PDA

View Full Version : Official 2015 New Orleans Saints Overcoming All Odds thread

Pelicans78
10-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Last night they looked shitty winning a game against the Cowboys, but hey, a win is a win.

Anyway the schedule is pretty cupcake the rest of the way.

at Philly L 17-39
Vs Falcons (Thursday night) W 31-21
at Colts W 27-21
vs Giants
vs Titans
at Redskins
at Texans
vs Panthers
at Bucs
vs Lions
vs Jaguars
at Falcons

Too bad this team is mediocre because this schedule is not bad at all. Still, we're getting guys back from injuries, Brees is getting healthier (still can't throw the deep ball yet), and a ton of rookies are getting playing time. However, I don't see this team doing better than 7-9 despite the easy schedule unless they gel quickly.

The Gemini Method
10-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Hey anyone want to coach the Miami Dolphins? They are hiring as of today...

Pelicans78
10-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Hey anyone want to coach the Miami Dolphins? They are hiring as of today...

Did they leave Philbin in London? That would have been awesome if he was left off the team flight.

SuperCam
10-05-2015, 10:56 AM
6-10

Pelicans78
10-07-2015, 11:27 AM
I don't think the Saints will overcome the odds this week. look for the Eagles to win 34-21 at home.

Pelicans78
10-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Saints left tackle is out. Starting first round pick Andrus Peat today instead.

Pelicans78
10-11-2015, 03:37 PM
I gave the Saints offense too much credit. Still not surprised by the easy loss.

Pelicans78
10-15-2015, 07:21 PM
Falcons will win 31-17.

Pelicans78
10-15-2015, 07:48 PM
LOL Ryan

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-15-2015, 09:27 PM
LOL Ryan

I try to tell people NO isn't as bad as their record shows. They played Arizona tough, and even played Carolina tough. People just don't understand.

And like I predicted, same old Falcons.

Pelicans78
10-15-2015, 09:35 PM
Overcoming all odds!!

Pelicans78
10-15-2015, 09:36 PM
I try to tell people NO isn't as bad as their record shows. They played Arizona tough, and even played Carolina tough. People just don't understand.

And like I predicted, same old Falcons.

That Buccaneers loss is haunting us and will haunt us the rest of season.

Darth_Pelican
10-15-2015, 09:36 PM
Checking in from the dome.... If only the Saints could play all of their home games at night....

SuperCam
10-15-2015, 09:38 PM
Fraudcons :lmao

Pelicans78
10-15-2015, 09:38 PM
Checking in from the dome.... If only the Saints could play all of their home games at night....

Now its time to take out Ryan.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-15-2015, 09:48 PM
:lol jesus Saints..

Pelicans78
10-15-2015, 09:49 PM
Need to score on this drive if we really want to overcome all odds tonight.

spurtech09
10-16-2015, 01:07 AM
Saints are tough to beat at home

Avante
10-16-2015, 03:27 AM
Stop it!

It's real obvious the Falcons weren't ready to play on a Thursday night on the road. They lost the game, the Saints didn't win it.

benefactor
10-16-2015, 06:10 AM
Stop it!

It's real obvious the Falcons weren't ready to play on a Thursday night on the road. They lost the game, the Saints didn't win it.
How is an NFL team not ready to play an NFL game?:lol

Pelicans78
10-16-2015, 06:39 AM
Stop it!

Go fuck yourself fatass. The Falcons got their asses kicked. Plain and simple. Their o-line got dominated. Brees shredded their defense even with a bum shoulder.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-16-2015, 08:13 AM
Stop it!

:lol nice prediction on ATL going 15-1

Pelicans78
10-16-2015, 01:35 PM
Updated the schedule. Must needed win last night. Next game is at Indy who aren't great this season. Saints need to find a way to win on the road. Schedule rest of the way is not bad at all. Win this win and the schedule sets up nicely the rest of the way.

SpursforSix
10-16-2015, 01:56 PM
Stop it!

THE ASTERISK

SpursforSix
10-16-2015, 01:59 PM
NFC South
W L T
Carolina Panthers 4 0 0
Atlanta Falcons 5 1 0
Tampa Bay Bucc. 2 3 0
New Orleans Sts. 2* 4 0

* Avante is a pedophile

Darth_Pelican
10-25-2015, 04:04 PM
Nice road win to avoid a let down after the Falcons win. Now 2 winnable home games in a row coming up to get over .500

spurtech09
10-26-2015, 12:09 AM
Saints starting to play some good football......I see the saints beating Giants ....Plus Saints are very good at home..

UNT Eagles 2016
10-26-2015, 09:30 AM
NFC South best division in football? Could they get all 3 in, squeezing out the Seahawks?

Pelicans78
10-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Overcame the odds and won on the road despite almost blowing a 27-0 lead. However a win is a win. They have the Giants next week at home and are currently favorites at 3.5 points. I think the line should be closer to pick'em. Its a big game for both teams. Historically, the Saints with Payton/Brees have dominated the Giants, but the last matchup was 4 years ago.

Looking at the schedule, the Saints will be favored in every game the rest of the way with the exception of at Washington, vs. Carolina, and at Atlanta to end the season. 9-7 looks obtainable, however that won't be enough to make the playoffs. They're gonna need to win one of those 3 games mentioned to have a chance at the playoffs and not slip up in any of the games favored. The two games favored which will be their toughest tests are the Giants at home and on the road at Tampa, but the Saints have done well against the Giants and at Tampa with Brees/Payton.

Pelicans78
10-26-2015, 11:33 AM
Nice road win to avoid a let down after the Falcons win. Now 2 winnable home games in a row coming up to get over .500

Yeah, the Giants will be tough, but I think the team can win that one. Should be the Titans for sure.

Pelicans78
10-26-2015, 11:34 AM
NFC South best division in football? Could they get all 3 in, squeezing out the Seahawks?

They have a shot for 3 teams especially facing the AFC South which is horrible. Those are 4 easy wins right there. I think Atlanta and Carolina will get in. The Saints have a shot, but they can't slip up against bad teams on their schedule.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-26-2015, 04:45 PM
They have a shot for 3 teams especially facing the AFC South which is horrible. Those are 4 easy wins right there. I think Atlanta and Carolina will get in. The Saints have a shot, but they can't slip up against bad teams on their schedule.
all I say is you better fucking beat NYG next week after crushing the Cowboys in OT a few weeks ago. Else, I hope Brees & Davis drown in the next hurricane Patricia/Katrina.

SpursforSix
10-26-2015, 05:05 PM
all I say is you better fucking beat NYG next week after crushing the Cowboys in OT a few weeks ago. Else, I hope Brees & Davis drown in the next hurricane Patricia/Katrina.

that could be a shootout. Can't see how NY will be able to stop Brees and the multiple weapons.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-26-2015, 06:58 PM
that could be a shootout. Can't see how NY will be able to stop Brees and the multiple weapons.
those young Saints linebackers that snuffed out the Cowboys run in week 4 need to do the same shit against Jennings and that dark guy...

Pelicans78
10-27-2015, 07:04 AM

I like our chances. Our young is continuing to improve. Stephon Anthony has been getting better at MLB, Delvin Breaux has been one of the top corners in the league, and Cam Jordan has 5 sacks the last two games. The key will be avoiding big plays and the offense sustaining drives without turning it over. Its a big game. If we lose, I doubt we make the playoffs. Its a game we need to win.

Pelicans78
10-27-2015, 07:05 AM

Our offense hasnt been explosive this season. Part of the reason is a young receiving core, but a big reason is Brees shoulder. He can't throw consistently down the field due to his bruised rotator cuff. He's getting slowly better each week, but not where he needs to be.

Pelicans78
10-27-2015, 07:06 AM
those young Saints linebackers that snuffed out the Cowboys run in week 4 need to do the same shit against Jennings and that dark guy...

Our LBs have improved each week, but our D-line is making plays too. Alot of it is due to how our secondary has been playing lately. Allows the defense to crowd the line.

SpursforSix
10-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Our offense hasnt been explosive this season. Part of the reason is a young receiving core, but a big reason is Brees shoulder. He can't throw consistently down the field due to his bruised rotator cuff. He's getting slowly better each week, but not where he needs to be.

Doesn't matter. With so many weapons, that short to intermediate passing game is still capable of putting up big points. Especially with the catch and run guys. If Matt Cassel can put 20 on the Giants, Breese should be good for 35.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-27-2015, 12:02 PM
I like our chances. Our young is continuing to improve. Stephon Anthony has been getting better at MLB, Delvin Breaux has been one of the top corners in the league, and Cam Jordan has 5 sacks the last two games. The key will be avoiding big plays and the offense sustaining drives without turning it over. Its a big game. If we lose, I doubt we make the playoffs. Its a game we need to win.
Main thing I worry about Breaux is that he seems to be like Brandon Browner in that he plays pretty good position D but is kind of a DPI machine at times. It's not college anymore when you can tug a guy on a 60 yard pass and the worst case scenario is a 15 yard penalty.

Doesn't matter. With so many weapons, that short to intermediate passing game is still capable of putting up big points. Especially with the catch and run guys. If Matt Cassel can put 20 on the Giants, Breese should be good for 35.
Darren McFadden did the majority of the work but still. Your point is valid

SpursforSix
10-27-2015, 12:30 PM
Main thing I worry about Breaux is that he seems to be like Brandon Browner in that he plays pretty good position D but is kind of a DPI machine at times. It's not college anymore when you can tug a guy on a 60 yard pass and the worst case scenario is a 15 yard penalty.

Darren McFadden did the majority of the work but still. Your point is valid

He did for sure. And Cowboys O line certainly better than Saints. But I think the Saints multiple quality backs offset that. Thinking a lot of short passes to Ingram and other RBs and seeing them get some yards after the catch.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-27-2015, 02:58 PM
He did for sure. And Cowboys O line certainly better than Saints. But I think the Saints multiple quality backs offset that. Thinking a lot of short passes to Ingram and other RBs and seeing them get some yards after the catch.

Backs are usually overrated, unless it's someone incompetent like Randle. McFadden/Michael/Randle should be the rotation going forward, in that order. Too late for McFadden to put up a 2014 Murray year this year, but he's on the books for next year before he leaves as a FA so I wouldn't be surprised if he has a 2014 Murray year next year before the Cowboys let him walk.

SpursforSix
10-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Backs are usually overrated, unless it's someone incompetent like Randle. McFadden/Michael/Randle should be the rotation going forward, in that order. Too late for McFadden to put up a 2014 Murray year this year, but he's on the books for next year before he leaves as a FA so I wouldn't be surprised if he has a 2014 Murray year next year before the Cowboys let him walk.

Backs can be overrated. Especially behind a good O-line. Although I will say that McFadden looked more explosive than I thought he could.

But Ingram, Robinson, and Spiller are all a step up from McFadden. And all are good receivers as well.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Backs can be overrated. Especially behind a good O-line. Although I will say that McFadden looked more explosive than I thought he could.

But Ingram, Robinson, and Spiller are all a step up from McFadden. And all are good receivers as well.
I'd say McFadden is better than Robinson, about even with Ingram, and perhaps worse than Spiller. McFadden is definitely underrated though given the right O-Line and opportunities. He's one of the premier pass protection backs and is very good at leaking out and getting easy short completions + YAC.

Pelicans78
10-28-2015, 11:43 AM
Our o-line has played really well as a unit when healthy. Max Unger has been a huge upgrade at center. They've been opening up holes everywhere.

Pelicans78
10-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Our backs are good overall. Robinson is a pure inside the tackles runner, Spiller is the speed back, and Ingram is a combo with his speed and power. The key will be the o-line and defenses respecting Brees. I was defending the Saints, I would take away the short-passing game and make Brees beat you deep until he proves to be consistent throwing downfield.

SpursforSix
10-28-2015, 02:43 PM
Our backs are good overall. Robinson is a pure inside the tackles runner, Spiller is the speed back, and Ingram is a combo with his speed and power. The key will be the o-line and defenses respecting Brees. I was defending the Saints, I would take away the short-passing game and make Brees beat you deep until he proves to be consistent throwing downfield.

It's not that easy though. He's been very accurate up to 20-30 yards. So the D, still had to account for the WR and TE. I believe it was Atlanta that tried to jam all the short passes and then Brees killed them going to Watson. Nothing too deep but 20-30 yards at a time.
New Orleans is basically the Cassel Cowboys. Except with better pieces at each skill position.

And this is the Giants. They give up the 3rd most passing yards in the NFL.

Pelicans78
10-29-2015, 04:07 PM
It's not that easy though. He's been very accurate up to 20-30 yards. So the D, still had to account for the WR and TE. I believe it was Atlanta that tried to jam all the short passes and then Brees killed them going to Watson. Nothing too deep but 20-30 yards at a time.
New Orleans is basically the Cassel Cowboys. Except with better pieces at each skill position.

And this is the Giants. They give up the 3rd most passing yards in the NFL.

I like our chances against the Giants. I think we're getting our home mojo back. Plus, historically, Brees and Payton have dominated the Eli/Coughlin Giants. Would be surprised if this trend changes this week. Giants are a good team, but inconsistent.

Darth_Pelican
11-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Back to .500 after a legendary performance for the ages by Brees. Winnable games coming up.

Pelicans78
11-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Back to .500 after a legendary performance for the ages by Brees. Winnable games coming up.

The refs made the game a push so credit to them.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-01-2015, 07:20 PM
GG bro. Falcons suck

Pelicans78
11-01-2015, 07:31 PM

That was an understatement.

Darth_Pelican
11-02-2015, 07:15 PM
That was an understatement.

Ben Watson has more receiving yards and touchdown receptions than Jimmy Graham this season. And Watson actually blocks. I think it's safe to say we won the trade.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Nawlins back to .500, too bad the Seahawks didn't lose yesterday because then you'd be the favorite for the second wildcard imo