/vision issue and broken hand? In the last 26 games of the season Kawhi scored 1.06 ppp in isolation situations

Kawhitstorm
09-15-2015, 01:03 AM
Kawhi? Once he fully recovered, the Spurs were registering 1.1 ppp out of his pick and rolls, a really good number, but Pop envisions him and LMA as an offensive tandem? I have my doubts. Manu's getting old, Patty'll play more minutes with the second unit than with LMA, Pop won't start Diaw over Duncan...McCallum? Our best hope.

Why in the hell wouldn't Pop envision LMA/Kawhi being a tandem? LMA can play w/ anyone since he's a versatile big-man & Kawhi was allowed to run PnRs last season so I don't see why Pop would be hesitant especially when there isn't a legit better option.

dabom
09-15-2015, 01:05 AM
Tlp is turning into a bad poster tbh.

iManu
09-15-2015, 01:08 AM
They'll probably run Option B.

YGWHI
09-15-2015, 01:16 AM

1.06 ppp.

Just think about it before you say something awful/stupid again

apalisoc_9
09-15-2015, 01:32 AM
They'll probably run Option B.

STFU you POS..

YOu watch your mouth..

Do you wanna fight? What's your address?

apalisoc_9
09-15-2015, 01:41 AM
The weakside horns will generate a lot of Aldridge and Kawhi PnR with Green open getting a screen from TP for a potential three and TP on the other side...

The spurs run already lots of horns but they're probably add some sort of new wrinkle to it.

Mikeanaro
09-15-2015, 01:42 AM
Today I was driving and I saw this WTF!?
http://media.diariopopular.com.ar/adjuntos/143/imagenes/000/388/0000388852.jpg
He should be the last person teaching something, unless its porking/seducing teammates wives and eating junk food, tbh.

apalisoc_9
09-15-2015, 01:54 AM
He should be the last person teaching something, unless its porking/seducing teammates wives and eating junk food, tbh.

:lmao

YGWHI
09-15-2015, 02:14 AM
Why in the hell wouldn't Pop envision LMA/Kawhi being a tandem? LMA can play w/ anyone since he's a versatile big-man & Kawhi was allowed to run PnRs last season so I don't see why Pop would be hesitant especially when there isn't a legit better option.

Well, Pop never run creative plays for Kawh and never involved him with the other primary scorer in pick and rolls, he didn't do it with Kawhi and Parker last seasons, he won't do it with Kawhi-LMA this new season.

Resistant to change. Pop prefers to play an injured point guard rather than a point guard with the hot shooting hand, he likes to run his offense through Parker-Duncan/Parker-Diaw pick and roll even when Kawhi has Crawford on him 15 minutes a game in the post.

Kawhi'll improve his offensive game but more like an individual force while Parker's on the court. It's not Parker's fault, it isn't about Pop's favoritism, just the way it's always been.

Kuestmaster
09-15-2015, 02:31 AM

Maybe it's because of this:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240127

YGWHI
09-15-2015, 02:33 AM

:lol

CTAN? Enrique Parker. Can't Take A N...:nope :lmao

Brian Windhorst
09-15-2015, 07:32 AM
:pop: fuck the beautiful game
:pop: 4 down again

iManu
09-15-2015, 08:45 AM
STFU you POS..

YOu watch your mouth..

Do you wanna fight? What's your address?

I can't tell if you're serious.

Clipper Nation
09-15-2015, 08:48 AM
:lol