PDA

View Full Version : Just order Ballstreams...

Johnsyounger
09-16-2015, 08:30 PM
Finally unloaded that phony LP. Thing was a joke and they made it worse this year. Any tips for best device for watching? Also anyone know how long games are available after broadcast?

apalisoc_9
09-16-2015, 08:32 PM
man gotta get ballstreams before League pass renews and eats 200 or 300 something dollars on my credit card.

urunobili
09-16-2015, 11:38 PM
Anyone has a promo code for league pass discount? Any experiences to share about watching it through Apple TV?

apalisoc_9
09-16-2015, 11:50 PM
Anyone has a promo code for league pass discount? Any experiences to share about watching it through Apple TV?

I don't have one but I noticed the last three years NBA always has promos two weeks after the opening...Maybe it's just regional, but I don't know.

Have you tried league pass before? In general league pass is awful if you're a fan of a team with huge national coverage..San Antonio plays 21 nationally televised games, you won't be able to watch them.

Spurtacular
09-17-2015, 12:11 AM
Debating getting Ballstreams. But the savings, I'd have to spend on a Roku b/c they're not on Amazon Fire, which is what I have.

NASpurs
09-17-2015, 12:19 AM
Debating getting Ballstreams. But the savings, I'd have to spend on a Roku b/c they're not on Amazon Fire, which is what I have.

Sideload Kodi on your Fire and then install the Ballstreams app (well zip file from their forums).

Spurtacular
09-17-2015, 12:45 AM
Sideload Kodi on your Fire and then install the Ballstreams app (well zip file from their forums).

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if that works (or if I'm tech savvy enough to do that).

apalisoc_9
09-17-2015, 12:59 AM
Also, what's the minimum internet speed for ballstreams?

three years ago I only had 10mb and it was fine with league pass

I have 25 now and no problems either...

Holden_Caulfield
09-17-2015, 12:18 PM
do they stream preseason games too?

DMC
09-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Bend over, I'll show ya a fuckin' ballstream.

Creation88
09-17-2015, 12:39 PM
is the NBA League Pass Team option available through ATT/cable provider or just online?

Hoops Czar
09-17-2015, 12:40 PM
I don't have one but I noticed the last three years NBA always has promos two weeks after the opening...Maybe it's just regional, but I don't know.

Have you tried league pass before? In general league pass is awful if you're a fan of a team with huge national coverage..San Antonio plays 21 nationally televised games, you won't be able to watch them.

Here's the thing, the games not offered on league pass can be seen on regular cable (TNT, ESPN) and included in the LP package is NBAtv so you don't really miss a game.

objective
09-17-2015, 01:12 PM
question about league pass & in-market games:

I understand the games are blacked out live in the home market. But are they blacked out in the archived games for league pass online? If the archive is available, how quickly are they put up?

Johnsyounger
09-17-2015, 01:36 PM
My main problems with LP>
1. Blackout games would come up 3hours-3days after broadcast.
2. Blackout games.
3. Streaming was suspect at best. Pretty Lo Quality when it worked.
4. No tech support
5. Got email to renew this year and the streaming package you could only pick 1 team instead of 5. I dont need to watch minny vs lakers on a tuesday but cmon.
6. Sometimes no home feed.
7. Price was horrid for what you got.
8. Ballstream 89 for year and as i understand addresses all off above issues.

heyheymymy
09-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Can anyone PM me a good streaming replay site? I had one last year where the games would upload in 720p streams a day after they aired live but it's down now.

I can find live free streams during the games easily, but I work nights and so I'm looking for a replay site so I don't miss the games and can watch them the next day.

monkeypunk
09-17-2015, 02:06 PM
I used ball streams last year and installed plex on my pc, setup ball streams as a channel in plex then I could stream games to any networked device I had, Apple TV, boxee box, chromecast and iPhones. Pretty seamless though the channel controls are much more limited with the plex channel setup. So you could only skip forward and back in preset increments, etc.

Living in austin with no cable package, the blackout rules fucked me with league pass so ball streams again this year for me.