PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Top 10 all time updated

Down Under
09-25-2015, 06:13 PM
Now it's been established that most people don't rate players from before the 80s - either because the guards can't dribble with either their off hand or without keeping their head up or the bigs were dominating midgets, it means we can eliminate West, Russell, Wilt & Oscar . Who are the top 10 players of all time?

mj
magic
kareem
duncan
lebron
Olajuwon
Shaq
Kobe
Bird

I can't think of the tenth?

Infinite_limit
09-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Pippen, Barkley, Malone, McHale or Isiah

Take Kareem off the list. What did he really do in the 80s

UNT Eagles 2016
09-25-2015, 06:28 PM
Jordan
Magic
Bird
Duncan
Kobe
Lebron
Hakeem
Russell (era be damned)
Shaq
Kareem

In that order

Infinite_limit
09-25-2015, 06:28 PM
1. Jordan
2. Bird
3. Magic
4. Duncan
5. Kobe
6. Shaq
7. Hakeem
8. James
9. Pippen
10. Barkley

Tuddy
09-25-2015, 06:31 PM
Always find it hard to put Pippen near the top because of his lack of jump shot, despite the fact he was good at most other things.

Galileo
09-25-2015, 07:19 PM
1. Duncan
2. Hakeem
3. Moses
4. Magic
5. Bird
6. MJ
7. McHale
8. Barkley
9. Sidney Moncrief
10. Shaq

apalisoc_9
09-25-2015, 09:26 PM
Leonard, Kawhi will be in this list 5 years from now.

ambchang
09-25-2015, 09:39 PM
The original premise was retarded but the best players since 1980:
Jordan
Magic
Bird
Duncan
Moses
Hakeem
Shaq
Lebron
Kareem
Then it's a few names together like dirk, kg, Kobe and Barkley that are pretty much the same.

DMC
09-25-2015, 11:17 PM
So Karl Malone was what exactly?

Caltex2
09-26-2015, 12:35 AM
A player with such great acting and poetic kinesis, he'd put Janet Jackson to shame.

And you guys think some of today's players can flop. Cue the 90's vs. present comparisons again.

Infinite_limit
09-26-2015, 01:08 AM
So Karl Malone was what exactly?
I put him equal with Barkley. Karl better career but Charles better peak

Dirk over Pippen? I don't see it

TheGreatYacht
09-26-2015, 02:09 AM
Jordan
Kareem
Magic
Shaq
Duncan
Lebron
Wilt
Bird
Big O
Tony Parker

Infinite_limit
09-26-2015, 02:35 AM
Jordan
Kareem
Magic
Shaq
Duncan
Lebron
Wilt
Bird
Big O
Tony Parker
https://sportscityscramble.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/bird.jpg

Caltex2
09-26-2015, 09:55 AM
^

That picture was taken in Houston after they won the 1981 Finals.

:bang

daslicer
09-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Top 10 in no order

Jordan
Magic
Bird
Wilt
Russell
Jabbar
Shaq
Duncan
Olajuwon
Moses Malone

if Lebron wins another championship I can see him taking Bird's place.

Ashy Larry
09-26-2015, 10:30 PM
1. Jordan
2. Bird
3. Magic
4. Duncan
5. Kobe
6. Shaq
7. Hakeem
8. James
9. Pippen
10. Barkley

Having Bird over Magic probably won’t work, figuring Magic is 2-1 versus Bird when it really mattered and shoulda been 3-0 (gift in 1984).

Top Ten will usually have 11 names, in no order

Jordan
Jabbar
Magic
Bird
Duncan
Bryant
O’Neal
Olajuwon
Robertson
Russell
Chamberlain

James will make it 12 shortly. Once the ring total increase, shoo in.

DMC
09-26-2015, 10:49 PM
Having Bird over Magic probably won’t work, figuring Magic is 2-1 versus Bird when it really mattered and shoulda been 3-0 (gift in 1984).

Jordan
Jabbar
Magic
Bird
Duncan
Bryant
O’Neal
Olajuwon
Robertson
Russell
Chamberlain

You say "in no order" but you put Jordan first and Tim ahead of Kobe. That's your subliminal mind keeping you honest.

HemisfairArena
09-26-2015, 11:10 PM
Bird is not above Duncan,,look at the numbers. Top 5 should be somewhere around MJ, Magic, Duncan, Kareem, and Russell.

Infinite_limit
09-27-2015, 01:46 AM
So Lakers had the #2 & #3 player and yet accomplished? Where is McHale or Parrish?

Anti-White Bias

Caltex2
09-27-2015, 09:25 PM

Jordan
Jabbar
Magic
Bird
Duncan
Bryant
O’Neal
Olajuwon
Robertson
Russell
Chamberlain

3-1 if you count the Michigan State-Indiana State final.

lefty
09-27-2015, 09:38 PM
1. Duncan
2. Hakeem
3. Moses
4. Magic
5. Bird
6. MJ
7. McHale
8. Barkley
9. Sidney Moncrief
10. Shaq

Interesting

Moncrief was a fantastic 2 way player

Mitch
09-27-2015, 10:28 PM
Duncan in a top 5 :lol

Galileo
09-27-2015, 11:25 PM
Interesting

Moncrief was a fantastic 2 way player

Belongs in Hall of Fame. Was just a notch below Bird and Magic in his time.

Ashy Larry
10-12-2015, 04:18 AM
You say "in no order" but you put Jordan first and Tim ahead of Kobe. That's your subliminal mind keeping you honest.

Maybe. Maybe not. I have them in the 6-8 range along with Shaquille. You could put the three in either place and I probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

Ashy Larry
10-12-2015, 04:23 AM
3-1 if you count the Michigan State-Indiana State final.

If you're counting college and professional, Jabbar is probably number one. Dude's freshman squad was shitting on the nation's number one team. UCLA's varsity squad.

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2015, 01:46 PM
If you're counting college and professional, Jabbar is probably number one. Dude's freshman squad was shitting on the nation's number one team. UCLA's varsity squad.

Bill Walton also was shitting on the nation's number one team as a freshman. Wilt sonned NBA player as a highschool senior in Summer ball.

Kareem used to get his ass handed to him by Moses & never beat Moses despite having a superior team (0-2 vs. Moses in the postseason). Old ass Wilt also outplayed him in the title clincher when the Lakers beat the Bucks.

Mitch
10-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Ranking 10 is hard, it becomes a battle for who gets 6-10

My five are

Jordan
Johnson
Jabbar
Olajuwon
O'Neal

You get into players who never repeated after that and some who repeated but their stats don't stack up too well or too early to tell (Kobe, James, etc)

Clipper Nation
10-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Jordan
Kareem
Magic
Shaq
Duncan
Lebron
Wilt
Bird
Big O
Tony Parker

^ TheGreatFaggot's takes.

Ashy Larry
10-14-2015, 10:20 AM
Bill Walton also was shitting on the nation's number one team as a freshman. Wilt sonned NBA player as a highschool senior in Summer ball.

Kareem used to get his ass handed to him by Moses & never beat Moses despite having a superior team (0-2 vs. Moses in the postseason). Old ass Wilt also outplayed him in the title clincher when the Lakers beat the Bucks..

Most cats had problems with Moses. Dude was just a monster. And Wilt was a freak as well. Could have easily continued his career.

Horse
10-14-2015, 12:51 PM
Ranking 10 is hard, it becomes a battle for who gets 6-10

My five are

Jordan
Johnson
Jabbar
Olajuwon
O'Neal

You get into players who never repeated after that and some who repeated but their stats don't stack up too well or too early to tell (Kobe, James, etc)

So you have shaq at 5, never played D, not that great a rebounder for his size, could not be counted on down the stretch cause of free throws and a team killer at the end of his career? And let's not forget got away with murder knocking players over and out of the way. Just the biggest kid at the playground.

SpursforSix
10-14-2015, 01:03 PM

There is no doubt. He didn't have the benefit of being on stacked teams like Bird and Magic. Dude could play ball.
I remember Bird's ISU team barely beating Moncrief and Arkansas to make the Final Four.

Kawhitstorm
10-14-2015, 02:32 PM

Most cats had problems with Moses. Dude was just a monster. And Wilt was a freak as well. Could have easily continued his career.

But yet according to everyone & their mama Kareem is untouchable. Dude never won a chip w/o a top 10 All-Time player but yet people want to clown Wilt for losing to the Celtics w/o have a wingman as good as Magic/Oscar. He also got sonned by Elvin Hayes in Game of the Century when he was supposed to be the most dominant player in NCAA history & constantly brags nobody was able to block his sky hook when old ass Wilt was swatting his shyt to the 10th row. Kareem has just as many urban legends as Wilt.

EwHP04TWOps

Kawhitstorm
10-14-2015, 02:40 PM
There is no doubt. He didn't have the benefit of being on stacked teams like Bird and Magic. Dude could play ball.
I remember Bird's ISU team barely beating Moncrief and Arkansas to make the Final Four.

He was the Gary Payton of his era.

SpursforSix
10-14-2015, 02:53 PM
He was the Gary Payton of his era.

I don't really get that one.

SpursforSix
10-14-2015, 02:59 PM
For those of you not familiar with Moncrief...have you heard of Dr. J???

Well take a look at what Sir Sid does to him in a one on one game...

kpFe2kSBLb8

Kawhitstorm
10-14-2015, 04:02 PM

Are we not talking about Moncrief who was the closest thing to Gary Payton in the 80s? (I'm talking about their NBA careers not college)

SpursforSix
10-14-2015, 04:04 PM
Are we not talking about Moncrief who was the closest thing to Gary Payton in the 80s? (I'm talking about their NBA careers not college)

I think we are. I just didn't get the Gary Payton comparison. Other than they were both great 2 way players. Sydney was an SG and much more athletic than Payton. Not that Payton was a bad athlete. I just don't think of their games as similar.

Mitch
10-14-2015, 06:59 PM
So you have shaq at 5, never played D, not that great a rebounder for his size, could not be counted on down the stretch cause of free throws and a team killer at the end of his career? And let's not forget got away with murder knocking players over and out of the way. Just the biggest kid at the playground.

That's why I put him below Hakeem, despite having better achievements.

z0sa
10-14-2015, 07:25 PM
If Tim's not in your top 10, maybe even top 5 at this point, you're a hater.

Ashy Larry
10-16-2015, 06:11 AM
But yet according to everyone & their mama Kareem is untouchable. Dude never won a chip w/o a top 10 All-Time player but yet people want to clown Wilt for losing to the Celtics w/o have a wingman as good as Magic/Oscar. He also got sonned by Elvin Hayes in Game of the Century when he was supposed to be the most dominant player in NCAA history & constantly brags nobody was able to block his sky hook when old ass Wilt was swatting his shyt to the 10th row. Kareem has just as many urban legends as Wilt.

EwHP04TWOps

kinda noticed you threw in the game of the century which the Bruins lost by two points. Jabbar had an eye injury and had a shit game. When his eye was right, they met Houston again and the Bruins won by 32 when it really mattered - in the NCAA TOURNAMENT. Do the math. Bad eye: lose by two. Good eye: shits on Houston.

And Jabbar was responsible for that 1971 title with the Bucks. The Big O hadn't won anything up until that point he got with Kareem. Big O was on the down side of his career, avg'd a dub while Jabbar was dropping 31 and 16 a night. Robertson needed Jabbar more than vice versa. And since we're playing that he never won without a top ten teammates, and Jabbar is probably top three, how many titles Magic win without a top ten teammate? I think Jabbar was on the squad for every one of his titles.

As as far as Wilt, everyone knew he was a freak. A couple cats blocked the skyhook but more people got the business from that shot than blocked it consistently. And back then, the players voted for the MVP of the league. His peers thought hew as the best player in the game. Even when the Lakers didn't make the playoffs, his peers still voted him the MVP of the league. I wouldn't have but they did. Says a lot.

Ashy Larry
10-16-2015, 06:14 AM
If Tim's not in your top 10, maybe even top 5 at this point, you're a hater.

have him in the 6-8 range. Easily top 10.

Kawhitstorm
10-16-2015, 07:36 AM
kinda noticed you threw in the game of the century which the Bruins lost by two points. Jabbar had an eye injury and had a shit game. When his eye was right, they met Houston again and the Bruins won by 32 when it really mattered - in the NCAA TOURNAMENT. Do the math. Bad eye: lose by two. Good eye: shits on Houston.

And Jabbar was responsible for that 1971 title with the Bucks. The Big O hadn't won anything up until that point he got with Kareem. Big O was on the down side of his career, avg'd a dub while Jabbar was dropping 31 and 16 a night. Robertson needed Jabbar more than vice versa. And since we're playing that he never won without a top ten teammates, and Jabbar is probably top three, how many titles Magic win without a top ten teammate? I think Jabbar was on the squad for every one of his titles.

As as far as Wilt, everyone knew he was a freak. A couple cats blocked the skyhook but more people got the business from that shot than blocked it consistently. And back then, the players voted for the MVP of the league. His peers thought hew as the best player in the game. Even when the Lakers didn't make the playoffs, his peers still voted him the MVP of the league. I wouldn't have but they did. Says a lot.

Kareem ONLY bitched about the eye injury after he got his ass handed to him (he never gave credit to his opponent & was a sore loser). WTF does a scratched cornea have to do w/ playing defense? The Cougar were a big underdog against the Bruins who came in w/ a 47 game winning streak so the 2 point win was a huge upset. In the rematch the Bruins doubled & triple teamed Hayes so Kareem wouldn't get his ass dug out.

Kareem/Magic got fat feasting off a weak conference when they had a super team ala the Heat. They basically got a cakewalk to the Finals every season & the refs bailed them out in the 88 Finals otherwise those chip counts would be lower by at least one. I don't rank Magic as a top 5 player b/c he got outplayed by Kevin Johnson in crunch time during his MVP season (89-90) & couldn't compete w/ Jordan in the 91 Finals when he was All-NBA 1st team. His solo career was no better than Kidd's career w/ the Nets.

Players I'm ranking over Magic (only post-merger stars need apply):

Jordan
Wilt (Didn't play post-merger but he played against Kareem)
Tim
Hakeem
Moses
Shaq
Lew Alcindor

HarlemHeat37
10-16-2015, 09:34 AM
1. Dad Killer
2. Lebron
3. Duncan
4. Shaq
5. Kobe
6. Aids
7. Olajuwon
8. Garnett/Nowitzki
10. Bird(only including him so I don't get 100 notifications from White posters, tbh)

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-16-2015, 09:36 AM
Jordan
Magic
Bird
Kareem
Wilt
Russell
Tim
Olajuwon
Big O
West

Galileo
10-16-2015, 10:39 AM
Kareem ONLY bitched about the eye injury after he got his ass handed to him (he never gave credit to his opponent & was a sore loser). WTF does a scratched cornea have to do w/ playing defense? The Cougar were a big underdog against the Bruins who came in w/ a 47 game winning streak so the 2 point win was a huge upset. In the rematch the Bruins doubled & triple teamed Hayes so Kareem wouldn't get his ass dug out.

Kareem/Magic got fat feasting off a weak conference when they had a super team ala the Heat. They basically got a cakewalk to the Finals every season & the refs bailed them out in the 88 Finals otherwise those chip counts would be lower by at least one. I don't rank Magic as a top 5 player b/c he got outplayed by Kevin Johnson in crunch time during his MVP season (89-90) & couldn't compete w/ Jordan in the 91 Finals when he was All-NBA 1st team. His solo career was no better than Kidd's career w/ the Nets.

Jordan
Tim
Hakeem
Moses
Shaq
Lew Alcindor

There are a lot of good arguments that Magic was better than Jordan. For one thing, Magic was a true PG despite being 3 inches taller than Jordan.

Kawhitstorm
10-16-2015, 05:23 PM
There are a lot of good arguments that Magic was better than Jordan. For one thing, Magic was a true PG despite being 3 inches taller than Jordan.

Magic was a better PG (height is actually an ADVANTAGE b/c he can see over the defense) but Jordan was eons better as a defender/scorer. Even then in the 91 Finals Jordan had 57 assist/18 TOs meanwhile Magic had 62 assists/22 TOs & it was the Lakers frontline sonning the Bulls frontline in Gm 1 that prevented a Bulls sweep. Magic himself has said Jordan is the GOAT.

Ashy Larry
10-16-2015, 05:54 PM

Jordan
Tim
Hakeem
Moses
Shaq
Lew Alcindor

The Western Conference in the 80s was a cakewalk, 5 seeds were like 42-40, but then you go and put Wilt second when he was guarded by 6’6” white guys. I just used your logic and made your argument look pretty stupid. That’s the dumbest excuse in the world. Because Magic and the Lakers lost to the Suns, he’s not top five, where everyone else and their mother has him top five. Utterly stupid. He was on a super squad. So was Bird. Head to head when it mattered. Magic 2 Bird 1. And could have been easily 3-0 (1984). Lakers 3 wins by 18+ avg. Boston 4 wins avg around 7. After everything Erv did from 1980-1989, one bad series and he’s out? Crackish. Going into Philly as a rookie and dropping 42/15 and 7 eats up 1990.

OK, by that dumb ass logic, Tim is not top ten because he was shitted on in one series by Kobe and Shaquille, who you have ranked under him. That’s how crackheadish your argument sound?

Then you try to dismiss that game that really mattered, the title game in which Hayes gathered a whopping 5 rebounds??? THIS IS THE FINAL FOUR TO GET TO THE MONEY GAME. His guards had more rebounds than him. UCLA didn’t make every shot. He coulda got rebounds on the defensive end.
19 and 18 and a good eye will destroy 10 and 5 when it matters most. The Money Game. Game of the Century, streak broken. Was a big deal. 32 point turd stomping when the money is on the line. Lol @ bitched about the eye injury. Dude showed up with the shit covered, took it off and still played. They didn’t think the cat was gonna ball.

Cap will have that 1-3 spot sewn up by the majority of people.

Ashy Larry
10-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Magic was a better PG (height is actually an ADVANTAGE b/c he can see over the defense) but Jordan was eons better as a defender/scorer. Even then in the 91 Finals Jordan had 57 assist/18 TOs meanwhile Magic had 62 assists/22 TOs & it was the Lakers frontline sonning the Bulls frontline in Gm 1 that prevented a Bulls sweep. Magic himself has said Jordan is the GOAT.

They put that 6’7”-6’8” Scottie on Erv and it was a wrap. Can’t dismiss Magic because he lost to the Bulls. They shouldn’t have even been there that year. Blazers clearly were a better squad in 1991.

Kawhitstorm
10-16-2015, 06:10 PM
They put that 6’7”-6’8” Scottie on Erv and it was a wrap. Can’t dismiss Magic because he lost to the Bulls. They shouldn’t have even been there that year. Blazers clearly were a better squad in 1991.

Magic got outplayed by Kevin Johnson in crunch time during his MVP season in 89-90. Jordan couldn't be stopped no matter what they did on defense, he sliced them up finding the open man when they tried to trap him & he got buckets when they tried to play him straight up. Magic was out of commission once they put a guy his own size. The Blazers got their ass handed to them courtesy of Jordan in 92 anyways.

Sean Cagney
10-16-2015, 06:21 PM
Duncan in a top 5 :lol

I got him up there but not in the top 5.

1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Bird
5. Wilt
6. Timmay
7. Hakeem
8. Kobe
9. Russell
10. Shaq

Bynumite
10-16-2015, 06:38 PM
1. Dad Killer
2. Lebron
3. Duncan
4. Shaq
5. Kobe
6. Aids
7. Olajuwon
8. Garnett/Nowitzki
10. Bird(only including him so I don't get 100 notifications from White posters, tbh)

Now can you do a top 10 NBA human beings? :cry

:lmao

Ashy Larry
10-16-2015, 07:10 PM
Magic got outplayed by Kevin Johnson in crunch time during his MVP season in 89-90. Jordan couldn't be stopped no matter what they did on defense, he sliced them up finding the open man when they tried to trap him & he got buckets when they tried to play him straight up. Magic was out of commission once they put a guy his own size. The Blazers got their ass handed to them courtesy of Jordan in 92 anyways.

kinda hard to outplay someone when they out score you by eight and have one more assist. You make it sound like Kevin Johnson was a scrub. Dude could flat out play. And in a losing effort, Erv avg'd 30/12 and almost six rebounds. Damn sure wasn't on him. Was a changing of the guard in the west just like it went from the C's to the Pistons in the east. Magic was on the floor in crunch time. What about Wilt in game seven of the NBA finals in 69? Why you didn't bring that up? According to your logic, that right there puts Wilt in the 15-25 range. Lol @ game seven of the finals against your hated rival at home and not going back in. For shame.

You would have have had to shoot Erv to keep him out in that situation.

apalisoc_9
10-16-2015, 07:11 PM
Jordan
Tim
Lebron
Shaq
Olajuwon
Johnsons
Kobe
Garnet/wade/Nowtzki

Kawhitstorm
10-16-2015, 08:04 PM
kinda hard to outplay someone when they out score you by eight and have one more assist. You make it sound like Kevin Johnson was a scrub. Dude could flat out play. And in a losing effort, Erv avg'd 30/12 and almost six rebounds. Damn sure wasn't on him. Was a changing of the guard in the west just like it went from the C's to the Pistons in the east. Magic was on the floor in crunch time. What about Wilt in game seven of the NBA finals in 69? Why you didn't bring that up? According to your logic, that right there puts Wilt in the 15-25 range. Lol @ game seven of the finals against your hated rival at home and not going back in. For shame.

You would have have had to shoot Erv to keep him out in that situation.

Magic had the superior supporting or at least equivalent cast, Wilt didn't. Magic was Karl Malone status in that series, empty numbers but MIA in crunch time. LoL @ changing of the guard when he was the MVP of the league & KJ ain't never even finished top 5 in MVP voting. Jordan would have easily outclassed KJ despite not being the MVP of the league.

Kawhitstorm
10-16-2015, 08:06 PM
The Western Conference in the 80s was a cakewalk, 5 seeds were like 42-40, but then you go and put Wilt second when he was guarded by 6’6” white guys. I just used your logic and made your argument look pretty stupid. That’s the dumbest excuse in the world. Because Magic and the Lakers lost to the Suns, he’s not top five, where everyone else and their mother has him top five. Utterly stupid. He was on a super squad. So was Bird. Head to head when it mattered. Magic 2 Bird 1. And could have been easily 3-0 (1984). Lakers 3 wins by 18+ avg. Boston 4 wins avg around 7. After everything Erv did from 1980-1989, one bad series and he’s out? Crackish. Going into Philly as a rookie and dropping 42/15 and 7 eats up 1990.

OK, by that dumb ass logic, Tim is not top ten because he was shitted on in one series by Kobe and Shaquille, who you have ranked under him. That’s how crackheadish your argument sound?

Then you try to dismiss that game that really mattered, the title game in which Hayes gathered a whopping 5 rebounds??? THIS IS THE FINAL FOUR TO GET TO THE MONEY GAME. His guards had more rebounds than him. UCLA didn’t make every shot. He coulda got rebounds on the defensive end.
19 and 18 and a good eye will destroy 10 and 5 when it matters most. The Money Game. Game of the Century, streak broken. Was a big deal. 32 point turd stomping when the money is on the line. Lol @ bitched about the eye injury. Dude showed up with the shit covered, took it off and still played. They didn’t think the cat was gonna ball.

Cap will have that 1-3 spot sewn up by the majority of people.

Idiot, Magic has a lot of blemishes on his resume besides just the 1990 series against KJ where he turned into Karl Malone in the 4th quarter.

-Magic/Kareem & the loaded Lakers lost to Moses in 81 when all he had was an aging Calvin Murphy who outplayed Magic:lol. When Tim lost to the Lakers he was either neutralizing or outplaying Shaq despite having a much inferior supporting cast & no player worthy of being a wingman.

-Then they were backdoor swept by baby Hakeem who was the best player in the series over prime Magic. The Celtics handled the Rockets in the Finals with Bird being the best player in the series.

-In 83, they got stomped in the Finals w/ Magic shooting 40% & committing 24 turnovers in just 4 games while Mo Cheeks was running circles around him on the other end.

-You also have Tragic Johnson making an appearance in the 84 Finals against none other than Larry who took care of business.

-In 87, Lakers got luck as they faced a beatup Celtics team as McHale was playing w/ a broken foot & their path to the Finals was a bloodbath.

-In 88 Isiah w/ a sprained ankle was running circles around him in what was a closeout game for the Pistons before his ankle stiffened up in the 4th quarter. Even then it was the refs that cheated the Pistons out of a championship in Gm 7 by calling a touch foul on Laimbeer.

-In 89, Isiah/Dumars run him ragged on defense & he didn’t play like an MVP even before he snapped his hammy.

-In 90, won MVP & turned into Karl Malone in the 4th quarter.

-In 91, got outclassed by Jordan & didn’t fare better than Clyde against Pippen.

Kareem’s eye injury is the biggest cop out in the history of basketball. Dude isn’t a boxer, there is nothing preventing you from playing defense or rebounding in basketball if you have one eye. Dude wasn’t a shooter so it shouldn’t be a major factor on offense either. If he played w/ a broken foot or a badly sprained ankle then you would have an argument but it was just that the Bruins underestimated the Cougars & Kareem had never faced a player that stepped to him like Hayes until that game. The Cougars were trying to show the world they belong w/ the big boys thus were highly motivated. As far as the rematch, they doubled/tripled Hayes & he was going up against the Bruins frontline while being an undersized center. There aren’t going to be a lot of defensive rebound when a college team scores a 100 & has a power-forward (Sidney Wicks) the same size as the opposing center.

Wilt did just play against 6’6” white guys that would be your boy Mikan.
-Russell
-Nate Thurmond
-Walt Bellamy
-Jerry Lucas
-Willis Reed
-Wayne Embry

Broken down Wilt outplayed MVP Kareem in the title clincher in the 72 Finals to earn Jerry West his only title & Willis Reed used to punk Kareem before he broke down but couldn’t handle Wilt. If Moses can push Kareem around in the paint & force him the hit the gym then Wilt in his prime would have shattered his ego.

Only Hakeem/Tim are the ONLY two players to have ever carried a team to title without an all-star or player worthy of being a wing-man on their squad while outplaying their contemporaries who had a better supporting cast thus deserve to be top 5. Jordan took care of business once he had a legit wingman & Wilt absolutely man handled his competition.

Meanwhile BOTH Magic/Kareem never won a title without a top 10 All-Time player, played in a weak conference, had a loaded team & still got punked by their contemporaries (who had an inferior supporting cast) in the postseason.

Put LeBron in Magic’s spots & he would be getting crucified. Kareem’s individual accomplishment as a pro are also not greater than LeBron’s at the same point of their careers.

spurraider21
10-16-2015, 08:20 PM
1. Dad Killer
2. Lebron
3. Duncan
4. Shaq
5. Kobe
6. Aids
7. Olajuwon
8. Garnett/Nowitzki
Dirk above bird? :lol
Dirk above Kareem? :lol
I get you hate all basketball before you turned 10 years old, but if you have the sense to have magic that high then where are the others?

Ashy Larry
10-16-2015, 10:04 PM
Idiot, Magic has a lot of blemishes on his resume besides just the 1990 series against KJ where he turned into Karl Malone in the 4th quarter.

-Magic/Kareem & the loaded Lakers lost to Moses in 81 when all he had was an aging Calvin Murphy who outplayed Magic:lol. When Tim lost to the Lakers he was either neutralizing or outplaying Shaq despite having a much inferior supporting cast & no player worthy of being a wingman.

-Then they were backdoor swept by baby Hakeem who was the best player in the series over prime Magic. The Celtics handled the Rockets in the Finals with Bird being the best player in the series.

-In 83, they got stomped in the Finals w/ Magic shooting 40% & committing 24 turnovers in just 4 games while Mo Cheeks was running circles around him on the other end.

-You also have Tragic Johnson making an appearance in the 84 Finals against none other than Larry who took care of business.

-In 87, Lakers got luck as they faced a beatup Celtics team as McHale was playing w/ a broken foot & their path to the Finals was a bloodbath.

-In 88 Isiah w/ a sprained ankle was running circles around him in what was a closeout game for the Pistons before his ankle stiffened up in the 4th quarter. Even then it was the refs that cheated the Pistons out of a championship in Gm 7 by calling a touch foul on Laimbeer.

-In 89, Isiah/Dumars run him ragged on defense & he didn’t play like an MVP even before he snapped his hammy.

-In 90, won MVP & turned into Karl Malone in the 4th quarter.

-In 91, got outclassed by Jordan & didn’t fare better than Clyde against Pippen.

Kareem’s eye injury is the biggest cop out in the history of basketball. Dude isn’t a boxer, there is nothing preventing you from playing defense or rebounding in basketball if you have one eye. Dude wasn’t a shooter so it shouldn’t be a major factor on offense either. If he played w/ a broken foot or a badly sprained ankle then you would have an argument but it was just that the Bruins underestimated the Cougars & Kareem had never faced a player that stepped to him like Hayes until that game. The Cougars were trying to show the world they belong w/ the big boys thus were highly motivated. As far as the rematch, they doubled/tripled Hayes & he was going up against the Bruins frontline while being an undersized center. There aren’t going to be a lot of defensive rebound when a college team scores a 100 & has a power-forward (Sidney Wicks) the same size as the opposing center.

Wilt did just play against 6’6” white guys that would be your boy Mikan.
-Russell
-Nate Thurmond
-Walt Bellamy
-Jerry Lucas
-Willis Reed
-Wayne Embry

Broken down Wilt outplayed MVP Kareem in the title clincher in the 72 Finals to earn Jerry West his only title & Willis Reed used to punk Kareem before he broke down but couldn’t handle Wilt. If Moses can push Kareem around in the paint & force him the hit the gym then Wilt in his prime would have shattered his ego.

Only Hakeem/Tim are the ONLY two players to have ever carried a team to title without an all-star or player worthy of being a wing-man on their squad while outplaying their contemporaries who had a better supporting cast thus deserve to be top 5. Jordan took care of business once he had a legit wingman & Wilt absolutely man handled his competition.

Meanwhile BOTH Magic/Kareem never won a title without a top 10 All-Time player, played in a weak conference, had a loaded team & still got punked by their contemporaries (who had an inferior supporting cast) in the postseason.

Put LeBron in Magic’s spots & he would be getting crucified. Kareem’s individual accomplishment as a pro are also not greater than LeBron’s at the same point of their careers.

nice novel.

You typed everything mostly everyone here knows. You posted the blemishes that everyone knows. The tragic Johnson. All that and yet, go back and look at most people's lists. Go look at sports writer's list. And go and look at the contemporaries list. With all them knowing that, where did they put Erv? IN THE TOP FIVE. AND RATED THE LEAGUE'S GREATEST POINT GUARD. You make it seem like losing to Jordan or getting rolled by the Sixers was a bad thing. Even with Worthy and Kupchak out in 1983, no squad was stopping that Sixers train. No one. Losing in the finals happen. All the greats have lost in the finals except for a rare few.

And you can have the game of the Century. Ask Hayes which game would he have wanted the most. A streak breaker or a ticket to the big dance. I think we both know what game he wanted. And once again, knowing what we all know about Jabbar and his meaningless six MVP's and gifted titles, where would his contemporaries and players and writer put him? You're definitely in the minority and it's a very small minority.

lol @ eye wasn't a factor. Let just get a bunch of blind kids and have them run up and down on the court if eyes aren't a factor.

Kawhitstorm
10-17-2015, 02:59 AM
nice novel.

You typed everything mostly everyone here knows. You posted the blemishes that everyone knows. The tragic Johnson. All that and yet, go back and look at most people's lists. Go look at sports writer's list. And go and look at the contemporaries list. With all them knowing that, where did they put Erv? IN THE TOP FIVE. AND RATED THE LEAGUE'S GREATEST POINT GUARD. You make it seem like losing to Jordan or getting rolled by the Sixers was a bad thing. Even with Worthy and Kupchak out in 1983, no squad was stopping that Sixers train. No one. Losing in the finals happen. All the greats have lost in the finals except for a rare few.

And you can have the game of the Century. Ask Hayes which game would he have wanted the most. A streak breaker or a ticket to the big dance. I think we both know what game he wanted. And once again, knowing what we all know about Jabbar and his meaningless six MVP's and gifted titles, where would his contemporaries and players and writer put him? You're definitely in the minority and it's a very small minority.

lol @ eye wasn't a factor. Let just get a bunch of blind kids and have them run up and down on the court if eyes aren't a factor.

Every heard of nostalgia? The reason Magic/Bird get ranked as high as they do is because they saved the league from the crack era & played in two of the biggest sports markets. It just so happens they also landed on two team w/ a loaded roster thus were able to collect hardware.

Had Moses played in New York he would have been top 5 in everyone's list but dude wasted his prime in tornado alley. Put Wilt on the 60s Celtics & he would have been the unanimous GOAT. We all saw how Magic/Kareem fared when they didn't have an all-time top 10 wing-man despite still have a very solid supporting cast but people want to trash LeBron for not winning a chip playing w/ a bunch of scrubs:lol. Wilt got his without an all-time top 10 wingman but let's also trash him:lol. Bill Walton matched Kareem's success at UCLA & won a chip without an all-time top 10 wingman but Kareem is untouchable:lmao. There used to be cats that claimed Mikan was the GOAT but they died off two decades ago. There are old school cats who subjectively rank players based on the amount of ring & claim Russell is the GOAT until someone wins 11 championships:downspin:. Magic better than Jordan, Why? Just b/c he preceded him:rolleyes. If that is the majority you want to side with then go ahead....ole' nostalgic ass mothafuckas.

Kareem's bitch ass wouldn't guard Hayes 1-on-1 in the rematch when he had a healthy pair of eyes.....I wonder why? If you have one eye you can play defense in basketball. Steve Nash played point guard w/ one of his eyes closed shut & Amare played w/ a detached retina.

Ashy Larry
10-17-2015, 03:30 AM
Every heard of nostalgia? The reason Magic/Bird get ranked as high as they do is because they saved the league from the crack era & played in two of the biggest sports markets. It just so happens they also landed on two team w/ a loaded roster thus were able to collect hardware.

Had Moses played in New York he would have been top 5 in everyone's list but dude wasted his prime in tornado alley. Put Wilt on the 60s Celtics & he would have been the unanimous GOAT. We all saw how Magic/Kareem fared when they didn't have an all-time top 10 wing-man despite still have a very solid supporting cast but people want to trash LeBron for not winning a chip playing w/ a bunch of scrubs:lol. Wilt got his without an all-time top 10 wingman but let's also trash him:lol. Bill Walton matched Kareem's success at UCLA & won a chip without an all-time top 10 wingman but Kareem is untouchable:lmao. There used to be cats that claimed Mikan was the GOAT but they died off two decades ago. There are old school cats who subjectively rank players based on the amount of ring & claim Russell is the GOAT until someone wins 11 championships:downspin:. Magic better than Jordan, Why? Just b/c he preceded him:rolleyes. If that is the majority you want to side with then go ahead....ole' nostalgic ass mothafuckas.

Kareem's bitch ass wouldn't guard Hayes 1-on-1 in the rematch when he had a healthy pair of eyes.....I wonder why? If you have one eye you can play defense in basketball. Steve Nash played point guard w/ one of his eyes closed shut & Amare played w/ a detached retina.

Yeah, we saw how Magic and Kareem fared without a top ten wingman. They won two titles in 80 and 82 but to downgrade their accomplishments, you'll go directly to 1981. And Moses played in Houston. It was the fifth largest market in the US at the time. Houstpn was a huge sports market back then. Luv ya blue Oilers, Astros and the ugly uniforms and the Houston Rockets and later Cougars were poppin'. So kill that noise.

I'll do what you're doing. Duncan can't be in the top five because he got swept and shitstomped often by Kirby. That's how crazy your theories sound. Everyone know Hayes was a beast and yet the Big E is often forgotten. While Jabbar was so dominant, they wouldn't let the dude dunk. Only made him more deadly with the skyhook. Dude 38 years old and still gettin' buckets.

And as far as putting Wilt on the Celtics, his ass went to the Lakers - with Baylor and West, bitched and pouted on the bench in game seven of the NBA finals at home. Then followed that up the next year getting dicked by broke leg Willis Reed and being pushed around by 6'6" white guy Dave DeBusschere. Make sure you use your logic and put Wilt in the 30-35 range because of those two massive fuck ups.

Spurtacular
10-17-2015, 03:39 AM
1. Duncan
2. Hakeem
3. Moses
4. Magic
5. Bird
6. MJ
7. McHale
8. Barkley
9. Sidney Moncrief
10. Shaq

Heh?

Spurtacular
10-17-2015, 03:41 AM

Then, makes the C's having to beat the Sixers and Bucks in the early 80s while the Lakers played nobodies more impressive.

Ashy Larry
10-17-2015, 03:46 AM
Then, makes the C's having to beat the Sixers and Bucks in the early 80s while the Lakers played nobodies more impressive.

Good of talent in the west but definitely agree here. Bucks always got the short end of the string in this triangle. Sucks when you win 59 games and end up a three seed because Boston has 63 and Filly 61. Those three were trying like hell not to get that 2 or 3 seed.

Kawhitstorm
10-17-2015, 04:28 AM
Yeah, we saw how Magic and Kareem fared without a top ten wingman. They won two titles in 80 and 82 but to downgrade their accomplishments, you'll go directly to 1981. And Moses played in Houston. It was the fifth largest market in the US at the time. Houstpn was a huge sports market back then. Luv ya blue Oilers, Astros and the ugly uniforms and the Houston Rockets and later Cougars were poppin'. So kill that noise.

I'll do what you're doing. Duncan can't be in the top five because he got swept and shitstomped often by Kirby. That's how crazy your theories sound. Everyone know Hayes was a beast and yet the Big E is often forgotten. While Jabbar was so dominant, they wouldn't let the dude dunk. Only made him more deadly with the skyhook. Dude 38 years old and still gettin' buckets.

Idiot, Magic & Kareem are EACH OTHER's wing-man similar to Kobe/Shaq or Wade/LeBron. Worthy was a 3rd wheel like Bosh even though he became a wing-man in the late 80s along w/ B.Scott stepping up his play as Kareem was aging; still it was Kareem that got the rock when they need a bucket. Basically, what I was referring to is Kareem without Big O/Magic & Magic without Kareem, they both exactly won a combined ZERO chips.

As far as Moses what am referring to is him playing in tornado alley w/ a mediocre supporting cast. If he played in New York w/ a similar supporting cast as Kareem, Magic, Bird...etc he would have been put on a pedestal. We all saw how he tore up the league when he finally had a legit supporting cast in 83. Hakeem won back-to-back in Houston & most casual folks don't even remember it, had Ewing won back-to-back w/ the Knicks folks would still be talking about it as if it happened yesterday.

LoL @ trying to compare the Lakers stomping the Spurs in 2001 to the Sixers stomping the Lakers when Tim's wing-man was Antonio Daniels:lmao. Meanwhile Lakers ROLE players: Norm Nixon, Jamaal Wilkes, McAdoo, Cooper:rolleyes.

The Lakers got stomped b/c Magic was miserable in that series (got outplayed by Mo Cheeks) & Moses caved in Kareem's chest. The Spurs got stomped b/c Tim's wingman was a backup guard going up against Kobe:downspin:.

Ashy Larry
10-17-2015, 05:01 PM
Idiot, Magic & Kareem are EACH OTHER's wing-man similar to Kobe/Shaq or Wade/LeBron. Worthy was a 3rd wheel like Bosh even though he became a wing-man in the late 80s along w/ B.Scott stepping up his play as Kareem was aging; still it was Kareem that got the rock when they need a bucket. Basically, what I was referring to is Kareem without Big O/Magic & Magic without Kareem, they both exactly won a combined ZERO chips.

As far as Moses what am referring to is him playing in tornado alley w/ a mediocre supporting cast. If he played in New York w/ a similar supporting cast as Kareem, Magic, Bird...etc he would have been put on a pedestal. We all saw how he tore up the league when he finally had a legit supporting cast in 83. Hakeem won back-to-back in Houston & most casual folks don't even remember it, had Ewing won back-to-back w/ the Knicks folks would still be talking about it as if it happened yesterday.

LoL @ trying to compare the Lakers stomping the Spurs in 2001 to the Sixers stomping the Lakers when Tim's wing-man was Antonio Daniels:lmao. Meanwhile Lakers ROLE players: Norm Nixon, Jamaal Wilkes, McAdoo, Cooper:rolleyes.

The Lakers got stomped b/c Magic was miserable in that series (got outplayed by Mo Cheeks) & Moses caved in Kareem's chest. The Spurs got stomped b/c Tim's wingman was a backup guard going up against Kobe:downspin:.

like Derek Anderson would have fared better against that Laker train. That 2001 Spurs squad finished with the league's best record. They just got ran up in. Kirby dunking on Jim and soft ass Robinson. Similar to that 1983 beating, once Bryant got his head out of his ass and they started playing team ball, there wasn't no stopping that train. Ask the Blazers, Kings and Sixers as well. Hell, you can say Robinson was Duncan's so-called wing man. The dude put up 17 and 12 in the two previous series. Don't make it seem like Tim didn't have help. Spurs marched through the regular season and shitted on the Wolves and Mavs with Robinson being a damn good second but once he faced that Laker train, he was all alone. Ok.

As as far as out playing, Mo Cheeks didn't outplay Magic. Your definition of outplaying is sure different than the rest of the world. Magic damn near avg'd a triple double that series. But since it was Erv, those are empty stats. If Mo had outplayed Erv, he should have clearly dominated. Dude was the 4th leading scorer on that squad but outplayed Erv. Ok. Wait, that almost triple double were once again empty stats.

And Moses was in the prime of his life. A 27 year old prime Moses destroyed a 35 year old Jabbar. Stevie Wonder could see that. Father Time will always side with the prime 20 year old instead of the soon to be guy who's already taking about hanging it up. That was one of my favorite squads to watch back then. And Andrew Toney will always be one of my favorite players. Everyone bowed to that Sixers squad just like in 2001. Nothing wrong with that. Hell, Tragic lost the following year in a series they should have won. He choked. Came back the next year and clinch on the parque floor. And the old ass Jabbar was the series MVP. But, those are empty points as well.

Kawhitstorm
10-17-2015, 06:36 PM
like Derek Anderson would have fared better against that Laker train. That 2001 Spurs squad finished with the league's best record. They just got ran up in. Kirby dunking on Jim and soft ass Robinson. Similar to that 1983 beating, once Bryant got his head out of his ass and they started playing team ball, there wasn't no stopping that train. Ask the Blazers, Kings and Sixers as well. Hell, you can say Robinson was Duncan's so-called wing man. The dude put up 17 and 12 in the two previous series. Don't make it seem like Tim didn't have help. Spurs marched through the regular season and shitted on the Wolves and Mavs with Robinson being a damn good second but once he faced that Laker train, he was all alone. Ok.

As as far as out playing, Mo Cheeks didn't outplay Magic. Your definition of outplaying is sure different than the rest of the world. Magic damn near avg'd a triple double that series. But since it was Erv, those are empty stats. If Mo had outplayed Erv, he should have clearly dominated. Dude was the 4th leading scorer on that squad but outplayed Erv. Ok. Wait, that almost triple double were once again empty stats.

And Moses was in the prime of his life. A 27 year old prime Moses destroyed a 35 year old Jabbar. Stevie Wonder could see that. Father Time will always side with the prime 20 year old instead of the soon to be guy who's already taking about hanging it up. That was one of my favorite squads to watch back then. And Andrew Toney will always be one of my favorite players. Everyone bowed to that Sixers squad just like in 2001. Nothing wrong with that. Hell, Tragic lost the following year in a series they should have won. He choked. Came back the next year and clinch on the parque floor. And the old ass Jabbar was the series MVP. But, those are empty points as well.

So LeBron winning 66 games meant he had a legit wingman? Mo Williams:lmao. We all saw how good Tim's supporting cast was in the 2000 postseason when they were only able to win ONE game despite having home-court advantage & got bounced by a mediocre Suns team playing WITHOUT Kidd. A year earlier the Spurs had bum-rushed the league when Tim led them to promise land but Admiral turned bitch-mode & shot 37% against Corie Blount/Luc Longley:lmao when he had to rescue the team like a true wingman. In 2001 Admiral showed no heart & looked defeated against Shaq just like he did against Hakeem in 95, in 2002 he copped out of the series by claiming his back flared up; it was only in 2003 Pop had enough of his bitch ass & sent Malik Rose to battle Shaq. There is a reason Tim won consecutive MVP follow the 2001 debacle after everyone saw the burden that had been placed on his shoulder since Admiral was clearly not wing-man material in the postseason. FOH trying to compare the 2000-01 Spurs supporting cast/wing-man to the 82-83 Lakers supporting cast/wing-men.

-Magic was horrendous at the Forum: 17 turnovers, shot 11-33, 20 assists, 3 steals ...Sure did average a triple double w/ turnover. He had Mo Cheeks running circles around him while shooting an abysmal 33%. It's not like he was playing 1-on-5 like LeBron & Tim.
-Cheeks: 13-22, 5 TOs, 12 Assists, 6 steals

You can give Kareem a pass b/c he was going up against Big Mo but Bernard King with a bunch of bums put up a better fight than Magic & Moncrief was able to put a blemish on the Sixers record.

Kareem at his peak w/o a top 10 all-Time players: Zero chip
Magic at his peak w/o a top 10 all-time player: Zero chip
How many title did Bird win without MULTIPLE HOFers in the prime? Zero
......But let's take points off LeBron b/c he won a title playing w/ hobbled Wade & Bosh getting sonned by Hibbert:lmao, let's take point off Jordan for NEVER losing w/ prime Pippen whom many people dispute isn't a top 50 all-time :lmao, let's take point of Tim b/c he played w/ past-prime Admiral who struggled against the likes of Ostertag:lmao
:lol

Ashy Larry
10-17-2015, 07:12 PM
So LeBron winning 66 games meant he had a legit wingman? Mo Williams:lmao. We all saw how good Tim's supporting cast was in the 2000 postseason when they were only able to win ONE game despite having home-court advantage & got bounced by a mediocre Suns team playing WITHOUT Kidd. A year earlier the Spurs had bum-rushed the league when Tim led them to promise land but Admiral turned bitch-mode & shot 37% against Corie Blount/Luc Longley:lmao when he had to rescue the team like a true wingman. In 2001 Admiral showed no heart & looked defeated against Shaq just like he did against Hakeem in 95, in 2002 he copped out of the series by claiming his back flared up; it was only in 2003 Pop had enough of his bitch ass & sent Malik Rose to battle Shaq. There is a reason Tim won consecutive MVP follow the 2001 debacle after everyone saw the burden that had been placed on his shoulder since Admiral was clearly not wing-man material in the postseason. FOH trying to compare the 2000-01 Spurs supporting cast/wing-man to the 82-83 Lakers supporting cast/wing-men.

-Magic was horrendous at the Forum: 17 turnovers, shot 11-33, 20 assists, 3 steals ...Sure did average a triple double w/ turnover. He had Mo Cheeks running circles around him while shooting an abysmal 33%. It's not like he was playing 1-on-5 like LeBron & Tim.
-Cheeks: 13-22, 5 TOs, 12 Assists, 6 steals

You can give Kareem a pass b/c he was going up against Big Mo but Bernard King with a bunch of bums put up a better fight than Magic & Moncrief was able to put a blemish on the Sixers record.

Kareem at his peak w/o a top 10 all-Time players: Zero chip
Magic at his peak w/o a top 10 all-time player: Zero chip
How many title did Bird win without MULTIPLE HOFers in the prime? Zero
......But let's take points off LeBron b/c he won a title playing w/ hobbled Wade & Bosh getting sonned by Hibbert:lmao, let's take point off Jordan for NEVER losing w/ prime Pippen whom many people dispute isn't a top 50 all-time :lmao, let's take point of Tim b/c he played w/ past-prime Admiral who struggled against the likes of Ostertag:lmao
:lol

LeBron getting 66 wins was partly due to playing in a pretty doo doo conference, kinda animist to the 80s Western Conference. And I never take points off players when they win a title. Injuries are part of the game. So are scheduled and weak conferences. It is what it is.

As as far as Magic in Inglewood. Dude was brutal. Like I stated, no one was stopping that train. Playing 48 minutes in a losing effort don't help either. He lost back to back finals. Labeled a choker. After that, I think he did fairly well regaining his ballsac.

it takes talent to win. The 80s were a different time. Wasn't as many squads and you could keep your players. And Robinson wasn't as bad as you make him out to be. With that said, Jim was that good. Dominant actually.

Kawhitstorm
10-17-2015, 08:03 PM
LeBron getting 66 wins was partly due to playing in a pretty doo doo conference, kinda animist to the 80s Western Conference. And I never take points off players when they win a title. Injuries are part of the game. So are scheduled and weak conferences. It is what it is.

As as far as Magic in Inglewood. Dude was brutal. Like I stated, no one was stopping that train. Playing 48 minutes in a losing effort don't help either. He lost back to back finals. Labeled a choker. After that, I think he did fairly well regaining his ballsac.

it takes talent to win. The 80s were a different time. Wasn't as many squads and you could keep your players. And Robinson wasn't as bad as you make him out to be. With that said, Jim was that good. Dominant actually.

Besides disappearing against the Lakers numerous times, Robinson choked against the Jazz in 98 otherwise rookie Tim would have had a chance to go head-2-head against Jordan's Bulls. Dude was miserable on offense in the 4th quarter for the entire series (got outplayed by Greg Foster) & on defense Malone handed him his ass on a platter when the Spurs had a chance to tie the series 2-2:
7bsuLF0DqzU

Tim as a rookie meanwhile was carrying the team on his back during his 1st ever postseason game:
FB7XD8km7L0

I'll give Admiral credit for manning up in the 99 postseason & playing like a wing-man but that was after it was established that the Spurs were Team Duncan thus Admiral didn't have the pressure that came with being the face of a franchise. Folks had also given up on Admiral after his many postseason failures thus he was also able to play freely.