PDA

View Full Version : Pop to Coach after Tim Retires

ajh18
09-29-2015, 02:36 PM
Gregg Popovich confirms he will keep coaching the Spurs even after Tim Duncan retires

The end of the San Antonio Spurs dynasty may not be as close some people believe.

It is widely believed that future Hall of Famer Tim Duncan will only play one or two more years. It has also been speculated that head coach Gregg Popovich will not want to start over with a new group and could also retire once the core group of Duncan, Manu Ginobli, and Tony Parker decide to call it a career.

However, not only is Popovich planning to keep going after they retire, he is already bracing himself for a time when he is coach of the Spurs without the Big 3.

http://www.businessinsider.com/gregg-popovich-tim-duncan-retires-2015-9

K...
09-29-2015, 02:52 PM
Sounds like they have some sort of mutual dare to try and outlast each other. Including manu and Tony. No one wants to be the first to quit

YGWHI
09-29-2015, 02:53 PM
He told LMA he'd coach out the length of his contract, at least 2019. Now he confirms it :tu

RGMCSE
09-29-2015, 03:55 PM
This might be the most underrated news of the off season. I've been dreading the thought of watching the Spurs coached by some incompetent loser. I'm so happy pop will stick around. Look at the lakers joke coaching staff. That's what I'm afraid of.

spurraider21
09-29-2015, 04:21 PM
From the article

the Spurs seem to have their next superstar in Aldridge — along with the very good Kawhi Leonard

8FOR!3
09-29-2015, 05:18 PM
This might be the most underrated news of the off season. I've been dreading the thought of watching the Spurs coached by some incompetent loser. I'm so happy pop will stick around. Look at the lakers joke coaching staff. That's what I'm afraid of.

I have a good feeling that Pop won't retire without a competent next guy up. Messina's 10 years younger, he could be groomed.

RGMCSE
09-29-2015, 06:08 PM
I have a good feeling that Pop won't retire without a competent next guy up. Messina's 10 years younger, he could be groomed.

Im just not ready for that yet. :lol

RD2191
09-29-2015, 06:09 PM
From the article

the Spurs seem to have their next superstar in Aldridge — along with the very good Kawhi Leonard

No surprise. Article was written by thegreatyacht.

jeebus
09-29-2015, 06:18 PM
The world has known this for months now.

SnakeBoy
09-29-2015, 06:45 PM
From the article

Author is correct, Kawhi is a very good player.

Mikeanaro
09-29-2015, 06:47 PM
He just wants to prove he is more athletic than Tim.

letmk
09-30-2015, 04:29 PM

It all depends on how the Spurs will do in the next or two seasons. Say if the Spurs are lucky to win a championship, and Messina is playing a critical role during the process, LMA would have no reason to oppose a coach-change.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-30-2015, 04:32 PM
Well we can always sign jim harbaugh or something.