PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Calling It Again..D Russell Will Be a Bust

Koolaid_Man
10-06-2015, 06:30 AM
After the summer league and through the first pre-season game there's nothing special about this guy....He has no motor..no drive just a few passes here and there....this guy has Andre Miller written all over him....we need to package him and regrettably Tarik Black for Darmarcus Cousins. Only then will we entice Durant....Demarcus and Hibbert down low will actually rule the Western conference paint...add Durant with Kobe in a supporting role with Clarkson running the point and its on...tbh

Splits
10-06-2015, 07:10 AM
:lol You'll be extremely lucky if he has a career anything near Andre Miller

sendman
10-06-2015, 07:13 AM
http://img.memecdn.com/she-amp-039-s-about-to-have-a-wet-dream_o_4351751.jpg

Raven
10-06-2015, 07:13 AM
you take your whole team and you still don't get ben mclemore, much less demarcus cousins :lol

ambchang
10-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Andre Miller was really good. Not sure why op is ragging on him.

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 07:39 AM
After the summer league and through the first pre-season game there's nothing special about this guy....He has no motor..no drive just a few passes here and there....this guy has Andre Miller written all over him....we need to package him and regrettably Tarik Black for Darmarcus Cousins. Only then will we entice Durant....Demarcus and Hibbert down low will actually rule the Western conference paint...add Durant with Kobe in a supporting role with Clarkson running the point and its on...tbh

I dont get you sometimes, Kool. Kobe your messiah, praises the kid but you shit on him every chance you get ...

Splits
10-06-2015, 07:43 AM
I dont get you sometimes, Kool. Kobe your messiah, praises the kid but you shit on him every chance you get ...

:lol what's Kirby supposed to say? Capri, despite his complete lack of basketball knowledge, has eyes that function. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Okafor

Joe Ingles

Koolaid_Man
10-06-2015, 07:56 AM

I apologize Killa...sorry....maybe it will all pan out....but I just don't see the juice in this kid...he's too light skinned to start with....only Darkies are real good players everyone knows it....MJ , Kobe....etc....:lol

Kobe is just playing nice because he wants some of that new NBA TV money ..:lol..the fact that he requested his locker be next to Kobes and all that praise he's heaping on Kobe is a huge negative in my book....its like he's trying to kiss ass ahead of time because he knows he's gonna suck....and maybe it will soften the blow of Kobes ire....

Its ok to admire Kobe but at the same time go at him..Kobe actually respect those kinds of players not all the ass kissers...

When Kobe came into the league with Nash and KG and Dirk etc they went hard at it...Kobe didn't do all that ass kissing...he came in and let his game do the talking...straight up took Eddie Jones spot..and fucking Eddie was a stud in his prime an all-star....

Russell got too much lovely dovey in him and should have stayed in college tbh...he did nothing of significance in high school and just 1 season of college under his belt...he's just not ready bro..sorry

Mark Celibate
10-06-2015, 08:02 AM
Self contradiction again by OP. If D Russell is a bust why should the Kings trade their best player for him? The Kings ain't Memphis Grizzlies tbh.

Koolaid_Man
10-06-2015, 08:05 AM
Self contradiction again by OP. If D Russell is a bust why should the Kings trade their best player for him? The Kings ain't Memphis Grizzlies tbh.

Hey Mr. constant jack yourself off....You always trade a Bust before he's an actual bust...right now the brass will and rightly should talk him up...from a fans perspective I say trade him now while his value is at its highest ...

Koolaid_Man
10-06-2015, 08:06 AM
Damascus has question marks as well...but I'd take those over the rookie potential

Raven
10-06-2015, 08:42 AM
Hey Mr. constant jack yourself off....You always trade a Bust before he's an actual bust...right now the brass will and rightly should talk him up...from a fans perspective I say trade him now while his value is at its highest ...

I believe getting darren collison would be perfectly fine.

Buddy Mignon
10-06-2015, 08:47 AM
I think he'll be a better passing Mike Bibby. Scott should have these pushing the rock. Fuck walking it up.

RsxPiimp
10-06-2015, 09:12 AM
I got him as the next Mike Conley. Will be a solid PG.

Koolaid_Man
10-06-2015, 09:18 AM
I think he'll be a better passing Mike Bibby. Scott should have these pushing the rock. Fuck walking it up.

Lol...Mike Bibby was cold as Ice when it came to shooting that thang...DRuss cannot shoot like Bibby man that would be nice but he doesn't have the release....Kobe was feeding Russell easy passes during the 1quarter and Russell was missing them all :lol

Buddy Mignon
10-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Lol...Mike Bibby was cold as Ice when it came to shooting that thang...DRuss cannot shoot like Bibby man that would be nice but he doesn't have the release....Kobe was feeding Russell easy passes during the 1quarter and Russell was missing them all :lol

Its coming, Kool. He's only 19. Both he and Julius are young.

Koolaid_Man
10-06-2015, 09:28 AM

I like Byron as a person....but he's a living nightmare as a coach....Cooper would be way better as a coach...even Worthy....I just don't see vision from Byron....too bad Jimmy and Chazz are running things

Koolaid_Man
10-06-2015, 09:30 AM
Its coming, Kool. He's only 19. Both he and Julius are young.

I want to see him get into fight first before I co-sign his ass...he looks soft as fuck to me...

Koolaid_Man
10-06-2015, 09:33 AM
:lol You'll be extremely lucky if he has a career anything near Andre Miller

O hush...you'd Jizz your pants if we traded you Russell for Tony Parker....

ambchang
10-06-2015, 09:56 AM
I want to see him get into fight first before I co-sign his ass...he looks soft as fuck to me...

Like this?
http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/tctprt5ixbl5mhqrzqhx.jpg

hater
10-06-2015, 10:36 AM
:lol at having Kobe in any conversation besides basketball misery :lol

Splits
10-06-2015, 11:01 AM

He also has no quicks, can't get to the hoop off the dribble. Big problem. Stupid pick.

Okafor

Koolaid_Man
10-06-2015, 11:05 AM
He also has no quicks, can't get to the hoop off the dribble. Big problem. Stupid pick.

Okafor

Okafor will be an even bigger bust....but I agree on your assessment of Russell...I do hope Killa and Luva are right though..maybe its just too early to tell...

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Okafor will be an even bigger bust....but I agree on your assessment of Russell...I do hope Killa and Luva are right though..maybe its just too early to tell...

i ant saying he will be good just saying to early to say bust when folks argued the same about Billups and GP their rookie years ...KAT was the only sure thing. oakafor will be good not great imho ...Lakers decided to gamble it better pay off.

Thebesteva
10-06-2015, 12:48 PM
i ant saying he will be good just saying to early to say bust when folks argued the same about Billups and GP their rookie years ...KAT was the only sure thing. oakafor will be good not great imho ...Lakers decided to gamble it better pay off.

It better fucking pay off...I'm tired of coming after a long day at work to watch this shit team. I will always be a Laker fan till the end but this shits getting past ridiculous. I always feared when Dr. Buss died we'd become like the Raiders and just become a laughing stock...my fears have come true

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 12:52 PM
It better fucking pay off...I'm tired of coming after a long day at work to watch this shit team. I will always be a Laker fan till the end but this shits getting past ridiculous. I always feared when Dr. Buss died we'd become like the Raiders and just become a laughing stock...my fears have come true

Well big year for Mitch and the FO ...to prove they have a clue.

Raven
10-06-2015, 01:17 PM

i hear about that all the time, but none still explained to me what is that "upside" trait that makes people believe he could be anyone special. With Okafor, we all know that, with KAT too, with Porzingis it's also clear, with Russell, all he screams is mediocrity. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Buddy Mignon
10-06-2015, 02:03 PM
i hear about that all the time, but none still explained to me what is that "upside" trait that makes people believe he could be anyone special. With Okafor, we all know that, with KAT too, with Porzingis it's also clear, with Russell, all he screams is mediocrity. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

That's because outside of playstation you've never played the game. As a former PG I see things in him that most vet PG's dont have. He's a gifted passe and a good shooter. His shooting touch will get better as the season provresses just like in summer league. If you look at his first summer league game compared to his last summer league game its like night and day. He's two years away from being a dominant PG.

Splits
10-06-2015, 02:26 PM
That's because outside of playstation you've never played the game. As a former PG I see things in him that most vet PG's dont have. He's a gifted passe and a good shooter. His shooting touch will get better as the season provresses just like in summer league. If you look at his first summer league game compared to his last summer league game its like night and day. He's two years away from being a dominant PG.

:lol a non-athletic, slow, jump-shooting point guard who can't get to the rim is going to be dominant? In who's mold? He's not even a good shooter, he shot 45% in college and against top-50 teams he was abysmal.

Raven
10-06-2015, 02:34 PM

stats in college have almost 0 weight. His play in summerleague is much more relevant than anything he's done in college. As far as I have seen, he has a bad shooting form, bad shot selection, doesn't set plays properly as shown by his ridiculous turnover numbers in summer league and he is below average athletically.
I'm not saying he can't develop, but you can give chances to anyone and hope they develop, doesn't mean they are actually guys with potential. There is really not one thing that stands out in him, and that's impressive for a #2 pick in a stacked draft.

Splits
10-06-2015, 02:44 PM
This is just damning.

http://content.draftexpress.com/gallery/D_AngeloRussell/1427226015.jpg

Splits
10-06-2015, 02:59 PM
:lmao 3/19 in his last college game, no wonder Kirby loves this kid

64DU-asXkAY

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 03:13 PM

I could but you only hear what you wanna hear and see what you wanna see. But if you really want an answer click here (http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ryen-russillos-nba-draft-confidential-real-scouts-on-towns-russell-and-okafor/). I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt let's see if you can keep it.

Highlights:

Scout 1: He is the best backcourt player in the draft. He is clearly the best point guard. High basketball IQ. Tremendous size. Great confidence about himself. He is more of a scorer than a shooter. I see the [James] Harden comparison. I think that’s fair, just with the way he plays.

He’s athletic enough. I mean, he can dunk. Sure, he needs to get stronger, has a slight frame. He does what he needs to do.

There is enough there to run an NBA team — best vision in the draft. No doubt about it. His shooting needs to get better. (agree with this guy both good and bad)

Scout 2: He’s just one of those guys where the game comes very easy to him. Sees things. One of the best passers we have seen in college basketball in a long, long time. There are plays where he sees two passes ahead. He makes hockey passes.

Incredible confidence, incredible poise. Great size. Not a great athlete, not very strong. I think what has happened to him is, because the game is so easy for him and he’s had such great success, his deficiencies haven’t manifested yet. I think that they will to a degree.

Scout 3: I liked him right away when I saw him in the McDonald’s game. Us scouts were sitting together saying, “Man … ” It really excites you to see a young guy with creativity and vision. He thinks like a point guard, but then he’s talented, quick enough to get his shot.

I was really eager to see him earlier this year at Louisville, going into that lion’s den. A year ago, he’s in high school, now he’s in the Yum Yum Center with 20,000 people. He gathered himself, he figured it out, and he put his team in a position to win that game. It took him awhile to realize the level of intensity, the quickness, and the things he had to adjust to. I thought, That’s really impressive.

that was from 3 old school scouts as told to RR at Grantland.

This is from the analytic guys: click here (http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/106822/the-reasons-analytics-love-dangelo-russell)

Highlights

Among players eligible for the NBA draft, D’Angelo Russell sits atop Kevin Pelton’s WARP projections, had the highest offensive rating of any freshman last season (according to KenPom.com) and is the top projected guard in ESPN’s Statistical Plus/Minus (SPM) projections. Although SPM sees Russell as a high-risk, high-reward prospect, projecting that he has the best chance of any player in the 2015 draft class to develop into a superstar. (also of being a bust)

So let me see Scouts loved him.
Nerds loved him.
Our staff loved him.

So I should panic over SL like Kool and you hating ass Spur fans or should I give this a chance to play out? The scouts that loved him even said it would take time. Relax. I dont panic here because I dont have delusions that we will be good this year. Give these guys a chance to develop. Randle worries me more ...bbut even he is young and inexperienced. I dont panic easy.

Raven
10-06-2015, 03:21 PM
I could but you only hear what you wanna hear and see what you wanna see. But if you really want an answer click here (http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ryen-russillos-nba-draft-confidential-real-scouts-on-towns-russell-and-okafor/). I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt let's see if you can keep it.

Highlights:

Scout 1: He is the best backcourt player in the draft. He is clearly the best point guard. High basketball IQ. Tremendous size. Great confidence about himself. He is more of a scorer than a shooter. I see the [James] Harden comparison. I think that’s fair, just with the way he plays.

He’s athletic enough. I mean, he can dunk. Sure, he needs to get stronger, has a slight frame. He does what he needs to do.

There is enough there to run an NBA team — best vision in the draft. No doubt about it. His shooting needs to get better. (agree with this guy both good and bad)

Scout 2: He’s just one of those guys where the game comes very easy to him. Sees things. One of the best passers we have seen in college basketball in a long, long time. There are plays where he sees two passes ahead. He makes hockey passes.

Incredible confidence, incredible poise. Great size. Not a great athlete, not very strong. I think what has happened to him is, because the game is so easy for him and he’s had such great success, his deficiencies haven’t manifested yet. I think that they will to a degree.

Scout 3: I liked him right away when I saw him in the McDonald’s game. Us scouts were sitting together saying, “Man … ” It really excites you to see a young guy with creativity and vision. He thinks like a point guard, but then he’s talented, quick enough to get his shot.

I was really eager to see him earlier this year at Louisville, going into that lion’s den. A year ago, he’s in high school, now he’s in the Yum Yum Center with 20,000 people. He gathered himself, he figured it out, and he put his team in a position to win that game. It took him awhile to realize the level of intensity, the quickness, and the things he had to adjust to. I thought, That’s really impressive.

This is from the analytic guys: click here (http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/106822/the-reasons-analytics-love-dangelo-russell)

Highlights

Among players eligible for the NBA draft, D’Angelo Russell sits atop Kevin Pelton’s WARP projections, had the highest offensive rating of any freshman last season (according to KenPom.com) and is the top projected guard in ESPN’s Statistical Plus/Minus (SPM) projections. Although SPM sees Russell as a high-risk, high-reward prospect, projecting that he has the best chance of any player in the 2015 draft class to develop into a superstar. (also of being a bust)

Nerds loved him.
Our staff loved him.

So I should panic over SL like Kool and you hating ass Spur fans or should I give this a chance to play out? The scouts that loved him even said it would take time. Relax. I dont panic here because I dont have delusions that we will be good this year. Give these guys a chance to develop. Randle worries me more ...bbut even he is young and inexperienced. I dont panic easy.

so..... he can pass? is that it?

Splits
10-06-2015, 03:29 PM

Highlights:

Highlights

Nerds loved him.
Our staff loved him.

Lowlights:

Scout 1:

His shooting needs to get better. He takes some tough shots. But I think it’s going to improve. The stroke isn’t bad.

Scout 2:
Not a great athlete, not very strong. I think what has happened to him is, because the game is so easy for him and he’s had such great success, his deficiencies haven’t manifested yet. I think that they will to a degree. And I’ll be very curious to see how he addresses it. Will he get in the weight room? Will he become wiry strong?

My issues with him are defensively. He guards with his instincts, that’s it.

But he can’t fucking guard anything. He’s disinterested. I saw [Ohio State] play Marquette earlier in the year. They were playing zone defense. Thad Matta doesn’t play zone. They were doing it to help Russell.

He gets by with his instincts, and I don’t know if you can do that in our league. I think that’ll be an issue for him. But he’s prideful enough and works at it [enough] to just be fucking capable. I mean, get in the fucking way.

Scout 3:
I think he can be in that upper tier of point guards.

You look at a kid like [Brandon] Jennings — talented, but there is some stuff there.

Buddy Mignon
10-06-2015, 03:32 PM
:lmao 3/19 in his last college game, no wonder Kirby loves this kid

64DU-asXkAY

Don't you worry about our 19 year old rookie that shot poorly in a college game. What you should be worried about is your franchise vet who shot an average of 33% on 22 shot per game this past playoffs.

Splits
10-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Don't you worry about our 19 year old rookie that shot poorly in a college game. What you should be worried about is your franchise vet who shot an average of 33% on 22 shot per game this past playoffs.

Wut? A Pop-run team would never have a PG attempting 22 shots a game. And we've got Patty Thrills as a backup. Who you got, a 30 year old rookie? :lmao

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Lowlights:

Scout 1:

His shooting needs to get better. He takes some tough shots. But I think it’s going to improve. The stroke isn’t bad.

Scout 2:
Not a great athlete, not very strong. I think what has happened to him is, because the game is so easy for him and he’s had such great success, his deficiencies haven’t manifested yet. I think that they will to a degree. And I’ll be very curious to see how he addresses it. Will he get in the weight room? Will he become wiry strong?

My issues with him are defensively. He guards with his instincts, that’s it.

But he can’t fucking guard anything. He’s disinterested. I saw [Ohio State] play Marquette earlier in the year. They were playing zone defense. Thad Matta doesn’t play zone. They were doing it to help Russell.

He gets by with his instincts, and I don’t know if you can do that in our league. I think that’ll be an issue for him. But he’s prideful enough and works at it [enough] to just be fucking capable. I mean, get in the fucking way.

Scout 3:
I think he can be in that upper tier of point guards.

You look at a kid like [Brandon] Jennings — talented, but there is some stuff there.

that is fine I didn't ignore any of that. Raven asked me why? So I gave both a scout's and analytics argument on why some think he can play. The stats love him say he was the prospect with highest upside and highest bust potential. Mitch gambled on this. Oakafor was the safer pick. To me his reputation going forward is staked to this kid. I am willing to be patient.

IF Raven all you got was he can pass from both articles I posted then you have lost the benefit I gave you earlier. At least Splitts read it. he focused on the negatives ... but I dont mind that ...it needs to be looked at from both sides.

BTW, even duncan had some poor games in college. I can dig those up but who cares? even if Russ wasnt shut down by Jefferson (who had a much better team) it only matters what he does going forward.

Raven
10-06-2015, 04:03 PM
that is fine I didn't ignore any of that. Raven asked me why? So I gave both a scout's and analytics argument on why some think he can play. The stats love him say he was the prospect with highest upside and highest bust potential. Mitch gambled on this. Oakafor was the safer pick. To me his reputation going forward is staked to this kid. I am willing to be patient.

IF Raven all you got was he can pass from both articles I posted then you have lost the benefit I gave you earlier. At least Splitts read it. he focused on the negatives ... but I dont mind that ...it needs to be looked at from both sides.

BTW, even duncan had some poor games in college. I can dig those up but who cares? even if Russ wasnt shut down by Jefferson (who had a much better team) it only matters what he does going forward.

i did read it, all I got from that is that he is not a shooter but a scorer (that is one of the common ways a future bust gets called), he's weak and unathletic, but has great vision which is the fluffest fluff you can get. Again, no mention of anything that stands out in him. The fact that they gave him a very high chance to be a superstar, means nothing.

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 04:09 PM
i did read it, all I got from that is that he is not a shooter but a scorer (that is one of the common ways a future bust gets called), he's weak and unathletic, but has great vision which is the fluffest fluff you can get. Again, no mention of anything that stands out in him. The fact that they gave him a very high chance to be a superstar, means nothing.

i also gave you that analytics but like I said you already have come to a conclusion. They didnt just talk about his passing ...but I knew it would be a waste of time for you. I posted it for Kool's benefit more than yours.

Splits
10-06-2015, 04:18 PM
i also gave you that analytics but like I said you already have come to a conclusion. They didnt just talk about his passing ...but I knew it would be a waste of time for you. I posted it for Kool's benefit more than yours.

In order to be a justified #2 pick at the PG position, offensively he's going to have to develop a money mid-range and 3pt shot and be devastating on the PnR. He doesn't have the strength or speed to take it to the rack. He would benefit in a movement-based offense, not sure if Byron is capable of adjusting his playbook to fit DB. Defensively, and I'm basing this on what I saw only in a couple of his OSU games and his 4 summer league games, he has a mountain to climb. He's going to need a structured system where he always knows his assignment.

Raven
10-06-2015, 04:18 PM

they are using analytics from college to project success in tha nba. the high difference between bust and superstar potential, means that the data is almost useless.

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 04:35 PM
they are using analytics from college to project success in tha nba. the high difference between bust and superstar potential, means that the data is almost useless.

What? no the data means that because of the metrics used players with similar data sets have the highest % of chances to succeed but there are outliers that show he also could bust. And I agree with both sentiments. Saying a 19 year old built like russell needs to get stronger? Wow what a surprise! Kyle Anderson needed to get stronger he is not fast but look how much better he looked a year later. I saw Anderson with my Bruins Kyle has good vision and instincts Druss has better vision.
They both could end up busts. but even for KA it's to early to tell.

where Russ got drafted means little to me at this point. if we took him over KAT I would be upset ...over the rest? Toss-up. Lakers swung big. Only Porzings would have been a bigger swing.

Splits
10-06-2015, 04:38 PM
What? no the data means that because of the metrics used players with similar data sets have the highest % of chances to succeed but there are outliers that show he also could bust. And I agree with both sentiments. Saying a 19 year old built like russell needs to get stronger? Wow what a surprise! Kyle Anderson needed to get stronger he is not fast but look how much better he looked a year later. I saw Anderson with my Bruins Kyle has good vision and instincts Druss has better vision.

where Russ got drafted means little to me at this point. if we took him over KAT I would be upset ...over the rest? Toss-up. Lakers swung big. Only Porzings would have been a bigger swing.

By definition a #30 pick can't bust.

And Mudiay will have a better career than DB. If you wanted to swing big on a PG, he was the one to take (could have traded down and got another first rounder).

Vonleh will also be better than Randle.

Raven
10-06-2015, 05:09 PM

In statistics, an outlier is an observation point that is distant from other observations. So saying that there is a high chance that he could be a bust, is the very contrary of what an outlier is. The Kyle Anderson comparison is very nice, he is the "6-9 point guard", Porzingis the giant with 7-6 wingspan and crazy speed that shoots triples .. KAT the next defensive anchor, Okafor the next great post up big..and even stanley johnson, the next lockdown perimeter defender with great athleticism. Who is DRussell? the next non nba ready middling pg..

Buddy Mignon
10-06-2015, 05:25 PM
Wut? A Pop-run team would never have a PG attempting 22 shots a game. And we've got Patty Thrills as a backup. Who you got, a 30 year old rookie? :lmao

I was talking about Lamarcus brick laying ass.

Splits
10-06-2015, 05:33 PM
I was talking about Lamarcus brick laying ass.

Yeah, I'm really concerned about Pop running high-post ISO sets for LMA over and over in the playoffs. That's how he rolls.

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 05:39 PM
In statistics, an outlier is an observation point that is distant from other observations. So saying that there is a high chance that he could be a bust, is the very contrary of what an outlier is. The Kyle Anderson comparison is very nice, he is the "6-9 point guard", Porzingis the giant with 7-6 wingspan and crazy speed that shoots triples .. KAT the next defensive anchor, Okafor the next great post up big..and even stanley johnson, the next lockdown perimeter defender with great athleticism. Who is DRussell? the next non nba ready middling pg..

LOL yes all those players will equal that in the NBA ... very reasonable. all those guys can bust just as easy as Drussell. Im done with you Raven you wont back down from your pre-conceived notions so I wont waste my breath. I gave you two well written arguments on why the Lakers made their pick.

At this point it's just time to let them develop and a few pre-season games heck even this year wont be enough to tell. Mudiay and Oakfor may put up empty stats and bigger numbers than KAT and Russell but I would take those two over the former. I like the skillset both show. KAt and Druss were my favorite players in this draft Oakafor was a close 3rd ... didnt know enough about Mudiay abut watched his china League games he was good but not that impressive. I think he will not be all that great unless he improves significantly but I dont know that for sure yet ...why? Because a few youtube games from a league I never heard of is not enough to tell me Mudiay is going to be great or a bust.

Raven
10-06-2015, 06:17 PM
LOL yes all those players will equal that in the NBA ... very reasonable. all those guys can bust just as easy as Drussell. Im done with you Raven you wont back down from your pre-conceived notions so I wont waste my breath. I gave you two well written arguments on why the Lakers made their pick.

At this point it's just time to let them develop and a few pre-season games heck even this year wont be enough to tell. Mudiay and Oakfor may put up empty stats and bigger numbers than KAT and Russell but I would take those two over the former. I like the skillset both show. KAt and Druss were my favorite players in this draft Oakafor was a close 3rd ... didnt know enough about Mudiay abut watched his china League games he was good but not that impressive. I think he will not be all that great unless he improves significantly but I dont know that for sure yet ...why? Because a few youtube games from a league I never heard of is not enough to tell me Mudiay is going to be great or a bust.

it seems you're not understanding what my question is.. The question is: assuming everything goes as it should in the learning-development process, who or what can Russell become? The next best shooter, the guy that can't be guarded on the pick and roll, the next best passer, a great defender... what? because with the other prospects, the upside is easy to see, because most of them have something great about them. Everything I have seen, and all the scouting reports that you presented, all they do, is shape the picture of the next mr average.

Raven
10-06-2015, 06:23 PM
in the meantime, Okafor is abusing Gortat in style

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 06:53 PM
in the meantime, Okafor is abusing Gortat in style

LoL, abusing Gortat ...when he enters the HOF will place that on his plaque ...how many rebounds, does he have slick?

Raven
10-06-2015, 06:58 PM
LoL, abusing Gortat ...when he enters the HOF will place that on his plaque ...how many rebounds, does he have slick?

i suggest you check the game, he's been off the charts..

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 06:59 PM

Doesnt answer the question. Saying he can score, is like saying Russell can pass or Jefferson can defend or Mudiay can drive. We already knew this. The two blocks are encouraging but again it's pre-season ... LOL Lower tier Spur fans creaming off pre-season games.

Raven
10-06-2015, 07:03 PM
Doesnt answer the question. Saying he can score, is like saying Russell can pass or Jefferson can defend or Mudiay can drive. We already knew this. The two blocks are encouraging but again it's pre-season ... LOL Lower tier Spur fans creaming off pre-season games.

I'm not kidding you, he looks like a better defender than cousins has ever been and it's not even close. Using the rebound card, while acceptable, it doesn't really tell the story because he is the one blocking out gortat

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 07:13 PM
I'm not kidding you, he looks like a better defender than cousins has ever been and it's not even close. Using the rebound card, while acceptable, it doesn't really tell the story because he is the one blocking out gortat

he finally got a couple ...blocking out Gortat is no excuse. I hate the fact you shills are trying to put me on the side of "hating on" Oakafor. I hate Duke and some of you but not him. I think he will be a good pro. I like his post moves and his hands. But I dont think he will be a mini Duncan that is crazy talk and I get you guys are trying to troll Laker fans but really need to stop with the hype. I hope he succeeds ... but you guys acting like we missed on Timmy D is just foolish.

Raven
10-06-2015, 07:18 PM
he finally got a couple ...blocking out Gortat is no excuse. I hate the fact you shills are trying to put me on the side of "hating on" Oakafor. I hate Duke and some of you but not him. I think he will be a good pro. I like his post moves and his hands. But I dont think he will be a mini Duncan that is crazy talk and I get you guys are trying to troll Laker fans but really need to stop with the hype. I hope he succeeds ... but you guys acting like we missed on Timmy D is just foolish.

He is not timmy, but I truly believe he should have gone #1.

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 07:34 PM
He is not timmy, but I truly believe he should have gone #1.

It's KAT, you will see. Oakafor will put up the better numbers this year because his team is horrid on offense. But when the dust settles two years from now it will be KAT that is closer to Anthony Davis than Oakafor who will be closer to prime AL Jeff ...

Raven
10-06-2015, 07:52 PM
It's KAT, you will see. Oakafor will put up the better numbers this year because his team is horrid on offense. But when the dust settles two years from now it will be KAT that is closer to Anthony Davis than Oakafor who will be closer to prime AL Jeff ...

perfectly possible, it depends on them really. The point is, you see how they can be really good and who they can become, with russell, i really dont. on a side note, I think towns will be very foul prone for a while, much of his success depends on him being smart on defense imo.
That's

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 07:58 PM
perfectly possible, it depends on them really. The point is, you see how they can be really good and who they can become, with russell, i really dont. on a side note, I think towns will be very foul prone for a while, much of his success depends on him being smart on defense imo.
That's

You lack vision and it's OK. I love hoe Spur fans is so impressed with the flashy scorer instead of the unselfish passer like russell or the mobile defender like KAT ... it's awesome.

10-06-2015, 08:16 PM
You lack vision and it's OK. I love hoe Spur fans is so impressed with the flashy scorer instead of the unselfish passer like russell or the mobile defender like KAT ... it's awesome.
Who would you compare him to?

DPG21920
10-06-2015, 10:21 PM

If Okafor is truly a good defender, it raises his ceiling far beyond what most think (and his original ceiling was already very high).

whitemamba
10-06-2015, 11:00 PM
i hope your not the same way with the ladies kool, because this is a bit premature, hes 19.

daslicer
10-06-2015, 11:22 PM
Russell just got injured after having a mid air collision with Gobert. He was carried off the court and in pain.

Mark Celibate
10-06-2015, 11:47 PM
Before the summer league maybe, but not after he was wide exposed as a scrub in the summer league. Dude is like an expired lottery ticket that has just as much value as a piece of paper tbh.

spurraider21
10-06-2015, 11:59 PM
lol so when hibbert was stacking those 0 rebound games, he must have been blocking out a LOOOOOT of rebounds :lol

spurraider21
10-07-2015, 12:30 AM
:lmao making fun of duncan all this time
:lmao russell has a sore asshole

https://i.gyazo.com/3e7675201734cde5ee5601470a8a3112.png

daslicer
10-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Hibbert looks like he's in great shape. He looks like he has trimmed down and he's moving a lot better than he's ever moved before.

Galileo
10-07-2015, 12:53 AM
Mudiay is the dream of the 2015 crop: He will be rookie of year, then all-star, then hall of fame. All he needs is a jump shot.

Buddy Mignon
10-07-2015, 01:49 AM
:lmao making fun of duncan all this time
:lmao russell has a sore asshole

https://i.gyazo.com/3e7675201734cde5ee5601470a8a3112.png

:lol

Buddy Mignon
10-07-2015, 01:50 AM
Hibbert looks like he's in great shape. He looks like he has trimmed down and he's moving a lot better than he's ever moved before.

Hibbert looks like he turned back the clock.

spurraider21
10-07-2015, 02:07 AM
:lol
shut the fuck up

Infinite_limit
10-07-2015, 02:46 AM
Has a Top pick ever been traded this far into the season?

Raven
10-07-2015, 08:21 AM
lol so when hibbert was stacking those 0 rebound games, he must have been blocking out a LOOOOOT of rebounds :lol
well as long as the team grabs the rebound, it doesn't matter who grabs it. In the Noel, Okafor, noel is easily the one intended to grab it. And i'm not saying he'll be a great rebounder, but we're in 2015.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-07-2015, 02:38 PM

I guess the Magic Johnson comparison took a nose dive of late.

spursistan
11-24-2016, 12:54 AM

(PRP) for the knee at age 20? not a good sign :nope..

StrengthAndHonor
11-24-2016, 01:05 AM
He's averaging a whopping 3.5 boards a game, he's definitely off the charts. Haha!

Thebesteva
11-24-2016, 01:32 AM

(PRP) for the knee at age 20? not a good sign :nope.. Keep crossing your fingers bruh

DMC
11-24-2016, 07:25 PM
Keep crossing your fingers bruh

We better hope he's out else how will the Spurs ever get past the Lakers in the playoffs?