And no fucking Mexican jokes.:ihit

Well I guess I'm outta here then...:lol

RD2191
10-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Well I guess I'm outta here then...:lol
Yeah, thread obviously failed because of my no racism rule.:lol

phyzik
10-02-2015, 01:13 AM
Well, for one, do you even realize how LARGE space is?

So... just to set this up.... the following image is a representation of how much our radio signals have reached since humans have been broadcasting.... I'm talking since the first radio broadcast EVER!!

https://planetary.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/images/universe/20130115_radio_broadcasts.jpg

That little blue dot.... that is the extent of our broadcast since we were able to do so.... even calling it a pin prick compared to the universe is overstating it....

you might as well describe one single photon passing through your body..... it is just so mind fuckingly absurd to describe it on such a scale.

taking that into context, and that we recently found water on another planet within our own solar system, it is hard to fathom that we are the only intelligent life within the universe. Will we ever make contact? probably not, the distances and lifetimes we are talking about are just way too vast.

pgardn
10-02-2015, 11:47 PM
I don't see why people seem to think people or something intelligent is some goal of biological evolution.

Its just make more of yourself given the conditions, no need for intelligence as we know it.
It took approx. 1.5 billion years for the first eukaryotes to evolve from prokaryotes. This is a mind numbing long period of time to produce simple single celled organisms. What makes people think biological evolution should lead to something intelligent that wants to communicate seems far fetched.

I don't know which category this falls under cause I is lazy.

phyzik
10-03-2015, 01:01 AM
I don't see why people seem to think people or something intelligent is some goal of biological evolution.

Its just make more of yourself given the conditions, no need for intelligence as we know it.
It took approx. 1.5 billion years for the first eukaryotes to evolve from prokaryotes. This is a mind numbing long period of time to produce simple single celled organisms. What makes people think biological evolution should lead to something intelligent that wants to communicate seems far fetched.

I don't know which category this falls under cause I is lazy.

But devils advocate for the OP.... INVISIBLE SKY DADDY!!!! :lmao

I agree with you though... I really don't think people actually try to contemplate just how long 13+ BILLION years actually is. Hell, most of them cant even fathom that time frame, they can barely count to 100 before they get distracted with eating crackers in place of zombie flesh and drinking wine in place of zombie blood to placate a fictional zombie man-god imaginary friend who never existed.

Big Dog
10-03-2015, 01:04 AM
But.... INVISIBLE SKY DADDY!!!! :lmao
Do you study anything outside of the size of the universe? You're a pretty boring drunk, partner:lol..

phyzik
10-03-2015, 01:20 AM
Do you study anything outside of the size of the universe? You're a pretty boring drunk, partner:lol..

1) not drunk, havnt had a drink in years.

2) informally (just have an interest): Theology, astrophysics, astronomy, geology, ballistics and string theory.

just to name a few... Im sure I forgot something.