PDA

View Full Version : Let's take it easy on Parker

RD2191
09-17-2015, 04:21 PM
Tbh. For the sake of Brazil. Seriously though Spurs need to start looking for a younger PG for the season after this one.

apalisoc_9
09-17-2015, 04:24 PM
Parker will continue playing the same way.

Prior to this game he said he was giving the reigns to other young players like nando..but what does he do the next two games? shoot 20% and take billions of shots.

I hope he breaks his leg.

If Brazil leaves because Parker is no longer a spur, then that just shows he's a player fan.

hater
09-17-2015, 04:25 PM
Sergio Rodriguez and Sergio Llull seemed 10x faster than Parker tonight. It was pretty bad

RD2191
09-17-2015, 04:29 PM
Fellas I know Parker sucked, again. But it's tough for everyone. He's our starting PG so his decline affects us all.

Kawhitstorm
09-17-2015, 04:31 PM
Seriously though Spurs need to start looking for a younger PG for the season after this one.

He's the Kobe of the Spurs franchise...he is cancer has already metastasized so there is no way to get ride of him until his contract runs out.

Brazil
09-17-2015, 04:31 PM
Parker will continue playing the same way.

Prior to this game he said he was giving the reigns to other young players like nando..but what does he do the next two games? shoot 20% and take billions of shots.

I hope he breaks his leg.

If Brazil leaves because Parker is no longer a spur, then that just shows he's a player fan.

:rolleyes

I'm not going anywhere

RD2191
09-17-2015, 04:37 PM
He's the Kobe of the Spurs franchise...he is cancer has already metastasized so there is no way to get ride of him until his contract runs out.

Yeah. It sux but it is what it is. He's what we got so let's hope he adjusts his game.

peacemaker885
09-17-2015, 05:32 PM
Looks like father time has indeed grabbed hold of TP. This just shows how much of a legend TD is.

Kikoluna
09-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Parker is terrible. Start patty.

hater
09-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Looks like father time has indeed grabbed hold of TP. This just shows how much of a legend TD is.

And Gasol tbh. Dude is 35 and stop. Best euro

Kawhitstorm
09-17-2015, 05:39 PM

Who would have though Tim would outlast Tony when he came into the league as a baby-faced 19 yr old.

lefty
09-17-2015, 06:04 PM
:rollin

peacemaker885
09-18-2015, 12:26 AM
And Gasol tbh. Dude is 35 and stop. Best euro

Yeah man. Pau is just killing it. Last season he averaged 18 pts and 11 rebounds (basketball reference), second only to Butler as the best player over at Chicago. He's proven to be very sturdy and they need him to be.

Kawhitstorm
09-18-2015, 12:33 AM
Yeah man. Pau is just killing it. Last season he averaged 18 pts and 11 rebounds (basketball reference), second only to Butler as the best player over at Chicago. He's proven to be very sturdy and they need him to be.

He wasn't so hot on defense last season & broke down in the playoffs but otherwise he was one of the best big-men on offense.

SpurPadre
09-18-2015, 12:40 AM
I just read about the game. Was it just shots not falling along with good defense or did he look like he's way past his prime?

SuperCam
09-18-2015, 12:43 AM

And yet Tristan Thompson shitted down his throat during the playoffs... Damn, Cavs are stacked.

Kobe's theft of MVPau's 2010 finals mvp was even worse than what Kiwi did to Tim :depressed

DeRozan m8
09-18-2015, 12:57 AM
And yet Tristan Thompson shitted down his throat during the playoffs... Damn, Cavs are stacked.

Kobe's theft of MVPau's 2010 finals mvp was even worse than what Kiwi did to Tim :depressed

They are not stacked you fucking idiot.
The Cavs are fucking shit and only get anywhere because they play in a shit arse conference.
Fuck you

Kawhitstorm
09-18-2015, 01:08 AM

First off, Pau was fuckin' injured during the Cavs series, he actually ate up Tristan in Gm 1. As far as 2010, Pau wasn't the MVP b/c he was playing against a battered frontline that included Fat Baby/washed up Sheed rather than his nemesis Perkins/healthy KG. Had Perkins not gotten injured the Celtics would have won the Series. If anyone should have been the MVP, it should have been Artest for bailing them out on offense & putting the clamps on Pierce along w/ Rondo laying a bunch of bricks while being dared to shoot.

Brian Windhorst
09-18-2015, 01:10 AM
Parkersuckers on life support tbh

All he needs to do this year is play the latter-years JKidd Andre Miller role. Just find an open teammate and save energy for D.

7-9 FGA per game is reasonable just to keep the defense honest tbh

apalisoc_9
09-18-2015, 01:12 AM
Parker is going to average 12-13 fga, sadly..

That's why it's better he breaks his legs than bring this team down.

Kawhitstorm
09-18-2015, 01:24 AM
I just read about the game. Was it just shots not falling along with good defense or did he look like he's way past his prime?

He was randomly falling on the ground, getting blocked, not able to beat his man & missed floaters/mid range shots/FTs. His issue is basically he can't get into the paint b/c he has lost a couple of steps thus he has to take difficult shots & can't get into any type of groove. He doesn't seem to be limping & I'm assuming he hasn't lost his touch around the rim thus Pop should just take the ball out of his hand & make him a cutter ala Tony Allen.

Sean Cagney
09-18-2015, 02:40 AM
Parker is terrible. Start patty.

Parker fell off but Patty is not a starting PG in the NBA.

Kawhitstorm
09-18-2015, 03:53 AM
Parker fell off but Patty is not a starting PG in the NBA.

Yep, let Patty feast against backups & just pray Parker doesn't get annihilated by the opposing starting PGs.

spursistan
09-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Tbh. For the sake of Brazil. Seriously though Spurs need to start looking for a younger PG for the season after this one.
Yes PATFO should already be preparing for a contingent Parker plan..I'm expecting Pop to pull the "out with various maladies" card at one point..What was RC thinking handing that contract, tbh..It was 100% thank you deal in retrospect that happened in the afterglow of the '14 championship run..The advanced metric gurus in our FO must have been in on his decline already during the regular/PO season that year, but RC probably shrugged it off erring on loyalty/trust part..

TheDoctor
09-18-2015, 10:52 AM
At least Enrique is happy he shitted on the Republic Tribe of Latvia.

T_L_P
09-18-2015, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't even be concerned if Pop just benched him when he's playing like ass.

Unfortunately, as we saw last year, Pop won't do that because he doesn't have the guts to bench his 'star'.

timtonymanu
09-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Damn, I was hoping Enrique fans would be right when they said he would have a bounce back season.

SpurPadre
09-18-2015, 12:01 PM
He was randomly falling on the ground, getting blocked, not able to beat his man & missed floaters/mid range shots/FTs. His issue is basically he can't get into the paint b/c he has lost a couple of steps thus he has to take difficult shots & can't get into any type of groove. He doesn't seem to be limping & I'm assuming he hasn't lost his touch around the rim thus Pop should just take the ball out of his hand & make him a cutter ala Tony Allen.

Thanks for the info. Well, fortunately there's plenty of time for him to readjust his game and still be effective for us.

DAF86
09-18-2015, 12:49 PM
The last two NBA seasons and this Euro tournament, I think it's time to start contemplating the idea that Tony's decline is permanent and start planning accordingly. The thing with Tony is that he doesn't seem to have the kind of game to be an off ball player. He needs to start practicing more and more of the corner 3, imho.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-18-2015, 01:07 PM
There's really no point in bashing players that are on the team you pull for.

testies
09-18-2015, 01:38 PM
Can we talk about how passive Diaw looked? I know in FIBA the paint is more packed, but he didn't do shit against the garbage spanish 4s

Kawhitstorm
09-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Can we talk about how passive Diaw looked? I know in FIBA the paint is more packed, but he didn't do shit against the garbage spanish 4s

He did get enough touches w/ Tony hero balling & Batum/De Colo being higher up in the food chain. It also did help that Gobert camps inside the restricted area thus Bobo couldn't work his magic in the paint.