PDA

View Full Version : Open carry

RD2191
09-26-2015, 08:37 AM
So I'm working (harvest) in Boring USA and some 30 something douche is walking around with a handgun strapped to his side inside the local grocery store. Crofl. Store is full of fucking old ass people who can hardly walk.

z0sa
09-26-2015, 09:33 AM
Kool

RD2191
09-26-2015, 09:44 AM
Kool

Aid man

m>s
09-26-2015, 11:35 AM
I've thought about this and I'd rather carry concealed for many reasons

ElBorracho
09-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Open carry is great.
http://www.shepherdandosborne.net/images/page_images/Transporting_Alcohol.jpg

Koolaid_Man
09-26-2015, 12:56 PM
I've thought about this and I'd rather carry concealed for many reasons

There's nothing to think about..only a backwoods fool would have even thought it wise or a good idea to open carry in da first place..all you're doing is allowing the real criminals to get a drop on you...they have theirs concealed whereas they see yours....its a foolish reasoning by stupid people who think by showing it they're actually intimidating someone when all they're really doing is showing their hand :lol

z0sa
09-26-2015, 01:31 PM
There's nothing to think about..only a backwoods fool would have even thought it wise or a good idea to open carry in da first place..all you're doing is allowing the real criminals to get a drop on you...they have theirs concealed whereas they see yours....its a foolish reasoning by stupid people who think by showing it they're actually intimidating someone when all they're really doing is showing their hand :lol

That's a small minded look at it, yeah. Child's point of view. If it was 1 on 1, sure, the demonic evil bastard hiding his gun will have the one up in the case of a surprise attack.

In reality, crazies who shoot up grocery stores or other public places would absolutely be discouraged if they saw multiple people carrying in the place. They're not gonna be able to kill everyone. And even if they do they are gonna be wide open to hand to hand attacks from the flanks.

Koolaid_Man
09-26-2015, 01:54 PM
That's a small minded look at it, yeah. Child's point of view. If it was 1 on 1, sure, the demonic evil bastard hiding his gun will have the one up in the case of a surprise attack.

In reality, crazies who shoot up grocery stores or other public places would absolutely be discouraged if they saw multiple people carrying in the place. They're not gonna be able to kill everyone. And even if they do they are gonna be wide open to hand to hand attacks from the flanks.

:lmao You're a gotdam moron if you belee dat....

By the very definition crazies don't give a fuck who they go after....for the most part they come prepared to die or kill themselves...only a fool who's scared to come outside or havent seen no real shit go down would think like this.....people don't give a fuck showing your gun don't mean shit.. it only mean shit to those who aren't criminals....you're totally clueless dude :lol

Most of them muthafuckers come with body armor and high mag clips. .they not too worried bout your small arms fire...if they fall they fall.that's the reasoning...

m>s
09-26-2015, 02:49 PM
fuck you still post here

z0sa
09-26-2015, 02:58 PM
:lmao You're a gotdam moron if you belee dat....

By the very definition crazies don't give a fuck who they go after....for the most part they come prepared to die or kill themselves...only a fool who's scared to come outside or havent seen no real shit go down would think like this.....people don't give a fuck showing your gun don't mean shit.. it only mean shit to those who aren't criminals....you're totally clueless dude :lol

Most of them muthafuckers come with body armor and high mag clips. .they not too worried bout your small arms fire...if they fall they fall.that's the reasoning...

Like I said, simple minded.

They fall they fall is correct, but it has an important caveat - they're taking people with them. They don't want to die in a 1 on 1 gunfight, fool. They want to kill a bunch of helpless people.

DMC
09-26-2015, 11:11 PM
So I'm working (harvest) in Boring USA and some 30 something douche is walking around with a handgun strapped to his side inside the local grocery store. Crofl. Store is full of fucking old ass people who can hardly walk.

Migrant workers like you shouldn't fuck with the locals.

SpursforSix
09-27-2015, 12:38 AM
If I'm about to have to draw down on a peep, I want the gun as accessible as possible. Which means in a hip holster for a cross draw.

Re-Animator
09-27-2015, 07:09 AM
If I'm about to have to draw down on a peep, I want the gun as accessible as possible. Which means in a hip holster for a cross draw.

I'd bitch slap your ass.
http://i.imgur.com/13LXGh5.jpg

boutons_deux
09-27-2015, 11:29 AM
Study Says Concealed Carry Permits Don't Affect Crime (http://www.texastribune.org/2015/09/24/study-says-concealed-carry-permits-dont-affect-cri/)

The study published in the Journal of Criminology looked at the connection between crime rates and concealed handgun permits for each county in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida and Texas.

Researchers used two sources of data from 1998 to 2010: concealed handgun license information and arrest data from Uniform Crime Reports, which the FBI compiles nationwide to gauge arrests for serious crimes including homicide, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, theft and arson.

Overall, they found no connection between allowing concealed weapons and crime rates, which are trending downward nationwide.

“The idea that concealed handguns lead to less crime is at the center of much firearms legislation, but the science behind that conclusion has been murky,” said study lead Charles D. Phillips, an emeritus regents professor at the Texas A&M Health Science Center School of Public Health, in a statement.

“The results have been so inconclusive that the National Academy of Sciences in 2004 called for a new approaches to studying the issue, which is what we’ve done with this research.”

The study comes after Texas lawmakers decided to allow concealed handguns on college campuses. Supporters argued that concealed carry in general prevents crime, while opponents say it can amplify tense situations and create violent ends for disputes. The campus-carry legislation that Gov. Greg Abbott (http://www.texastribune.org/directory/greg-abbott/) signed into law in June begins to take effect next year.

While previous studies looked at crime rates before and after concealed carry legislation passed in states, the A&M study focused on county-level data while gauging change in crime rates over time.

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/09/24/study-says-concealed-carry-permits-dont-affect-cri/

RandomGuy
09-28-2015, 12:40 PM

"crazies who shoot up grocery stores or other public places would absolutely be discouraged" By definition, "crazies" are not thinking rationally. Most of them commit suicide or are bent on martyrdom anyway, so the threat of death either doesn't register or is welcomed.

Some rather compelling evidence from a long-ranged study on guns and crime rates indicates that it doesn't even really affect regular crime:
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article36807687.html

Not 100% conclusive, but it does suggest that the road to gun nirvana pushed by gun nuts is lot less clear than they would have us believe, IMO.

Quetzal-X
09-28-2015, 05:01 PM

Thanks for picking America's crops. I appreciate you guys Beto.

RD2191
09-28-2015, 06:24 PM
Thanks for picking America's crops. I appreciate you guys Beto.

:lol I just sit back and make sure everything runs smoothly. I'm the boss, son.

Quetzal-X
09-28-2015, 06:52 PM
:lol I just sit back and make sure everything runs smoothly. I'm the boss, son.

My nigga tbh

Biernutz
09-28-2015, 07:04 PM
I'm all in for open carry ........

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/open%20carry_zpsqlt7sby6.jpg

D_Admiral
10-01-2015, 09:02 AM
Though I'm still debating how I feel about the issue, Idon't think those links regarding concelead carry can just automatically be correleated and deemed accurate in terms of the effects of open carry and victimization. Much different story targeting a victim who does not appear to have aa firearm as opposed to one who does.

What should be looked up are crime rates since the legislation for open carry passed on one of the 28 states who have open carry, and compare those rates to rates before the legislation passed

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm all in for open carry ........

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/open%20carry_zpsqlt7sby6.jpg

Your a good man BN....now tell me who dat in the pic...man I would love to suck on those big fake ditties...shes cute and has a nice ass too...:toast

boutons_deux
10-01-2015, 03:42 PM
"What should be looked up are crime rates since the legislation for open carry passed on one of the 28 states who have open carry, and compare those rates to rates before the legislation passed"

A&M says no change in crime by county from concealed carry. Why open carry be any different? There won't be that many walking around to scare dissuade criminals, who probably fire first at the o/c assholes.

D_Admiral
10-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Since we can actually see statistics from the moment open carry has been enacted in other states wouldn't that be more accurate than stats concerning concealed carry? I don't think it's fair to correlate the two. So many factors can come into account. II truly am still undecided on the issue. On one hand there is some merit to what a poster earlier said about businesses using gratuities for police in order to use their presence as a deterrent. It is possible the visible presence of a gun may keep you from being targeted and victimized. As opposed to having a concealed weapon, in case you need it. However, I do admit it will not stop crime from occurring. Furthermore, I'm unsure if open carry will have a positive effect in the long run. Let's assume open carry acts as a deterrent for petty crimes, and robberies etc, will open carry escalate the severity of the crime? There are a bunch of possible variable that those statistics do not take into account, furthermore the UCR which was used to compile those statistics is not the most accurate compilation of records for victimization. I think the national crime victimization surveybwould have better account as to the amount of crimes in general occur and would be the best place to start. As I have said before I am truly undecided on the issue and feel that a lot more research h should be done because this is something that will effect us all