PDA

View Full Version : About the Falcons: Two Things

UNT Eagles 2016
09-27-2015, 05:06 PM
1) They're probably going to be the #1 seed in the NFC this year. Considering the Falcons are already the class of the NFC South, and their AFC competition comes from the worst division in football -- the AFC South -- there's not a whole lot of games you can pick them to lose this season, barring serious injury. The @ 49ers and @ Panthers games are the best two guesses, and the odds are they'll win one of those, lose one of those, and lose a different (unexpected) game. I think there's a good probability that they finish 14–2 with their cupcake schedule. The other likely division winners just don't have nearly as favorable of schedules. The Packers have the same @ 49ers and @ Panthers games and they also have to travel to Arizona and Denver, plus Detroit and Minnesota (they likely lose 3 or 4 out of these five, and perhaps an additional game as well, such as the Cowboys home game in mid-December assuming everyone important is back healthy). The Seahawks are already down 2 games in the NFC West, and the Cardinals have a more difficult schedule than the Falcons (though maybe not as hard as the Packers') as they play in the NFC West and plus having to travel to both Detroit and Pittsburgh, though if Big Ben's ACL is done the latter game should be a win. The Falcons have by far the easiest schedule of the NFC contenders, and should look to go 13–3 without much difficulty or 14–2 if they really go all out (and Ryan/Jones/Freeman/D-line all stay healthy... Freeman and the D-line really impressed me today in the win in Dallas, particularly in the second half).

2) That being said, they are beatable by the Cowboys with a healthy defense and Romo. The second half collapse today might end up working out in the Cowboys' favor long-term if the Falcons end up as the #1 seed by one game instead of the Packers or Cardinals. Let's face it, frozen tundra Lambeau in January is one of the most difficult places to win in the postseason in the history of sports. The Packers haven't won any championships recently due to their relative mediocrity on the road, not for a lack of dominance at home. Even if the Cowboys can beat the Packers in Green Bay in December, they should try to avoid them as much as possible in January in a building where Aaron Rodgers hasn't thrown a pick in three years, including playoffs. The Falcons proved in the first half of today's game that they are beatable by the Cowboys; the Cowboys ultimately lost because: a] the D-Line couldn't get pressure on Ryan to save their lives and b] Weeden had a few costly mental breakdowns, from the bad interception on the obvious "throw it out of bounds please" play that was essentially a pick 6, to the more critical play down 4 with the ball on 3rd down and 3 to go in Cowboys territory where he remained in a tight pocket far too long and took a sack when he probably could have either checked it down or ran for an easy first down. With Romo, Hardy, Gregory, and McClain (or at least half of those) no doubt the Cowboys would have held on to the lead today. Dez Bryant's presence would have helped, too, as the deep ball to Terrance Williams would open back up. That being said, the Cowboys are a better road team than at home, and the Falcons have been known to lose big home games in the playoffs in the Ryan era. The Cardinals wouldn't be a horrible draw, so let's hope they beat out the Packers for the #2 seed, forcing Green Bay to play a divisional game in Arizona, the Packers lose and the Cowboys (assuming they beat the #5 seed in round 1 and Atlanta in their divisional game) would match up pretty well against the Cardinals for a potential NFC Championship Game.

HarlemHeat37
09-27-2015, 05:10 PM
:lol Falcons aren't a contender, they haven't beaten a single decent team, so far..they're also the 1st team in NFL history to win their first 3 games by 4th quarter comebacks, which mostly comes down to fortune..

They will probably finish with a high seed and choke in the playoffs like Matt Ryan teams tend to do..

Will Hunting
09-27-2015, 05:12 PM
:lol Arizona and Green Bay both have a better shot at the #1 seed in the NFC

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-27-2015, 05:21 PM
:lmao

:lol Falcons aren't a contender, they haven't beaten a single decent team, so far..they're also the 1st team in NFL history to win their first 3 games by 4th quarter comebacks, which mostly comes down to fortune..

They will probably finish with a high seed and choke in the playoffs like Matt Ryan teams tend to do..

:lol seriously. What makes them the class of the NFC South :lmao.

This guy is just a delusional Cowboys homer. The Falcons beat the Cowboys because Weeden is a game manager and the Falcons have a good offense. Sorry to say it, but if you have a QB that's worth a fuck, the Falcons D will choke the game.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-27-2015, 05:23 PM

Falcons are a contender, for the regular season title anyways. They have a very good QB, an elite WR, a good running game, and a very good offensive line. The Cowboys had all that too until the injuries. The Packers have an elite QB, an average receiving corps, and an average defense. The Cardinals have a great defense that feasts on turnovers, a good QB, a still-very good WR, but not much else on offense. Who do you'z got?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-27-2015, 05:25 PM
a good running game, and a very good offensive line.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-27-2015, 05:25 PM

:lol seriously. What makes them the class of the NFC South :lmao.

This guy is just a delusional Cowboys homer. The Falcons beat the Cowboys because Weeden is a game manager and the Falcons have a good offense. Sorry to say it, but if you have a QB that's worth a fuck, the Falcons D will choke the game.
Weeden is an idiot, but the Falcons' D played well in the second half. Regardless of the D, they finally woke up in the 3rd quarter and remembered they have a top 3 receiver who is built like Lebron James.

Will Hunting
09-27-2015, 05:27 PM
Falcons are a contender, for the regular season title anyways. They have a very good QB, an elite WR, a good running game, and a very good offensive line. The Cowboys had all that too until the injuries. The Packers have an elite QB, an average receiving corps, and an average defense. The Cardinals have a great defense that feasts on turnovers, a good QB, a still-very good WR, but not much else on offense. Who do you'z got?

Once Iupati is back the Cardinals' offensive line would be just as good as Atlanta's. You're suffering from Cowboyfan delusions right now where you're overrating the shit out of a team that must be super super super amazing if they're able to beat Dallas.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-27-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm serious. The Cowboys' D-line doesn't just get mowed down like that by anybody. DeMarco Murray averaged -5 yards per carry last week until garbage time, and the other rushers didn't do much better. True they don't have Hardy and Gregory... but they had the same guys they had last week. Nick Hayden is the weak link for sure, and he'll be out of the rotation soon. The Falcons won today because they dominated the lines of scrimmage at both ends in the second half.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-27-2015, 05:29 PM
You're making all these bold assumptions about the Falcons, who haven't proven much yet. Certainly they haven't proven to be better than Carolina yet. The last time Carolina played ATL, they won 41-6 and Ryan was sacked 8 times

Will Hunting
09-27-2015, 05:30 PM
I'm serious. The Cowboys' D-line doesn't just get mowed down like that by anybody. DeMarco Murray averaged -5 yards per carry last week until garbage time, and the other rushers didn't do much better. True they don't have Hardy and Gregory... but they had the same guys they had last week. Nick Hayden is the weak link for sure, and he'll be out of the rotation soon. The Falcons won today because they dominated the lines of scrimmage at both ends in the second half.

:cry they must be truly elite if they beat my precious Cowboys :cry

HarlemHeat37
09-27-2015, 05:30 PM

I agree that they're a regular season contender, but I don't really believe in their defense, and I've seen how Ryan looks in the playoffs..we'll see, maybe they have taken the leap and Jones is a game-changer on his own..I'd like to see how they look vs. a team that isn't below average, though, which is something they haven't seen, yet(Cowboys are a contender, but below average without Romo and Dez)..

spurraider21
09-27-2015, 05:31 PM
falcons OL has been terrible for a couple of years... did they actually get anybody to improve? or maybe the cowboys DL is just shit

UNT Eagles 2016
09-27-2015, 05:32 PM
Once Iupati is back the Cardinals' offensive line would be just as good as Atlanta's. You're suffering from Cowboyfan delusions right now where you're overrating the shit out of a team that must be super super super amazing if they're able to beat Dallas.
True, Dallas is an 8–8 team as currently built with all the injuries (based on the team they trotted out today). But let's not pretend the Cowboys couldn't have beaten the Packers last year in the playoffs, forget the call on the Dez catch, but remember all the 3rd and 17, 3rd and 18, 3rd and 21 plays the Packers somehow converted when they were losing, often by a decent margin that game? You don't have those kind of conversions with Greg Hardy and Randy Gregory about to lay you out, even if you're Aaron Rodgers; you check it down, McClain or Lee makes the tackle, you better hope you're in field goal range. Let's not act like the Cowboys aren't better than their 2014 incarnation when healthy.

HarlemHeat37
09-27-2015, 05:33 PM
falcons OL has been terrible for a couple of years... did they actually get anybody to improve? or maybe the cowboys DL is just shit

It's impossible to say, since they went up against an average Eagles' defense, and a terrible Giants front 7..maybe they're legit, but we won't know for a while, since their schedule is extremely easy, as OP said..

Will Hunting
09-27-2015, 05:34 PM
True, Dallas is an 8–8 team as currently built with all the injuries (based on the team they trotted out today). But let's not pretend the Cowboys couldn't have beaten the Packers last year in the playoffs, forget the call on the Dez catch, but remember all the 3rd and 17, 3rd and 18, 3rd and 21 plays the Packers somehow converted when they were losing, often by a decent margin that game? You don't have those kind of conversions with Greg Hardy and Randy Gregory about to lay you out, even if you're Aaron Rodgers; you check it down, McClain or Lee makes the tackle, you better hope you're in field goal range. Let's not act like the Cowboys aren't better than their 2014 incarnation when healthy.
I'm not sure what Greg Hardy or Randy Gregory have to do with you saying the Atlanta Falcons O-line is really good based off of how they played today.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-27-2015, 05:35 PM
I agree that they're a regular season contender, but I don't really believe in their defense, and I've seen how Ryan looks in the playoffs..we'll see, maybe they have taken the leap and Jones is a game-changer on his own..I'd like to see how they look vs. a team that isn't below average, though, which is something they haven't seen, yet(Cowboys are a contender, but below average without Romo and Dez)..
as I stated earlier... there's a good chance the Falcons are one-and-done in the playoffs, even as a #1 seed, particularly if they meet an elite road team like the Cowboys (Eagles!, or Giants!!) in the divisional round... my point merely illustrated that the Falcons have a great shot at being the #1 seed at the end of Week 17.

spurraider21
09-27-2015, 05:37 PM
:cry they must be truly elite if they beat my precious Cowboys :cry
^this thread in a nutshell

UNT Eagles 2016
09-27-2015, 05:44 PM
I'm not sure what Greg Hardy or Randy Gregory have to do with you saying the Atlanta Falcons O-line is really good based off of how they played today.
Their O-line is good in the same way the 49ers O-line was good in week 1 that allowed Carlos Hyde to go ham. They'll have their good days and bad days, but Ryan is a great regular season performer and they still have a top-tier receiving core including JJ. Their D-line has worked very hard to keep them in games despite an iffy secondary. But when Quinn made the adjustments to commit to stopping the runs and disallowing big gains on the little short Tom Brady or Peyton Manning-like plays from Weeden to Beasley, Dunbar, etc., the skill of the secondary became irrelevant because the Cowboys trotted out noodle armed Weeden and no Bryant. The Falcons don't face a truly elite (top 5) QB/receiving corps combination all season, so their secondary should be alright.

SuperCam
09-27-2015, 06:16 PM
Panthers will tap that falcon ass like they do every year... Norman the only corner who can consistently shut down Julio. I do see them as a wildcard though

Avante
09-27-2015, 06:28 PM
Very realistic to see them at 9-0 or 8-1 by their bye. Every game is very winningable.

Ok after their bye.

Will lose to either Indy or Vikes.

How about 8-2?

Then.....

Could go 5-1.

A 12-4 vs that schedule very realistic. I do see 13-3 before I do 11-5.

Obviously everyone of note must stay healthy.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-27-2015, 08:14 PM
Very realistic to see them at 9-0 or 8-1 by their bye. Every game is very winningable.

Ok after their bye.

How about 8-2?

Then.....

Could go 5-1.

A. Agree with your first line
B. Don't think they'll lose either of those two. Both home games. Unless Vikings surprise more than expected
C. Yes, they could definitely go 5–1 after that
D. Which would add up to 14–2. 13–3 is a definite possibility, though.
E. As with everything in football, of course.

SquawkinHawkBigCock
09-27-2015, 09:40 PM
Falcons fan here but there;s now way we're #1 in the NFC

Arizona is looking like a juggernaut and healthy DAL and GB are better

Best case scenario is the 3rd seed

The defense looks like shit for one half and Godly in the other, and the offense is literally just Julio screen, Julio fade, Julio slant, negative run, Julio seam. Roddy hasn't been targeted for two games straight, we lost Tamme, and Hank has drop problems.

Julio is probably the second best receiver in football behind Brown, but I fear we're gonna run him into the ground like the Cowboys did with Murray last year.

Ultimately, I have us at 9-7 and the 6th seed behind Seattle. 13-3 is a fucking huge stretch.

Dat nigga Desmond Trufant is the real deal though...targeted less than 10 total times in 3 games :wow

He's leaped Sherman in the best CB discussion tbh.

chunticakes
09-28-2015, 01:10 AM

They got mowed down because Weeden failed to do anything in the 2nd half to keep Atlanta's defense honest. Ultimately Dallas' D was out on the field too long and they gassed.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-28-2015, 08:38 AM
Falcons fan here but there;s now way we're #1 in the NFC

Arizona is looking like a juggernaut and healthy DAL and GB are better

Best case scenario is the 3rd seed

The defense looks like shit for one half and Godly in the other, and the offense is literally just Julio screen, Julio fade, Julio slant, negative run, Julio seam. Roddy hasn't been targeted for two games straight, we lost Tamme, and Hank has drop problems.

Julio is probably the second best receiver in football behind Brown, but I fear we're gonna run him into the ground like the Cowboys did with Murray last year.

Ultimately, I have us at 9-7 and the 6th seed behind Seattle. 13-3 is a fucking huge stretch.

Dat nigga Desmond Trufant is the real deal though...targeted less than 10 total times in 3 games :wow

He's leaped Sherman in the best CB discussion tbh.
And the secondary is the worst part of the defense, tbh... tight ends like Tamme are a dime a dozen, plus he has a concussion not a torn ACL so he'll be back in 2 weeks at most... Roddy White will get back on track with the receiving game, but right now he's creating huge holes for Freeman. Negative runs? Did you even watch the game? I only recall a couple negative plays the Falcons had all game and it was only on those dumb pitch-back plays. Every time Freeman got a standard carry it went for 5+ yards.

Also, 9–7 is NOT good enough to get a wild card in the strong NFC.

Raven
09-28-2015, 09:14 AM
Falcons are always the same it seems, promising at the start, then they get bad injuries in the oline and their D gets badly exposed. I think they are going the right direction though and there is hope for their defense this year. Actually, I'll go ahead and call them a contender for the next year.

JMarkJohns
09-28-2015, 09:23 AM
With Palmer starting, the Cardinals are undefeated the past two seasons.

Arizona has done what it's done this season with four offensive starters (Massie, Iupati, Floyd, Ellington) out/limited, and without ILB Darryl Washington, a multiple pro-bowler.

You never get an ideal of health, but that just speaks to depth and talent.

Arians is a top coach in the league, and maybe the best at pushing the right buttons. Eventually, coaching factors in.

Aztecfan03
09-28-2015, 09:53 AM

Ok after their bye.

How about 8-2?

Then.....

Could go 5-1.

How can this be done after just three weeks?

SLOW DOWN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fucking rookies, sheesh!

JMarkJohns
09-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Grantland has a good article discussing how current Cardinals are not just good, but historic in RZ efficiency, Point Margin, OL protection, TD returns, while comparing stats to last year's Palmer led team to show its not necessarily new.

The Gemini Method
09-28-2015, 04:01 PM
I think the Falcons are on the right path. They're not the class of the NFC but after 3 weeks its too early to call anyone that in either league besides the Pats and maybe the Pack and Cards. Though, this is the year of injuries so that'll probably change. They have the 2nd best WR in the league (Antonio Brown is no.1 imho but without Rapelisberger it may be Julio's time to shine) Vic Beasley looks legit and Dan Quinn will have them playing great D next year. I would say GB and AZ are 1/2 seeds as of right now. You can fill in the rest as you like.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-28-2015, 05:19 PM
With Palmer starting, the Cardinals are undefeated the past two seasons.

Arizona has done what it's done this season with four offensive starters (Massie, Iupati, Floyd, Ellington) out/limited, and without ILB Darryl Washington, a multiple pro-bowler.

You never get an ideal of health, but that just speaks to depth and talent.

Arians is a top coach in the league, and maybe the best at pushing the right buttons. Eventually, coaching factors in.

I don't get why Palmer isn't regarded as a top 10 NFL quarterback. They had the top record for three quarters of last year but even Time Wizard couldn't coach them to a bye or a super bowl with whatever high school junior varsity trash they had at quarterback to end last year.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-28-2015, 05:22 PM
I think the Falcons are on the right path. They're not the class of the NFC but after 3 weeks its too early to call anyone that in either league besides the Pats and maybe the Pack and Cards. Though, this is the year of injuries so that'll probably change. They have the 2nd best WR in the league (Antonio Brown is no.1 imho but without Rapelisberger it may be Julio's time to shine) Vic Beasley looks legit and Dan Quinn will have them playing great D next year. I would say GB and AZ are 1/2 seeds as of right now. You can fill in the rest as you like.

I hate GB with a passion and Nelson is out, so hopefully they'll be the 2nd seed at highest. Hopefully the 3rd seed, honestly. Seahawks @ Cowboys will be an interesting round 1 matchup.

The Gemini Method
09-28-2015, 05:29 PM
I hate GB with a passion and Nelson is out, so hopefully they'll be the 2nd seed at highest. Hopefully the 3rd seed, honestly. Seahawks @ Cowboys will be an interesting round 1 matchup. Yeah it would be a good game but we have to correct our O-Line issues and get more pressure on the QB. Last year, you guys handled us pretty well up at the CLink which is hard to do. Thank goodness DeMarco isn't around anymore. It would be a good game. The regular season matchup won't be a good indicator because I believe Romo will still be out and Dez will be back but not all the way back? Or is he going to out that week as well?

UNT Eagles 2016
09-28-2015, 05:38 PM
Yeah it would be a good game but we have to correct our O-Line issues and get more pressure on the QB. Last year, you guys handled us pretty well up at the CLink which is hard to do. Thank goodness DeMarco isn't around anymore. It would be a good game. The regular season matchup won't be a good indicator because I believe Romo will still be out and Dez will be back but not all the way back? Or is he going to out that week as well?

Dez will be back playing, Romo will still be on IRDR. The Cowboys' front 7 will be elite by then (getting star pieces back) so Russ/Beastmode won't go anywhere either, but it's not like they did last year at CenturyLink either. It was Special Teams for you that almost saved you at home against us last year, but ultimately the Cowboys' offense was too balanced and the Seahawks' defense was on their heels most of the game. I still think the Cowboys have a very good chance to win that game without Romo because you're not a very good road team. Then again, we're not a great home team either so it should be close.

The Gemini Method
09-28-2015, 05:51 PM
Dez will be back playing, Romo will still be on IRDR. The Cowboys' front 7 will be elite by then (getting star pieces back) so Russ/Beastmode won't go anywhere either, but it's not like they did last year at CenturyLink either. It was Special Teams for you that almost saved you at home against us last year, but ultimately the Cowboys' offense was too balanced and the Seahawks' defense was on their heels most of the game. I still think the Cowboys have a very good chance to win that game without Romo because you're not a very good road team. Then again, we're not a great home team either so it should be close. We're not that bad of a road team went 5-3 last year and 6-2 during the championship year. Of course they enjoy much more success at home but it isn't like we're the Browns on the road. Your front 7 will be pretty good but that secondary still leaves much to be desired. I guess we'll have to wait and see. We are no where close to being where we should be. But i'm sure it'll be a good game regardless. I do share your dislike for the Packers. Not sure which team Idislike more; the Pats or the Pack.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-28-2015, 05:59 PM
We're not that bad of a road team went 5-3 last year and 6-2 during the championship year. Of course they enjoy much more success at home but it isn't like we're the Browns on the road. Your front 7 will be pretty good but that secondary still leaves much to be desired. I guess we'll have to wait and see. We are no where close to being where we should be. But i'm sure it'll be a good game regardless. I do share your dislike for the Packers. Not sure which team Idislike more; the Pats or the Pack.
I'm with you on that one. Have hated the "P" teams by far the most for quite awhile now, other than the fact I'm neutral about the Panthers. And I've rooted for Seattle as sort of a second- or third- favorite /proxy team ever since the hailmary. I was like, YES!! FUCK THE PACKERS!! when that play happened. And so I started rooting for Seattle as a backup plan if the Cowboys were no good. That was a simultaneous catch, but the media wanted that to be a pick because they have Rodgers' gay meatlog up their ass.

And the Cowboys' secondary is good enough, actually. They dominated the Eagles' receivers a week ago and didn't allow a lot of big plays yesterday, either. Losing Scandrick is a non-issue because he was never really that good anyways. The guys we have are fine, with Barry Church possibly the weak link. The front 7 was the reason the Cowboys lost yesterday; they couldn't stop Freeman in the running game and that opened up JJ and crew for easy completions all day.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-15-2015, 10:01 PM
Two things:

1) Same old Falcons
2) :lmao at this thread

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-15-2015, 10:02 PM
1) They're probably going to be the #1 seed in the NFC this year. Considering the Falcons are already the class of the NFC South, and their AFC competition comes from the worst division in football -- the AFC South -- there's not a whole lot of games you can pick them to lose this season, barring serious injury. The @ 49ers and @ Panthers games are the best two guesses, and the odds are they'll win one of those, lose one of those, and lose a different (unexpected) game. I think there's a good probability that they finish 14–2 with their cupcake schedule. The other likely division winners just don't have nearly as favorable of schedules. The Packers have the same @ 49ers and @ Panthers games and they also have to travel to Arizona and Denver, plus Detroit and Minnesota (they likely lose 3 or 4 out of these five, and perhaps an additional game as well, such as the Cowboys home game in mid-December assuming everyone important is back healthy). The Seahawks are already down 2 games in the NFC West, and the Cardinals have a more difficult schedule than the Falcons (though maybe not as hard as the Packers') as they play in the NFC West and plus having to travel to both Detroit and Pittsburgh, though if Big Ben's ACL is done the latter game should be a win. The Falcons have by far the easiest schedule of the NFC contenders, and should look to go 13–3 without much difficulty or 14–2 if they really go all out (and Ryan/Jones/Freeman/D-line all stay healthy... Freeman and the D-line really impressed me today in the win in Dallas, particularly in the second half).

2) That being said, they are beatable by the Cowboys with a healthy defense and Romo. The second half collapse today might end up working out in the Cowboys' favor long-term if the Falcons end up as the #1 seed by one game instead of the Packers or Cardinals. Let's face it, frozen tundra Lambeau in January is one of the most difficult places to win in the postseason in the history of sports. The Packers haven't won any championships recently due to their relative mediocrity on the road, not for a lack of dominance at home. Even if the Cowboys can beat the Packers in Green Bay in December, they should try to avoid them as much as possible in January in a building where Aaron Rodgers hasn't thrown a pick in three years, including playoffs. The Falcons proved in the first half of today's game that they are beatable by the Cowboys; the Cowboys ultimately lost because: a] the D-Line couldn't get pressure on Ryan to save their lives and b] Weeden had a few costly mental breakdowns, from the bad interception on the obvious "throw it out of bounds please" play that was essentially a pick 6, to the more critical play down 4 with the ball on 3rd down and 3 to go in Cowboys territory where he remained in a tight pocket far too long and took a sack when he probably could have either checked it down or ran for an easy first down. With Romo, Hardy, Gregory, and McClain (or at least half of those) no doubt the Cowboys would have held on to the lead today. Dez Bryant's presence would have helped, too, as the deep ball to Terrance Williams would open back up. That being said, the Cowboys are a better road team than at home, and the Falcons have been known to lose big home games in the playoffs in the Ryan era. The Cardinals wouldn't be a horrible draw, so let's hope they beat out the Packers for the #2 seed, forcing Green Bay to play a divisional game in Arizona, the Packers lose and the Cowboys (assuming they beat the #5 seed in round 1 and Atlanta in their divisional game) would match up pretty well against the Cardinals for a potential NFC Championship Game.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/200_s.gif

SuperCam
10-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Falcunts collapsing like always :lmao

should be 3-3 :lmao

Letting pathetic taints offense rape you :lmao

Matty bitch can't score against terrible D :lmao

Faggots :lmao

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-15-2015, 10:06 PM
Falcunts collapsing like always :lmao

should be 3-3 :lmao

Letting pathetic taints offense rape you :lmao

Matty bitch can't score against terrible D :lmao

Faggots :lmao

:cry but he's elite cause he can throw accurate

The dude is soft as hell and is so mentally fragile. He is not a good leader point blank.

Clipper Nation
10-15-2015, 10:06 PM
Same old NFC South. Shittiest division in football, from top to bottom :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-15-2015, 10:07 PM
Same old NFC South. Shittiest division in football, from top to bottom :lol

Meh, they'd all slaughter SD

SuperCam
10-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Matty bitch down again :lmao

:cry b-b-best QB in NFC south :cry

SuperCam
10-15-2015, 10:10 PM
Camvp gonna have more NFCS crowns than Matty bitch by the end of the season :hat

Clipper Nation
10-15-2015, 10:11 PM
Meh, they'd all slaughter SD

:lmao Cum Newton

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-15-2015, 10:32 PM
Matt Ryan sucks

Arcadian
10-15-2015, 10:38 PM
This is a 5-0 team? Doesn't look like one...

SpursforSix
10-15-2015, 10:40 PM
Matt Ryan sucks

Its like someone injected Novicaine in his hands.

SuperCam
10-15-2015, 10:45 PM
Matt Ryan sucks

Softest faggot in the league year after year.

unleashbaynes
10-15-2015, 10:47 PM
Matt Ryan sucks

so the fuck does cam newton you salty faggot :lmao

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-15-2015, 10:48 PM
so the fuck does cam newton you salty faggot :lmao

Top 3 MVP candidate this year IMO

SuperCam
10-15-2015, 10:49 PM
http://binaryapi.ap.org/ad3f0b2b15ce4ebd99e2b53af06c91fe/460x.jpg

Softest QB in the league :lmao

SuperCam
10-15-2015, 10:49 PM
Top 3 MVP candidate this year IMO

tbh

SuperCam
10-15-2015, 10:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJwrbzMCIAEAZXC.jpg:large

Tranny faggot :lmao

spurtech09
10-16-2015, 01:02 AM
time for falcons losing streak.......

spurtech09
10-16-2015, 01:05 AM
Hey supercam your panthers are going to get there first loss against sea hawks......

Raven
10-16-2015, 08:33 AM
not sure why are you knocking Ryan for yesterday. They shot themselves in this game with blocked punts for td and fumbles deep in the new orleans territory.

SpursforSix
10-16-2015, 08:44 AM
not sure why are you knocking Ryan for yesterday. They shot themselves in this game with blocked punts for td and fumbles deep in the new orleans territory.

Ryan fumbled a couple of times. And seemed to mishandle several snaps which messed up the timing. Not to mention holding on to the ball too long.

I think he's got a good arm and makes nice passes. But mentally, he seems a step below the elite QBs.

Raven
10-16-2015, 08:52 AM
Ryan fumbled a couple of times. And seemed to mishandle several snaps which messed up the timing. Not to mention holding on to the ball too long. I think he's got a good arm and makes nice passes. But mentally, he seems a step below the elite QBs. he lost one. It's the first year he has a great offensive line, I believe he'll show a new face of himself, if they don't get all injured. A loss is a loss of course.

SpursforSix
10-16-2015, 08:56 AM
he lost one. It's the first year he has a great offensive line, I believe he'll show a new face of himself, if they don't get all injured. A loss is a loss of course.

He lost one. But also fumbled on the 4th and 1 which resulted in turning the ball over. I don't know if it was him or the center but seemed like there were several bobbles that caused delays in getting the plays run.
He did the same thing last week.

Maybe he was feeling pressure from the defense. If they can shore up their pass blocking, he should be OK.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-16-2015, 09:21 AM
he lost one. It's the first year he has a great offensive line, I believe he'll show a new face of himself, if they don't get all injured. A loss is a loss of course.
Dude did you watch the game? That line sucks, like it always does. Matt Ryan plays like this every game. Too many small mistakes.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-16-2015, 09:27 AM
Hey supercam your panthers are going to get there first loss against sea hawks......
Wow, you're really going out on a limb on that one. We will see.

I can't speak for SuperCam (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49522), but I respect ATL and NO. I know what they've done in the past, and I'm not oblivious on their talents. Matt Ryan is one of the most accurate QB's in the game and Brees' has one of the most impressive resumes in the game.

I may come across the wrong way in this thread, but I was just getting tired of the ATL hype - people saying they would run the table and idiots like Avante/UNT saying they would go 15-1. ATL looks like a good team when all cylinders are firing, but they lack an offensive line and a D and have for years.

Ryan gets a lot of hype when they do good for his stats, which it's clear people that think so don't watch him play. Whenever he feels an ounce of pressure, he's going down or he loses his shit. He also doesn't pass to his other weapons anymore, which used to make them very dangerous. I don't watch the Falcons enough to know if that's due to the emergence of Julio.

ATL can still win this division, I'm not worried about that anymore. I'm just worried about our team becoming better, and having the tougher schedule definitely does that for us.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-16-2015, 09:44 AM
He lost one. But also fumbled on the 4th and 1 which resulted in turning the ball over. I don't know if it was him or the center but seemed like there were several bobbles that caused delays in getting the plays run.
He did the same thing last week.

Maybe he was feeling pressure from the defense. If they can shore up their pass blocking, he should be OK.
this, the Saints' defense is underrated. The young linebackers are pretty darn good, as the Cowboys saw a few weeks ago.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-16-2015, 09:49 AM
this, the Saints' defense is underrated.

:lol jesus dude.. I seriously question your football knowledge. Philly just dropped 40 on them :lol.. no offense Pelican

UNT Eagles 2016
10-16-2015, 10:18 AM
:lol jesus dude.. I seriously question your football knowledge. Philly just dropped 40 on them :lol.. no offense Pelican
philly is erratic as fuck. they dropped 3 points on the Cowboys until a pity score in the last minute. they lost to the Redskins.

Also, FWIW, the Saints weren't in their dome when they were playing philly... and that's a huge factor that augments their defense.

Will Hunting
10-16-2015, 10:21 AM
:cryThe Falcons must be great the way they beat muh Cowboys:cry

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-16-2015, 10:27 AM
:cryThe Falcons must be great the way they beat muh Cowboys:cry
Told you the Saints weren't that bad dipshit

Will Hunting
10-16-2015, 10:32 AM
Told you the Saints weren't that bad dipshit

:lol they're 2-4 and still have arguably the shittiest defense in the NFL. They're going to finish 6-10 at best.

:lol NFC South homer

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-16-2015, 10:39 AM
:lol they're 2-4 and still have arguably the shittiest defense in the NFL. They're going to finish 6-10 at best.

You do realize this is the NFL and two plays can make you from 4-2 to 2-4 right?

UNT Eagles 2016
10-16-2015, 10:44 AM
You do realize this is the NFL and two plays can make you from 4-2 to 2-4 right?
If you can pick up a victory in that tiny little stadium tucked in the far northwest corner of the country this weekend, you can be president/king of this board for a good long while.

Will Hunting
10-16-2015, 10:53 AM

:lol; what two plays exactly made the Saints 2-4 instead of 4-2?

chunticakes
10-16-2015, 11:04 AM
I can't speak for SuperCam (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49522)

Of course you can, you're both the same cat loving faggot.

Pelicans78
10-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Saints's defense has been bad so thru the season, but they brought in alot of new guys and have rookies playing as well. Hopefully they improve throughout the season. Plus, they missed Keenan Lewis and Jairius Byrd who are coming off surgeries and slowly working themselves back. The schedule the rest of the way is pretty easy overall. Only above average teams left on their schedule are the Falcons, Panthers, and Giants and two of those games are at home. The rest of the schedule is below average teams. If they can win at Indy next week, which is possible since the Colts suck, they have a fighting chance the rest of the way. Only question marks will be the offensive line, Brees shoulder, and the improvement of the defense.

Pelicans78
10-16-2015, 11:10 AM
:lol; what two plays exactly made the Saints 2-4 instead of 4-2?

The Tampa game they could have easily won. Missed FG and missed extra point hurt them there. The Carolina game went down to the wire as well. McCown threw a pick in the red zone late. However, they could have lost the Cowboys game too.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-16-2015, 11:21 AM
The Tampa game they could have easily won. Missed FG and missed extra point hurt them there. The Carolina game went down to the wire as well. McCown threw a pick in the red zone late. However, they could have lost the Cowboys game too.
Remember, he doesn't watch them play but think his opinion is valid.

SuperCam
10-16-2015, 11:25 AM

I actually agree with this; i think the taints are a shit team. I just also think Atlanta is a bunch of frauds like they are every year. i honestly can't think of a softer player than Ryan in the nfl

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-16-2015, 11:28 AM
I actually agree with this; i think the taints are a shit team. I just also think Atlanta is a bunch of frauds like they are every year. i honestly can't think of a softer player than Ryan in the nfl

Don't be fooled. He's basically saying the NFC South is soft, which it isn't. The Falcons may be fools gold and the Saints may not have a defense, but they are two tough teams to play. Anytime you play QB's with that type of accuracy it's a tough game. Remember, he is a Patriots fan. He ignores that the division has been one of the best for years until last year.

Raven
10-16-2015, 11:40 AM
Dude did you watch the game? That line sucks, like it always does. Matt Ryan plays like this every game. Too many small mistakes.

yeah i watched and it was pretty freaking great. the rbs rushed for 8.2 ypc and it wasn't fluky, they had enormous wholes on every running play. they had no problem moving the offense, they just made too many mistakes and abandoned the run in the second. 3 lost fumbles to 0 and a blocked punt for a td. yeah, you ain't winning :lol.

SuperCam
10-16-2015, 12:05 PM
yeah i watched and it was pretty freaking great. the rbs rushed for 8.2 ypc and it wasn't fluky, they had enormous wholes on every running play. they had no problem moving the offense, they just made too many mistakes and abandoned the run in the second. 3 lost fumbles to 0 and a blocked punt for a td. yeah, you ain't winning :lol.

NO didn't score off any of those fumbles, iirc.

SpursforSix
10-16-2015, 12:18 PM
NO didn't score off any of those fumbles, iirc.

Neither did Atlanta.

SuperCam
10-16-2015, 12:41 PM
Neither did Atlanta.

point being that shitty ass healthy ATL defense allowed three touchdowns

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-16-2015, 12:45 PM
Neither did Atlanta.
What are you tryin to say? Good teams don't turn it over in crucial times.

Will Hunting
10-16-2015, 12:59 PM

They lost the Tampa game by 7 points. A missed XP and missed FG account for 4 points. Your math isn't adding up.

McCown's INT was also a desperation pass on 3rd down that was maybe an unlucky interception but had no shot at being completed. If it was simply an incompletion, it would have been 4th and 6, so chances are high that NO would still lose the game.

These are also all plays that had to do with poor execution, it's not like they were just unlucky plays that don't reflect on how good/bad the Saints are. Missing FGs and throwing redzone interceptions are two things that bad teams do and good teams don't do.

Will Hunting
10-16-2015, 01:02 PM
:lmao "If you don't count any of the interceptions or missed field goals, the Saints are actually really good!"

Will Hunting
10-16-2015, 01:10 PM
Don't be fooled. He's basically saying the NFC South is soft, which it isn't.

No I'm not, you only think I am because you're that defensive and touchy about the Panthers so you interpret talking shit about any NFC South team as an indirect jab at the Panthers.

I don't think the NFC South is a great division or anything but I think it's better than the NFC East, AFC South (by far the worst division), and AFC West and not any worse than a few other divisions. I essentially think it's a middle of the pack division strength-wise. Do you feel better now?

Pelicans78
10-16-2015, 01:12 PM
They lost the Tampa game by 7 points. A missed XP and missed FG account for 4 points. Your math isn't adding up.

McCown's INT was also a desperation pass on 3rd down that was maybe an unlucky interception but had no shot at being completed. If it was simply an incompletion, it would have been 4th and 6, so chances are high that NO would still lose the game.

These are also all plays that had to do with poor execution, it's not like they were just unlucky plays that don't reflect on how good/bad the Saints are. Missing FGs and throwing redzone interceptions are two things that bad teams do and good teams don't do.

In the Tampa game, they were in FG range for the final drive so potentially they could have tied the game instead of going for a late touchdown and maybe sent it to OT.

But the point wasn't about unlucky plays. It was just being a play or two away from winning the game. Two different arguments. Saints were close to winning both of those games. No one said bad luck or unlucky plays. They could have easily lost the Cowboys game as well

Will Hunting
10-16-2015, 01:20 PM
In the Tampa game, they were in FG range for the final drive so potentially they could have tied the game instead of going for a late touchdown and maybe sent it to OT.

But the point wasn't about unlucky plays. It was just being a play or two away from winning the game. Two different arguments. Saints were close to winning both of those games. No one said bad luck or unlucky plays. They could have easily lost the Cowboys game as well

Don't be intellectually dishonest, bad/unlucky plays is what was implied since the original argument was that the Saints are better than their record indicates. If all we're talking about are a few plays that the Saints executed poorly on then that does not to disprove them being a bad team since that's what bad teams do, they execute poorly.

SpursforSix
10-16-2015, 01:27 PM
What are you tryin to say? Good teams don't turn it over in crucial times.

I was making the point that the Saints defense isn't great and those turnovers probably kept a couple of Atlanta touchdowns off the board.
Someone was making the point that those TO's didn't help the Saints (because they didn't score off of them). But a couple of them were deep in NO territory.

You won't get any argument from me about Atlanta not being great.

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2015, 05:57 PM
:lol 3rd best team in the division, tbh..

Robz4000
11-08-2015, 07:14 PM
:lol Atlanta
:lol cucked by Blaine Gabbust
:lol blew their load in the first half of the season

Still would rather see them win than the Cats tbh.

spurraider21
11-08-2015, 07:17 PM
has OP ever been right about anything? avante-like

SquawkinHawkBigCock
11-08-2015, 07:18 PM
This fucking guy is a massive bad luck charm just like I said.

Fuck you OP

SquawkinHawkBigCock
11-08-2015, 07:18 PM
This guy is the NFL forum version of the Hater Curse

HarlemHeat37
11-08-2015, 10:51 PM
The "stare at Julio for 20 seconds on every play" offense isn't working anymore:lol..

UNT Eagles 2016
11-09-2015, 12:17 AM
The "stare at Julio for 20 seconds on every play" offense isn't working anymore:lol..
Hey, at least the Falcons don't have Aqeeb Taliban drawing game-ending penalties for being a dumb jihadist terrorist

HarlemHeat37
11-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Damn, bro..they might be one of the 3 worst teams in the NFC:lol..

UNT Eagles 2016
11-22-2015, 06:02 PM
Damn, bro..they might be one of the 3 worst teams in the NFC:lol..
I can easily see the Bucs making it in over the Falcons.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-06-2015, 04:02 PM
:lol UNT I'm glad you enjoyed the bandwagon, but you have to understand why this is bumped

UNT Eagles 2016
12-06-2015, 04:39 PM
:lol UNT I'm glad you enjoyed the bandwagon, but you have to understand why this is bumped
they've lost 6 of 7 :lmao I really don't understand what happened to this offense it was awesome early on... now it looks like they're not even going to get a wild card due to the resurgence of the Seahawks. The NFC wildcards are really anyone's

SuperCam
12-06-2015, 10:08 PM

Matty Faggot throwing coaches under the bus :lmao

Blaming coaches for red zone interceptions week after week :lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
12-08-2015, 12:26 AM
New prediction: Falcons will miss the playoffs, since they have to play Carolina twice. Though they might win the second one at home if Panthers clinch conference title and rest week 16.