PDA

View Full Version : Undertale

Cry Havoc
09-28-2015, 02:24 AM
Surprise of the year so far. Game has a lot of reviews on metacritic, and just unseated GTA V for the highest rated game of the year. Currently standing at 98/100.

Anything that well-regarded is a must-buy, IMO. I picked it up but haven't tried it yet. Will update.

baseline bum
09-28-2015, 11:05 AM
I'll probably pass. The only recent indie game I have really like was Fez, that game was fucking awesome.

Cry Havoc
09-28-2015, 12:05 PM
I'll probably pass. The only recent indie game I have really like was Fez, that game was fucking awesome.

Well, I'll play it, and when I tell you it's the fucking truth I expect you to plonk down $10. :bobo

DJR210
09-29-2015, 07:03 PM
I'm still waiting for Star Citizen, you recommend too many games.

baseline bum
09-29-2015, 07:37 PM

That fucking shit probably won't come out until 2018 tbh.

Cry Havoc
09-29-2015, 09:56 PM

Well, this one is ten bucks. Breh plz.

baseline bum
09-29-2015, 10:21 PM
Well, I'll play it, and when I tell you it's the fucking truth I expect you to plonk down $10. :bobo

Even if it was $1 I'd probably pass, just because I have a huge queue of games I want to play. And then the top 3 on that queue are all long RPGs that usually take me a couple of months: Fallout 3 which I'm currently playing, Fallout New Vegas, and then Fallout 4. The first two Fallouts were such masterpieces and I'm liking 3 just as much as I did 2.

Cry Havoc
09-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Even if it was $1 I'd probably pass, just because I have a huge queue of games I want to play. And then the top 3 on that queue are all long RPGs that usually take me a couple of months: Fallout 3 which I'm currently playing, Fallout New Vegas, and then Fallout 4. The first two Fallouts were such masterpieces and I'm liking 3 just as much as I did 2.

I need to revisit my top 20 games of all time, but I'm positive that Fallout 3 would be solidly in the top 10. What a phenomenal game. I really do need to play through NV and the FO3 expansions.

baseline bum
09-30-2015, 12:24 PM
I need to revisit my top 20 games of all time, but I'm positive that Fallout 3 would be solidly in the top 10. What a phenomenal game. I really do need to play through NV and the FO3 expansions.

If you haven't played Fallout 2, that game is a fucking must, though it's probably worth playing Fallout 1 first. 1 is a much shorter game than 2, but there is considerable overlap in the stories. There is pretty much no overlap in the first two vs Fallout 3 so far as I can tell, though I have mostly only done side missions in FO3 so far. They're both very buggy though, so make sure you download all the patches. And if you get them from GOG, the GOG launcher fucks everything up. You can't alt tab without crashing the games and FO2 has all kinds of graphical bugs when running the GOG launcher, but it's great just running the FO2 executable.

vander
09-30-2015, 01:53 PM
I don't understand, baseline, did you not play video games until recently? how are you just 'discovering' Fallout now? and I thought I was late to the Fallout party in 2010 :lol

baseline bum
09-30-2015, 01:57 PM
I don't understand, baseline, did you not play video games until recently? how are you just 'discovering' Fallout now? and I thought I was late to the Fallout party in 2010 :lol

I was mostly into stuff like Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Elder Scrolls, etc. I don't know how I ever skipped Fallout when I was so into Elder Scrolls, but I didn't start playing the series until I saw the Fallout 4 trailer. :lol

vander
09-30-2015, 02:04 PM
I was mostly into stuff like Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Elder Scrolls, etc. I don't know how I ever skipped Fallout when I was so into Elder Scrolls, but I didn't start playing the series until I saw the Fallout 4 trailer. :lol

yeah Elder Scrolls is how I started playing Fallout 3, finished Oblivion again, waiting for Skyrim, "hey what's this other Bethesda game..."

DJR210
09-30-2015, 03:53 PM

I have been a gamer since Atari 2600 and I didn't know shit about Fallout until 2 came out.