PDA

View Full Version : Is Spurs Tony Parker playing too much overseas?

Mikeanaro
09-18-2015, 05:09 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/san_antonio_spurs_is_parker_playing_overseas_too_m uch/s1_7899_19559611 (http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/san_antonio_spurs_is_parker_playing_overseas_too_m uch/s1_7899_19559611)

I though they said Porker was gonna be monitored during his Europe games to avoid stressing injuries and all that jazz, Im so fed up with this bullshit he is leading the team in minutes, France has lots of NBA players this guy is the epitome of ME ME ME.

TheGreatYacht
09-18-2015, 05:25 PM
:cry he controls his minutes just like does to Kawhi's :cry

OP is a giant faggot.

Mikeanaro
09-18-2015, 05:39 PM
Kiwi is a legit FMVP and he is just 24 years old, the faggot is the french one Im telling you.

apalisoc_9
09-18-2015, 05:40 PM
and the assholes in sourstalk had the audacity to complain about Manu wanting to play for Argentina...faggots I swear.

KL2
09-18-2015, 06:06 PM
Parker is a team cancer, sleeps with teammates wives, doesn't listen to the organization's requests to not play in the summer, ball hogs, on top of it all he gets paid way too much. Without Duncan and the Spurs he'd just be some obese frenchman, they made this guy a multi-millionaire, and this is how he repays them? I don't know how anybody could support this guy.

aal04
09-19-2015, 12:00 AM
Im pretty sure he didnt play any basketball at Fiba

T_L_P
09-19-2015, 01:28 AM
It's an awkward one.

If Parker doesn't play summer basketball, he comes back to camp fat and out of shape (see last season).

If he does play he puts unnecessary pressure on his basketball muscles so he comes to camp tired (and still out of shape).

It sucks that we're paying a guy $15 million a year and he can't even stay fit without having to play basketball. I think the FO knows this, so they let him play.

Harry Callahan
09-19-2015, 07:18 AM
October can't get here soon enough.....

Parker hopefully won't have the hamstring problems that dogged him last year.

Not playing at all this summer would have been a bad idea for him.

Parker will be the third or fourth leading scorer on the team this year (12-14 PPG). He is capable of doing that and he does not have to carry the team like he did four or five years ago to be effective.

Getting Aldrige for nothing (outside of cap space) and having continuing improvement from the younger players (Leonard, McCallum, Green, Mills, Anderson) will more than offset any decline from the older guys.

Beside, Duncan will continue to be bionic.

Yuixafun
09-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Honestly, if he's healthy, he needed to get reaquainted with his new body mechanics and knock off the rust.

I'd rather he do it in International ball than during the season.

And maybe this humiliating showing is enough to humble that proud fucker into evolving

Blue Duck
09-19-2015, 06:06 PM
Short answer, yes. Year round basketball has never been the ideal recipe for career longevity. It drove me nuts with Manu also (2008, ughhhhh).

YGWHI
09-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Not sure, but was the purpose of Parker playing this summer? Gain confidence? Help France to qualify for Olympics?

He didn't have a great tournament, he's getting a lot of criticism for his play which isn't good for his confidence, France didn't qualify and need to play another qualifying tournament...

Kawhitstorm
09-19-2015, 08:34 PM
If he wasn't playing he would have been licking glazed donuts.

Spurtacular
09-20-2015, 03:10 AM
Feel free to break down, Parker; more minutes for up and comers like Andersen, Jimmer, Simmons as well as Mills.

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 04:38 AM
Feel free to break down, Parker; more minutes for up and comers like Andersen, Jimmer, Simmons as well as Mills.

......None of whom have run an NBA offense unlike RM.

spurs10
09-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Parker is a team cancer, sleeps with teammates wives, doesn't listen to the organization's requests to not play in the summer, ball hogs, on top of it all he gets paid way too much. Without Duncan and the Spurs he'd just be some obese frenchman, they made this guy a multi-millionaire, and this is how he repays them? I don't know how anybody could support this guy. Support this guy? He's the point guard for the Spurs. If you are a Spurs fan you have been supporting him.
:flag:

tholdren
09-20-2015, 01:56 PM
no, the more he plays the less he eats

Spurtacular
09-20-2015, 03:26 PM
......None of whom have run an NBA offense unlike RM.

Jimmer has played more point than SG in his career, dude. And seriously, lay of McCallum's nuts. Dude's nothing special.

Also, I wasn't implying they'd all be playing point. They can play with Manu, Mills, JIMMER AT POINT, et fucking cetera.

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Jimmer has played more point than SG in his career, dude. And seriously, lay of McCallum's nuts. Dude's nothing special.

Also, I wasn't implying they'd all be playing point. They can play with Manu, Mills, JIMMER AT POINT, et fucking cetera.

Idiot, the team needs a true PG since Porker is going to be out of commission & Manu has one foot in a grave. There is no need for an undersized gunner when Patty is on the roster, meanwhile RM is the only true backup PG on the roster. We all saw faux point guards (Neal/Mason) trying to run the point when Manu was injured.

LoL @ Jimmer playing more point than SG in his NBA career. That's like saying Neal was a point guard when he was playing alongside Manu.

Silver&Black
09-20-2015, 03:45 PM
You people act like you've got the right to decide what another man does with his life....

If he wants to play for his country...he has the right to do so. It's not your decision to make.

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 03:47 PM
You people act like you've got the right to decide what another man does with his life....

If he wants to play for his country...he has the right to do so. It's not your decision to make.

Last I checked NBA team's have the FINAL say (per CBA).

Silver&Black
09-20-2015, 03:51 PM

Are you a NBA team???

Spurtacular
09-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Idiot, the team needs a true PG since Porker is going to be out of commission & Manu has one foot in a grave. There is no need for an undersized gunner when Patty is on the roster, meanwhile RM is the only true backup PG on the roster. We all saw faux point guards (Neal/Mason) trying to run the point when Manu was injured.

LoL @ Jimmer playing more point than SG in his NBA career. That's like saying Neal was a point guard when he was playing alongside Manu.

A "true point guard". Most teams have at least some line-ups, nowadays, that utilize two capable guards instead of a traditional PG role. But putting that aside, RM doesn't even play the point better than Jimmer, tbh. If one wanted to make that argument, it would be a marginal argument at best.

"An undersized gunner." :lol --McCallum's the same height as Jimmer, genius.

Fredette has played plenty of point. Mason/Neal were never points or anything of the like. Are you seriously this fucking stupid to try and make the comparison or are you just trolling?

aal04
09-20-2015, 04:48 PM
I havent seen Parker play any type of basketball in the last 2 years

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 04:52 PM
A "true point guard". Most teams have at least some line-ups, nowadays, that utilize two capable guards instead of a traditional PG role. But putting that aside, RM doesn't even play the point better than Jimmer, tbh. If one wanted to make that argument, it would be a marginal argument at best.

"An undersized gunner." :lol --McCallum's the same height as Jimmer, genius.

Fredette has played plenty of point. Mason/Neal were never points or anything of the like. Are you seriously this fucking stupid to try and make the comparison or are you just trolling?

Idiot, RM can breakdown defenses & penetrate MUCH BETTER than Jimmer which is important in today's PnR happy NBA. FOH, w/ your nostalgic ass trying to evaluate Jimmer based on his college career. Last I checked Adam Morrison is no longer in the league but I'm pretty sure you are still following his career & truly believe he's NBA material.

RM isn't a good shooter & is in the NBA meanwhile Jimmer is an all-world shooter keeps getting waived b/c of he flawed release to even be an end of the bench guy. I'm pretty sure RC traded for RM because RM is an undersized gunner who provides nothing besides shooting.

ElNono
09-20-2015, 04:56 PM

Don't know where you "checked" that, but they don't and have not for a long time, unless the player is injured.

The CBA actually strictly prohibits teams from even trying to dissuade players from playing with their NT.

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 05:06 PM
Don't know where you "checked" that, but they don't and have not for a long time, unless the player is injured.

The CBA actually strictly prohibits teams from even trying to dissuade players from playing with their NT.

So are we assuming Porker is healthy despite him grabbing his thigh multiple times during a game?

TD 21
09-20-2015, 05:06 PM
:lol Why can't people realize that a player can play one position on offense and another on defense? Fredette is a perfect example: He's an SG on offense, but PG is as close as he has to a defensive position, just based on his stature. Really, he's the type you hide on a spot up shooter, who lacks both an off the dribble and post up game, regardless of whether they're a PG, SG or SF.

ElNono
09-20-2015, 05:10 PM
So are we assuming Porker is healthy despite him grabbing his thigh multiple times during a game?

Why do we have to assume he was injured? Maybe this is what old Parker looks like. Every player is going to get banged up during competition.

The Spurs have a fairly recent case of preventing one of their players from playing with the NT due to injury. I have to think that if they did not intervene this time, they did their due diligence and Tony was healthy.

Spurtacular
09-20-2015, 05:23 PM
RM can breakdown defenses & penetrate MUCH BETTER than Jimmer

Nope. Dude's not a Cojo or Parker. He can do that some (Just like Jimmer can); but that's not his game. He 's a bring the ball up and pass it to the wing guy. And Jimmer is much more of a threat on pick and rolls than RM.

Mikeanaro
09-20-2015, 07:28 PM
Grabbing his thigh? didnt know about that maybe he was saving face (as usual).

K...
09-20-2015, 09:03 PM
Lol we needed to recruit gobert. Hopefully Parker told him to leave Mormon Ville and hunt Latinas (not like Malone).

And please, leave the jimmzer talk to other threads...But lol at jimmer being "sg on off, pg on dff" how about sg on off, and not even a basketball player on d. Ray is legit on both side. That's the thing, Jimmy can never hope to be a positive player until he can guard backup pg at least. I'm not a jimz hater, I just think he's a border line active roster player, while Ray will suit up and likely get minutes in every game and starts

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 11:02 PM
Nope. Dude's not a Cojo or Parker. He can do that some (Just like Jimmer can); but that's not his game. He 's a bring the ball up and pass it to the wing guy. And Jimmer is much more of a threat on pick and rolls than RM.

FOH...RM is a quick/crafty guard who consistently finds a way to get into the paint despite not having a dependable jumper ala CoJO (who was hesitant to drive b/c he lacked handles). On the other hand, Jimmer is only a decent PnR option only if the defenders are stupid enough to go under the screen & not force him to drive which often times hasn't happened except against garbage teams & in garbage time.

VxbN6-INEYA

Spurtacular
09-21-2015, 12:58 AM
FOH...RM is a quick/crafty guard who consistently finds a way to get into the paint despite not having a dependable jumper ala CoJO (who was hesitant to drive b/c he lacked handles). On the other hand, Jimmer is only a decent PnR option only if the defenders are stupid enough to go under the screen & not force him to drive which often times hasn't happened except against garbage teams & in garbage time.

VxbN6-INEYA

RM is a bad shooter and a bad defender who doesn't have great court vision or passing skills. You're only talking him up cos you want to hate on Jimmer.

To put it bluntly, RM has already hit his ceiling.

Jimmer is instant offense ala Mills.

Clipper Nation
09-21-2015, 02:09 AM
As always, Porker was faking an injury because he was getting shitted on and his teammates were outplaying him. Remember the sore asscheek he sat out for weeks with last year?

Kawhitstorm
09-21-2015, 07:44 AM
RM is a bad shooter and a bad defender who doesn't have great court vision or passing skills. You're only talking him up cos you want to hate on Jimmer.

To put it bluntly, RM has already hit his ceiling.

Jimmer is instant offense ala Mills.

Holla' at me when Jimmer stops getting waived & has a fully guaranteed contract despite being in the league for 5 yrs. Jimmer hit his ceiling in college, too bad the NBA isn't the NCAA. Maybe he should give Europe a shot, I heard Turkey has a decent pro league. Meanwhile RM has improved every season (despite playing at an insane asylum) which is something that can't be said for Jimmer who is coming off the worst season of his career (despite playing for a playoff team), talk about hitting rock bottom. The truth of the matter is that Jimmer is the closest thing to Adam Morrison since Adam Morrison, so deal w/ it.

Brazil
09-21-2015, 07:55 AM
As always, Porker was faking an injury because he was getting shitted on and his teammates were outplaying him. Remember the sore asscheek he sat out for weeks with last year?

I never saw a clipper fan with this amount of interest about a Spur player tbh :lmao

My TeamLos Angeles Clippers

:lmao

Spurtacular
09-21-2015, 12:46 PM
Holla' at me when Jimmer stops getting waived & has a fully guaranteed contract despite being in the league for 5 yrs. Jimmer hit his ceiling in college, too bad the NBA isn't the NCAA. Maybe he should give Europe a shot, I heard Turkey has a decent pro league. Meanwhile RM has improved every season (despite playing at an insane asylum) which is something that can't be said for Jimmer who is coming off the worst season of his career (despite playing for a playoff team), talk about hitting rock bottom. The truth of the matter is that Jimmer is the closest thing to Adam Morrison since Adam Morrison, so deal w/ it.

Every season? He's played two season, dude.

:lol at the overseas and AMMO talk; you're just throwing sh** against a wall and seeing what sticks.

And apalisoc_9; grow a pair and take me on with your real screen name. Cos I'm done dealing with your lame ass sock.

Kawhitstorm
09-21-2015, 04:16 PM
Every season? He's played two season, dude.

:lol at the overseas and AMMO talk; you're just throwing sh** against a wall and seeing what sticks.

And apalisoc_9; grow a pair and take me on with your real screen name. Cos I'm done dealing with your lame ass sock.

No need to throw shit in you face b/c you are full of it.

kaji157
09-21-2015, 06:21 PM
Some facts to add to the discussion:

Manu played 8 mayor tournaments for Argentina, 2 of them before he was a Spur. The last one were the London Olympics.

In 13 years as a Spur he played 6 Major International Tournaments. He reached the Final or 3rd place Game in all of those tournaments.

Tony played 10 Major International Tournaments for France. The last one this year.

In 14 years as a Spur Tony played 9 of those tournaments. He reached the Finals or 3rd place game in 5 of those tournaments.

(The first Tournament he played was the same year he became a Spur but previous of him joining the team).

Source: http://archive.fiba.com/

Kawhitstorm
09-21-2015, 06:27 PM
The question should be is he licking too many doughnuts & fucking too many players' wives instead of conditioning.