PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' Kawhi Leonard out for preseason, questionable for opener

SnakeBoy
09-21-2015, 10:20 PM
San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard has an ear infection, and it looks like it will keep him out for the preseason. The infection also makes him questionable for the Spurs' season opener against the Oklahoma City Thunder, and it sounds like absolutely no fun at all.

Leonard only appeared in one preseason game last year, the Spurs' surprising loss to ALBA Berlin on Oct. 8. The Finals MVP had 14 points and seven rebounds in that game, then complained about his eye bothering him after traveling from Germany to Turkey. This year it is his ears that are bothering him.

It's never good to be missing a core player in training camp and the preseason, but San Antonio should be just fine. The organization by all accounts has had an outstanding off season with the addition of LaMarcus Aldridge and David West. The Spurs did want to stretch Leonard a bit more offensively, though, and they might end up having to experiment with that during the regular season rather than in exhibitions.

"It is going back and forth between the two ears," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said Saturday, via the San Antonio Express-News. "It's crazy. Last year it was his eyes and now it’s his ears."

Popovich added “We’re confident he will return sometime early in the season and provide a great boost to the team for several weeks before suffering his annual finger injury”.

Robz4000
09-21-2015, 10:24 PM
:lol oh fuck, I thought this was serious for a moment. Well played...

Arcadian
09-21-2015, 10:25 PM
:lol "annual finger injury"

RD2191
09-21-2015, 10:25 PM
5.5/10

LongtimeSpursFan
09-21-2015, 10:27 PM
Goddammit. Next year it's probably going to be a sinus infection. Dude gets pay raise and is already coasting.

TheGreatYacht
09-21-2015, 10:34 PM
"It is going back and forth between the two ears," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said Saturday, via the San Antonio Express-News. "It's crazy. Last year it was his eyes and now it’s his ears."

Popovich added “We’re confident he will return sometime early in the season and provide a great boost to the team for several weeks before suffering his annual finger injury”.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

K...
09-21-2015, 10:44 PM
So it begins...dude has role player anxiety. He can't imagine what the team will demand of him. Probably overloaded his brain and shit flowed out the ears. I don't know, I'm not a sports doctor but I know, performance anxiety causes stress, stress causes inflammation, inflammation leads to infection and worse.

Ear infection, eye infection, next up is a brain hemorrhage. Here I thought Leonard was only weak kneed, but man dude is positively a medical anomaly, maybe he's still scarred from Matt Barnes hurting him. Oh jeez man I hate to see a kid fail like this, luckily ka has experience and isn't mentally weak.

Get well leonard, but man.......That contract.....yikes hope there's a medical exemption.

ElNono
09-21-2015, 10:45 PM
:lol solid work by OP, tbh

Brazil
09-21-2015, 10:55 PM
:lol

Agloco
09-22-2015, 07:07 AM
:lmao

Fireball
09-22-2015, 07:09 AM
not funny

SupremeGuy
09-22-2015, 07:22 AM
Lame/10

Mal
09-22-2015, 07:27 AM
He just cant hear anymore about shitty Spurstalk posters making retarded thread about him

spursistan
09-22-2015, 07:28 AM
fell for it tbh :lol..Until Kawhi plays +75 game in a season once, this shit will still work..

BillMc
09-22-2015, 07:42 AM
:lolAre you trying to give Apa9 a heart attack?

bklynspursfan
09-22-2015, 08:55 AM
So it begins...dude has role player anxiety. He can't imagine what the team will demand of him. Probably overloaded his brain and shit flowed out the ears. I don't know, I'm not a sports doctor but I know, performance anxiety causes stress, stress causes inflammation, inflammation leads to infection and worse.

Ear infection, eye infection, next up is a brain hemorrhage. Here I thought Leonard was only weak kneed, but man dude is positively a medical anomaly, maybe he's still scarred from Matt Barnes hurting him. Oh jeez man I hate to see a kid fail like this, luckily ka has experience and isn't mentally weak.

Get well leonard, but man.......That contract.....yikes hope there's a medical exemption.

there's 0 truth to this story lol

spursparker9
09-22-2015, 09:03 AM
Do this on Enrique is betta

Budkin
09-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Please, no Eye-AIDS this year!

SPURt
09-22-2015, 12:12 PM
I was bout to say, Spurs are going to need to buy this for when he isn't on the floor:
http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/10/42/73/2240234/7/920x920.jpg

spurs10
09-22-2015, 12:15 PM
Not funny......at first!

Mikeanaro
09-22-2015, 12:59 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/gerbil321/yay.jpg

SAGirl
09-22-2015, 01:05 PM
San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard has an ear infection, and it looks like it will keep him out for the preseason. The infection also makes him questionable for the Spurs' season opener against the Oklahoma City Thunder, and it sounds like absolutely no fun at all.

Leonard only appeared in one preseason game last year, the Spurs' surprising loss to ALBA Berlin on Oct. 8. The Finals MVP had 14 points and seven rebounds in that game, then complained about his eye bothering him after traveling from Germany to Turkey. This year it is his ears that are bothering him.

It's never good to be missing a core player in training camp and the preseason, but San Antonio should be just fine. The organization by all accounts has had an outstanding off season with the addition of LaMarcus Aldridge and David West. The Spurs did want to stretch Leonard a bit more offensively, though, and they might end up having to experiment with that during the regular season rather than in exhibitions.

Not wishing him ill, but this was funny. :lmao
Last years eye infection traveling from one eye to the other was the most inexplicable and unexpected of possible injuries.

Mister Sinister
09-22-2015, 02:00 PM
:lol:lol God fucking damn it.

Godbama
09-22-2015, 02:38 PM
got me for a second you fuck :lol

Chucho
09-22-2015, 04:11 PM
Good lord, how this place continues to sink to new all-time lows daily is beyond me. I guess there is just enough stupid and lame around here to keep compounding. What the fuck do you guys do in the real world?

It used to be a 2-1 ratio of serious threads to dumb threads a few years back and now its a 10-.5 dumb-as-fuck thread ratio to legitimate convo topics.

SnakeBoy
09-22-2015, 04:16 PM
Good lord, how this place continues to sink to new all-time lows daily is beyond me. I guess there is just enough stupid and lame around here to keep compounding. What the fuck do you guys do in the real world?

It used to be a 2-1 ratio of serious threads to dumb threads a few years back and now its a 10-.5 dumb-as-fuck thread ratio to legitimate convo topics.

Well start some serious threads. Maybe a lengthy and serious hypothetical discussion about how LMA will fit in with the Spurs.

Robz4000
09-22-2015, 04:21 PM

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

SnakeBoy
09-22-2015, 04:21 PM

Better yet discuss this serious Spurs article

http://espn.com/articles/spurs_get_serious (http://gifs.gifbin.com/042009/1241026091_youve_been_rickrolled.gif)

09-22-2015, 04:28 PM
and it sounds like absolutely no fun at all.
:lmao

09-22-2015, 04:30 PM

:cry Spursreport.com

Brazil
09-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Well start some serious threads. Maybe a lengthy and serious hypothetical discussion about how LMA will fit in with the Spurs.

tbh...

Mnky
09-22-2015, 07:56 PM
OP with the goods. Take note fanboys.