PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: David West: " I Took The Paycut In Protest Of The Poor Treatment Of Roy Hibbert"

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2015, 07:56 PM
:lmao dude is even nuttier than I thought....this is why black people go broke...

But another reason for the pay cut was West's disgust with how his former team treated Los Angeles Lakers center Roy Hibbert (http://www.foxsports.com/nba/roy-hibbert-player). Indiana aired its dirty laundry out in public and told the world their longtime defensive anchor would hit the bench if he opted into his player option and stayed a Pacer in 2016.

The whole thing rubbed West the wrong way. Here's what he told Yahoo! (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-david-west-gave-back--11-million-to-join-the-spurs-195800859.html):

The whole four years I was there we didn't operate that way," West told Yahoo Sports. "That sort of threw me for a loop. Why, all of a sudden, are we this way? When Roy struggled a few years ago – the playoffs, the season – yeah, we challenged him, but it was more, 'Hey, you've got to participate in your own rescue.' It wasn't, 'Hey, this is all on you.' " That bothered me. "I guess that was the motivation – they wanted to get Roy out of there – but I just felt we were all in the fight together. It isn't on one guy, it's on the group. It's not on one coach, it's on the unit. That situation shook me up. Roy was a huge part of what we had done – two Eastern Conference finals runs. "I didn't think he deserved that.

West will sacrifice lots of minutes and even more money. But he's a man with principles, and it's refreshing to see someone act on what they believe as opposed to what everyone else thinks they should do.

Buddy Mignon
10-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Dumb nigga.

K...
10-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Indiana has had a nightmare season in 2014. Really, they've been the least luckiest team I think. The nets and Knicks and Lakers are just mismanaged. The blazers and suns are quasi victims quasi dumb teams. Both could have avoided their fates but had less room to mess up. Chicago trusted a wannabe thug and paid the price. Hard to say Indiana mismanaged too much since hubbert is mentally weak (pre mamba). Your shouldn't really have to cuddle a max player. Can't blame it all on lance either.

Leebrix
10-01-2015, 08:22 PM
Why do you put something in quotation marks as something he was never quoted saying?

Buddy Mignon
10-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Indiana has had a nightmare season in 2014. Really, they've been the least luckiest team I think. The nets and Knicks and Lakers are just mismanaged. The blazers and suns are quasi victims quasi dumb teams. Both could have avoided their fates but had less room to mess up. Chicago trusted a wannabe thug and paid the price. Hard to say Indiana mismanaged too much since hubbert is mentally weak (pre mamba). Your shouldn't really have to cuddle a max player. Can't blame it all on lance either.

In the last 6 years we've won more titles than the Spurs. Your team is praised for having great managment and team play and our team is mocked for selfish play and poor managment. How did we win more titles?

benefactor
10-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Why do you put something in quotation marks as something he was never quoted saying?
Do you really expect the truth from OP? He's the second biggest fake internet life fag on this site.

benefactor
10-01-2015, 08:33 PM
How did we win more titles?
The nine tailed demon fox?

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Do you really expect the truth from OP? He's the second biggest fake internet life fag on this site.

Dude grow up already and chill with the childishness

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2015, 08:49 PM

Obviously he said it..or the writer wouldn't have implied it

ElNono
10-01-2015, 08:52 PM
At 35 he's better than the entire Lakers frontline...

Reck
10-01-2015, 08:54 PM

:lol

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2015, 08:55 PM
At 35 he's better than the entire Lakers frontline...

Brandon Bass > D. West as it stands today

Buddy Mignon
10-01-2015, 09:02 PM

Its not even close.

Buddy Mignon
10-01-2015, 09:03 PM
:lol

Oh thats funny to your lame ass.

ElNono
10-01-2015, 09:33 PM

Bass = that scrub Jordan Hill... then again, you loved Jordan Hill.... damn :lol

DMC
10-01-2015, 09:36 PM
As bad as it was, West couldn't stoop low enough to play alongside Hibbert in LA. lol Kobe.

These private contractors, getting millions, not doing their jobs and bitching like they are in grade school and deserve fair treatment. It's a business, you get what you get, and Hibbert was the biggest pussy in the league for 2 years. Now he's in LA alongside the 2nd biggest pussy.

Robz4000
10-01-2015, 10:56 PM

Whose the first tbh?

benefactor
10-02-2015, 06:06 AM
Whose the first tbh?
He's posting in this thread too.

Koolaid_Man
10-02-2015, 08:17 AM
He's posting in this thread too.

Um yeah we all know it's a fake Internet life :lol so why u still tripping about it :lol

10-02-2015, 09:45 AM
When paraphrasing your interpretation of what someone says, you don't use quotation marks.

Mark Celibate
10-02-2015, 06:28 PM
A loose spending hand is what impoverishes most niggas who used to be rich, imho.

Silver&Black
10-02-2015, 06:37 PM

:lmao I'm fucking done....sides are starting to hurt.

bene...

My nigga.