PDA

View Full Version : Jan Vesely seems intriguing

Kawhitstorm
09-18-2015, 04:29 PM
He seems to have finally figured it out & has been very impressive in Euro FIBA. Would be very interesting prospect as Diaw's replacement.

testies
09-18-2015, 04:31 PM
Does he fit in with Rique, though? By that I mean, can he set 5 picks in a row for him, and receive a bail out pass while being sandwiched by 3 players with two seconds left in shot clock and make a bucket?

random21
09-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Does he fit in with Rique, though? By that I mean, can he set 5 picks in a row for him, and receive a bail out pass while being sandwiched by 3 players with two seconds left in shot clock and make a bucket?

Damn truth bomb ^

TheGreatYacht
09-18-2015, 05:27 PM
Of course he'd seem intriguing to you, you're a faggot.

apalisoc_9
09-18-2015, 05:41 PM

easily one of the better post this summer.

Kawhitstorm
09-18-2015, 05:53 PM
Of course he'd seem intriguing to you, you're a faggot.

I'm at your house fuckin your sister meanwhile you're in the other room rubbing your dick.

Chinook
09-18-2015, 06:17 PM
Jan at least was completely reliant on his athleticism, so going from being a freak in Europe to being just an above-average athlete in the NBA really hurt him. I'm not surprised he's doing well again, but I also don't know how much his skill level has improved. I'd be intrigued by him next off-season to complete with Milutinov for a rotation spot.

DrunkTXLabrat
09-18-2015, 10:14 PM
lol

baseline bum
09-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Can we get Nikoloz Tskitishvili too?

DrunkTXLabrat
09-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Kawhistorm, can i interest you in joining the church of the timberwolf saints?

Kawhitstorm
09-19-2015, 11:17 AM
Can we get Nikoloz Tskitishvili too?

Niko actually has a camp invite courtesy of Doc Rivers, lol.

Kawhistorm, can i interest you in joining the church of the timberwolf saints?

I'm an atheist who has no interest in joining any type of church.

Kawhitstorm
10-06-2015, 02:08 AM
He just took a dump on the Nets frontline.

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-06-2015, 02:15 AM
I was surprised by how improved he looked skill-wise. He certainly will find his way back to the NBA at some point. Can be a very decent 4th big.

Kawhitstorm
10-06-2015, 03:08 AM
I was surprised by how improved he looked skill-wise. He certainly will find his way back to the NBA at some point. Can be a very decent 4th big.

He would be a great energy guy off the bench somewhat like a rich man's Tyler Hansbrough (that spot is currently occupied by Bonner:bang). I'm pretty sure his agent has seen what Pop was able to do for Baynes after getting his hands on him midway through his career.

TheCerebral1
10-06-2015, 07:05 AM
He couldn't do anything in Washington with max minutes. Perhaps he could be a camp invite. But, I'm sorry he was terrible in his two years or so in Washington.

exstatic
10-06-2015, 07:22 AM
He couldn't do anything in Washington with max minutes. Perhaps he could be a camp invite. But, I'm sorry he was terrible in his two years or so in Washington.

This.

Vesely

sucks

ass

Spur-Addict
10-06-2015, 11:46 AM
:lol Vesely

Kawhitstorm
10-06-2015, 01:30 PM

He's an energy guy & they were trying to feature him. Vesely would basically be Baynes 2.0 in the Spurs system.

Raven
10-06-2015, 01:38 PM
can he make a ft or a jumper now?

Kawhitstorm
10-06-2015, 01:47 PM
can he make a ft or a jumper now?

He's Tiago status in those categories but he a versatile defender & can finish at the rim w/ the best of them. He has found his niche as an energy man kind of like Chris "Birdman" Anderson & with all the geezers on the team a lad like Vesely wouldn't hurt.

Raven
10-06-2015, 02:41 PM
He's Tiago status in those categories but he a versatile defender & can finish at the rim w/ the best of them. He has found his niche as an energy man kind of like Chris "Birdman" Anderson & with all the geezers on the team a lad like Vesely wouldn't hurt.

so he's still shit. call me when he can make at least .75 from ft, there is no niche for sf with thabeet hands

Kawhitstorm
10-06-2015, 03:13 PM
so he's still shit. call me when he can make at least .75 from ft, there is no niche for sf with thabeet hands

He's a POWER FORWARD that was a project small forward when he was drafted...dude is the same size as Tiago & can move his feet just as well on defense if not better. He just has a better postup game/motor, better shooting form, can run down the floor better & is an elite finisher at the rim. I'm not sure where you got th Thabeet hand from b/c that wasn't his issue. He just made rookie mistakes & his confidence was shot but that's what happens to project players on a lotto team. Playing in Euro has helped his confidence & Bball IQ as it was evident during Euro FIBA & the pre-season game.

Worst case scenario for him right now is that he ends up being Mason Plumlee 2.0 which isn't bad for a 4th/5th big (aka the Bonner/Baynes spot).

Raven
10-06-2015, 03:17 PM
He's a POWER FORWARD that was a project small forward when he was drafted...dude is the same size as Tiago & can move his feet just as well on defense if not better. He just has a better postup game/motor, better shooting form, can run down the floor better & is an elite finisher at the rim. I'm not sure where you got th Thabeet hand from b/c that wasn't his issue. He just made rookie mistakes & his confidence was shot but that's what happens to project players on a lotto team.

i've seen him play even before he came to the nba and was very heavy on the fact that he would be a massive bust. He has absolutely stone made hands and is not going to score on any half court set. Sure, he is tall and fast, but that's really all he is. He has the tools to be a good player, but until he can shoot at least from 5ft he is not usable at all, because he would not beat anyone in the paint in the nba.

Kawhitstorm
10-06-2015, 04:08 PM
i've seen him play even before he came to the nba and was very heavy on the fact that he would be a massive bust. He has absolutely stone made hands and is not going to score on any half court set. Sure, he is tall and fast, but that's really all he is. He has the tools to be a good player, but until he can shoot at least from 5ft he is not usable at all, because he would not beat anyone in the paint in the nba.

LoL at judging a player based on what you saw of him as a teenager & 7 footer not being able to shoot meaning they can't play in the NBA. He could used in PnRs just like Tiago & he can actually punish smaller defenders in the post unlike Splitter. He is currently no worse than Mason Plumlee who was All-Rookie 1st team & played for Team USA. Vesely doesn't even bother shooting 3 nowaday but he has a decent mid-range shot unlike Tiago/Plumlee & has found a niche as an energy guy rather than masquerading as a 7ft small forward. He also more mature & doesn't make careless rookie mistakes.

This was him yesterday giving Brook Lopez (an All-Star NBA center) the business:

rsZ3aK_eESI

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-07-2015, 01:57 AM
A season in Europe will help him massively. He was drafted too early and had too much burden on his shoulders. He was also in a bad situation and with bad coaching in Washington. He's the sort of guy you take in the 20s and leave in Europe for a couple of years, then bring back and hope he could be a Splitter or a Mirotic.

Kawhitstorm
10-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Vs. OKC (Kanter):

gFhrQ5hnh8I

exstatic
10-11-2015, 07:35 AM
Still a scrub. Kanter is one of the MAIN reasons that OKC isn't going anywhere this year. He's a fucking turnstile on D.

ceperez
10-11-2015, 07:48 AM
Surprised that he's only 25. Well who knows. Too many players get into the NBA too young and aren't able to develop their game.

Texas_Ranger
10-11-2015, 09:02 AM
He's a beast in Europe, but he just can't play in the NBA.

picnroll
10-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Sure not seeing the bad hands or shooting issues in those videos. I'd take him over Bonner even if he only had one leg.

Raven
10-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Vs. OKC (Kanter):

gFhrQ5hnh8I

very convenient to avoid the misses :lol I went back to check the boxscore, he was -22 while "cancer" was +26 in 18 minutes. Game was lost by 30.He seems to be improving though.

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 02:50 PM
very convenient to avoid the misses :lol I went back to check the boxscore, he was -22 while "cancer" was +26 in 18 minutes. Game was lost by 30.He seems to be improving though.

Another idiot using raw +/- to prove his argument. Just evaluate his skill-sets & performance against legit NBA players, if you are keeping score in pre-season then you need to reevaluate your life. OKC should smoke a 2nd tier Euro team by 50 & Bonner would be also +50 if he was playing alongside Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka. Mason Plumlee is starting for the Blazers & dude put up a goose egg against the Kings.....the guy was All-Rookie 1st team but I would have to say Vesely has surpassed him. Vesely is the same tier of player as Aron Baynes, he's just not 275lbs.

BD24
10-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Biggest problem with Jan when he came in the league was basketball iq. He just didn't seem to know what the fuck he was doing when he was out there, he was also very thin so would have trouble banging with the big boys.

He seems to of put on some weight though and if his iq has improved that would be a giant plus. He looked pretty smooth on that fade away in the first video. Hell I think the kid is only what maybe 22 or 23? With his improved iq and putting on some size I wouldn't have a problem with the Spurs taking a flyer on him. Hes a freak athlete with great upside who can probably be had fairly cheap at this point. As Storm said he could be a nice energy guy/post defender coming off the bench.

exstatic
10-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Against NBA rotation players who care, he can't get his shot off. Forget his +/-, just look at his pitiful NBA stats. He was so pathetic and scared, he would literally play hot potato with the ball to get rid of it so he wouldn't have to shoot FTs.

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 06:38 PM
Against NBA rotation players who care, he can't get his shot off. Forget his +/-, just look at his pitiful NBA stats. He was so pathetic and scared, he would literally play hot potato with the ball to get rid of it so he wouldn't have to shoot FTs.

Idiot, he's playing against NBA STARTERS in the preseason let alone rotation players. He also played well in FIBA. Jeff Ayres couldn't even produce in summer league but yet was on the roster & now you have Mason Plumlee starting at center for the Blazers.

You are bringing up stats from 2 years ago when he was playing for teams in turmoil.
-Was Aron Baynes in the league before he was 25? No; Tiago? No; Gary Neal? No
-Danny got cut by two teams & became a key starter on a championship contender in a matter of 2 years.
-Patty was playing in China before he got picked up

He got was drafted way too high for a guy that was just a freak athlete but was supposed to play SMALL FORWARD. The Wizards passed on Kawhi/Klay/Butler even though they were drafting for a wing player......so that will tell you all you need to know about their talent evaluation. They never developed him & assumed he knew how to play from day 1, when he didn't they labeled as a bust & shipped him out.

BD24
10-11-2015, 08:27 PM
Storm do you know if he just inked a new contract in Europe? Wondering how much a buyout would cost. If minimal I think hes worth a gamble.

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Storm do you know if he just inked a new contract in Europe? Wondering how much a buyout would cost. If minimal I think hes worth a gamble.

He's probably not worth considering until next summer since he would need training camp. Assuming Bonner will definitely be gone next season Vesely could be a decent upgrade.