PDA

View Full Version : Robert Sarver thinks the Suns will score MORE

Pandaemonaeon
09-15-2005, 09:03 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0915sarver0915.html

"Even Sarver and the basketball staff already have proclaimed the Suns to be better. Phoenix addressed defensive and rebounding deficiencies with Kurt Thomas, Raja Bell and Brian Grant while becoming deeper with versatile additions like James Jones, Boris Diaw and Eddie House. Sarver said the staff expects the Suns can average three points more than last season, when they averaged a league-best 110.4 points. The last NBA team to average 113.4 points is also the last Suns team to reach the NBA Finals (in 1993)."

:lol

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/6342/sarver4bk.jpg

"Our main weakness coming into the season was defense, and with the moves we made in the off-season, it is only natural that we lead the league in numerous defensive statistical categories."

AFE7FATMAN
09-24-2005, 02:29 AM
If this man gets paid to think, than he is highly overpaid.

Sense
09-24-2005, 03:14 PM
I laughed.

ALVAREZ6
09-24-2005, 04:31 PM
:lmao

He wishes...

JMarkJohns
09-24-2005, 05:12 PM
"Our main weakness coming into the season was defense, and with the moves we made in the off-season, it is only natural that we lead the league in numerous defensive statistical categories."

He could be right. The Suns could lead the League in steals, turnovers forced and 3-point defense. But overall, I don't see much of a defensive improvement after rebounding.

JMarkJohns
09-24-2005, 05:22 PM
The Suns were 3rd in 3-point, defensive field-goal percentage last season and have arguably gotten better on the perimeter defensively.

They were only 22nd in steal, but they rarely gambled for risk of fouls. With all the depth now, they should average a few more per game (9.2 lead the League, Suns had 7 per).

With the steals comes forced TO's and also, the Suns were top-10 in blocks per game. Sure, they lost Hunter, but he was only good for 1 per (because of minutes). Thomas averages pretty close to a block per game and Amare will be playing off the dominant post player, now and should be a better shot-blocker for it.

Overall, I think the Suns could finish top-5 in all these and jump from dead-last in defensive rebounding, possibly into the top-10.

So, while I disagree with Sarvar, there is reason to believe they improve.