PDA

View Full Version : Christian Sharia thread

boutons_deux
09-16-2015, 03:46 PM
In addition to govt employees obeying their fucked up reading the Bible that they believe trumps civil law, or BigCorps "sincerely believing" they can war on their female employees sex lives and vaginas, there are other Christian Sharia examples.

Court Forces Non-Religious Mom to Get Therapy From Bible-Thumping Counselor or Lose Custody of Sons

An Albuquerque, New Mexico mother was ordered by a judge to attend sessions with a Christian counselor or face contempt of court charges and lose custody of her children. However, when the counselor’s practices were put under scrutiny, several serious problems became apparent.

According to KRQE Channel 13 (http://krqe.com/2015/09/14/court-ordered-religious-classes-raise-concerns/), Holly Salzman sought court aid in coparenting her 11-year-old sons with their father, from whom she is divorced. The judge ordered a set of 10 sessions with counselor Mary Pepper.

Salzman says that she assumed Pepper would be a regular couples and family counseling therapist, but “I walked into the session and the very first thing she said to me was, ‘I start my sessions by praying,’” Salzman said.

“When I expressed my concerns that I didn’t pray she said, ‘well this is what I do’ and she proceeded to say a prayer out loud.”

Because the sessions are court mandated, Salzman said, “You don’t have a choice. You do it or you’re held in contempt of court.”

Salzman said that she feels that for the court to order her to a Christian counselor is a violation of the separation of church and state. After the first session, she contacted Family Court and left a message expressing her concerns. She never heard anything back.

At her second session, Pepper opened with a prayer again.

“We went back to court. I expressed concerns again about the religious overtones and they stated they hadn’t heard any problems concerning Mary Pepper with religion,” Salzman told Channel 13.

She was, she says, so “offended and disgusted” that she stopped attending the courses altogether, at which point the court intervened and took away her sons.

http://www.alternet.org/belief/court-forces-non-religious-mom-get-therapy-bible-thumping-counselor-or-lose-custody-sons?akid=13479.187590.W7-0HC&rd=1&src=newsletter1042471&t=20

boutons_deux
09-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Republicans push to change NC law so Christians can teach public school kids abstinence-only sex ed

North Carolina Republicans want to change state law to allow religious fanatics to dictate public high school sex education.

Current law requires that materials must be “accepted by professionals and credentialed experts in the field of sexual health education.” New language proposed by Republican representatives Chris Whitmire and Skip Stam would allow for just about anyone to sign off on the material,

New language only specifies “credentialed experts” have to sign off on sex education curricula materials. That means anyone with any kind of certificate can approve them.

“It’s absolutely true that, as written right now, [sex education curricula] could be determined by your auto mechanic, your hair dresser or your preacher,”

Republican lawmakers don’t want mechanics or hairdressers teaching sex ed, necessarily. They pointed specifically to the conservative Christian group, Focus on the Family.
The group, founded by James Dobson, advocates abstinence-only education, a method advocated by conservative Christians but rejected (http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0024658) by the scientific and health care community as, at best, ineffective.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/republicans-push-to-change-nc-law-so-christians-can-teach-public-school-kids-abstinence-only-sex-ed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

FOF is a Christian hate group, like AFA, etc.

DarrinS
09-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Look, another echo chamber started by boob. You may attract posts from Blake with that title tho.

Spurminator
09-16-2015, 03:50 PM
She was, she says, so “offended and disgusted” that she stopped attending the courses altogether, at which point the court intervened and took away her sons.

I mean, I'm not in favor of forced religious counseling or anything, but I'd probably fight through it for my kids.

m>s
09-16-2015, 04:29 PM
Fuck off kike!

boutons_deux
09-16-2015, 04:40 PM
I mean, I'm not in favor of forced religious counseling or anything, but I'd probably fight through it for my kids.

She probably didn't believe that the Christian Taliban, violating the Constitution, would actually screw her and her kids.

Spurminator
09-16-2015, 04:42 PM
She probably didn't believe that the Christian Taliban, violating the Constitution, would actually screw her and her kids.

Pretty high risk in exchange for skipping a prayer session.

Blake
09-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Look, another echo chamber started by boob. You may attract posts from Blake with that title tho.

you're here per the usual. Moth flame etc

Blake
09-16-2015, 04:48 PM
Pretty high risk in exchange for skipping a prayer session.

Yeah, I'd go and then sue later.

Spurminator
09-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Maybe her overreaction to trivial things like this is one of the reasons she lost custody in the first place.

TeyshaBlue
09-16-2015, 05:22 PM
#shitblogsmatter

TheSanityAnnex
09-16-2015, 05:23 PM
In addition to govt employees obeying their fucked up reading the Bible that they believe trumps civil law, or BigCorps "sincerely believing" they can war on their female employees sex lives and vaginas, there are other Christian Sharia examples.

Court Forces Non-Religious Mom to Get Therapy From Bible-Thumping Counselor or Lose Custody of Sons

An Albuquerque, New Mexico mother was ordered by a judge to attend sessions with a Christian counselor or face contempt of court charges and lose custody of her children. However, when the counselor’s practices were put under scrutiny, several serious problems became apparent.

According to KRQE Channel 13 (http://krqe.com/2015/09/14/court-ordered-religious-classes-raise-concerns/), Holly Salzman sought court aid in coparenting her 11-year-old sons with their father, from whom she is divorced. The judge ordered a set of 10 sessions with counselor Mary Pepper.

Salzman says that she assumed Pepper would be a regular couples and family counseling therapist, but “I walked into the session and the very first thing she said to me was, ‘I start my sessions by praying,’” Salzman said.

“When I expressed my concerns that I didn’t pray she said, ‘well this is what I do’ and she proceeded to say a prayer out loud.”

Because the sessions are court mandated, Salzman said, “You don’t have a choice. You do it or you’re held in contempt of court.”

Salzman said that she feels that for the court to order her to a Christian counselor is a violation of the separation of church and state. After the first session, she contacted Family Court and left a message expressing her concerns. She never heard anything back.

At her second session, Pepper opened with a prayer again.

“We went back to court. I expressed concerns again about the religious overtones and they stated they hadn’t heard any problems concerning Mary Pepper with religion,” Salzman told Channel 13.

http://www.alternet.org/belief/court-forces-non-religious-mom-get-therapy-bible-thumping-counselor-or-lose-custody-sons?akid=13479.187590.W7-0HC&rd=1&src=newsletter1042471&t=20

"Salzman said that she completed the classes and got her sons back."

From one non-religious person to another, boutons you are a fucking idiot.

boutons_deux
09-16-2015, 07:47 PM
"Salzman said that she completed the classes and got her sons back."

From one non-religious person to another, boutons you are a fucking idiot.

that doesn't absolve Christian Sharia judge and his accomplice removing the kids.

G F Y

rogues
09-16-2015, 09:25 PM
OP is a spambot

MultiTroll
09-16-2015, 09:54 PM
:lol Forced prayer?
Cleary on the mothers side on this one.
You other cave in's can gfys.
Bouts is correct.

TheSanityAnnex
09-16-2015, 10:39 PM
that doesn't absolve Christian Sharia judge and his accomplice removing the kids.

G F Y
Well no shit.

But why did you leave that important part out?

boutons_deux
09-17-2015, 05:15 AM
Well no shit.

But why did you leave that important part out?

Gotta give you some room to dream that you can hold a candle to The Great Boutons (you can't, GFY, cop sucker, gun fellator)

boutons_deux
09-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Oklahoma teacher orders ‘evil’ 4-year-old to become righty: ‘Devil is often portrayed as left-handed’

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/oklahoma-teacher-orders-evil-4-year-old-to-become-righty-devil-is-often-portrayed-as-left-handed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

boutons_deux
09-30-2015, 11:27 AM
How Some Alabama Hospitals Quietly Drug Test New Mothers — Without Their Consent

As hundreds of Alabama women face child endangerment charges, hospitals are mostly mum on their testing policies – even with the patients.

In six consent forms obtained from patients and a handful of hospitals — paperwork that patients sign when they check in to deliver their babies — drug testing is specifically mentioned in only two. None indicate that positive results can trigger arrest and prosecution under the Alabama chemical endangerment statute.

“If hospitals are not informing their patients about what their drug-testing policies are, particularly when those results are used to involve law enforcement in their patients’ lives, that is an unconstitutional act,”

http://www.propublica.org/article/how-some-alabama-hospitals-drug-test-new-mothers-without-their-consent?utm_source=et&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailynewsletter&utm_content=&utm_name=

How States Handle Drug Use During Pregnancy

https://projects.propublica.org/graphics/maternity-drug-policies-by-state

Take a ValiumTake a Valium, Lose Your Kid, Go to Jail

In Alabama, anti-drug fervor and abortion politics have turned a meth-lab law into the country's harshest weapon against pregnant women.

https://www.propublica.org/article/when-the-womb-is-a-crime-scene

Christian Sharia, or just racism in the Confederacy? There's no difference.