AlexJones
09-28-2015, 08:18 PM
$70,000,000 United States of America Dollars

apalisoc_9
09-28-2015, 08:25 PM
Sorry bud...

DPG21920
09-28-2015, 08:38 PM
Wow - that is devastating to the Mavs if true. Could knock them out of the playoffs.

Buddy Mignon
09-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Wow - that is devastating to the Mavs if true. Could knock them out of the playoffs.

They weren't playoff bound to begin with.

HarlemHeat37
09-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Doesn't seem like Cuban cares as much now, anyways, tbh..

spurraider21
09-28-2015, 10:01 PM
They weren't playoff bound to begin with.
even after this development, they have a significantly better chance than the lakers

Mitch
09-28-2015, 11:12 PM
even after this development, they have a significantly better chance than the lakers

We have the #1-3 seed on lock with our talent.

Killakobe81
09-29-2015, 05:55 AM

Playoffs was a long shot ..smart to protect their $70 million investment ...sucks for Dirk he took a paycut for this?! at least ti m has an extra ring to show for his sacrifice ...

djohn2oo8
09-29-2015, 06:03 AM
Then this

Killakobe81
09-29-2015, 07:31 AM
Then this

local radio guys were trying to downplay it yesterday saying it was not a traditional micro-fracture. That being said Chandler is dating a model ...

djohn2oo8
09-29-2015, 07:36 AM
local radio guys were trying to downplay it yesterday saying it was not a traditional micro-fracture. That being said Chandler is dating a model ...

They can downplay it all they want. He is either 27 or about to be, with a major knee operation due to missing cartilage. He never had great athleticism, now he really isn't going to have any lift. Not to mention his chronic back problems.

Killakobe81
09-29-2015, 08:07 AM
They can downplay it all they want. He is either 27 or about to be, with a major knee operation due to missing cartilage. He never had great athleticism, now he really isn't going to have any lift. Not to mention his chronic back problems.

I thought he had sneaky hops/athleticism ... but probably not anymore.

Mark Celibate
09-29-2015, 08:11 AM
We have Deron playing back home now at least. A happy Deron will play near his top form as he showed in Utah. Plus, we've strengthened our paint with the signings of Pachulia, McGee and Dalembert, which are more than enough to make up for the departure of TC imho.

Killakobe81
09-29-2015, 08:14 AM
We have Deron playing back home now at least. A happy Deron will play near his top form as he showed in Utah. Plus, we've strengthened our paint with the signings of Pachulia, McGee and Dalembert, which are more than enough to make up for the departure of TC imho.

Lakers and Mavs will both suck ...but at least you guys have an elite coach.

TheGreatYacht
09-29-2015, 08:34 AM
lol pachulia

Mark Celibate
09-29-2015, 08:44 AM
Lakers and Mavs will both suck ...but at least you guys have an elite coach.
And we're free of a cancerous chucker.

Leetonidas
09-29-2015, 10:11 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

DPG21920
09-29-2015, 10:20 AM
Playoffs was a long shot ..smart to protect their $70 million investment ...sucks for Dirk he took a paycut for this?! at least ti m has an extra ring to show for his sacrifice ...

I don't think it was a long shot for a 7th/8th seed but now it is. It's part of the risk of signing a guy coming off that injury though.

Killakobe81
09-29-2015, 10:33 AM
I don't think it was a long shot for a 7th/8th seed but now it is. It's part of the risk of signing a guy coming off that injury though.

yes it was, for the reasons you said. Both their key wings are coming off Achilles and Micro-fracture injuries. In what world were you optimistic that they would be ready to start the season? That's like me expecting Kobe to play all 82 games or something close to it. The only reason that the Mavs will be somewhat close to a playoff spot (Im thinking 10th) is because of the respect I have for RC and Dirk.

Yes I was a Dwill fan I would bet $ that RC gets whatever "best" he has left. That being said ... he was not a magic fix for Rondo so even that is no sure thing.

The West is brutal and I can easily see ...

1. GSW
2. Spurs
3. Clips
4. Rox
5. OKC
6. Memphis

Those are the playoff "locks" barring major injuries.

Next group is the most likely 7th seed:

Pelicans

Last group:

Utah
Sacto
Portland
Minny
Phoenix
Lakers
Mavs

Any of the bottom 7 COULD make that last spot even my shitty Lakers but betting on Kobe or Parsons/Matthews health and or return to form is stupid ...

Everyone is on Utah's nuts but I think they could move up and snatch that 8th or even challenge NOLA ,,, but it is just as likely, they grow stagnant and one of the other teams (Sacto?) surpass them as them breaking out this year. They could be this years 2014-2015 Suns when everyone last year thought they would make a leap but they did not.

spursistan
09-29-2015, 11:55 AM
i don't see any viable options for the Mavs but purposeful tanking and a turn to"blow it up" mode at the end of 2016 ..Incredible how cavalier Cuban with his own money when it came to that Matthews deal knowing how much of bitch the achilles injury is..It is possibly becoming one of the worst contracts in recent NBA memory if not ever..You basically have Wes/Parson-- not even top tier talent, at best 3rd and 4th banana-- looking seriously like damaged goods; Dirk done; scrubs galore, and Carlisle ready to bolt..With how much stacked the West looking in next 2/3 years, it isn't the worst of times for Dallas to slip into irrelavance..

Sean Cagney
09-30-2015, 10:36 PM
We have Deron playing back home now at least. A happy Deron will play near his top form as he showed in Utah.
I seriously doubt that much, he will play better than NJ Deron though.