PDA

View Full Version : Real Talk: why don't new young posters /crews come to ST?

LaMarcus Bryant
09-24-2015, 10:26 AM
There was a time when every regular season and every playoff series brought an influx of new long-term posters.

There was a time when crops of new posters would show up and bring their own flavor to the forum on a permanent basis.

This is possibly the most stacked team in team history and I don't see many new posters. What's the deal?
Is the Internet message forum a dying medium?
Is it bc younger net users are predictably dumber and have such predictably high levels of ADD that they only stick to twitter and reddit?

What's the deal?

ChumpDumper
09-24-2015, 10:29 AM
They think this is simply an anti-Parker board and move on because it's so boring.

dabom
09-24-2015, 10:30 AM
They think this is simply an anti-Parker board and move on because it's so boring.

Coming from a porker stan. :lmao

LaMarcus Bryant
09-24-2015, 10:32 AM

The forum has always had whining and bitching but you're right, the Parker thing has reached new levels of pervasiveness.
Actually it's the former-younger crop of posters who began that crap, along with many many of the totally vapid forum attacks harbored here for years

ChumpDumper
09-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Coming from a porker stan. :lmaoDidn't you just start a thread?

What is the title of that thread?

dabom
09-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Didn't you just start a thread?

What is the title of that thread?

There are more Kawhi bashing threads so I guess it ain't a Parker bashing board like you said you stupid fuck. :lmao

SuperCam
09-24-2015, 10:38 AM
I am new and came to provide the objective, unbiased outsider opinions this board sorely needs. You can thank me anytime you want :tu

ChumpDumper
09-24-2015, 10:39 AM
There are more Kawhi bashing threads so I guess it ain't a Parker bashing board like you said you stupid fuck. :lmaoThat's your claim?

You'll have to back it up with numbers.

Give me the total number of anti Parker threads made this offseason and the number of anti Kawhi threads.

dabom
09-24-2015, 10:39 AM
I am new and came to provide the objective, unbiased outsider opinions this board sorely needs. You can thank me anytime you want :tu

Can you explain Lebron's finals record?

dabom
09-24-2015, 10:40 AM
That's your claim?

Give me the total number of anti Parker threads made this offseason and the number of anti Kawhi threads.

Why don't you check. Is this one of those "how much do you think porker weighs and how much should he lose" type of questions. :lmao

ChumpDumper
09-24-2015, 10:41 AM
There are more Kawhi bashing threads so I guess it ain't a Parker bashing board like you said you stupid fuck. :lmaoThat's your claim?

My contention is that anti Parker posts show up in threads that have nothing to do with him, and shitposting by people like you make this board unattractive to newcomers who really want to talk about something other than how much you hate Parker.

ChumpDumper
09-24-2015, 10:41 AM
Why don't you check.It's your claim. Prove it.

RD2191
09-24-2015, 10:42 AM

You're a cocksucker with 40 alts. In before your "friends" back you up. :lmao

LaMarcus Bryant
09-24-2015, 10:43 AM
They should have Slomo write a code that auto moves parker bashing posts into one thread

LaMarcus Bryant
09-24-2015, 10:43 AM
You're a cocksucker with 40 alts. In before your "friends" back you up. :lmao

That's what I mean.
Seems like every "new " poster is always someone's alt

dabom
09-24-2015, 10:44 AM
That's your claim?

My contention is that anti Parker posts show up in threads that have nothing to do with him, and shitposting by people like you make this board unattractive to newcomers who really want to talk about something other than how much you hate Parker.

I haven't seen you add anything to this board besides the 2 sentence unicorn every year but yet here you are crying about the same thing you don't do. :lmao

hater
09-24-2015, 10:46 AM
I think the old fashioned forum format is old and decrepit for the young generation.

A kid probably looks at it like an Oldsmobile.

But I'm just not sure what could replace it. I remember a twitter feed was tried here but was crappy. Maybe something like that would help.

For example if we had a twitter feed in the Lamarcus sweepstakes that woulda been fun. Of course we shoulda Ben able to comment on the tweets. Real life kinda shit.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-24-2015, 10:46 AM
It's always dead during the offseason, tbh..

hater
09-24-2015, 10:49 AM
Oh and trolls rule all forums. I remember when CNN added comments to their articles. It was a steaming pile of shit. They took I down :lmao

It's too easy for trolls and they losers as they are get a high off it. Sick fucks

ChumpDumper
09-24-2015, 10:54 AM
I haven't seen you add anything to this board besides the 2 sentence unicorn every year but yet here you are crying about the same thing you don't do. :lmaoYou're too busy gameplanning anti Parker threads and posts to read anything else.

dabom
09-24-2015, 10:55 AM
You're too busy gameplanning anti Parker threads and posts to read anything else.

Let me ask you something. Can you explain why you are a parker stan?

ChumpDumper
09-24-2015, 10:59 AM
Let me ask you something. Can you explain why you are a parker stan?I don't know what that means, but I think if you explain what you think that means, it will bolster my initial argument here.

Please tell me what that term means to you.

SuperCam
09-24-2015, 11:01 AM
That's what I mean.
Seems like every "new " poster is always someone's alt

Nop i'm 100% my own poster you can ask the mods tbh.

This board was solely in need of objective outsider takes so i'm just fulfilling a badly needed service :toast

dabom
09-24-2015, 11:02 AM
I don't know what that means, but I think if you explain what you think that means, it will bolster my initial argument here.

Please tell me what that term means to you.

"Based on the central character in the Eminem song of the same name, a "stan" is an overzealous maniacal fan for any celebrity or athlete."

dabom
09-24-2015, 11:02 AM
Nop i'm 100% my own poster you can ask the mods tbh.

This board was solely in need of objective outsider takes so i'm just fulfilling a badly needed service :toast

Can you explain Lebron's Finals record?

SuperCam
09-24-2015, 11:04 AM
Can you explain Lebron's Finals record?

Yeah 5 finals in a row and counting, and stole two games from a historically great team despite dellavescruba being his 2nd best player :wow

A true alpha who doesn't need a point guard to hold his hand like Kawbeta :downspin:

ChumpDumper
This was a good thread tho -- had real potential:

Alright guys I'm going into hibernation until next season (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247840)

ChumpDumper
"Based on the central character in the Eminem song of the same name, a "stan" is an overzealous maniacal fan for any celebrity or athlete."That bolsters my initial argument.

dabom
09-24-2015, 11:05 AM
Yeah 5 finals in a row and counting, and stole two games from a historically great team despite dellavescruba being his 2nd best player :wow

A true alpha who doesn't need a point guard to hold his hand like Kawbeta :downspin:

Can't even hide your lebron dick riding for one post. :lmao

dabom
09-24-2015, 11:07 AM
This was a good thread tho -- had real potential:

Alright guys I'm going into hibernation until next season (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247840)

You never heard of changing plans? :lmao

dabom
09-24-2015, 11:08 AM
That bolsters my initial argument.

Everyone knows you're a porker stan like Spurtacular is a mormon.

ChumpDumper
You never heard of changing plans? :lmaoWhat changed your gameplans?

ChumpDumper
Everyone knows you're a porker stan like Spurtacular is a mormon.This bolsters my initial argument.

dabom
09-24-2015, 11:09 AM
This bolsters my initial argument.

Care to explain now that you understand what a stan is?

ChumpDumper
09-24-2015, 11:12 AM
Care to explain now that you understand what a stan is?I understand that your definition bolsters my initial argument.

I thank you for that. :tu

dabom
09-24-2015, 11:13 AM
I understand that your definition bolsters my initial argument.

:toast

Canyonero
09-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Is it always like this during the offseason? Maybe in a month it'll be different?

hater
09-24-2015, 11:24 AM
Is it always like this during the offseason? Maybe in a month it'll be different?

Oh it'll b much much worse once porker, Evita, kiwitard and cuckcan start playing games

:lol

hater
09-24-2015, 11:26 AM
Oh and just wait till the first loss of the season happens :lmao

From Downtown
09-24-2015, 11:32 AM
We're going 82-0

Canyonero
09-24-2015, 11:33 AM

Oh well, I just hope it gets funnier than this.

dabom
09-24-2015, 11:33 AM
FIRST LOSS of season?

fck that, the site of seeing hero ball or porker taking 3 straight possessions shooting the ball...im calling that wanker out

Thanks. Someone needs to do it.

ChumpDumper
09-24-2015, 11:39 AM
FIRST LOSS of season?

fck that, the site of seeing hero ball or porker taking 3 straight possessions shooting the ball...im calling that wanker outThis bolsters my initial argument.

Leetonidas
09-24-2015, 11:40 AM
This thread is a perfect example of why this forum sucks. Fuck can it be October 28th already

Leetonidas
09-24-2015, 11:43 AM
After this long its sad at this point how much time and energy y'all waste posting the same shit 24/7 all fucking summer when Parker ain't going nowhere anyway. And the only people who engage with the anti Parker people are retards anyway. You all suck tbh

SPURt
09-24-2015, 11:52 AM
The welcoming committee aside, it took me about two years to get approved. That may have stagnated new users a bit.

mookie2001
09-24-2015, 12:00 PM
Op you forget the last crew that ventured outside the NBA forum was totally rooted in Eminem, he was the cornerstone of their existence. Even Marshall Mathers himself couldn't beat those ambien pills and father-time in a rap battle.

TheDoctor
09-24-2015, 01:09 PM
Oh it'll b much much worse once porker, Evita, kiwitard and cuckcan start playing games

It seems hater suffered a stroke while writing.

RD2191
09-24-2015, 01:34 PM
It seems hater suffered a stroke while writing.

Silver&Black
09-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Did dafaggot really post that there are more Kawhi bashing threads than Parker bashing threads?

Only a dumb fuck like dabom would ever make that claim. I would guess that the number is 5:1 in favor of Parker bashing threads.

Arcadian
09-24-2015, 02:45 PM
Probably because people take one look at this forum and become terrified at what they see. I was when I first saw this place. For people who only pay attention to mainstream media outlets, the opinions of this forum are fucking alien and weird.

For example, before I came to this forum, I had never seen anyone suggest that Pop was a terrible coach. It's just universally accepted that he's an all-time great coach outside of this forum. Yet, when I got here, the first thing I saw was that thread called "Popsuckers doing damage control" or whatever. :lol

benefactor
09-24-2015, 02:50 PM
Most of the new posters are faggots tbh

ILoveOranges
09-24-2015, 03:00 PM
The forum lost a lot of its old school members and personalities that made it so fun to visit. At this point we're pretty much left with a few of the originals, a few who post actual discussion and content, but more than anything we have the same 4-6 people posting on 30 different accounts about stupid Internet forum drama and 'porker' this and 'kiwi' that. These new members make it less of a discussion forum and more of like watching a bunch of middle schoolers argue on the playground about who's the coolest. Nothing they talk about matters. There were apollosic thread trackers and it got to stalker/creepy levels of obsession with both Parker and Kawhi. Someone should probably sticky those truth be told, so he can just post there. Like that kool or lakaluva or whatever his name is in the NBA forums, this place seems like more of an outlet for really strange, lonely people talking about the same things day and night because they have so little going on in their life and so little to talk about. Instead of actual discussion.

There's still the occasional ElNono article translation, which is great, but the last time I remember reading another thread that was actually interesting was when TimVP was peeking in during the playoffs. There was also the guy who dropped out of med school, but that's not even Spurs related.

Also there's this real oddball kid that keeps showing up in threads and just going ":lol faggot". I put a few of those spammy accounts on ignore, and suddenly nobody is talking. Really, if you were a visiting person, what would you think? Who has time to argue with a bunch of middle school kids?

Mikeanaro
09-24-2015, 03:31 PM
Because they were not approving accounts for a long time, its not like Spurs are the hottest shit ever, at least for average BB fans.

spurraider21
09-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Most of the new posters are alts of other faggots tbh
Fify :toast

spurraider21
09-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Between all the "Enrique porker :lmao" and ChumpBot it's probably not appealing to visitors

Silver&Black
09-24-2015, 03:43 PM
Also there's this real oddball kid that keeps showing up in threads and just going ":lol faggot".

Watch out...you're the next one on his ":lol faggot" list.

K...
09-24-2015, 04:34 PM
Is it progress that no one in this thread cried about timvp stopping game grades?

Before twitter this was the fastest news source on spurs. With timvp we had better content that the new and current spurs blogs.

I still come here for the fan reaction, foreign experts, and good trolling. But omg, trolling has ruined this board, back in the old day people did they're shitty trolling in the downstairs forum. But we have not just trolls but genuine player fans here. Player fans in the pejorative sense that is. People who miss the forest ( that sports are entertainment) for the trees (pg. :'( )

Mr Bones
09-24-2015, 04:42 PM
It's all just nonstop trash talk, repetitive opinions, and trolling... it's like hanging out with a bunch of 15 year olds... There should be a limit on how many threads a single person can start. A handful of posters have pretty much ruined the site.

SAGirl
09-24-2015, 05:58 PM
There was a time when every regular season and every playoff series brought an influx of new long-term posters.

There was a time when crops of new posters would show up and bring their own flavor to the forum on a permanent basis.

This is possibly the most stacked team in team history and I don't see many new posters. What's the deal?
Is it bc younger net users are predictably dumber and have such predictably high levels of ADD that they only stick to twitter and reddit?

What's the deal?
Occassionally someone new will browse and will notice how toxic the forum is with a few guys with some OCD complex who must absolutely call attention to themselves. The best way to do it is to generate hate thread after hate thread. I have said OCD guys on ignore but obviously other people respond to them. The only way that would get under control would be to have moderators but it appears that there are none. Too often threads spin way out of subject, personal attacks, political, off topic remarks and offenses thrown in, and you pretty much run out anyone new who might wander in.

TrainOfThought5
09-24-2015, 08:37 PM
Mods gotta come back for the season. The forum isnt self modding, and the quality is suffering. One clean sweep of the trash would this board wonders.

Spurtacular
09-24-2015, 09:00 PM

What's the deal?

Lots of people trying to be famous on twitter....

And yes, people are getting dumber, too.

Perry Mason
09-24-2015, 09:06 PM
The forum lost a lot of its old school members and personalities that made it so fun to visit. At this point we're pretty much left with a few of the originals, a few who post actual discussion and content, but more than anything we have the same 4-6 people posting on 30 different accounts about stupid Internet forum drama and 'porker' this and 'kiwi' that. These new members make it less of a discussion forum and more of like watching a bunch of middle schoolers argue on the playground about who's the coolest. Nothing they talk about matters. There were apollosic thread trackers and it got to stalker/creepy levels of obsession with both Parker and Kawhi. Someone should probably sticky those truth be told, so he can just post there. Like that kool or lakaluva or whatever his name is in the NBA forums, this place seems like more of an outlet for really strange, lonely people talking about the same things day and night because they have so little going on in their life and so little to talk about. Instead of actual discussion.

There's still the occasional ElNono article translation, which is great, but the last time I remember reading another thread that was actually interesting was when TimVP was peeking in during the playoffs. There was also the guy who dropped out of med school, but that's not even Spurs related.

Also there's this real oddball kid that keeps showing up in threads and just going ":lol faggot". I put a few of those spammy accounts on ignore, and suddenly nobody is talking. Really, if you were a visiting person, what would you think? Who has time to argue with a bunch of middle school kids?

I think its generational. The Gen X / Gen Y crowd (and older generations) still values intelligent conversation. But we have gotten older and so cannot post as much.

So now we get to see the Millennials in action--and the cold hard truth. They are robotic meme-regurgitators. Conversation takes place on twitter via 140 characters. Everything is a game of memes and shallow jokes. Welcome to the Idiocracy.

purist
09-24-2015, 09:22 PM
This forum is an ass whip of nonsensical crap. That's why I avoid it.

Mnky
09-24-2015, 09:55 PM
Forum is a handful of no life guys flirting with each other all day. Not much to see tbh.

random21
09-24-2015, 10:06 PM
This forum is a mess..Player fans fighting over who sucks more Manu or Parker... Kawhi's autism disorder, and other gay shit... Some vet posters contribute meaningful basketball discussions, but the other 90% suck...

Clipper Nation
09-24-2015, 10:14 PM
I understand that your definition bolsters my initial argument.

David the cuck filibustering and refusing to answer questions, per par.

Clipper Nation
09-24-2015, 10:14 PM
FIRST LOSS of season?

fck that, the site of seeing hero ball or porker taking 3 straight possessions shooting the ball...im calling that wanker out

ChumpDumper
09-24-2015, 10:38 PM
David the cuck filibustering and refusing to answer questions, per par.What would you like to know, David?

HarlemHeat37
09-24-2015, 11:03 PM
It's true that the Kawhi vs. Parker threads are pretty awful(they were fun last year when most of you idiots couldn't see Parker's decline:lol) and have played a role in killing the forum, but it isn't as bad as it appears, tbh..June and July were active with posters discussing basketball due to Free Agency, but the discussion reverted to Kawhi vs. Parker in August and September once the off-season transactions ended, which is pretty typical of the off-season on forums..

It will probable change in October, once actual basketball begins, as it typically does here..most of the older posters here offer little in terms of basketball talk, to be fair, they just like to complain and toss timvp's e-salad(for the most part)..if not that, then they're usually offering hot takes like "Parker is just injured" or "Spurs need an enforcer"..

As for newer members, there will be a progressive decline in forum activity with Twitter's prominence, of course, that's not a criticism of ST in particular..I don't really fuck with Twitter, unlike most people in my age group, but it's pretty funny watching previous generations telling niggas to get off their lawns:lol..

HarlemHeat37
09-24-2015, 11:06 PM
Who needs new members when you have ChumpDumper playing 21 questions, though? What's better than that? :lol

ChumpDumper
09-24-2015, 11:20 PM
:lol the cause of the decline trying to deny his role.

rastaspur
09-24-2015, 11:25 PM
Who needs new members when you have ChumpDumper playing 21 questions, though? What's better than that? :lol

Chump is persistent and consistent. He never breaks character

HarlemHeat37
09-24-2015, 11:32 PM
Chump is persistent and consistent. He never breaks character

He's a good guy, tbh, but asks way too many questions..I would hate to be his wife/husband:lol..

ChumpDumper
09-24-2015, 11:41 PM
IRL people just answer questions I ask, they don't go through all the stalling and pouting drama you see here.

Also, people IRL don't say such stupid shit that I can so easily question.

Brian Windhorst
09-24-2015, 11:51 PM
reddit.com/r/nba pretty much serves everyone's needs. This board has HUGE narratives that you have to know about or it just seems pretty incoherent and combative. Go on /r/nbaspurs and you'll see what I'm talking about, there are a wide range of opinions and knowledge-levels and no board 'leaders' per se or people who drive the narrative. You come on a site like this and if your name is grey and you don't have 2000+ posts you get dead silence on 90% of your comments, unless you just troll. To a casual basketball fan this board is

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/541/870/cd3.jpg

rastaspur
09-24-2015, 11:57 PM
I'm never trying to be a troll. I'm just a smart ass. The two can be confused. Chump = not a troll. Just a smart ass who likes fucking with people. I can appreciate that. Consistency is a good quality to have

SquawkinHawkBigCock
09-25-2015, 12:04 AM
You never heard of changing plans? :lmao
You ever heard of not being a cock taking faggot? I don't think so tbh.

Clipper Nation
09-25-2015, 12:09 AM
Reddit's takes manage to be even faggier and more mainstream than RealGM. I'm glad ST is elitist, it keeps the shitposters with awful takes (the N0 LyF3 ScRuB, K... (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12977) and TheGreatYacht (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719)s of the board) to a minimum.

09-25-2015, 12:22 AM
:lol the cause of the decline trying to deny his role.:lol

SuperCam
09-25-2015, 12:24 AM
You ever heard of not being a cock taking faggot? I don't think so tbh.

:lmao

turb0time
09-25-2015, 12:26 AM
I fucking hate Reddit in general. Tons of parroting going on there and mindless, Groupthink commenting. Also - everyone's an expert on EVERYTHING.

This forum is far from perfect, but it's refreshing to read unique takes from the solid posters here.

HarlemHeat37
09-25-2015, 12:42 AM
:lol Reddit NBA = thousands of Ethan Strauss-like posters, tbh..

TheGreatYacht
09-25-2015, 01:41 AM
Reddit's takes manage to be even faggier and more mainstream than RealGM. I'm glad ST is elitist, it keeps the shitposters with awful takes (the N0 LyF3 ScRuB (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43681), K... (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12977) and TheGreatYacht (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719)s of the board) to a minimum.
Don't post tranny pics now, David....

devindixen
09-25-2015, 02:23 AM
Like someone mentioned, biggest problem with this board is the mods. It isn't going to self mod and it takes the quality of the board down a lot.

I used to post on RealGM and the mods are good IMO, but at the same time there aren't enough people there to have any sort of discussions.

There are plenty of people here, unlike RealGM, but the mods are nonexistent and the quality of discussions are just awful. Too much trolls flying around.

Brazil
09-25-2015, 09:03 AM
ST is the only forum I read and post tbh... I opened reddit once and never opened it again... bunch of 15 y/o believing they know everything in life :rolleyes

I don't even know where people find time to post so much here so I have hard time to imagine people posting here and in other forums.... then you have dudes complaining they just earn 40 K a year :lol ya no shit... You have even people here that have time to go on body builder forums to find trolling material for ST, it's reaching koolaid level of retardness tbh

pgardn
09-25-2015, 09:13 AM
Occassionally someone new will browse and will notice how toxic the forum is with a few guys with some OCD complex who must absolutely call attention to themselves. The best way to do it is to generate hate thread after hate thread. I have said OCD guys on ignore but obviously other people respond to them. The only way that would get under control would be to have moderators but it appears that there are none. Too often threads spin way out of subject, personal attacks, political, off topic remarks and offenses thrown in, and you pretty much run out anyone new who might wander in.

Yep.

And then the personal vendettas that develop and just keep going page after page till back on topic.
In order to stay one must sift through the garbage. But there is some good stuff if one does take the time.
This site is a haven for some people who don't get out much and need attention.

Once the games start the culling will be easier.

Darius McCrary
09-25-2015, 10:38 AM
IRL people just answer questions I ask, they don't go through all the stalling and pouting drama you see here.

:rollin pwnt

DrSteffo
09-25-2015, 11:17 AM
Forum is a handful of no life guys flirting with each other all day. Not much to see tbh.

This. And it's booooring.

BD24
09-25-2015, 05:35 PM
Ehh this forum is fun. I have posted on alot of forums and this one is nice because of the relaxed moderation. I wish that there was a little more moderation to keep the faggots under control, but its better than alot of forums. Many forums I have posted on you would get messages from mods for going off topic, insulting other posters intelligence, and just the stupidest things tbh.

Alot of mods on power trips on those forums.

Ignignokt
09-25-2015, 06:01 PM

IRL you never interact with anyone because you're a loser NEET.

Horry Hipcheck
09-25-2015, 06:33 PM
This forum is leniently moderated but you better have a thick skin or be a certain type of person to get along with everyone. This place is a nightmare when there's no basketball to discuss or when the Spurs lose.

ChumpDumper
09-25-2015, 07:18 PM
IRL you never interact with anyone because you're a loser NEET.^One of the guys who shits himself rather than answer a simple question.

Mnky
09-25-2015, 11:59 PM
For the people saying the mods are leniant and easy going, nah bro. The whole point of a mod is to keep people from wasting other people's time. Get rid of the trolls. If you want to circle jerk, it shouldn't be hard to confine that to one forum while the adults have basketball discussions on the basketball forum. There's literally a million places designed for trolls on the internet. Discussion forums are one of the few that arnt... Thus the point of a mod.

Neurosis
09-26-2015, 01:00 AM
Forum content consists of 99% dick-measuring and 1% relevant basketball or Spurs related discussion. By rule of thumb nearly every thread just ends up centered around the sexual orientation of other posters, usually with lots of phallic references that give a very Freudian undertone that's almost uncomfortable to behold.

In light of that, what would I even post about? I've been following the Spurs for 16 years and I love basketball. I want to talk about those things, not the latent sexual frustrations of teenagers on the internet.

I surmise that same concept puts other new users off of the forum as well.

Or to put it more plainly, a lot of people here just don't respect each other and the status quo is insult before before inquiry.

Clipper Nation
09-26-2015, 01:43 AM
Forum content consists of 99% dick-measuring and 1% relevant basketball or Spurs related discussion. By rule of thumb nearly every thread just ends up centered around the sexual orientation of other posters, usually with lots of phallic references that give a very Freudian undertone that's almost uncomfortable to behold.

In light of that, what would I even post about? I've been following the Spurs for 16 years and I love basketball. I want to talk about those things, not the latent sexual frustrations of teenagers on the internet.

I surmise that same concept puts other new users off of the forum as well.

Or to put it more plainly, a lot of people here just don't respect each other and the status quo is insult before before inquiry.
Shut up, faggot.

Slutter McGee
09-26-2015, 02:01 AM
Pretty fucking simple. Parker hating faggots. These idiots don't realize that EVERYONE agrees that Parker is regressing and will likely hurt the team. But they can't have a rational fucking conversation without bringing it up. Yall guys want to talk about the Big Lebowski? " John Goodman reminds my of Porker." What do you guys think of Simmons? "He aint fat like Porker" Guys how do you think we will combat the small ball Golden State will throw at us? " well our faggot point guard aint small...Dabom, tell me I am right and suck my dick"

Seriously, these assholes have made the forums unreadable. Imagine if boutons regularly posted in the Spurs area and you have fucking Apo.

I really hope Kawhi is a complete failure just so these fucktards will shut the fuck up.

Slutter McGee

TheGreatYacht
09-26-2015, 02:03 AM
Shut up, faggot.
But.... You're a faggot tho...

Horry Hipcheck
09-26-2015, 04:59 AM

I thought it was just me.

Kikoluna
09-26-2015, 05:25 AM
Many factors. Administration scratching off topics they consider absurd is a little unwelcoming. Also, you have people in here insulting manu and even tim at times. That's just sacrilegious is spurs world. Then there's the people that don't support the notion of benching Parker and starting patty. All these factors plus the air of arrogance portrayed by the veterans with 5,000 plus posts is what keeps young blood away

Clipper Nation
09-26-2015, 09:15 AM
Yall guys want to talk about the Big Lebowski? " John Goodman reminds my of Porker."
Come to think of it, he does look like a white, slightly skinnier version of Porker, tbh. Good take.

Cklbmk
09-26-2015, 09:24 AM
Reddit replaced this. So much shit is talked about Spurstalk and all the other trolls on here.

CubanMustGo
09-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Message boards are increasingly passe - I've seen a marked decline in other sports boards with fewer and fewer new posters and the old guard tiring of the game. ST was great while it lasted but as many have pointed out the troll:signal ratio has gotten ludicrous.

z0sa
09-26-2015, 09:31 AM
The culture here is terrible, honestly. The worst it has ever been.

Biggems
09-26-2015, 12:11 PM
I used to post on Spurs Report, but it went to shit so I came here. Then, this place went to shit.

What I liked about this place was the insider feel it had. Bruno and a few others were great with the international prospects. I forget who it was, but he was really good with the US college prospects. Bruno did well with that too. I enjoy the D League analysis from Chump and a few others. The post game report cards were a nice read. From top to bottom the threads were pretty darn good. Then, the bottom fell out and the garbage took over. Quality threads were replaced by shit thread after shit thread. Instead of threads supporting our team, most of the threads are bashing our own players. This place has turned into a complete sesspool. It is quite sad, especially since I still see posts from some of the quality posters of the past.

So to all of you who contributed to the site in a positive way in the past, and offered some quality information and analysis of the Spurs, Toros (Spurs), and prospects.....thank you. I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy your contributions.

FireMicoHalili
09-26-2015, 12:56 PM
I'm in the lower half of my 20s so I'm not sure if I count as young, but I've seen the forum change for quite some time. Fans launching personal attacks, making unnecessary comments, still using "faggot" as an insult in 2015...it's a bad place overall. I came to check if there was any news on the Spurs but nope, just a bunch of useless threads. A lot of stupid arguments here too, and always at a crossroads to reply to them, since arguing with fools is like watering a dead plant.

PhingerRoll
09-26-2015, 01:12 PM
This forum used to be awesome, now it's full of trash. Mods need to step up and get rid of these morons. They have absolutely ruined this place.

dgspursforlife
09-26-2015, 01:16 PM
There are not a lot of new posters cause the new posters don't want to deal with all the fucking circle-jerking in the offseason. There were a lot of new guys in free agency (myself included) and I believe most of them will come back once the season starts. There just isn't anything worthwhile to discuss atm.

timtonymanu
09-26-2015, 01:21 PM
I really hope Kawhi is a complete failure just so these fucktards will shut the fuck up.

Slutter McGee

Smh. Stop rooting for the Spurs then, Slut McGee. Very simple.

jehawk81
09-26-2015, 02:05 PM
I used to post on Spurs Report, but it went to shit so I came here. Then, this place went to shit.

What I liked about this place was the insider feel it had. Bruno and a few others were great with the international prospects. I forget who it was, but he was really good with the US college prospects. Bruno did well with that too. I enjoy the D League analysis from Chump and a few others. The post game report cards were a nice read. From top to bottom the threads were pretty darn good. Then, the bottom fell out and the garbage took over. Quality threads were replaced by shit thread after shit thread. Instead of threads supporting our team, most of the threads are bashing our own players. This place has turned into a complete sesspool. It is quite sad, especially since I still see posts from some of the quality posters of the past.

So to all of you who contributed to the site in a positive way in the past, and offered some quality information and analysis of the Spurs, Toros (Spurs), and prospects.....thank you. I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy your contributions.

This times 1 million... then add 21, 20, 9, 2, 50 & 12 to it

tholdren
09-26-2015, 02:08 PM
I highlighted the common denominator. This place isn't too bad. There are some really knowledgable posters regarding contracts, salary cap, and SA history.

The reality is that most anything posted on the forum, is subjective, meaning that there will never be a real, final, factual answer. You have your homers, your player fans, trolls, and everything in between. It's the basis of social media, everyone feels a little more "right" about their anonymous opinion. If you don't like it, I would suggest leaving, instead of becoming sad and depressed about what you feel were "quality" posts.

I always think it is interesting to hear people bitch about posts/threads never being as good as they once were, but these are the same people who never post or start threads, and if they do, their take is pretty bad.

Biggems
09-26-2015, 04:27 PM
I highlighted the common denominator. This place isn't too bad. There are some really knowledgable posters regarding contracts, salary cap, and SA history.

The reality is that most anything posted on the forum, is subjective, meaning that there will never be a real, final, factual answer. You have your homers, your player fans, trolls, and everything in between. It's the basis of social media, everyone feels a little more "right" about their anonymous opinion. If you don't like it, I would suggest leaving, instead of becoming sad and depressed about what you feel were "quality" posts.

I always think it is interesting to hear people bitch about posts/threads never being as good as they once were, but these are the same people who never post or start threads, and if they do, their take is pretty bad.

ty for your post.....btw, I purposely set myself up for that and you took the bait.

as far as me being sad or depressed, I am not. nor do I allow these forums to make me angry.

BTW, I have been here for many years, I have started and posted in many threads. As far as the quality of my takes, that is not for me to say. I am sure some like my comments, others dislike them, and another group could care less one way or the other.

tholdren
09-26-2015, 04:30 PM
ty for your post.....btw, I purposely set myself up for that and you took the bait.

as far as me being sad or depressed, I am not. nor do I allow these forums to make me angry.

BTW, I have been here for many years, I have started and posted in many threads. As far as the quality of my takes, that is not for me to say. I am sure some like my comments, others dislike them, and another group could care less one way or the other.

good, so you have self-identified as a troll. I appreciate your contribution to society.

Biggems
09-26-2015, 04:31 PM
White supremacist trash overrunning the NBA and club forums. Why the multi ethnic Ellis family doesn't banstick those fucking assholes I'll never know

well I guess it is a catch 22. On one hand, it is great to have posting freedom and to be able to basically say whatever you feel. However, at the same time, it then puts the onus on the poster to conduct his/herself in mature, respectable manner. Basically, just because you have freedom of speech, doesn't mean you have to abuse or exploit it.

Biggems
09-26-2015, 04:33 PM
good, so you have self-identified as a troll. I appreciate your contribution to society.

Hmmmm, since I don't live under a bridge and I don't dine on goats, I must say that I am not a troll.....but nice try internet warrior.

ChumpDumper
09-26-2015, 04:37 PM
good, so you have self-identified as a troll. I appreciate your contribution to society.lol Biggems is like the farthest thing from a troll on this site.

spurraider21
09-26-2015, 04:40 PM
It's no coincidence this recent decline only happened when the owners/mods stopped giving a shit

Spurtacular
09-26-2015, 06:50 PM
Alot of mods on power trips on those forums.

I got banned from Real GM for calling Soft Bosh, 'The RuPaul Of Big Men.' Even though Shaq had coined that term that month, the mods still went full retard on me.

nowitzkikopf
09-26-2015, 11:10 PM

accurate. been here since 2007, some awful users have popped up in the interim. even when someone does make a good thread, its buried in a pile of rubbish posted by certain users (i think the common perpetrators are quite apparent).

good threads are harder to start, crappy ones easier and some users have far too much time on their hand. end result is a page full of garbage with a few gems that you really have to look for- pretty strong deterrent for new users and some of us old-timers

Kawhitstorm
09-26-2015, 11:20 PM
Get a life instead of worrying about what's happening on a fuckin' message board. I'm just here to clown & make people cry.

Biggems
09-26-2015, 11:21 PM
lol Biggems is like the farthest thing from a troll on this site.

yes, what he said

Le Baguette
09-27-2015, 04:48 AM
The krew

Darius McCrary
09-27-2015, 05:43 AM
Imagine if boutons regularly posted in the Spurs area and you have fucking Apo.

Slutter McGee

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Timvp once ate dinner with Boutons and timvp was bragging about his dunking/3 pointer/defensive skills then boutons scared him because he never stopped talking about the illuminati and how timvp needed to prepare for the end

Darius McCrary
09-27-2015, 05:45 AM
White supremacist trash overrunning the NBA and club forums. Why the multi ethnic Ellis family doesn't banstick those fucking assholes I'll never know

BC they're whack

dabom
09-27-2015, 05:57 AM
All the parkertards crying basically lmao.

tholdren
09-27-2015, 07:28 AM
lol Biggems is like the farthest thing from a troll on this site.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Biggems (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8200834#post8200834)

Blizzardwizard
09-27-2015, 08:06 AM

RD2191
09-27-2015, 08:11 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Timvp once ate dinner with Boutons and timvp was bragging about his dunking/3 pointer/defensive skills then boutons scared him because he never stopped talking about the illuminati and how timvp needed to prepare for the end

Blizzardwizard
09-27-2015, 08:14 AM
Someone should do a behaviour study on this forum, or more specifically, the same posters who engage in circle-jerking all day every day over 'Porker' and 'Kiwi' with the occasional 'LOL u ar faggot LOL :lol' added in between.

RD2191
09-27-2015, 08:33 AM
Someone should do a behaviour study on this forum, or more specifically, the same posters who engage in circle-jerking all day every day over 'Porker' and 'Kiwi' with the occasional 'LOL u ar faggot LOL :lol' added in between.

The study would find that 90% of Parker fans are nolyfescrub and his 20 alts.

DMC
09-27-2015, 09:32 AM
Oh and trolls rule all forums. I remember when CNN added comments to their articles. It was a steaming pile of shit. They took I down :lmao

It's too easy for trolls and they losers as they are get a high off it. Sick fucks

Your English is wearing off.

DMC
09-27-2015, 09:34 AM
Take the troll forum regulars, add 100 alt names to each and you have the ST majority of "posters". These aren't young kids spending all day saying the same thing for years. These are old fat fucks with no life, an inner circle jerk and meeting up at some dirty wing joint in SA to lulz over the most recent offerings. Then you have the Pinoys and the nationalist flag waving Manu and Tony fans.

Gladney to see you
09-27-2015, 09:47 AM
This is a weird anything go type of site I'm not used to. That being said there are some very smart people here and it is worth the time to weed through the bad. I just wish I wouldn't have started when Jimmer came here.:lol

Clipper Nation
09-27-2015, 09:49 AM
All the parkertards crying basically lmao.

Clipper Nation
09-27-2015, 09:51 AM

Gagnrath
09-27-2015, 01:47 PM
I think in a large part because the forum has devolved in many instances to a large number of threads devoted to cults of personality and lots less actual discussion of basketball. There are also the huge number of personal attack/size of internet ego posts where people go after each other.

There is still during the season a reasonable amount of basketball discussion but it rapidly gets buried in the trash.

ILoveOranges
09-27-2015, 02:48 PM

Shut up, faggot.

You're kind of proving everyone's point, about the oddball clique obsessing over Parker and Kawhi, jumping on each other's butts without actually having anything to say in threads, random personal attacks, etc.

Honestly I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but you've got almost 40,000 posts on this internet forum.

neboat
09-27-2015, 04:51 PM
I think in a large part because the forum has devolved in many instances to a large number of threads devoted to cults of personality and lots less actual discussion of basketball. There are also the huge number of personal attack/size of internet ego posts where people go after each other.

Pretty much this.... I'll add this: we love the Spurs because they win and they play the "Spurs" way. But some of us here don't act like spurs...instead we act like a bunch of kobes and westbrooks...waving our arms, "look at me i am so important, everything i say is right, if you don't agree then you are a moron", or when things don't go our way, flame away instead of having meaningful discussions. This forum is for Spurs fans, but many of us here don't act like Spurs fans.

We've all been frustrated with TP, Manu, KL, even TD from time to time. But they are our basketball heroes...they've done so much for the team. Yeah we may not be thrilled with the way they play at times and we come here to voice our thoughts...but why would one wish TP a career ending injury, or say Manu is washed up and trash, etc etc...? We probably wouldn't say those nasty things in front of other spurs fans in real life...especially when our star players are some of the most team oriented and humble players in NBA ever.

Beaverfuzz
09-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Who the fuck cares?

:flag:

BD24
09-27-2015, 05:35 PM
You're kind of proving everyone's point, about the oddball clique obsessing over Parker and Kawhi, jumping on each other's butts without actually having anything to say in threads, random personal attacks, etc.

Honestly I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but you've got almost 40,000 posts on this internet forum.
Welcome mate :toast. Always good to have more sensible posters here.

mookie2001
09-27-2015, 06:43 PM
Look at this thread. Two BNSFs posing as grays for some reason lol. The mavs are done man. Eminem is an old man. You can come out of the closet guys

thousandth
09-27-2015, 11:35 PM
Pretty fucking simple. Parker hating faggots.

It's no coincidence this recent decline only happened when the owners/mods stopped giving a shit

I'm not sure how long you've been posting here, I stopped reading and posting on ST in 2008 because of the annoying Parker vs Manu threads, two or three of them every day on frontpage.
Dark years, most of Tony Parker fans were the first trolls and haters, everytime when a spurstalker said Manu's one of the most creative passers in NBA, the best Spurs' playmaker, he had to deal with shitty responses, Parker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Manu, Manu's garbage.
Since #5 I occasionally visit this forum, I prefer to watch the games and read NBA writers on twitter.

Biernutz
09-28-2015, 01:23 AM
I started here also back in 2008. there was some trolling back then but not in
just hate you see now. People are fed up with Parker, Tim, Manu hate threads by
some of these so called Spurs fans who are too cowardly to put the team who they are
really fans of. All you have to see is how many members are signed on or see how
many hours from the last post on some of the threads. Hopefully Spurs fans will come
back when the season starts.

A$ap
09-28-2015, 08:05 AM
I had been lurking this place for a number of years. Over those years I tried to register but never got approved. Can't think of any other vbulletin out there that practices this anymore, but in any case, I did not get approved till a couple of months ago. And now I'm asking myself what was the point. I come here to read updates on the Spurs and reactions and the rest is Reddit. vbulletin and the typical troll posts that comes with it is a dying breed. It gets old. And so yes, a lot of the Parker hating threads and other nonsense is enough for me to not want to blend in with the crowd. Whenever I thought about posting, I reminded myself that you wouldn't really get noticed unless you make some clever porker comment. To sum it up as someone said already, there is not a lot of basketball discussion in here and it's getting worse.

TheDoctor
09-28-2015, 08:42 AM
... I came to check if there was any news on the Spurs but nope, just a bunch of useless threads...

What any news? There's none. Its called the offseason and this year it was longer than usual. So, what do you want to read? How many times Danny Green picked his nose? Even SAEN's reporters are having trouble filling their quotas relying on some old news just to write something.

But don't worry, today is Media Day and Training Camp starts tomorrow. You should hear/read something about the Spurs soon.

TheDoctor
09-28-2015, 09:33 AM
is tim duncan too tall?

Who has the biggest butt? Boban or Boris that's 6 inches smaller?

Cklbmk
09-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Lol yeah go to reddit to get away from ignorants and trolls

Sad that thats the truth

Bearcaught
09-29-2015, 09:30 AM
I started reading here a little about 3 months ago when LMA rumors started, but I've never posted because all I saw were large amounts of mostly the same people sounding stupid making off the wall parker fat jokes/calling people faggots and very little real thoughts/analysis about the team.. it seems like quite a few posters here have literally nothing to do but stake out their "territory" on a online forum rather than actually talk like normal fans of a team. Only positive I've found on the forum is its pretty up to date about the happenings of the team(signings, social media, video clips etc).

p.s. I think the only way to fix the forum would be heavy moderation.. ban some of the cancer users and moderate when threads get derailed as badly as they do around here.

-Spurs fan

ChumpDumper
09-29-2015, 09:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAA1xgTTw9wA lot of the people who posted in this thread.

RD2191
09-29-2015, 10:42 AM
I had been lurking this place for a number of years. Over those years I tried to register but never got approved. Can't think of any other vbulletin out there that practices this anymore, but in any case, I did not get approved till a couple of months ago. And now I'm asking myself what was the point. I come here to read updates on the Spurs and reactions and the rest is Reddit. vbulletin and the typical troll posts that comes with it is a dying breed. It gets old. And so yes, a lot of the Parker hating threads and other nonsense is enough for me to not want to blend in with the crowd. Whenever I thought about posting, I reminded myself that you wouldn't really get noticed unless you make some clever porker comment. To sum it up as someone said already, there is not a lot of basketball discussion in here and it's getting worse.

Lol. Pussy.

rastaspur
09-29-2015, 03:15 PM
I started reading here a little about 3 months ago when LMA rumors started, but I've never posted because all I saw were large amounts of mostly the same people sounding stupid making off the wall parker fat jokes/calling people faggots and very little real thoughts/analysis about the team.. it seems like quite a few posters here have literally nothing to do but stake out their "territory" on a online forum rather than actually talk like normal fans of a team. Only positive I've found on the forum is its pretty up to date about the happenings of the team(signings, social media, video clips etc).

p.s. I think the only way to fix the forum would be heavy moderation.. ban some of the cancer users and moderate when threads get derailed as badly as they do around here.

-Spurs fan

Let's discuss basketball then.

Which spurs guard will be most detrimental to the team this year? Please explain your reasoning. Thanks in advance.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2015, 03:19 PM
Let's discuss basketball then.

Which spurs guard will be most detrimental to the team this year? Please explain your reasoning. Thanks in advance.What was your other name?

rastaspur
09-29-2015, 03:35 PM
What was your other name?

What was yours?

look_at_g_shred
09-29-2015, 03:37 PM
What was your other name?
Wasn't it rapper??..

rastaspur
09-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Wasn't it rapper??..

Come again?

Sec24Row7
09-29-2015, 05:27 PM
I used to come to this board to talk about basketball...

Now... There is no fucking basketball... just people trolling.

To find an educated or interesting point about anything NBA related... you have to wade through 100 posts of alts posting dipshit takes that they respond to with their other alt...

That has always been here... but now... its an "in" thing to do... and it makes the forum absolutely fucking worthless to a basketball fan.

It's a damn shame too... as much as spursreport sucks... this place, which used to be light years ahead on both freedom AND information... has just fallen into a pit of idiocy.

No one gives a fuck if TP9 ate a crepe or a croissant for breakfast or if Kawhi's corn rows are tighter this year than last.

The Troll Circle jerk needs to get shoved back into the troll forum where it belongs... but since the owners of the site have lost interest in the small amount of moderation they did to make this the best basketball forum on the web, its just fucking done.

tholdren
09-29-2015, 05:32 PM

To find an educated or interesting point about anything NBA related... you have to wade through 100 posts of alts posting dipshit takes that they respond to with their other alt...

That has always been here... but now... its an "in" thing to do... and it makes the forum absolutely fucking worthless to a basketball fan.

It's a damn shame too... as much as spursreport sucks... this place, which used to be light years ahead on both freedom AND information... has just fallen into a pit of idiocy.

No one gives a fuck if TP9 ate a crepe or a croissant for breakfast or if Kawhi's corn rows are tighter this year than last.

The Troll Circle jerk needs to get shoved back into the troll forum where it belongs... but since the owners of the site have lost interest in the small amount of moderation they did to make this the best basketball forum on the web, its just fucking done.

way to post about something basketball related.

Sec24Row7
09-29-2015, 05:40 PM
way to post about something basketball related.

"Basketball" - said 4 times

"NBA"- said once

Spurs - Said Once

Players mentioned - 2

But this is the shit I'm talking about... some gray named troll punk thinks his opinion about my post is worth mine and everyone else's time. Unbelievable.

Darius McCrary
09-29-2015, 06:01 PM

Yeah they need to take away the 4-5 posters shittons of trolls that post the same anti-parker faggot this faggot that stuff and make them only use one username. That way you can ignore their crap

Aztecfan03
09-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Why don't you check. Is this one of those "how much do you think porker weighs and how much should he lose" type of questions. :lmao
You are the one who made the claim. back it up. You can't.

Aztecfan03
09-29-2015, 06:40 PM
I think its generational. The Gen X / Gen Y crowd (and older generations) still values intelligent conversation. But we have gotten older and so cannot post as much.

So now we get to see the Millennials in action--and the cold hard truth. They are robotic meme-regurgitators. Conversation takes place on twitter via 140 characters. Everything is a game of memes and shallow jokes. Welcome to the Idiocracy.

sounds like certain posters on this board.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2015, 06:59 PM
What was yours?This one.

Who the hell asked you?I believe you did.

rastaspur
09-29-2015, 07:07 PM
This one.

I believe you did.

Am I obligated to answer your questions?

Why would you care about the history of a "rookie"?

ChumpDumper
09-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Am I obligated to answer your questions?Not at all.

Why would you care about the history of a "rookie"?Just curious. How could you be a rookie if you say you already had a screen name?

rastaspur
09-29-2015, 07:16 PM
Why would you assume I called myself a rookie?

Do you understand that rookie when put into quotation marks refers to your use of the word?

What does "rookie" mean in the merrian-chump dictionary?"

ChumpDumper
09-29-2015, 07:39 PM
Why would you assume I called myself a rookie? Were you talking about someone else? I don't consider you a rookie poster.

Do you understand that rookie when put into quotation marks refers to your use of the word?Yes, but I've been putting them in quotes all along, so you could just be using it the way I was.

What does "rookie" mean in the merrian-chump dictionary?"With or without quotation marks? It's kind of funny that your usage there could be seen either way.

tholdren
09-29-2015, 08:07 PM
"Basketball" - said 4 times

"NBA"- said once

Spurs - Said Once

Players mentioned - 2

But this is the shit I'm talking about... some gray named troll punk thinks his opinion about my post is worth mine and everyone else's time. Unbelievable.

Here's what I read, "waaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

mookie2001
09-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Chumpdumper has a lot of history on this site.

Sec24Row7
09-29-2015, 08:27 PM
Here's what I read, "waaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

No one accused you of being literate.

rastaspur
09-29-2015, 09:59 PM
Were you talking about someone else? I don't consider you a rookie poster.

Thanks for not considering me a rookie. That's awesome

Yes, but I've been putting them in quotes all along, so you could just be using it the way I was.

I could be.

With or without quotation marks? It's kind of funny that your usage there could be seen either way.

If quotes fundamentally change your definition then both would be great, chump.

This is fun. It's like having a conversation with janeane garofalo's twin brother.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2015, 10:08 PM
You need to reformat that.

"Rookie" mistake.

mookie2001
09-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Whottt thought that the energy drink full throttle dissolved illegal drugs, he was eccentric

Arcadian
09-30-2015, 11:44 AM
This topic really gets down to some core sociological issues. Do people need to be governed? Is absolute freedom a good thing, or is some degree of central planning/coordination necessary for an ideal society?

I don't agree that moderation is the solution, because the one thing I like about ST is the freedom of it. When I post in other forums, nothing annoys me more than overzealous mods and censorship. In that regard, ST is a candle in the dark. However, the rotten trash that rises to the surface is certainly causing me to reconsider my position on this.

If nothing else, ST has been a very interesting social experiment. What if we're all just subjects in an experiment, and a bunch of scientists are studying our behaviors every day? :lol