PDA

View Full Version : The official Leonard Fournette just ran over somebody again thread

Silver&Black
09-19-2015, 05:28 PM
:worthy: Best RB in College Football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFymM8L6JBs

Darth_Pelican
09-19-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm just leaving campus. The heat was unbearable at the game but watching Fournette was worth it. I haven't seen a college player this good in a very long time. He's special.

pgardn
09-19-2015, 09:32 PM
He is very very good. Peterson type back. Heisman waiting for him.

Auburn however, cannot tackle worth a shit.
They are really bad.

The Ohio St. kid is not close to the Fournette level.

Silver&Black
09-20-2015, 04:39 PM
:wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6u5AyGSJJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB9ukZMLl_w

Kermit
09-20-2015, 06:35 PM
Fournette is special. Pleasure to watch.

spankadelphia
09-20-2015, 07:43 PM
:worthy:

The offensive line is opening some mack truck sized holes for him. Hope they keep it up.

Silver&Black
09-20-2015, 08:00 PM
:worthy:

The offensive line is opening some mack truck sized holes for him. Hope they keep it up.

If you guys get ANY kind of a passing game going...it's going to be scary for the rest of the West.

Silver&Black
09-27-2015, 12:44 AM
26 rushes, 244 yards, 2 TD, an 88 yarder called back for illegal formation

:wow

Avante
09-27-2015, 08:05 AM
His speed/power combo right there with Walker, Jackson and Dupree. While not as fast as those three he does appear to be a bit more elusive.

Next up Eastern Michigan, here he could gain 300 but I'd get him his 100 to keep his Heisman chances alive (could have that about the half) then rest him.

Up until now the greatest season ever seen by an LSU back was way back in the day and Billy Cannon who you would win the Heisman. Would you believe that white cat was actually faster than Fournette?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIHdlAg4Uic

Cannon played both ways. Ran a 9.5 on the track team, the WR was 9.3 in his day.

The most powerful back I've ever seen was Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill, out of Southern U. As a KC Chief he averaged over 5 yards a carry between the tackles. He ran as if the defense had said something about his mama. He hated to go down, fought for every yard.

A knee injury stopped him, and, he died on the operating table.

Silver&Black
09-27-2015, 11:27 AM
Billy Cannon

Can you still believe that to this very day Ole Miss fans despise the thought of Billy Cannon? That one punt return still cuts deep for Ole Miss fans 55+ years later.

My brother and his friends are huge Ole Miss fans...they cuss out Billy Cannon every time his name is mentioned.

Avante
09-27-2015, 11:50 AM
Can you still believe that to this very day Ole Miss fans despise the thought of Billy Cannon? That one punt return still cuts deep for Ole Miss fans 55+ years later.

My brother and his friends are huge Ole Miss fans...they cuss out Billy Cannon every time his name is mentioned.

No more passionate fans in the country than in the south. Yep, I see that with any long time Ole Miss fan.

While he didn't tear the pros up he did lead the old AFL in rushing one season. Ended up playing TE.

Silver&Black
09-30-2015, 07:55 PM
I'm just leaving campus. The heat was unbearable at the game but watching Fournette was worth it. I haven't seen a college player this good in a very long time. He's special.

What's this crap I'm hearing today about Fournette bypassing next year to save himself for the pros?

You hear this today also?

benefactor
09-30-2015, 08:05 PM
What's this crap I'm hearing today about Fournette bypassing next year to save himself for the pros?

So what's he going to do? Sit a whole year out?

Silver&Black
09-30-2015, 08:56 PM
So what's he going to do? Sit a whole year out?

Let me clarify...Fournette didn't say this....and I don't know who first put it out there. But, Fournette had to came out today and say that he "wouldn't jump ship" and leave the team and plans to play next year.

Then I heard them comparing him to Clowney and how his draft stock could fall if he got injured or didn't play well. Which made no sense to me. (morons on the radio tbh....Clowney's draft stock didn't fall....he went #1 overall)

Basically, I think it's just another attempt to bring up the College Football Players should be paid or allowed to leave early debate.

pgardn
09-30-2015, 09:04 PM
Let me clarify...Fournette didn't say this....and I don't know who first put it out there. But, Fournette had to came out today and say that he "wouldn't jump ship" and leave the team and plans to play next year.

Then I heard them comparing him to Clowney and how his draft stock could fall if he got injured or didn't play well. Which made no sense to me. (morons on the radio tbh....Clowney's draft stock didn't fall....he went #1 overall)

Basically, I think it's just another attempt to bring up the College Football Players should be paid or allowed to leave early debate.

I heard this was suggested to him and he said no way because he would not do this to his teammates at LSU and he thinks any pro team who did take him if he pulled this stunt would surely question his love for just playing the game. Then he went on about how much he does love football and could not bear sitting out even if injured.

Silver&Black
09-30-2015, 09:14 PM
I heard this was suggested to him and he said no way because he would not do this to his teammates at LSU and he thinks any pro team who did take him if he pulled this stunt would surely question his love for just playing the game. Then he went on about how much he does love football and could not bear sitting out even if injured.

I just needed to clarify that Fournette didn't say he wasn't going to play next year.

Yeah, that's basically what I heard also. But, who are these people suggesting it to him?

pgardn
09-30-2015, 09:39 PM
I just needed to clarify that Fournette didn't say he wasn't going to play next year.

Yeah, that's basically what I heard also. But, who are these people suggesting it to him?

I can guess.

The fact he has to refute it means something is up.

Wannabe friend/agents... I don't know. Lotta people start to hang on the coattails of a guy this good.

Blake
10-01-2015, 08:24 AM
The problem for him, though, is that because of an NFL rule, Fournette has to wait until after the 2017 season (his third year of NCAA eligibility) to declare for the NFL draft. Fournette is on pace to have one of the best seasons in NCAA history and, as Brandt said, "is ready to play."At the moment, Fournette's draft stock is already extremely high, but it could still grow this season.*Michael Weinreb posited the following hypothetical at Vice Sports: Imagine that this season Fournette wins the Heisman Trophy, breaks the all-time rushing records, and carries LSU to a national championship. His draft stock almost certainly couldn't grow any higher, and he'd have nothing left to prove at the college level.

But with one more year before he can declare for the draft, should he sit out the year to protect himself and his value?

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio wrote*that he thought Fournette should "definitely" take next season off unless the NFL changes its policies (which it won't) or the NCAA starts paying its players for their talents (which it won't). After all, the possibility of an injury could cost Fournette millions of dollars.

The situation calls to mind the No. 1 draft pick in 2013, Jadeveon Clowney, who many thought should sit out the season for the same reasons as Fournette. Clowney ended up playing, but he was frequently double- and triple-teamed, and many speculated that he didn't exert himself fully to protect himself from injury. Given Fournette's position and the fact that he's a workhorse back, another year with a ton of carries will also probably affect his legs in the long-term.As Weinreb wrote, the NFL's three-year rule can be interpreted as an effort to preserve NCAA football and keep it as its own entity. The one-and-done rule in basketball has changed the landscape of college basketball, but it's hard to compare the leap from college to the pros in the two sports simply because the NFL is far more physical.

By and large, three years is the right amount of time for college football players to grow physically and ready themselves for the pros. But there ought to be an exception — let's call it the Clowney Rule — that allows the special cases, the athletic freaks like Fournette, to enter the NFL after two years.

Fans will call Fournette selfish if he doesn't play next season, and so he probably will. But here's another hypothetical: Imagine he tears his ACL on the first play of scrimmage and never makes the pros.*This happened to Marcus Lattimore just a few years ago.

Who, then, would be to blame, other than the NCAA for not paying its players, and the NFL for its archaic rule?

Blake
10-01-2015, 08:43 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/calling-lsu-running-back-quit-154456066.html

Darth_Pelican
10-01-2015, 11:00 AM

Media created counterproductive gossip.

Avante
10-01-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm all for these NCAA guys having to have a degree to play in the NFL. Definately against these guys getting a scholarship then bailing on the school. Without that school giving them a platform to showcase their talents there would be no NFL contract.(99.9% of the time) And, education does come first.

It is too early to ...OH MY GOD LEONARD FOURNETTE!!!!!!....we need to see how he handles a season as "Da Man". Having seen O.J., Walker, Bo and Dupree at the NCAA level, I see no reason to not see him on that level, just not right now. I don't think he has the straight line speed those guys had but other than O.J. he does have more wiggle.

It doesn't matter how many NCAA carries he has or doesn't have, if he's healthy coming out of the NCAA in a few years from now (if he's what he appears to be) he will be the first RB taken in the draft.

Blake
10-01-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm all for these NCAA guys having to have a degree to play in the NFL.

You're such a clueless old fuck.

Avante
10-01-2015, 12:26 PM
As this queer continues to follow me around, sheesh~~~~~

What big paying job doesn't expect credentials? Why should "team" sports be any different?

Athletes know the importance of getting an education and the sport gets an educated guy. If that isn't a win win what is?

Blake
10-01-2015, 03:06 PM
As this queer continues to follow me around, sheesh~~~~~

What big paying job doesn't expect credentials? Why should "team" sports be any different?

Because running a fortune 500 company and running with a brown piece of leather are exactly the same thing.

tlongII
10-01-2015, 03:18 PM
Derrick Henry might be better.

Avante
10-01-2015, 03:59 PM

Henry is too limited, he's not going to all the things that Fournette can do. But, inside the redzone yep, I'd take Henry.

Silver&Black
10-06-2015, 09:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/110157/lsus-fournette-on-an-unprecedented-run

:worthy: Leonard Fournette
:worthy: First player in SEC history to rush for 200+ yards for 3 straight games
:worthy: Leading rusher in the Nation

:lol Even with one less game than everybody else

Vito Corleone
10-07-2015, 05:16 AM
Les Miles has a responsibility to Leonard Fournette to protect him, Leonard comes across as a guy that would rush the ball 30 times a game if he could. It is up to Les to protect his future, by limiting him. I watched Earl in his last year at Texas and every year in the NFL take a crazy amount of punishment. I talked to Earl back in 2009 at an autograph signing Sports Illustrated was putting on at DKR and he was punchy. Like his brain was turned to mush.

I don't want to see that happen to Fournette, he needs to get his money and get out of the sport as fast as possible.

Blake
10-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Les Miles has a responsibility to Leonard Fournette to protect him, Leonard comes across as a guy that would rush the ball 30 times a game if he could. It is up to Les to protect his future, by limiting him. I watched Earl in his last year at Texas and every year in the NFL take a crazy amount of punishment. I talked to Earl back in 2009 at an autograph signing Sports Illustrated was putting on at DKR and he was punchy. Like his brain was turned to mush.

I don't want to see that happen to Fournette, he needs to get his money and get out of the sport as fast as possible.

That's ridiculous. If Les needs him to rush 40 times to get the win so be it.

If he's worried about his mind turning to mush, he needs to quit football.

Vito Corleone
10-07-2015, 11:17 AM
There is a list a mile long of guys who are dead now because of the damage football did to their brain and body.

Your damn right he needs to be concerned just like a baseball manager should be concerned about his Ace pitchers arm.

Avante
10-07-2015, 11:38 AM

Nobody has to play football. I love the game and couldn't care less about injury, fuck it! I played my last tackle game in pads at 42 in a HS alumni game. If I got hurt, fuck it!

If you play the game you know what can happen. It's on you and nobody else. Once you join a team you are saying you don't care about getting hurt, if it happened it happens. That is part of it.

Coachs can't be worried about it other than not playing guys until they are over an injury, but that's it. Sure sure you might wanna take guys out with a big lead, but that's it.

No coach should be trying to protect players other than what I mentioned.

At no time should the NFL have shit to do with what a college coach has his players doing.

pgardn
10-07-2015, 11:44 AM
There is a list a mile long of guys who are dead now because of the damage football did to their brain and body.

Your damn right he needs to be concerned just like a baseball manager should be concerned about his Ace pitchers arm.

Running backs in the NFL are fodder. They have to know this. One has to be a willing gladiator to play this game on a high level. The kid at SF who played linebacker and had a bright future flat out quit.

Blake
10-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Well the manager is worried about the ace pitcher's arm as it affects his ability to win games.

If he's that worried about the quality of life for his player after the sport is over, he shouldn't even play him at all.

spankadelphia
10-07-2015, 03:37 PM
LSU has enough depth at RB that we should never have to see a 35+ carry game out of Fournette. He split carries with 2 senior backs and a freshman last year. Miles just rolls em out.

Vito Corleone
10-07-2015, 05:16 PM
LSU has enough depth at RB that we should never have to see a 35+ carry game out of Fournette. He split carries with 2 senior backs and a freshman last year. Miles just rolls em out.

I'm not a fan of Les Miles, but he is a master at picking assistant coaches. LSU has some of the best assistants in the business. About the only guy I don't like is your OC, the rest are each some of the best in the business.

I'm kinda envious.

Avante
10-08-2015, 01:37 AM
Once upon a time....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6cCXNBeVfc

pgardn
10-08-2015, 07:19 AM
Once upon a time....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6cCXNBeVfc

Once upon a time there was a great running back who ran over linebackers weighing 190 lbs...

This man beat women, reformed, beat people, reformed, and became admired by a 42 year old fat man padding it up for the love of the game.

Ok little guy, ok. This cat wore a knit cap.

Avante
10-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Once upon a time there was a great running back who ran over linebackers weighing 190 lbs...

This man beat women, reformed, beat people, reformed, and became admired by a 42 year old fat man padding it up for the love of the game.

Ok little guy, ok. This cat wore a knit cap.

Linebackers weighing 190 pounds?

Vito Corleone
10-08-2015, 12:07 PM
Linebackers weighing 190 pounds?

Back when Jim Brown played, yes.

Hell in the 70's Jack Lambert played at 228 lbs, Tom Jackson played at 220 lbs. Mike Webster was a 250 lb center for the Steelers. Mean Joe Green was a stout 275 lbs. And I'm pretty sure those numbers were inflated. I pulled them off of old trading cards I have.

Avante
10-08-2015, 12:19 PM
Back when Jim Brown played, yes.

Hell in the 70's Jack Lambert played at 228 lbs, Tom Jackson played at 220 lbs. Mike Webster was a 250 lb center for the Steelers. Mean Joe Green was a stout 275 lbs. And I'm pretty sure those numbers were inflated. I pulled them off of old trading cards I have.

Give me the name of one linebacker in Browns day who was a 190 pounder.

Vito Corleone
10-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Did Jim Brown every play against his own team? Why the Browns? Why not the teams he played against?

Avante
10-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Did Jim Brown every play against his own team? Why the Browns? Why not the teams he played against?

I'm curious about just who were these 190 pound NFL linebackers, I thought you knew?

Sure, way way back when everyone was smaller but in Jim Browns day I don't recall any backers that size. Saw Brown play a ton of times.

spankadelphia
10-09-2015, 12:57 PM
I'm not a fan of Les Miles, but he is a master at picking assistant coaches. LSU has some of the best assistants in the business. About the only guy I don't like is your OC, the rest are each some of the best in the business.

I'm kinda envious.

We've had crappy OC's ever since Jimbo took the FSU job. But yeah, otherwise Miles sure knows how to hire a staff. Frank Wilson, Corey Raymond, Ed Orgeron - all outstanding position coaches and ace recruiters. I'm not sold on our new DC yet, and I'm willing to give Cameron the benefit of the doubt as long as Brandon Harris develops properly under his tutelage. I actually like some of the things I've seen from our offense this year. The execution just isn't quite there yet.

Blake
10-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Good piece on potential legal ramifications of LF betting able to auction off his jersey for South Carolina flood victims

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/10/12/9502681/leonard-fournette-jersey-ncaa-south-carolina

Silver&Black
10-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Good piece on potential legal ramifications of LF betting able to auction off his jersey for South Carolina flood victims

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/10/12/9502681/leonard-fournette-jersey-ncaa-south-carolina

Freakin awesome....nice find.

:tu Leonard Fournette
:td NCAA

spankadelphia
10-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Hope he didn't piss them off. He'd better not so much as take an extra pack of honey mustard with his McDonald's chicken nuggets.

tlongII
11-08-2015, 12:50 PM

Bam

Avante
11-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Put Henry on LSU and Fournette on Bama and we would have seen the exact opposite.

spankadelphia
11-09-2015, 05:55 PM
The Heisman isn't his to lose anymore. He will have to carry LSU to victory the next 3 games to have a shot.

pgardn
11-09-2015, 08:00 PM
Bam

No Fckn way.

Just NO way.

Splits
11-10-2015, 02:40 AM
OP is a faggot

Avante
11-10-2015, 03:21 AM
Let's talk about those great Baylor RB's, Well there was....ah...hmmm?

Blake
11-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Let's talk about those great Baylor RB's, Well there was....ah...hmmm?

Walter Abercrombie.

You don't know shit you fat ol fuck. :lol

Silver&Black
11-11-2015, 01:10 AM
OP is a faggot

:tu

Avante
11-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Walter Abercrombie.

You don't know shit you fat ol fuck. :lol

Look at this dummy,I was...OBVIOUSLY...talking about a "great" RB. Did this idiot really think I thought no Baylor RB had ever played in the NFL, hahaha!!!!!!!!

Is this one dumb fuck or what? Who mentions Frank Pollard?

Dummy has seen me list the best NCAA/NFL back before. What, he forgot?

While in Texas how about....

Andy Hopkins....SFAustin
Warren McVea...Houston
Abner Haynes...North Texas St
Willie Ellison....TSU
Mercury Morris WTS

Blake
11-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Look at this dummy,I was...OBVIOUSLY...talking about a "great" RB.

So was I. You don't know jack shit.

Avante
11-13-2015, 07:32 PM
So was I. You don't know jack shit.

Poor little guy too stupid to realize I am the only guy he will ever know of who can list every school there is and their best ever RB.

What a dumb fuck, ha~~~~~~~~