PDA

View Full Version : Chris Coghlan slide injures Jung Ho Kang. Cheap or clean?

MultiTroll
09-18-2015, 12:11 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/pittsburgh-pirates-jung-ho-kang-knee-injury-chicago-cubs-leaves-game-091715

MultiTroll
09-18-2015, 12:15 AM
Watch where Coughlan aims and lands his right foot and leg.
Very dirty.

Chris
09-18-2015, 01:30 AM
Totally clean. If you're sliding into 2nd it's solid baseball to try and block or upend the defender if possible to avoid a double play. Injury was a freak accident on a routine play.

MultiTroll
09-18-2015, 09:11 AM
Nonsense. Watch how far out of his way Coughans right leg is compared with how far away from the bag Pirate Chinks left planted foot/leg is.

Combine that with asstard slider has his cleat 8 inches above ground in the air! That's some serious bullshit.
He makes contact with chinks leg half way up his knee.
You go in cleats down if you're gonna take someone out.

Chris
09-18-2015, 02:11 PM
In a statement released by his agent, Alan Nero, Kang said he does not blame the Chicago Cubs' Chris Coghlan, who collided with Kang while trying to break up a double play.

“It is unfortunate that what would be considered heads-up baseball would cause such a serious injury,” Kang said. “That said, Coghlan was playing the game the way it should be played. I'm confident he meant me no harm. I appreciate everyone's support.”

/thread

MultiTroll
09-19-2015, 10:46 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzDDNhmtrG9boBlcKqmMAoO0ePw5Jyb SpYnmmJIP_mA4VxDhVF

MultiTroll
09-19-2015, 10:49 AM
http://www.wcvb.com/image/view/-/35352752/medRes/2/-/maxh/460/maxw/620/-/r8shvu/-/Chris-Coghlan-slides-into-Jung-Ho-Kang-jpg.jpg

lefty20
09-21-2015, 05:25 AM
Cubs don't play dirty, ever. Only Cardinals do, on and off the field.

MultiTroll
09-21-2015, 01:10 PM
In a statement released by his agent, Alan Nero, Kang said he does not blame the Chicago Cubs' Chris Coghlan, who collided with Kang while trying to break up a double play.

“It is unfortunate that what would be considered heads-up baseball would cause such a serious injury,” Kang said. “That said, Coghlan was playing the game the way it should be played. I'm confident he meant me no harm. I appreciate everyone's support.”

/thread
Agree that it was within the rules and that Kang accepts it and interpets as no ill willed motive on Coughans part.

That having been said: “It is unfortunate that what would be considered heads-up baseball would cause such a serious injury,” Kang said.

^^ this is what i agree with. Lame, greedy MLB makes no attempt to alter such injury causing plays. Well, i guess they did modify the home plate collision rule and that has probably already helped. Need to do the same with these 2B take outs. If fielder is in the basepath, oh well that is on him. But this play? No way. Kang was well removed from the bag.

Chris
09-21-2015, 02:52 PM
Agree that it was within the rules and that Kang accepts it and interpets as no ill willed motive on Coughans part.

That having been said: “It is unfortunate that what would be considered heads-up baseball would cause such a serious injury,” Kang said.

^^ this is what i agree with. Lame, greedy MLB makes no attempt to alter such injury causing plays. Well, i guess they did modify the home plate collision rule and that has probably already helped. Need to do the same with these 2B take outs. If fielder is in the basepath, oh well that is on him. But this play? No way. Kang was well removed from the bag.

I'm with ya, because it is in essence, a dirty move. I think it is something they will look at during the offseason just like when league darling Buster Posey got injured on a collision at home plate. They are caught between preserving the "integrity" of the game, that old-school hard nosed mentality or keeping these kids safe.

Pelicans78
10-03-2015, 09:40 AM
It was definitely cheap. Should have taken one to the earhole.