PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Graham hates playing in Seattle

JohnnyMax
09-22-2015, 10:04 PM
Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman reports Jimmy Graham is "pissed off" and "hates" his role with the Seahawks.

According to Freeman, "several" Seahawks players have informed him of this and it's a "fact." Graham allegedly "hates what's happening in Seattle" where he's "barely looked at in the passing game." Through two games, Graham has just 10 targets, which is 15th among tight ends. We could see the target dip coming as soon as it was announced he was traded to the Seahawks, but not in this fashion. Russell Wilson has attempted more than 30 passes in each of the first two games, yet Graham doesn't have much to show for it. It's not like he's being asked to block more; per PFF, Graham has blocked on 31.7 percent of his snaps. He blocked on 30.5 percent of his snaps in New Orleans last season.

Source: Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2570855-insider-buzz-jimmy-graham-questioning-why-seattle-signed-him-hates-his-role)

HarlemHeat37
09-22-2015, 10:09 PM
:lol not sure what he expected from a game manager at QB, tbh..

Seahawks offense is playing at a level that was expected with Lynch's decline and a mediocre O-line..

HI-FI
09-22-2015, 10:10 PM
had to pass on him during fantasy draft, i don't trust a system QB putting up numbers unless it's Brady.

Clipper Nation
09-22-2015, 10:13 PM
More proof that Struggle is a cancer. There's a reason he compared himself to Enrique Porker last year :lol

spurraider21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=31905) Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483) get in here and :downspin: this shit!

HarlemHeat37
09-22-2015, 10:13 PM
More proof that Struggle is a cancer. There's a reason he compared himself to Enrique Porker last year :lol

:lol that quote will feed us for eternity, tbh..

Clipper Nation
09-22-2015, 10:14 PM
:lol that quote will feed us for eternity, tbh..

Meanwhile, Porker will feed himself for an eternity.

Clipper Nation
09-22-2015, 10:15 PM
"I watch a lot of guys," Wilson said. "I watch guys like [San Antonio Spurs player] Tony Parker in terms of his point-guard ability and how he freezes out Kawhi. I always tell my quarterback coaches, 'Playing quarterback is just like being Tony Parker. You're just denying the ball to the right guy all the time.'"

Chris
09-22-2015, 10:20 PM
He misses those cupcakes from Brees tbh He needs to run shorter routes so game manager can see where he's at on the field

pgardn
09-22-2015, 10:41 PM
"I watch a lot of guys," Wilson said. "I watch guys like [San Antonio Spurs player] Tony Parker in terms of his point-guard ability and how he freezes out Kawhi. I always tell my quarterback coaches, 'Playing quarterback is just like being Tony Parker. You're just denying the ball to the right guy all the time.'"

Obssesive compulsive poster child...

SuperCam
09-22-2015, 11:53 PM
tired of a fake ass house nigga running the show and stealing the glory, tbh

Infinite_limit
09-23-2015, 05:09 AM
Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman reports Jimmy Graham is "pissed off" and "hates" his role with the Seahawks.

According to Freeman, "several" Seahawks players have informed him of this and it's a "fact." Graham allegedly "hates what's happening in Seattle" where he's "barely looked at in the passing game." Through two games, Graham has just 10 targets, which is 15th among tight ends. We could see the target dip coming as soon as it was announced he was traded to the Seahawks, but not in this fashion. Russell Wilson has attempted more than 30 passes in each of the first two games, yet Graham doesn't have much to show for it. It's not like he's being asked to block more; per PFF, Graham has blocked on 31.7 percent of his snaps. He blocked on 30.5 percent of his snaps in New Orleans last season.

Source: Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2570855-insider-buzz-jimmy-graham-questioning-why-seattle-signed-him-hates-his-role)
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/thumbnails/blog_2261/pt_2261_524_o.jpg

Raven
09-23-2015, 06:36 AM
well, he was traded there, so it's not really his fault. It should get better with time though, it was similar with Crap

SanAntonioSpurs23
09-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Ryan Grigson is Probably already on the line offering up a first rounder for Graham.

The Colts philosophy on getting better is just getting more skill position players! You would think the FO would be able to figure it out by now, same shit happened in the Manning era.

Btw :lol Wilson fucking sucks.

Trainwreck2100
09-23-2015, 12:24 PM
They'll force feed him Sunday against that shit bears team

spurraider21
09-23-2015, 01:43 PM
Ryan Grigson is Probably already on the line offering up a first rounder for Graham.

The Colts philosophy on getting better is just getting more skill position players! You would think the FO would be able to figure it out by now, same shit happened in the Manning era.

Btw :lol Wilson fucking sucks.
How's Andrew cuck doing?

Clipper Nation
09-23-2015, 02:35 PM
How's Andrew cuck doing?
Colts with Struggle: 0-16. Actually, I'll be generous and give them 2 wins, since that's how many games they won last time they had a Struggle-caliber player at QB (Curtis Painter).

Seahawks with Luck: en route to a threepeat

spurraider21
09-23-2015, 02:39 PM
lol

https://i.gyazo.com/36e4120afc152518945091b43cb578c9.png

DPG21920
09-23-2015, 03:43 PM
lol

https://i.gyazo.com/36e4120afc152518945091b43cb578c9.png

What's your point with this? Are you implying Russ is better than Luck? Luck having an awful start to the season in no way makes Russ better & I think even you know you wouldn't take Russ over Luck - so what's the point?

spurraider21
09-23-2015, 03:47 PM
What's your point with this? Are you implying Russ is better than Luck? Luck having an awful start to the season in no way makes Russ better & I think even you know you wouldn't take Russ over Luck - so what's the point?
no, i'm not. i've long been aboard the luck > wilson train. the only person that isn't is probably avante

something about throwing stones and having a glass home... when it comes to ppl bagging on wilson for seattle's poor start

DPG21920
09-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Luck definitely deserves some blame, but he has to do so much more with less. Not only is his offensive line worse, but his skill positions too. Luck could (and normally does) do more with less, but he's in a rough spot IMO. But he's made some bad decisions in games 1 & 2 and deserves some heat for his play.

spurraider21
09-23-2015, 04:20 PM
colts were a top tier passing team last year and used their first rounder on a receiver. hard to blame their skill positions. they have OL woes, but its not like seattle's has been playing well either. even lynch is struggling behind that line

DPG21920
09-23-2015, 04:23 PM
colts were a top tier passing team last year and used their first rounder on a receiver. hard to blame their skill positions. they have OL woes, but its not like seattle's has been playing well either. even lynch is struggling behind that line

Using your first rounder on a position doesn't automatically make that player good. TY is more explosive than any WR on SEA, but IMO, it's still not close.

Jimmy/Lynch are by far more talented than INDY's top 2 and their o-line (even when it's struggling) is better than INDYs and I think the numbers show that as well.

DPG21920
09-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Also, like Rogers making James Jones look good when he couldn't do as well outside of GB shows how good Luck can be making that team a top passing team. I don't think that means their skill positions are good at all. I would definitely say bottom half of the league when factoring in run/te/wr

spurraider21
09-23-2015, 04:32 PM
Andre Johnson and Coby Fleener are also part of what is a good cast. indy has good weapons all over the field when it comes to their passing game

DPG21920
09-23-2015, 04:35 PM
Andre Johnson and Coby Fleener are also part of what is a good cast. indy has good weapons all over the field when it comes to their passing game

Wow.

spurraider21
09-23-2015, 04:40 PM
i dont even get what you're arguing at this point. i'm just saying its hypocritical to lol at wilson while semen shielding luck for their early season woes

DPG21920
09-23-2015, 04:42 PM
i dont even get what you're arguing at this point. i'm just saying its hypocritical to lol at wilson while semen shielding luck for their early season woes

That's the argument. You put something up to make fun of Luck in order to prop Wilson up (as you just said). However, I asked why and pointed out why it's kind of silly in context.

So silly that you just listed having Colby Fleener as some sort of accomplishment.

spurraider21
09-23-2015, 04:46 PM
That's the argument. You put something up to make fun of Luck in order to prop Wilson up (as you just said). However, I asked why and pointed out why it's kind of silly in context.
im just saying its hypocritical to lol at wilson if youre going to semen shield luck for their early season woes. both teams are struggling, neither QB has played well. i think its fair to say Luck has performed worse so far this season, though he's still clearly the far superior player

So silly that you just listed having Colby Fleener as some sort of accomplishment.
770 yards and 8 touchdowns last year... not bad for a #3 option in the passing game. not making him out to be a standout player. he's part of a good receiving group

DPG21920
09-23-2015, 04:57 PM
It's not about stats, as I said, but you know that. Luck made him.

Just because you have someone that is able to put up good stats because their QB is exceptional at times, doesn't mean they are really talented. The true test is to simply rank the positions by team.

If you rank the TEs by team (meaning talent/depth - but I have the top flight talent ranked higher even if a team has good depth), then Fleener would be a bottom half of the league TE.

If you rank the RBs by team, then Richardson last year (and Bradshaw to a lesser extent due to health) were a bottom half talent team. Even this year with Gore, maybe they sneak into the top half, but I'd say bottom half.

If you rank the WR's by team, again, I'd probably say they are closer to the bottom half then top.

Same with o-line.

But when you do the same exercise with SEA, their RB situation would be top 5. Their TE would be top 5. Their oline is lower top half (IMO) and their WR are bottom half.

Its not mutually exclusive to pin stuff on Russ (although he gets too much flack right now IMO) and defend Luck (again, Luck does deserve some criticism for his role in the poor start).

Clipper Nation
09-23-2015, 05:35 PM
no, i'm not. i've long been aboard the luck > wilson train. the only person that isn't is probably avante

something about throwing stones and having a glass home... when it comes to ppl bagging on wilson for seattle's poor start
Struggle has the luxury of a stacked team, a limited playbook and only having to manage the game, which inflates his stats. Luck has a garbage team, garbage coaching and has to do literally everything by himself.

Raven
09-23-2015, 05:50 PM

i don't know how hard should I laugh tbh

Raven
09-23-2015, 05:54 PM
the fact that Brady is sixth in that list and the first is mariota should tell you everything you need to know about how relevant the qbrating really is..

09-23-2015, 06:17 PM
had to pass on him during fantasy draft, i don't trust a system QB putting up numbers unless it's Brady.

spurraider21
09-23-2015, 06:26 PM
the fact that Brady is sixth in that list and the first is mariota should tell you everything you need to know about how relevant the qbrating really is..
its a ridiculously small sample size tbh

spurraider21
09-23-2015, 06:26 PM
i don't know how hard should I laugh tbh
you never really know much tbh, so this isn't surprising

TrainOfThought5
09-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Who hates their new team more??

Demarco Murray or Jimmy graham?

jeebus
09-23-2015, 07:38 PM
Who hates their new team more??

Demarco Murray or Jimmy graham?
Probably Graham. Murray is going to milk his injury for a while whereas Graham is stuck playing with the most overrated shitty QB in the league.

Raven
09-24-2015, 04:56 AM

not really, because the small sample size should have given Brady a massive edge on everybody. It really is shown that the stat is massively in favor of game managers. Not that it is a bad stat, is just not about who makes the most impact and carries his team the most, it's about the one that was the most efficient..

spurraider21
09-24-2015, 08:03 AM

not really
:lmao

Raven
09-24-2015, 08:09 AM
:lmao

it's not and you can't deny it. If what you say would have any weight, than Brady would have been a massive outlier with an enormous advantage on the next man up. But he is 6th behind one that he beat and behind one that got his ass whipped on his second game.

spurraider21
09-24-2015, 09:12 AM
:lmao 2 games isn't a small sample size :lmao

Spur-Addict
09-24-2015, 09:31 AM
I don't even know why you bother with that dumbass, well, aside from the comedic value :lol

Raven
09-24-2015, 10:00 AM
:lmao 2 games isn't a small sample size :lmao

it depends what you are using the sample for, in this case, is more than big enough. Unless you're retarded, of course.

DD
09-24-2015, 12:02 PM
Have any of Wilson's notable receiving threats ever had a career year with him? Tate, Rice, Harvin, Miller, et al (and now Graham) will all have had their best years with other teams, despite Seattle facing 8 in the box the majority of the time. Prime Randy Moss would've probably peaked at 750 yds and 7 tds had he played with Wilson

DPG21920
09-24-2015, 12:05 PM
Have any of Wilson's notable receiving threats ever had a career year with him? Tate, Rice, Harvin, Miller, et al (and now Graham) will all have had their best years with other teams, despite Seattle facing 8 in the box the majority of the time. Prime Randy Moss would've probably peaked at 750 yds and 7 tds had he played with Wilson

I don't blame Russ for that though - he's been everything they have asked of him and that is more game planning than anything. However, those questions are arising now because the defense has stepped back and the run game isn't working as well, they haven't been able to adjust.

spurraider21
09-24-2015, 12:15 PM
How could you expect receivers to have career years on an offense that dials up the least passing plays in the league?

unleashbaynes
09-24-2015, 09:34 PM
Gee i wonder why they don't throw more.

DPG21920
09-24-2015, 11:16 PM
Here comes the Colby Fleener break out game though...It's happening just to add enough "I told you so" to the topic.

Clipper Nation
09-24-2015, 11:54 PM
Gee i wonder why they don't throw more.
:cry Because Struggle is so "damn good" at throwing, and they don't want to wear out his arm. :cry

- Philo

angrydude
09-25-2015, 01:48 AM
Seattle's offense is run the ball run the ball run the ball, throw a bomb 35 yards down the sideline and pray you get lucky.

DD
09-25-2015, 10:42 AM
Hard to believe Seattle might have the worst qb in the division. I feel for JG, he may never get a decent contract again after this one.

The Gemini Method
09-25-2015, 11:07 AM
Um Nick Foles and Kaepernick reside in that division c'mon now.

Raven
09-25-2015, 11:29 AM
Um Nick Foles and Kaepernick reside in that division c'mon now.

you mean the guy that with a proper offensive line went 27td to 2 int? Last year in a down year, he had more than 50yd per game more than wilson ever had.. I'll give you crap though

DD
09-25-2015, 11:32 AM
I'd take Foles, tbh. Kaep is pretty much RW with a shittier team

The Gemini Method
09-25-2015, 12:02 PM
you mean the guy that with a proper offensive line went 27td to 2 int? Last year in a down year, he had more than 50yd per game more than wilson ever had.. I'll give you crap though One year Noles looked like a world beater. But he has not been that Foles since then. Then proceeded to be traded fora punch drunk Sam Bradford. He did beat our D on a few long plays but you can't put that blame sole on wilson.

Raven
09-25-2015, 12:25 PM
One year Noles looked like a world beater. But he has not been that Foles since then. Then proceeded to be traded fora punch drunk Sam Bradford. He did beat our D on a few long plays but you can't put that blame sole on wilson.

I didn't give it to him, but if I have an average team Foles is a much better bet to produce imo.

DD
09-25-2015, 12:50 PM
One year Noles looked like a world beater. But he has not been that Foles since then. Then proceeded to be traded fora punch drunk Sam Bradford. He did beat our D on a few long plays but you can't put that blame sole on wilson.

Solely? No
Primarily? Yes

17 of their 31 pts were a direct result of D/ST, but I guess that wasn't enough help. The statline comparison between the 2 QB's in that game was very telling as well: Wilson had one completion of 20+ yards despite 41 attempts (how does that even happen? :lol), while Foles had 5 or 6 completions of 20+ yards on 27 attempts, and avg'd 11 ypa. And again, the majority of the time he has favorable looks in the passing game due to Lynch and his own ability to scramble. It's baffling.

The Gemini Method
09-25-2015, 01:03 PM
Solely? No
Primarily? Yes

17 of their 31 pts were a direct result of D/ST, but I guess that wasn't enough help. The statline comparison between the 2 QB's in that game was very telling as well: Wilson had one completion of 20+ yards despite 41 attempts (how does that even happen? :lol), while Foles had 5 or 6 completions of 20+ yards on 27 attempts, and avg'd 11 ypa. And again, the majority of the time he has favorable looks in the passing game due to Lynch and his own ability to scramble. It's baffling. Yeah, I didn't get it whilst watching the game either. It's as almost he doesn't have to carry his team like the elites but at leas show something. Maybe he got fat off this off season. If He didn't fuck up in XXXXIX it would've been alright. I'd be cool with the slow start. It is more surprising considering Foles shit the bed the next weekend over a very mediocre Redskins team. Oh well, nothin cures the ails like the Chicago Bears.

DD
09-25-2015, 01:34 PM
ya'll will still win 10+ games imo--but since the defense isn't as sharp (as of now) and Lynch has hit 30--RW will have to prove he can carry them when the playoffs comes around...no more free rides

Raven
09-25-2015, 01:41 PM
ya'll will still win 10+ games imo--but since the defense isn't as sharp (as of now) and Lynch has hit 30--RW will have to prove he can carry them when the playoffs comes around...no more free rides

not to mention, The Contract kicks in soon

The Gemini Method
09-25-2015, 01:44 PM
ya'll will still win 10+ games imo--but since the defense isn't as sharp (as of now) and Lynch has hit 30--RW will have to prove he can carry them when the playoffs comes around...no more free ridesYeah, he has to at least carry us at some point. I think he did well in the Divisional Round versus Carolina and actually played well in the Super Bowl except the first quarter and the final play. I'm more concerned with the D and the incorporation of Graham and Lynch's slow start. However, like you said, he is hitting 30 and that O-Line is terrible. It will definitely be up to him and he needs to earn that contract.

JohnnyMax
09-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Jimmy Graham is a prime example,a closed mouth will not eat in the NFL. He let Pete and Wilson, know his displeasure of not getting the ball after last week's game. Apparently they got the message.